Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The River---
User Image

Had he lied? He didn't feel like he did. He wasn't hiding anything from, he knew he couldn't do what she was asking so he was merely trying to adapt to his strengths to do as she asked. He meant no offense, but he certainly wasn't going to bring about the issue. He wasn't trying to disappoint her, but a tree wasn't a rock. He couldn't do what he just couldn't do. He looked down, ashamed of himself. "I understand Princess. Forgive my insolence." He said humbly.

He took his stance and waited a few moments. He realized what he was about to do was worthless. If she already knew that he was using magic forming it into arrows was a waste of his time. It took added concentration and focusing the shape was tough, when he could just cast the spell as a projectile.

"Give unto the world an effort of force and strike." He chanted. This time his spell emerged from the outward palm of his hand. Much larger in size this time. It appeared to be a block of mass. "I can merge this into the shape of an arrow if you'd like princess, but it's easier for me to channel the mass this way." He admitted. Honestly he felt ashamed of himself. Her first request of him and he couldn't even accomplish it. It made him feel like a failure.

Then what she had said had crept in the back of his mind. "All living things had an aura." He had never doubted that he was alive, but he was a creation. Not born as a real human. A doll that could move and talk, built with a purpose. That much couldn't be stepped around, whatever she thought, he had no aura. If what she said was true though, did that mean he wasn't truly alive? His mind left that there in the back of his mind. Though he showed none of it in the emotion of his face.

He waited to see if this was acceptable or if he had to use the bow.

Attributes:

Attack:+30
Defense:0%
Life: 80/80
Heal:10%
Evade:+2
Spells
Cure: Available
Smash: On cool-down. 1 minute.

Karabella the Black Angel
Karabella

Levy Schweitzer's Partner

Hallowed Hunter

User Image
User Image
☾The Black Angel☽
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"So much to tell you, and most of all 'goodbye', but I know that you can't hear me anymore... not anymore."

• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •

Karabella nodded her assent. "Show me what you can do."

All her previous challengers had been trained to use her bow, but the Black Angel was willing to improvise. Times have changed and, apparently, so had the world. Never before had she come across an artificial human before. Would this prove to be a challenge for both of them? Hmm... that said, it might just give him some unknown leverage in the challenges to come. So Karabella decided there and then that she would be more of a pointer rather than a trainer for this particular candidate. If he needed her help in future, surely he'd ask. She surveyed the 'arrow' he created. It was much like an aura-made bow, really, despite having no shape. If he was able to change its properties from killing to caging, that would be good enough for her.

It also seemed like he wouldn't need a bow. The Black Angel smiled as she took her seat back on the tree stump, ruffling a bunny's fur. The things she gave her challengers were always the same; an armor that could adapt to any surrounding, save for unbearable cold, and a weapon that could shift into anything it needed to be. A sword, a bow, a dagger. Oslert would come to learn of his gifts' properties the more he used them.

• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •• • •

"As I drown in my regrets... I can't take back the words I never said."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Current Location: The Nyx Abode - The River | Moving to: Nowhere |ATK: +40 | DEF: -20% | EVD: +4 | HEAL: +40% | LIFE: 50/50

MidoriPotente

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The River---
User Image

Once she asked him to show her what he could do, he looked puzzled. Did she just mean in general. He guessed she was trying to assess his strengths. He nodded towards her. "I haven't tried a focused incantation with my magic yet. My fathers told me that as my magic improved focused incantations would be immeasurably useful, but I guess I could try one now."

Oslert fired his magic away, it traveled nearly twenty feet before burst into particles on nothing. He took a deep breath and sat down cross-legged. This was very different from how he had been when he was holding the bow. He didn't look like he was struggling to get something right. He looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. After a minute and a half Oslert jumped up to his feet and extended one hand out. "Give unto the world an effort of force and STRIKE!" As he spoke he weaved a symbol in the shape of a diamond in front of him. The diamond appeared in mid-air as a brown color and his hand extended out in the middle of the diamond.

A similar cube to before was created, this one appeared to be a bit larger than the last one, but nothing incredibly impressive. He fired this one out and it traveled maybe 25 feet outwards before exploding out in a 3 foot radius where the last one had simply dissipated.

He looked to Karabella. "Forgive me Princess. My magic is still amateur. I do have some skill with a bow and a sword, but without arrows, my bowmanship is useless." He looked at her. "Also... my magic takes a while to replenish itself. Every time I use my smash spell it takes longer and longer to recharge before I can use it again." He sighed. "I can maybe use it three more times today." He reported.

If she wanted to know what he was capable of, he figured this was the best time to let her know.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: On cool-down. 10 minutes.

Karabella

Hallowed Hunter

User Image
User Image
☾The Black Angel☽

"So much to tell you, and most of all 'goodbye', but I know that you can't hear me anymore... not anymore."

"In that case," Karabella got up. "We'll spend the rest of the day touring this forest. Familiarising yourself with your surroundings should prove to be useful." That, and Karabella herself would be able to think more on the current situation. Should she give him another task? No, that would go against her own principles. No matter what the past challengers lacked, the Black Angel never changed her tasks for them. But maybe there was a better way to go about this...

OOC: It could be that I'm having writers' block... or typing on a phone is just too damn difficult u.u sorreh --- edited a little

Current Location: The Nyx Abode - The River | Moving to: Nowhere |ATK: +40 | DEF: -20% | EVD: +4 | HEAL: +40% | LIFE: 50/50

MidoriPotente

Beloved Strawberry

9,175 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Millionaire 200

MidoriPotente

Nefarious Doll

User ImageUser Image

The young Na'ruk didn't resist when he had been ushered to a small dinner table and the feline had set a bowl of unusual dish of food before him. Whatever it was, it smelled delicious to Cecil and his stomach grumbled in agreement. Without another moment of hesitation, the prince grasped a spoon and began swiftly shoveling the gumbo into his mouth, savoring the flavor of each bite. Even if there was vegetables in it, the prince was too hungry to care. He hadn't had a real meal since he left from home weeks ago. The taste of his mother's sweet corn, homemade bread, and potatoes was still vivid in his memory. Unfortunately, he hadn't spent much time learning how to cook with his mother as he did learning to forage from the people of their settlement. Cecil had a mental catalog of berries and plants, what you could eat and what gave you rashes in bad places.

By the time the kitty returned, Cecil had finished off the last remnants of gumbo left in his bowl. The prince smiled as the cat found enjoyment out of playing with the horns on his head. This was when the feline would ask a question regarding the prince's intentions. When the cat mentioned the name "Kawabelly", Cecil shook his head. Someone had come here before him? Who?

"I don't know that name, but I'm searching for someone with black wings. I was told to search for this person as they were the last hope against the plague that destroyed my home."

The young boy's ears flickered. He took hold of the empty bowl and the spoon he used and rose from his chair. Looking around with his honey colored eyes, the prince spotted the basin and headed for it, placing the dirtied dishes inside and running a small amount of water to wash them. Setting them aside to dry, Cecil turned to face the feline once again, removing his crown and bowed, giving his thanks and rising to give an introduction of himself.

"Thank you for the food. I really appreciate it. By the way, what's your name? I'm Cecil Evangeline."

『Ⓛⓞⓒⓐⓣⓘⓞⓝ』//Pusheen's Place
『Ⓞ.Ⓞ.Ⓒ.』//Be ready. Cecil will call Kara "Kawabelly" when he first meets her.

Life: 70/70 | Heal: 20% | Attack: +10 | Defense: 20% | Evade: +2

Hallowed Hunter

User Image, Rothrodin's Guardian
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
User Image

Thoughts : o ω o Me thinks me is tour-guide...

"Me ish Pusheen, the gweat guardian!" Said the little sage proudly, puffing his chest out (if that was even possible). "And chu welcome. Me hardly ever has someone to share food with-- well, there's the other animals, but they nu talk." Pusheen shrugged. Then, he suddenly processed what the Na'Ruk prince had just said. Person with black Wings...

"That's Kawabelly!" Exclaimed the magical cat, floating upwards in delight. "Oh gee, why suddenly evewyone wanna see her?" Pusheen tapped his chin, contemplating. "GASP! Ish it because she's almost old enough to mawwy now?!" He smooshed his cheeks in horror. "Nuuuuuuuu! Me nu want Kawabelly to weave me!" He suddenly got very close to Cecil's face. "Chu nu wanna mawwy her, wight?"

OOC: It'll be okay only because he's a kid... and he's adorabbu >:C

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Current Location: Pusheen's Treehouse |ATK: +30 | DEF: -50% | EVD: +6 | HEAL: +90% | LIFE: 100/100

Precocious Nova

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The River---
User Image

"As you will it my princess." Oslert said as he lowered his bow from an attacking stance. He took his place next to her and followed her respectfully.

He wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to be doing here. Catching a fire sprite, didn't sound overly complicated, but what exactly was the point of getting familiar with Abode Nyx? If he took his time here he was confident that it wouldn't take him long to get familiar with the area. Touring it specifically for that purpose just seemed to be a waste of time. Then he notice how close he walked to her and suddenly his feelings of waste disappeared.

He had to admit it was starting to get irritating. He was still relatively new to this world so he had experienced many new things in a short amount of time so feeling something new wasn't particularly bad, but more often than not it was easy to discern what the feeling was and why he reacted to it. This feeling though was completely foreign to him and he really had no idea what spurned it on. Oslert shook off the feeling of anxiety and decided that the best course of action was just to confront.

"My princess. May I ask you something?" He didn't know why, but he felt his stomach tightened, his body didn't want him to inquire. That made him want to ask even more in hopes of understanding. "I am experiencing something. It's nothing I've ever felt before. It only happens around you." He felt his mind searching for the words to describe the feeling, but found it tough." I feel like when I'm with you my stomach is tight. When I try to talk, it's hard to form thoughts or words. When I'm apart from you, I find myself thinking about you. Before I met you, I had similar feelings because I wanted to serve you so that I could achieve my goal to gain your assistance, but now I don't think that's what it is anymore. It feels weird, but nice...but not?" Oslert seemed at a loss for words. "Do you know what I'm feeling?" He asked.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: On cool-down: 8 minutes.

Karabella

Hallowed Hunter

User Image
User Image
☾The Black Angel☽

"My princess. May I ask you something?"

Karabella turned and listened to what he had to say. At first, she wanted to tell him it was only a bad case of nerves but as Oslert went on, the Black Angel herself was finding it hard to tell him. It couldn't be what she thought... could it? No. Of course not. It's been less than two days. "I think you're just eager to finish your quest." Karabella said finally. "And since I'm a big part of that, you can't help but think of me." She frowned then. The raven-haired beauty searched Oslert's eyes for any sign of a ploy. She found none. And then, a thought hit her. It was possible that he just hadn't had a lot of contact with other women. "That, orr you might be having a mild... crush." Karabella cringed at the word. This entire conversation was just awkward and embarrassing, but she wanted to answer the male as honestly as possible.

To busy herself, Karabella picked up and started to scratch gently behind a baby bunny's ear. It snuggled into her touch in response, making her smile. Out of the corner of her eye, the Black Angel noticed a couple of bunnies had latched onto Oslert for a ride. Cute. While they walked, Karabella kept taking mental notes of every Fire Sprite that passed. A few dozen at the least, as usual. To grant Rothrodin's next temporary gift, she'd need one of them. Karabella watched as one came over to a dying rose bush. A single bump and it was healthy once more. That was the ability she needed to borrow. They were good for many other things as well and were hard to catch, so they were perfect for a challenge. She couldn't just hand everyone that came to her whatever they wanted, after all. And since Oslert's request required her to leave the Abode and help the rest of Rothrodin, the ones who'd shunned her...

Well, Karabella wasn't going to make the challengers any easier for him.

MidoriPotente

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The River---
User Image

He followed along with her and now he knew that whatever he was feeling was bad. Her demeanor had changed when she started describing it. She had adopted a slight variation of the mannerisms that he had been getting used to since he started having these feelings. It was strange to see her even a little bit uncollected. Stranger still was that seeing this, actually made him feel less anxious.

The peak of her concern came at the word "crush." She had used it in a way that he wasn't familiar with. He knew the action of crushing was to squeeze something under the pressure of something else; usually into a flattened or broken status. Having a 'mild crush' didn't exactly make sense to him. It was obviously some slang that he didn't understand and he still didn't understand if this was good or bad; again, he presumed bad. She had apparently dropped it and continued with her tour.

His distraction had given way to the lack of perception at the number of Fire Sprites that passed by. He had noticed the rabbits, but didn't mind them. He saw one or two Fire Sprites, but not the power they possessed. At one point he saw one flutter by and he tried to talk to it. "Hello there." He said to it. "How are you today?" He asked it, waiting for a response.

Unfortunately for Oslert the curiosity was starting to find its way back into his mind. He had tried to pace it out, but while attempting to talk to the sprites his eyes had fallen on Karabella while she stroked a rabbit. It made her appear so gentle, so kind, very cute. It made the feeling appear in his chest; which was a tightening. Suddenly the term "crush" made a lot of sense. His heart literally felt like it was being crushed in his chest. It must have been bad, was it terminal?

"Princess!" Oslert said abruptly. "I am sorry. Forgive me. I think I must be afflicted with a crush." He said instantly bowing. "My heart feels pressure and it's hard to breathe." He said. He looked up at her and showed her his hands. "Look, even now. My hands are trembling. Please Princess, I don't mean to interrupt your training, but how do I stop my crush?" He asked desperately.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: On cool-down: 2 minutes.

Karabella

Hallowed Hunter

User Image
User Image
☾The Black Angel☽

"I am sorry. Forgive me. I think I must be afflicted with a crush." At those words, the Black Angel came to an abrupt stop. "My heart feels pressure and it's hard to breathe. Look, even now. My hands are trembling. Please Princess, I don't mean to interrupt your training, but how do I stop my crush?" She blinked.

And then she laughed.

A tinkling sound of both amusement and glee that seemed to have bubbled up from inside. The forest animals peeked out of their hiding spots once more to look. They hadn't heard her laugh, genuinely, for several years now. "My, aren't you an adorable one?" Her tone was gentle, like the smile playing on her lips. Judging by his inexperience, Karabella guessed he only recently came into creation and, therefore, hadn't had the time to learn what things such as love and infatuation were. "Don't worry," She reassured him, smoothing the hair away from his face, suddenly feeling the need to. "A crush will only do two things. Either it fades with time or develops into something much stronger." She gave his head a few pats before continuing to lead the way. "You'll learn through experience, that's what Pusheen says."

The smile remained on her face. She was also noticeably more comfortable now as they walked through the forest together. Karabella wondered how he'd fare once back in Korrindel and her smile faltered slightly. She knew the outside world, knew how those who weren't cunning and smart would get used. The Black Angel was always trying to keep people at a distance that she had fooled even herself into thinking she didn't care. The truth was, she did. And she wasn't too fond of the idea that Oslert could be taken advantage of, being as naive as he was. But then again... Karabella brought a hand up to stifle a giggle as she thought of all the childish questions he might ask her in future. Even if he did have a crush on her, the Black Angel wasn't too worried now. It would fade, no doubt. After all...

Who could love someone that ate her own kind?

MidoriPotente

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The River---
User Image

When she giggled, he felt generally concerned. Was this really something to laugh at? Was it that foolish to her. He showed the feeling he felt. He surmised that maybe she was so powerful that she wasn't affected by crushes and the fact that he was, was silly to her because they were so easy to conquer. She had surely seemed to crushed the anxiousness he had noticed before. No pun intended, of course.

Then she told him that two things happen with crushes. The first option made him feel relief the second option made his eyes go wide. It could get worse? Was it an illness? Oslert tried not to show how worried he was. Despite this new feeling, he had to remember he was here to look strong in front of the princess. He ultimately decided that he would just have to deal with it and hope that it wavered like she said it might.

He had grown concerned for another reason. He had tried a second time to engage one of the fire sprites in conversation and it seemed again he wasn't able to communicate with them as easily as Lady Karabella had made him think originally. Truthfully he didn't want to 'capture' one. He would have preferred to simply ask for its help. His mind gave up its dutiful peace when he came to the conclusion, that he would probably have to capture one.

Truthfully, he'd like to get that done as soon as possible.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: On cool-down: Available.

Karabella

Hallowed Hunter

Things are going pretty slow, so... TIMESKIP C:

User Image (Oslert's second trial begins)

MidoriPotente

Precocious Nova

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The Ruins: 2nd Floor: Oslert's Room---
User Image

Oslert sat quietly on the floor in his room. He had been done with his first trial for a few days. He had thought there was a huge problem because of his aura not existing, but thanks to Karabella's tutelage he was able to advance his magic and use it in a way that he didn't even think was possible. He had also worked along with her at his bow work. He had previously been able to land a body blow from about fifty yards, but in four short days he was landing head blows from almost seventy yards.

Once Oslert had found a way to morph his magic, using smash to capture a fire sprite was incredibly easy. He had just molded the outer shell of smash around an unsuspecting fire sprite; leaving the inside hollow and the fire sprite completely safe inside. He had seen how happy Karabella had been with his resourcefulness and it made him not only proud of himself, but eager to do more for her.

Karabellla. Oslert opened his eyes. He thought about her. He hadn't seen her in a couple of days. When his trail was completed she had told him he was free to explore Nyx Abode, however he had not left his room since. Pusheen had come to visit at one point talking about some sort of sheepy that he was helping around, but since he had not heard from the sage. His mind began to focus on Karabella again. He hadn't seen her in some time and he could feel those weird feelings slowly subside. He had surmised that it was the "short term" affect that Karabella had mentioned and honestly that made him feel relieved. He had a mission and these feelings were horribly distracting. He didn't know how to deal with them and it seemed that in her infinite wisdom, the princess didn't know how to deal with them either. Whatever was affecting him clearly wasn't affecting her. How could see know how to deal with it?

Oslert sighed. Karabella had told him she needed the fire sprite and today was supposed to be the day he was to meet her again at the sea shore where they had first met. He stood up and looked at his two outfits. The armor and his cloak. One given to him by his father's the other given to him by his princess. He tweaked his lips at the two articles of clothing, eventually made a choice on what to wear, and headed out to the sea shore where he was supposed to meet Karabella.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: Available.

Karabella

OOC:
I am really sorry that I took so long in my response. I'll probably be totally active again come monday or tuesday. Sorry for the delay everyone! Where is sheepy?

Hallowed Hunter

User Image
User Image
☾The Black Angel☽

As expected, Karabella was waiting for him.
Though the Black Angel's mind was far away at the moment.

She was singing a lovely tune, one that sounded like a lullaby. Only when she realised Oslert was fast approaching did she stop. Karabella reeled her focus back in. In completing his second trial, Oslert had given Rothrodin's people two weeks of purified land. For a period of fourteen days, those outside the Abode will be able to drink from streams and grow food again. And now, it was officially time for Karabella to explain his next trial. He seemed to have breezed through the first challenge, as was the case with a few other past candidates.

Now to see if he'd be as lucky with the next.

OOC: Sorry, exam time. Been pretty busy. Will be free in another week or so.

Current Location: The Nyx Abode - Seaside | Moving to: Nowhere |ATK: +40 | DEF: -20% | EVD: +4 | HEAL: +40% | LIFE: 50/50

MidoriPotente

The Homonculus
                  ---Oslert O' Paush---
                      ---The Seaside---
User Image

Oslert had approached with little mention of his presence. "Good morning Princess." He said happily. He waved to her and approached her with a bow of respect when he realized the wave was probably a bit too informal. While bowing he asked, "How are you doing today? I hope all is well." His eyes moved up with his body when he came up from his bow. At this close range he was able to take her in completely.

He had thought that in the days he had been gone he had gotten over this 'crush' she had talked about. He felt like his body was getting used to not being around her, but this. One good look at his princess and all the tightness in his chest; the feeling of anxiety. It all came rushing back like a tidal wave. He gazed at her beauty to the point of almost rudeness before he was able to pull himself from his slack-jawed stupor and look away with an embarrassed blush across his face. Nothing had change in the time from them apart, he was still very crushed on her.

"Ahem." He said clearing his own thoughts as well as his throat. "W...what are we going to do today Princess?" He asked. Again his body finding that nervous shake that he adopted whenever he was close to her.

Attributes:

Spells
Smash: Available.

Karabella

OOC:
That's alright, I took a long time as well. What happened to your friends?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff