Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

ROULETTES&.BLACKJACK ████
                                          XXXXXX GONNA BUILD US A PARADISE, XXXX IF YOU WANNA LIVE THERE YOU'LL HAVE TO DRUG ME
                                          XXXX ( XX braithewaiteXX ) XXXX

XXXXXXXXXXX■■■■■■■■■

He'd taken a moment just inside the hall to gather his thoughts, heaving a sigh and carding gauntleted fingers through his unbound hair. He'd made an art of that, not getting the fine strands caught on metal; it was something he prided himself on.

Braith starts as someone clears his throat, eyes snapping only to land on the doctor from the night before. The smirk on his face was- irritating, for whatever reason, and the guard just levels him with a bland look, before inclining his chin in acceptance. A cigarette or two wouldn't be amiss, especially now. He needed something to relax.

"Fine," he says almost grudgingly, sounding tired. He felt tired. "But I can't stay for long. I'm on duty, and I've gotta get back to my post soon."

He'd never hated his job before, not really, but standing quietly in place for so long would give him entirely too much time to think.

SailorHeichou

Devoted Rogue

User Image
Fraya
Assassin
Voice

Fraya turned around and looked at Fantasy who started talking to Lina. She watched Lina and saw her get all quiet and blush when she looked at Tokiya. She looked back at Tokiya who gave a nod to Lawrenzo before he headed out. "Alright, we can do the dresses now." She stated with a smile and linked arms with Lina. "I'll see you later Tokiya." She said with a giggle. Pyry keep him company ok?" She said to the tiger, the tiger let out a low growl and pushed up against Tokiya.

She linked her other arm with Fantasy and walked out of the kitchen. "Miss Fantasy you have impeccable timing." She laughed, before looking at Lina who she'd have a few things to say to about liking someone as well and not saying anything. She looked back at Fantasy and smiled. "I can't believe I get to have you make a dress for me, I always admired your work. I don't feel like I could do them justice as well at the royals." She stated honestly. The outfits she had made for the royals were unlike anything she had sen before, they were always made with the finest fabrics and looked stunning on them. She was a true artist whos passion lit up the room. Even her own clothes were always beautiful, no matter how she dressed.

x3 Lina x3

SailorHeichou

xClementinexx's Significant Otter

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser Image User Image

x

xxx T h o u g h txx S a wx T h ex Đ e v i lx T h i sx M o r n i n gx L o o k i n gx I nx T h exM i r r o rx

║》Outfit: Casual. ║》Listening to:
Habits Of My Heart - Jaymes Young ║》With: Braith. ║》Mood: Indifferent.

x
x

《║x X N e v e rX M e a n tx T ox M a k ex Y o u xB l e e dx B u tx T h e x B l o o dx O nx M yx H a n d sx S c a r e sx M ex T ox D e a t hx ║》

Lawrenzo quirked a dark brow up at the guards tone and halfhearted acceptance of his offer of a smoke but he eventually shrugged it off. Whatever seemed to be bothering the guard, it was none of his business. Lawrenzo led the way out into the familiar garden from the night before. It wasn't like he was very familiar with anything in the Castle but at least he remembered this. His boots clacked noisily against the cobblestone ground beneath him as they entered the garden, looking far more breathtaking during the day then it did last night bathed in moonlight. He could see all variations of plants and flowers growing as well as a small patch of herbs. That caught his curiosity but he pushed that aside. As a Physician himself, he wondered what the current court physician used the herbs for, though he could only imagine. There were probably herbs and such to make sleeping droughts and elixirs for his majesty the king. That he had no doubt, although using herbs for potions was an old practice, there was no denying that it was still indeed practiced. Even in the capital and even with all the advanced medical treatments they'd developed over the the last 30 years or so.

Lawrenzo came to a stop near that familiar stone pillar wrapped elegantly with curled vines of Ivy. One of his hands reached into the pocket of his slacks to retrieve a couple of his hand-rolled cigarettes. He handed one to the guard before reaching for his lighter. One he was lit up, he held the lighter up to help the guard light his own cancer stick before he snapped the zippo closed with a loud clink! and shoved it back into his pant pocket. He took slow drags from his cigarette, letting the fiery smoke fill his lungs before he exhaled through his nose, feeling the way the smoke burned his nostrils but left behind the pleasant smell of cloves in it's wake. He glanced back up at the guard, a thick silence hanging over them. Dare he try and converse with the guard, despite his social skills not being the very best at all? He eventually relented. "Bad morning?" he questioned simply, for lack of anything better to ask the guard. His social skills were truly awful but at least he was trying.

(OOC: )

renegade mage

《║ ℐ' ℓ ℓx B ex AxB e t t e rx M a nx T o d a y,x ℐ' ℓ ℓx B exG o o d. ║》

xx F o rx A l lx O fx T h eX B r u s i e sX &x T h ex T e a r sx F o rx A l lx O fx T h ex T h i n g sx I ' v ex D o n ex A l lx T h e s ex Y e a r sx
User Image
User Image

XXXXXX GONNA BUILD US A PARADISE, XXXX IF YOU WANNA LIVE THERE YOU'LL HAVE TO DRUG ME

XXXXXXXXXXX■■■■■■■■■

Another garden. Great.

Regardless, Braith takes the cigarette and lights it in silence, taking a long draw. He doesn't cough like last time, but he does hold his breath for a moment, his nose scrunching in displeasure. He'd never really taken to smoking, not like he had to drinking and brawling, and he didn't plan too either- it was far too unpleasant to do on a regular basis.

He tilts his head up to the sky and exhales, breathing out smoke through pursed lips.

"You could say that," Braith answers wryly, turning the cigarette between his fingers before lifting it back to his mouth. "I kinda offended one've the princes. Probably gonna get sacked. Might as well enjoy my last few hours on payroll."

A glance is spared from the corner of his eye, dark irises flickering up and down along Lawrenzo's lanky form. He was even more handsome in daylight, all gold skin and glossy black hair. He looked like something dangerous and exotic, dark tattoos decorating his fingers, smoke curling from his nostrils to waft over sharp features. Braith tears his gaze away, breathes in too deep and sends himself into a coughing fit.

"Sorry, sorry," he wheezes, rubbing his throat with a wince. Damn it. "How can you smoke this s**t? I've smelled better cigars in shitty dives in seedy parts've town."

SailorHeichou

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

x

xP r i m a d o n n ax ℊ i r ℓx A ℓ ℓxx ℯ v ℯ rx W a n t e dx W a sx T h ex W o r ℓ dx

《║W o u l dX Y o uX D oxA n y t h i n gX F o rX M e ?x B u yx Ax B i gx D i a m o n d ℛ i n gx F o rx M e ? ║》

║》Øutfit: Tres Chic. ║》ℒistening To:
Primadonna Girl - Marina & the Diamonds ║》ℳood: Excited. ║》ẘith: Princess Lina yue/ Fraya.

x
x

《║x x ℬ e a u t y x ℚ u e e nX O nx Ax S i l v e r x S c r e e n ,x L i v i n'x ℒ i f ex L i k eX ℐ' mx I nx Ax D r e a mx ║》

The rosette beamed when Fraya came and linked arms with she and the Princess. "Vous êtes très gentil, Mademoiselle Fraya. You are too kind but I will make you look beautiful as well. Croyez-moi. Trust me!" She translated. Fantasy was eager to start working on Lina and Fraya's dresses. She could already see all the colorful fabrics coming together, matched with the perfect shoes and jewelry. She couldn't help the girlish giggle that escaped her without her permission. She simply loved her work that much.

"Tell me, My Lady. What did you have in mind for your gown?" she asked, directing her brilliant gaze toward Princess Lina with a wide grin. The trio of women walked down the winding corridors and twisting hallways, passing by several maids and servants. Nothing brought her more pleasure than discussing clothes and fabrics. "I also took the liberty of bringing some swatches of cloth and different fabrics with me if you need help deciding."

x3 Lina x3

Ninja cafinated_coffee

xxx W a n n ax B ex A d o r e dx G e tX W h a tXX W a n tX C a u s eXx A s kx F o rx I tx

Cold Master

User Image

x

xxx T h o u g h txx S a wx T h ex Đ e v i lx T h i sx M o r n i n gx L o o k i n gx I nx T h exM i r r o rx

Habits Of My Heart - Jaymes Young ║》With: Braith. ║》Mood: Indifferent/ Slightly amused.

x
x

《║x X N e v e rX M e a n tx T ox M a k ex Y o u xB l e e dx B u tx T h e x B l o o dx O nx M yx H a n d sx S c a r e sx M ex T ox D e a t hx ║》

The raven shifted his weight over from one foot to the other as he leaned against the pillar casually. He hummed in response to Braith's. Taking another drag of his cigarette, Lawrenzo held the smoke in his system before he parted his lips and let the smoke cascade from his mouth slowly, letting it curl up toward it nostrils in a thick cloud before he sucked it back in quickly. He paused for a second before he released the smoke normally through slightly parted lips. "Well, that's a sure fire guarantee to ruin anyone's day I suppose." he drawled in a low tone. He didn't claim to be the most tactful when it came to other peoples feelings or feelings in general. He was too blunt to sugar coat anything and figured people deserved to hear what they needed to hear and not necessarily what they wanted to hear. "I'm sure a man of your profession could easily find work in the city. I can name a few establishments off the top of my head." Lawrenzo shrugged and then continued to take slow drags from his cigarette.

The physician looks up when he hears Braith start going into a coughing fit, puffing out small clouds of smoke from his mouth as he wheezes to apologize. Lawrenzo snorts a quiet laugh at Braith's blunt question of how he could smoke these god-awful things in the first place. "You learn to get used to it." he said with another casual shrug of his broad shoulders. He took another drag of his cigarette and started playing with the smoke in different ways. At one point, he parts his lips and forms his mouth into a perfect 'O' shape. He blows out a rather large smoke ring before quickly blowing out a much smaller one to pass through the larger one. Performing tricks with smoke was something he'd mastered in his youth. He repeated the snap inhale he'd used earlier, holding the smoke in his mouth and letting it curl out of his slightly parted lips before he sucked it back in. "Ever heard of the French inhale?" he questioned rhetorically. He took a medium drag and held the smoke in his mouth for a few seconds, pausing for effect before he dropped his lower lip, curling it slightly as the thick cloud of smoke started to rise from his open mouth. He exhaled slightly, pushing some of the smoke out with his tongue so that it slowly pushed from his lips and rose toward his nose. He slowly inhaled the smoke through his nostrils and smirked once he'd finished showing off. "The only thing I have yet to master is how to form animals in the smoke." He joked.

(OOC: queue Lawrenzo being a little s**t.)

renegade mage

xx F o rx A l lx O fx T h eX B r u s i e sX &x T h ex T e a r sx F o rx A l lx O fx T h ex T h i n g sx I ' v ex D o n ex A l lx T h e s ex Y e a r sx
User Image
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXX■■■■■■■■■

"Are you saying mercenary work?" the guard asks dryly, only half joking. Lawrenzo certainly seemed to type to have those sort of connections; the tattoos and piercings made him look exotic and interesting, but hardly reputable. "Don't think I'd be up for that sorta stuff."

They stand together smoking in companionable silence, much more comfortable than the night before. Braith watches with thinly veiled interest, his own cigarette pinched between his thumb and forefinger. He'd never really thought of smoking as an art, but Lawrenzo certainly made it seem like one.

"Not really," he admits with a slight shrug, watching the figures with rapt attentiveness until they dissolved. It was an impressive skill for sure, and idly Braith wonders how dexterous his tongue would have to be to perform such feats. The thought brings a crooked little smile to his lips, hidden as he lifts his hand to suck in another lungful of smoke. "Most've the placed I go, no one's all that interested in smoke tricks. I don't really smoke anyway, never really had a reason to be interested in it."

Desperate times call for desperate circumstances, however. The dull ache in his chest sharpens at the thought of Nathaniel's obvious discomfort with him, and Braith bites down hard on the inside of his mouth to distract himself, exhaling slowly in a cloud of white.

SailorHeichou

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Place:Hallways
Emotions: Embaressed
Lina Yue
☽✩✫✬✭✮✯✰✩✫✬✭✮✯✰ ☾
Moonlight Princess
The moon that crossed the sky then
shone down to say
That the seasons always change
So there's no need to worry

We always shed the same tears
You don't realize what you have
Until it's gone

Lina linked arms with Fraya aas well and smiled but tried not to make eye contact with Tokiya, if so she knew her face would become even redder than its small shade of pink it was now. She then thought to herself, 'Fraya noticed....' She looked up as soon as she linked arms with her She saw the giant smiled on Fraya's face. 'Yup definitely noticed.' She nodded again to him to say goodbye as she couldn’t speak. Cat had her tongue this time, or maybe Pyry had it. She left the room with the two ladies.

As soon as they left a great weight lifted off her chest. She felt a lot better now. She looked at Fraya and could tell that she noticed. She cursed herself in the back of her mind. The blush left her cheeks when Fantasy asked her about the dress she was thinking on. “What I had in mind was kind of a short dress, similar to the one I have on but with this new one it has an extension off the side and curves around the back and drapes down to about mid-calf.” She thought a little bit more. “Definitely want an easy flowing dress. Not a fabric that is really clunky and restrictive.” She looked between both Fraya and Fantasy. “Would it be possible to use silk or a type of satin?” She smiled at Fraya when she said that she loved Fantasy’s work. “I agree Fantasy the dresses you make are amazing. I think Fraya would look stunning in one of your dresses. I know you will make wonders.” She smiled at Fantasy too and gave her a thumbs up.

((Out Of Cookies: Sorry couldn’t help myself on that one haha XD Here is the dress she is referring too, At least the one I really hoped to use XD ))

If I could have just one wish
I would say "Goodbye" to who I was yesterday
If my feelings don't change
I'll see you someday, beneath the cherry trees

Rest the Sadness

Ninja cafinated_coffee

SailorHeichou

Cold Master

User Image

x

Dark Star - Jaymes Young ║》With: Braith. ║》Mood: Indifferent/ Slightly amused.

x
x

The physician squared his shoulders, looking more like a halfhearted shrug as he slumped against the stone pillar, crossing one ankle over the other on a nonchalant pose. He was sure that he was probably not acting very 'noble' in the least but living up to social standards has never really been his forte. "That's too bad. I hear Mercenaries make quite the good sum of money these days." he said impassively as he puffed the last of his cigarette. He was sure his clothes now smelled of smoke and cloves but he was alright with that.

Lawrenzo dropped the butt and snuffed it out with the toe of his boot, much like he had done the night before. He contemplated lighting another cigarette but decided against it for the meantime. He'd much rather save it for another time. He readjusted the sleeves of his sweater that had slightly rolled down, pushing them back up his inked forearms before crossing them over his chest and staring at the large guard who continued to smoke his own cigarette despite his own words of not being much of a smoker. He studied the guard from head to toe, letting his golden eyes rake over his form unashamed. Braith was a little rough around the edges, there was no denying that but he had a certain charm to him that didn't bother the physician as much as talking to someone else would have. Perhaps it was also the lack of formalities needed when talking to the guard, he wasn't a noble and he wasn't royal so Lawrenzo found himself slipping back into his old laid-back demeanor instead of the solemn, stern attitude he carried normally these days. He could tell that Braith was still bothered by something, whatever it was. It was obvious the guard hadn't told him the full truth of his situation but that was none of his business. It didn't stop him from commenting on it anyway. "You look like you're constipated." he joked dryly. "Something's still bothering you but I'm not one to pry."

He decided to change the subject to something a little less awkward. "So, I'm going to assume you're pretty good at holding your ale if smoking isn't really your thing." there was a quirk of his lips as he drawled out the last word.

renegade mage

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

x

xP r i m a d o n n ax ℊ i r ℓx A ℓ ℓxx ℯ v ℯ rx W a n t e dx W a sx T h ex W o r ℓ dx

《║W o u l dX Y o uX D oxA n y t h i n gX F o rX M e ?x B u yx Ax B i gx D i a m o n d ℛ i n gx F o rx M e ? ║》

║》Øutfit: Tres Chic. ║》ℒistening To:
Primadonna Girl - Marina & the Diamonds ║》ℳood: Excited. ║》ẘith: Princess Lina yue/ Fraya.

x
x

《║x x ℬ e a u t y x ℚ u e e nX O nx Ax S i l v e r x S c r e e n ,x L i v i n'x ℒ i f ex L i k eX ℐ' mx I nx Ax D r e a mx ║》

Fantasy made sure to listen intently to the Princess as she listed what kind of features the dress in her mind consisted of. She nodded her head eagerly upon hearing all the details but waited patiently to give her professional opinion until the princess was finished. "My Lady, you come to the right seamstress. Silk and satin dresses are my forte. As well as Lace and crochet." she motioned toward her own dress, a simple but bold piece. While she was indeed all for women empowering themselves by wearing whatever they liked, scandalous or not, she still firmly believed that classy was the way to go. But, that certainly didn't mean she couldn't tease with her outfits anyway. Bold but Classy, that was her motto.

"I can show you some lovely silk and satin materials I've brought along with me and you can choose the colors and fabrics yourself." she beamed, all perfectly white teeth and all. Her bright gaze then drifted to Fraya, the younger of the trio and Fantasy lit up, her mind overflowing with ideas. "and what about you, Mademoiselle Fraya? Did you perhaps have anything in mind for your gown?" if she didn't, Fantasy had dozens of dress designs for the girl to gather inspiration from. She was simply giddy with excitement to start making the dresses, but first; measurements.

x3 Lina x3

Ninja cafinated_coffee

xxx W a n n ax B ex A d o r e dx G e tX W h a tXX W a n tX C a u s eXx A s kx F o rx I tx
User Image
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXX■■■■■■■■■

Braith watches Lawrenzo watch him, the unabashed brazenness of the action prompting a smirk to curl the corners of of his lips. The cigarette pinched between his fingers was burning down quick, but he wasn't ready to let it go and relinquish the outlet quite yet. The other man was shorter than him, as most people were, but he had an almost predatory presence around him that made him seem much larger; he reminded Braith of some sort of big cat, lazy and dangerous, with moods as fickle as the weather.

"If I was constipated, you'd know," the guard answers blithely, finally dropping the smoking filter that remained of the cigarette. Ah, well- it was nice while it lasted. "And I s'pose. I like to think so, at least. It's not a night if I don't walk away with blood on my face, and I've gotta be pretty far gone to get to that."

He flashes a gap-toothed smile, as if to prove his point.

Braith eyes the swirling designs tattooed across Lawrenzo's forearms with something akin to appreciation, dark gaze flickering up to glance over the other man's face, his brows raised. Lawrenzo was sophisticated, in a sleek, almost sleazy sort of way, beautiful in the way that most dangerous things were. He definitely didn't strike Braith as the sort that would hail from noble blood.

"Though, I don't think you're a stranger to that sort've thing, are you?" he says knowingly, nodding vaguely to the ink that crawls across dark skin. "You don't get those from livin' in a castle your whole life."

SailorHeichou

Devoted Rogue

User Image
Fraya
Assassin
Voice

Fraya listened to the two women go back and forth with dress material, styles and what have you. Fantasy lit up more and more. When she looked at Fraya she look at the ground. "I . . . um . . . I have never worn a dress . . . it confines movement." She stated rubbing the back of her neck. "I don't know styles, what is acceptable or not and honestly I've never wore any fine materials. Well. . .unless you count last night. I wore a silk nightgown." She stated thinking a bit more on the subject. "Oh yea and what ever Nathaniel's coats are made out of, I find myself in them more and more." She said not really understanding why. "Speaking of Nathaniel, I have his coat. Which reminds me I should find him after you have everything you need, so I can return it to him." She stated a bit absentmindedly.

"Oh but, I would love for you to make me something you think would look best, you can design it however you wish. Use what ever it is you'd like. I trust your judgement." She said knowing that Fantasy would have a field day with this. No restrictions, limitations or complaints, whatever Fantasy thought was best Fraya knew to be true. She felt lucky just to get a chance to have Fantasy make her something. "Do you think you guys could help me pick out a mask for it? I've only ever been to a ball as well . . . me working so I haven't the slightest clue on anything." She said feeling like this was going to make her look a fool. This made her want to run away all the more.

The more she thought about the ball the more anxiety she got. She never danced before, or wore a dress, let alone heels she seen both princesses wearing. Her shoes were always flat and silent. Her clothes colorless, simple, light and covering what needed to be covered. "You know, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't go. I would probably only make a fool of myself." She said stopping abruptly.

x3 Lina x3

SailorHeichou

Cold Master

User Image

x

Dark Star - Jaymes Young ║》With: Braith. ║》Mood: Cautious/ Slightly irritated.

x
x

Lawrenzo snorts out a short laugh through his nose, quiet and mostly air. Braith flashes a smile his way and the doctor can't help but crack something a crooked smile himself. "Sounds like you'd know how to show someone a rather exciting time." the physician answers sarcastically but with no lack of amusement in his tone. He didn't have a doubt in his mind that the guard could probably drink him under the table. Lawrenzo wasn't much of a drinker as much as he was a smoker, although he did enjoy the occasional scotch or whiskey if he was really having a shitty day. Otherwise, he preferred to keep his wits about him than get trashed if he could help it.

Any traces of amusement is wiped from his features almost immediately when Braith brings up the subject of his tattoos. He mentally sighed to himself. It was an inevitable question, he knew he couldn't avoid it. Sometimes he forgot he even had them, if he was being honest. This was one of those occasions. His past was still a tender subject, however. "You might be correct in assuming that," he shrugged. He was determined to keep his answers as vague as possible. He didn't meet Braith's gaze, choosing to pretend to be interested in the scenery instead. "As to how I got them, well, that's for me to know how and why." there was almost a certain defensive tone thinly veiled by his jaded voice.

(OOC: emotion_dowant I smell drama brewing. )

renegade mage

User Image
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXX■■■■■■■■■

He just hums in reply, turning his gaze to peer speculatively up at the sky. He knew when to leave well enough alone, and Lawrenzo was bristling up like a cornered cat- never a good sign, that. They're a sore spot, then.

Braith files the potentially useful information away for later.

"Looks like it's gonna rain, soon," he says inelegantly, pointing up at the dark clouds looming in the northwest. The morning had dawned bright and cheerful, but there had been a briskness to the breeze that spoke of an impending storm, so he shouldn't have been surprised. It'd be hell to trudge through, either way. "D'you think you'd melt, doc?"

It's a jest, if not a bit mean-spirited, but Lawrenzo struck him as the sort to take such teasing in good humor. Maybe even reply in kind, if he was lucky. Either way, all he needed was a change in subject, steering carefully away from dangerous topics, and insults were a sure-fire way to do so.

With a grin, he admits, "I probably would."

OOC;; jack and i were talking about shitty gay love triangles hows that for drama

SailorHeichou

Cold Master

User Image

x

Dark Star - Jaymes Young ║》With: Braith. ║》Mood: mildly amused.

x
x

Lawrenzo followed Braith's gloved finger as he points up at the graying skies. The smell of oncoming rain lingered in the rather humid air and the physician hummed a noncommittal noise in the back of his throat in response to the guard's passing comment on the weather. He appreciated the subject change, at least. Upon's Braith's question of whether or not he'd melt if he got wet by the rain, the doctor only barely contained a short huff of laughter that bubbled up out of his chest in a rush of air. A coquettish smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, threatening to show itself but Lawrenzo resisted with nothing more than a soft snort toward the guard in response. "Very funny." he says in a creaky tone.

Pushing off from the pillar, Lawrenzo shoved his hands into his pant pockets and starts striding past the guard. Long legs and all lanky posture, practically slinking by. "Well, it's been a pleasure, Mister Braith. But I wouldn't want to keep you from your 'duties' for much longer." he stopped a few steps short after passing the guard by, turning to look back over his shoulder with a raised brow. "Don't hesitate to seek me out if you ever want to smoke my shitty cigarettes again." he raised his right hand in a lazy attempt at a wave of sorts before he continued on his way, taking long, meaningful steps away from the Garden.

renegade mage

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff