Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Gilaen

Lian Ikariyang

"Ah." Krausse folded his arms, and pouted. He seemed completely unaware of how much Lovi despised him. "Well that's no fun. It's not even your baby, so why care?"

Taking into consideration that Lovi had never referred to the baby as her own, the baby's own tantrum, and the fact that Lian was missing...

"The silver-haired girl's spawn, hmm?" Krausse grinned, fascinated by the toddler. "So adorable! We should return it to it's mommy, shouldn't we? Well, there's the easy way to find Lian..."

A scalpel fell out of a narrow slit in Krausse's palm, and he grasped it. "...And there's the hard way. You'll want to do the hard way, because the easy way involves a tracking spell. The genetic difference from parent to child is so infinitesimally small that I can use a small amount of the child's blood... to track Lian! Isn't that so cool? We can literally find her instantly! Traveling may take a short bit, though. Teleporting around the City of Doors is such a bad idea. Tried that a couple of centuries ago and had to fight the Lady of Pain."

Krausse wrinkled his nose, as if to say [******** that b***h. "The hard way is detective work. I, for one, would not mind doing that. It means I get to interrogate people." Krausse's purple eyes glistened at the very thought of all the torture he could inflict on completely undeserving people. "But I'm not patient. So... let's bleed some little kid, eh?"

Instead of offering to cut the baby himself, Krausse magnanimously proffered the scalpel blunt end first to Lovi. "Only a drop is needed, as much as I loathe to admit that."

Feral Mage

10,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Azorian grunted as he was bumped he didnt even feel the ever so slight tug on his pouches strings. He might have if not for the fact that she bumped right into the tip of his sheathed sword. Azorian looked up though as the woman spoke his luminescent blue eyes previously hidden glowing beneath the hood of his robe. As he lifted his right hand it revealed an intricate silver gauntlet shaped like a lions open mouth his armored fingers within the maw. As he reached up his hand exited the lions mouth pulling the hood back revealing his bluish black hair. He shook his head an indication that he had been ok, though that might not be obvious a fact that dawned on him as he did it.

"Ma'am, I am alright, my apologies for not paying attention to where I was going. Sadly that is in part because I am not actually sure where I am going."

His tone as he said the last part was somewhat wistful or at least distracted as if he were overwhelmed by the experience of being in sigil city. If it were not obvious by this point that he had not grown up in the city then the words he was about to speak were not going to make it any less obvious. He was about to ask this young woman possibly no more than a girl, weather or not she could help him find a place he could look for work. He knew the money in his pouch wouldnt get him through more than a day or two especially if he had to stay in some kind of inn or hotel.

"Actually you might be able to help me, Is it possible you know of a place I can find some work? I just arrived in sigil city, is it possible you could show me where I should be looking or maybe give me some directions to a place I can stay while i try to find work."

Wheezing Werewolf

Krausse Kreugar

Lian Ikariyang

Market Ward

"Oh, no dear, don't you worry," she assured her in as gentle a voice as she could manage, "Mommy's just waiting for us. We're going to meet her very soon.." Sweet as the guild mother tried to be, she just wasn't sure how one was supposed to talk to or act around a child, let alone a sick, terrified one.

The little knife was thrust into her hand, and much as she wanted to shove it right back in his face, literally, there wasn't much of a choice. She sighed, and paused for a moment before looking to Terra. She must have gone to the doctor's office before. This wouldn't be any more painful than a simple shot, but she had no way of knowing that in her two year old brain.

"Terra, can you close your eyes and hum your favorite song for me?" she asked, the stone exterior that had set in without warning before now fading away to show the normal and fleshy Lovi the little girl might recognize better. It just came and went of its own free will.

She would hum the tune along with the little girl as she pricked the end of her tiny finger just barely and offered that first drop to Krausse cautiously.
"Here," she sounded quite discontented.

Friendly Explorer

Oi, a sob story. She looks concerned, but internally Val winced. Great. A tourist.

Easy marks, but hopefully he wouldn't have to panhandle later, cause of her. Then again, perhaps she could ironically toss him a coin or two if that became the case!

"Uhm." She pretended to look around, as if she might be a tad lost herself. "If you take the street at the end here a while, you should end up in the Market Ward-maybe help in one of the stalls? I can't say I've heard of anyone hiri-oh!" She had glanced to her watch, the picture of surprise and hurry. "I've got to go, I'm quite late!" She offered a quick wave. "Good luck to you, welcome to Sigil! Sorry again!"

And with that, she bustled off in the opposite direction he was facing, attempting to disappear into the crowd-and turn the first corner she'd see.

Desirable Genius

Krausse Kreugar
Lady Gilaen

Terra cried and cried, upset and hungry but Lovi wasn't moving. The knowledge she would go see Mommy soon brought her some comfort. The red-haired man still terrified her and as he moved closer to hand Lovi the scalpel, she shifted and attempted to move so she was further away from it and closer to Lovi than she was already. "A song?"She said, closing her eyes. There was one that Lian sung to all of her children that was a lullaby in Elvish. Terra learned a bit of the common language and Elvish to understand both. "Lor, lora, neo linda HiAAAAAAAAAAOOOUUUCHIE!"She started to sing, but the sting on her finger hurt as badly as when she tried to catch a bumblebee before.

Terra wailed, trying to her hand away and crying. She felt betrayed but that one little p***k was always magnified in a child's mine. "Maaahahahameeeeee I wahn Maaaameee!"She wailed.

Feral Mage

10,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Azorian glanced towards the woman as she hustled off her words and actions so rushed as to almost be awkward even given the fact that she said she was late. As she slipped into the crowd he disappeared until she turned the first corner. A frown crossed the spellswords lips, but he let it pass as he turned in the direction she had previously indicated. It crossed his mind as the evening progressed that it would get increasingly harder and harder for the mage to find work. With a sigh the mage looked around again this city was huge, even the Guild Ward was easy to find one self lost in. With a deep breath Azorian turned to retrace his steps, the mages guild at home was normally willing to help an adept or acolyte in anyway they could afford. For the moment Azorian merely wanted to get information from the guild hall. All this taken into consideration Azorian started the process of retracing the hour he had spent wandering the guild ward. If all went well then the young mage would have his information by the end of the first hour.

Familiar Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Ferris was a man of rather simple and plain tastes. He wore black shoes, pants, and a modestly nice black jacket. He did bear a few oddities though. The most immediate would be a slightly ragged blue scarf rapped around his neck, though that was more obvious than unusual. More unusual was he wore a pair of steel gauntlets on his hands, fully articulated and with a shiny silver sheen to them. His hip bore an extremely extravagant saber. It's sheath was decorated with rare stones and depicted what might be a storm. However the most unusual thing was that the whites of his eyes were yellow. Not the iris, the white part. Not to many people cared or noticed it, but where he came from it was noticed and rather unusual.

In a place like Sigil though he was nothing special. Except that he could fly of his own free volition. That was also why he was sitting on the ledge of a rather tall building overlooking the busy Guildhall Ward and drinking a bottle of soda. He liked to watch people. Kind of a hobby really. It was really easy to watch people from up top because no one every looked up. EVER. For instance, he just saw some poor mook get pickpocketed. That was fun. He had to wonder if he should do something. He was taught better, but that soda was really good...
Lady Gilaen

Lian Ikariyang

The power in that drop of blood was immense. As it soaked through Krausse's hand, he drew his head back and elicited a sigh of pure pleasure, his eyes rolled back. He lazily drew his head back down, a cheshire grin of shark teeth stretching his porcelain skin. Every leyline in Sigil was visible to his hungry eyes, running along the streets and walls and the sky like overcharged power cables. The crimson haired immortal reached up and grasped one that glowed like falling star, drawing it down and into his body, tethering himself.

A different Krausse than the off-color egomaniac from before turned to Lovi, something more akin to a primal force of nature than a flesh and blood creature. His voice was low and gravely when he said, "Not far. Now, we hunt, and you will keep up, girl."

Following the red headed sociopath was easier said than done, as Krausse almost glided along the ground at a breakneck pace, the shadows the alleyway literally molding themselves around the creature to camouflage his movements.

He was headed towards the warehouses.

At that speed, it wouldn't be long.

Feral Mage

10,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Azorian had taken a left and then a right and then a left again the opposite turns he had used to get to this location. If he had used the turns in the correct places he should have ended up right back at the mages guild but some how the scenery started to change on his way back becoming more dilapidated the buildings growing larger and more industrial. With a sigh the young spell sword was feeling more and more sure he was getting more and more lost with every passing moment. Inching his sword free of his sheathe in case he was going to need it. Striding purposefully he headed deeper into the district working on finding some kind of main thorough fair or an individual who could give some directions back to the guild ward and the mages guild hall. With luminous blue eyes forward but glancing down the various alleys he passed he made his way deeper into the maze of warehouses.

[moving from the guild ward to the warehouse district through the market district]

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
arrow The Guildhall Ward

Koto stepped through the portal into the guildhall ward, her sandy fox ears alertly perked up on the top of her head around tufts of auburn hair, attentively taking in the sights of Sigil-- a part of Gaia that the over-exuberant fox demon had never been to before. Dressed in her normal choice of clothing-- a cream-colored top with an off-the-shoulder yellow collar and sky blue tie, high-waisted pink shorts with an add-on red coattail, both with a hole for her to slide her furry fox tail through, and sheer black hose that covered her legs all the way down to her fold-over red ankle booties. She looked like something out of a bad 80's movie crossed with a furry fangirl.

But, regardless of appearance, she was the most qualified to scout out the area, as the green-eyed foxgirl was sent to peruse the planes of Gaia for new fighters and familiar faces for the Dark Tournament's return. Clutching a clipboard in hand, she was determined to scour the wards of Sigil and find some new blood.

Clutching her free hand in a fist, she held it up to her chest in a proud fashion. "Making it here was half the battle! It was too bad Juri couldn't come-- the committee will make me head referee again for sure, with her skipping out on all the work!" she said to herself, "She never was really made for the Dark Tournament, anyway. Time to find me some fighters!"

Wheezing Werewolf

Rhiven Knight

((Wrapping this up kind of fast, sorry. s**t post ahead- : P))

Lovi wasn't about to run off after the madman that she was now entirely uncertain of. She couldn't keep up, and even if she managed, try as she did for a few blocks, she had a screaming, crying child in her hands. This of all things took priority over whatever impulse she might otherwise have followed. Krausse wasn't headed towards Lian's home or Fal'lain, so it was a fair bet that they were safe places to deposit little Terra for the time being.
When she had a fair idea of where Krausse was going, she deviated from the path and passed a stranger on the side of the street, bumping him with her elbow. She didn't apologize and didn't seem to take much notice of it. There were, after all, more important things to be taken care of.

Wheezing Werewolf

Athrien Gothril
arrow The Lady's Ward
Trying the obvious and "in-character" approach first, the young man would make his way up to the front doors and give them a solid knock or few.
"Mister Helman! I believe we have matters to discuss!"

It was, of course, not Mr. Helman who answered the door in response to the young man's call (It was a mansion for God's sake. It was a miracle anyone actually hear him).

"Mmmmyeeees?" a portly and rather short man, likely the butler or something like it, answered the door in a deep tone, "May I help you."

Feral Mage

10,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lady Gilaen

Azorian hadnt been paying close enough attention since he was caught off guard and a little off balance by the woman that bumped into him trying to get past him. The spell sword stumbled sideways a little before catching his balance."Hey!" The spell sword called out after the woman before turning to follow her, not in the creepy stalker form of follow but more in the catch up to and speak to form of follow. With a quickening of his pace he moved to catch up with the woman the faint cries of a baby catching his ear. The sickly sound of the crying child put the spell sword raised to be a soldier and a guardian on edge.

"Ma'am, is something the matter?"

Omnipresent Poster

[Market Ward - Outdoor Tea Shop]

Sitting at a table positioned amongst some outdoor vendors was Ko Yuen. He was currently dressed in his standard white suit, a black tie, striped with black worn in place. He had a cup of tea sitting half drank on the table as the Sigil news was open in front of him in both hands. Shades masked over his eyes as he read through the paper, though he was splitting attention between it and his surroundings. In truth, he was staking out the business across the street, a gun shop called Mitchell's Gun Wares. This was an important business because it sold to a lot of the authorities and bounty hunters that hung in Sigil. They directly did not do business with criminals, requiring some form of a Sigil ID as a citizen and no criminal records to shop there. It was a bit of a popular place, too. No one would dare try to rob it, considering its popularity and the inherit danger of trying to attack someone with multiple guns surrounding them.

But the Triads had plans for this store. Such a front would prove useful for their business of weaponry. For now, Ko simply appeared as any normal guy having himself some tea.

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
arrow The Lady's Ward -- Treading Lightly

Lady Gilaen
"Mmmmyeeees?" a portly and rather short man, likely the butler or something like it, answered the door in a deep tone, "May I help you."

It seemed as if letting yourself go was common among the rich masses. At least, for the men.
Though it could very likely be Charles -- at least, if the gossip around him was any indication, the man's reputation was one of infamy. Since image was everything, it would be a surprise to see this place brimming with servants.
Athrien straightened up and reined in the hostility he hoped he was previously emanating. A small clear of the throat preceded his delivery.
"Ah, yes! I had heard that my beloved Christine was in here! I have come here to respectfully demand her return!"
He was pushing his luck.
The firearm comfortably tucked in behind his crimson tailcoat was comfort enough for the man should things get dangerous, however. Shadow-stepping with the girl was impossible, unfortunately..
After trying to lean inside (having not properly been invited in yet), the man gave a much less subtle cry for his mark.
"Oh, my glimmering Crystal, are you here?!"
And having no special words or phrases to prove his allegiance with Lovi, this was the best he could do to draw the lady out.
There was, perhaps, the business card, but first he would have to see how this particular attempt at baiting would play out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff