Welcome to the Thread

*enters* 1 100.0% [ 50 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30 >

Devoted Lunatic

User Image
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
User Image
          Yes, it really makes me happy. Ellie is the one I love above all else. Just five minutes after meeting her she went with it and even.... crying she even googled a subway sandwich with tuna and lettuce and tomatoes and got one of chocolate chip cookies. It was too perfect. I instantly befriended her.

Yep. I find it laughable that people do that. I recently hide mine, but only because everyone else was doing it xD For me it wasn't a matter of creating avatars, but a matter of me window shopping in the marketplace sweatdrop I'm kinda newish to tektek you might say, maybe the end of 2012? But, I've always ran through the marketplace. Never could afford anything, but when you stick in there, you learn alot of things. I'm not saying I recognize everything, but most items that are sexy, cute, black, white, red, purple, arm/leg mods, eyes or hairs, I notice most of them as those are what I'd usually wear.

Yeah, I can't think of anything else, other than to rid yourself of hera's lace and try a leg mod and a skirt, but then that would ruin the whole effect.

Subway!!!!!! *pounces on sandwich and answers with a full mouth* I can understand why you befriended her ^_^ *swallows bite* It's rare to find someone who catches on from the start ^_^

I started hiding mine when it became clear that some started to use some of my combo's while declaring it was their idea. And that isn't actually the problem, it does become a problem when they start to address me as the one who 'nagged' the idea. Equipped list is still very much view-able on my profile page though, they often don't bother with going there sooooo ^_^
I use Customize Avatar quite a lot these days (read: since Tektek was a royal pain in the b** to work with). I actually prefer Customize Avatar because it's really up to date and you can see the animations.
And yep: having an extensive inventory and/or wishlist also helps out with recognizing items, specially those off your taste ^_^

Hera's Lace is going to stay, it's the perfect dress for that sexy/sassy and yet classy feel ^_^ Though there are other dresses that could give the same sexy/classy/sassy feel, they have the same problem: no gold.

P.S. Have I mentioned that you have a very cute avatar yet?

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Sineaed
User Image
Subway!!!!!! *pounces on sandwich and answers with a full mouth* I can understand why you befriended her ^_^ *swallows bite* It's rare to find someone who catches on from the start ^_^

I started hiding mine when it became clear that some started to use some of my combo's while declaring it was their idea. And that isn't actually the problem, it does become a problem when they start to address me as the one who 'nagged' the idea. Equipped list is still very much view-able on my profile page though, they often don't bother with going there sooooo ^_^
I use Customize Avatar quite a lot these days (read: since Tektek was a royal pain in the b** to work with). I actually prefer Customize Avatar because it's really up to date and you can see the animations.
And yep: having an extensive inventory and/or wishlist also helps out with recognizing items, specially those off your taste ^_^

Hera's Lace is going to stay, it's the perfect dress for that sexy/sassy and yet classy feel ^_^ Though there are other dresses that could give the same sexy/classy/sassy feel, they have the same problem: no gold.

User Image
          The rarest. She's adorable. But, I haven't seen her in a while. I'll go comment on her profile to check up on her.

Yeah, I keep mine on my profile if anyone dares to go there. But, most don't. I am very into the customerize avatar thing now. But what I do is start it on tektek, then check to see if it layers out. My problem is that the things that can be searched on tektek can't be searched on the dress up. I just like how organized tektek is. It's wonky now what with the inflation the recent crash, its cool. The thing that killed me was I tekteked a gorgeous avatar the other day for someone but since I owned all the items except the scarf I just went and got then put it on...the nitemare scarf and chimes dress will not equipped together and my heart crumbled.

Oh yes, Hera's Lace needs to say. As I said taking that away would ruin the whole effect. Um...I can't think of any. I would have to search for one then, try to find a way to add gold. It's really difficult to find things for the lower halves of avatars. I can perfect the tops but I always feel that the bottom is lagging.

OMS, this one? The purple one? Dawh, thank you! 4laugh heart I just changed because I wanted purple, but I'll probably change back to my gold/black. That gold/black one isnt my usual avatar, but I really like it. Oh, and remember the avatar I was talking about earlier? This is it:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Devoted Lunatic

User Image
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Sineaed
User Image

User Image
          The rarest. She's adorable. But, I haven't seen her in a while. I'll go comment on her profile to check up on her.

Yeah, I keep mine on my profile if anyone dares to go there. But, most don't. I am very into the customerize avatar thing now. But what I do is start it on tektek, then check to see if it layers out. My problem is that the things that can be searched on tektek can't be searched on the dress up. I just like how organized tektek is. It's wonky now what with the inflation the recent crash, its cool. The thing that killed me was I tekteked a gorgeous avatar the other day for someone but since I owned all the items except the scarf I just went and got then put it on...the nitemare scarf and chimes dress will not equipped together and my heart crumbled.

Oh yes, Hera's Lace needs to say. As I said taking that away would ruin the whole effect. Um...I can't think of any. I would have to search for one then, try to find a way to add gold. It's really difficult to find things for the lower halves of avatars. I can perfect the tops but I always feel that the bottom is lagging.

OMS, this one? The purple one? Dawh, thank you! 4laugh heart I just changed because I wanted purple, but I'll probably change back to my gold/black. That gold/black one isnt my usual avatar, but I really like it. Oh, and remember the avatar I was talking about earlier? This is it:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You'd do good by checking up on her then. She'd appreciator it I think ^_^

Can you name one thing that can;t be searched in dress-up? Am curious now because I've never had that problem xD
Oi, that a pretty hefty blow, specially considering the prices of said items!

Going to be really tough. Took me ages to find the perfect item for around the feet for a red and a black/white avatar, let along how long it will take to find something gold. *not going to bother*

Yeah, the one you're currently sporting! Like it better than the one in the link to be honest, the wings are a finishing touch that add that little bit of quirkiness.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Sineaed
User Image
You'd do good by checking up on her then. She'd appreciator it I think ^_^

Can you name one thing that can;t be searched in dress-up? Am curious now because I've never had that problem xD
Oi, that a pretty hefty blow, specially considering the prices of said items!

Going to be really tough. Took me ages to find the perfect item for around the feet for a red and a black/white avatar, let along how long it will take to find something gold. *not going to bother*

Yeah, the one you're currently sporting! Like it better than the one in the link to be honest, the wings are a finishing touch that add that little bit of quirkiness.

User Image
          Off the top of my head? Never. I'd have to remember what it was I was trying to make that didn't show up. But, price wise, let's face it, I can't afford it anyways. Even the stuff I was trying to get like hidden ace and treat or treat tote, they were coming up as 1-2mil. I couldn't even get it at the time and then someone told me its lowest buy was near 100mil. Oh, thanks. Thanks for ruining any hopes over ever getting it emo

Yep. I'm not going to try it either. Way too much work and I'm either going to get offline and sleep again or watch Supernatural, probably gonna watch Supernatural because I have nothing to do with my life crying but, it might be a fun little project.

Dawh, thank you. I think the divine deity wings work perfectly for this current. I only wish that scarf would work for the other one. It's too beautiful to me. I'd always wanted one of the scarfs that covered half the face and my first one was the lilac angelic scarf recolor, which DOES layer with that tektek, but its not the same. There's something seriously awesome about that nitemare scarf...

Dangerous Dabbler

rate me? c:

Devoted Lunatic

User Image
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
User Image
          Off the top of my head? Never. I'd have to remember what it was I was trying to make that didn't show up. But, price wise, let's face it, I can't afford it anyways. Even the stuff I was trying to get like hidden ace and treat or treat tote, they were coming up as 1-2mil. I couldn't even get it at the time and then someone told me its lowest buy was near 100mil. Oh, thanks. Thanks for ruining any hopes over ever getting it emo

Yep. I'm not going to try it either. Way too much work and I'm either going to get offline and sleep again or watch Supernatural, probably gonna watch Supernatural because I have nothing to do with my life crying but, it might be a fun little project.

Dawh, thank you. I think the divine deity wings work perfectly for this current. I only wish that scarf would work for the other one. It's too beautiful to me. I'd always wanted one of the scarfs that covered half the face and my first one was the lilac angelic scarf recolor, which DOES layer with that tektek, but its not the same. There's something seriously awesome about that nitemare scarf...

Pitty, am pretty curious now xD
And yeah, this inflation is a royal biatch and I, for the love of, can;t figure Gaia out. On one side they have this gold sink (with items that you can buy at the MP for far less than the amount you need to donate in order to get it) and on the other we're gifted another gold-generator. Now, if there is some common sense in there and you spot it, kindly explain it to me because I'm at a loss....
The only thing I consider myself lucky with is that I have loads of items from quite a few years back, items that I don't use anymore for what ever reason. They sell for nice amounts now. And yeah, I'm glad I've got a job so that I can buy GC for that one re-color or that one MC etc.

How about falling asleep while watching Supernatural? Have fun hun wink

They are! *laughs* Well, maybe Gaia pops-up with that one item that goes perfect with that scarf (or maybe you stumble into it)? I'll be hoping for you wink

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
rainaria
rate me? c:

User Image
          I sure can.

Immediately, I see several things. the first of which is a possible musical based theme. First thing that came to mind was Zelda playing her harp. Dunno why, just happened. The next is your color scheme, which I must say has taken several turns. The last is your astra eyes and your dust. I feel that theme wise (if I'm right of course) you're doing pretty well, although I might suggest the enchanted strings or the musical astra. In regards to your color, I must say you tried to be consistent, but I don't feel like it was working. The moon, the headband, and the eyes you tried to stay consistent with that red, but the headband is actually more magenta than red, I suggest you try a different one, maybe wendy's care? Or Kanoko's nightmares. I think the dress is lovely, as it flows, but if you're going to have a red headband then you should have a red dress. I don't feel that the trickster's legs work here, neither the color nor the stance. I might suggest a rounder type of leg...um, maybe drew drop? Something that makes her appear floating? Or at least takes that harsh angle of the trickster legs away. Usually, the one wing would be a problem, but I think it works, despite the fact that it disappears with the moon. I feel that that daughter of the snows headpiece needs to go because I don't feel it serves a purpose. If you want something pink, you can stop the red headbands all together and go with the mystix dance one. (Although personally, I just use the mystix dance legs with the solair dress). Overall, I think this avatar could use work, but i think its nice. 5.5/10

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Sineaed
User Image
Pitty, am pretty curious now xD
And yeah, this inflation is a royal biatch and I, for the love of, can;t figure Gaia out. On one side they have this gold sink (with items that you can buy at the MP for far less than the amount you need to donate in order to get it) and on the other we're gifted another gold-generator. Now, if there is some common sense in there and you spot it, kindly explain it to me because I'm at a loss....
The only thing I consider myself lucky with is that I have loads of items from quite a few years back, items that I don't use anymore for what ever reason. They sell for nice amounts now. And yeah, I'm glad I've got a job so that I can buy GC for that one re-color or that one MC etc.

How about falling asleep while watching Supernatural? Have fun hun wink

They are! *laughs* Well, maybe Gaia pops-up with that one item that goes perfect with that scarf (or maybe you stumble into it)? I'll be hoping for you wink

User Image
          Dawh, I'll probably find it eventually.

lol, darling, there is no common sense in Gaia's handbook. They're trying to appease the users who are complaining about the marketplace by giving them this gate, but then they have to do what they want and please the cashgivers by making these gold gens. They think we're really stupid because we hang out on Gaia all the time.

I'm not lucky at all because I can't sell items (I have the darnest luck with it) and I don't have the money to spend on gc...and if I did it would go to sandwich. Everything goes to sandwich.

You are a genius. That logic is so logical it hurts! emotion_donotwant

That's a lovely thought, but even if Gaia heard my internal pleas, I still wouldn't be able to afford it. sweatdrop

Devoted Lunatic

User Image
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
User Image
          Dawh, I'll probably find it eventually.

lol, darling, there is no common sense in Gaia's handbook. They're trying to appease the users who are complaining about the marketplace by giving them this gate, but then they have to do what they want and please the cashgivers by making these gold gens. They think we're really stupid because we hang out on Gaia all the time.

I'm not lucky at all because I can't sell items (I have the darnest luck with it) and I don't have the money to spend on gc...and if I did it would go to sandwich. Everything goes to sandwich.

You are a genius. That logic is so logical it hurts! emotion_donotwant

That's a lovely thought, but even if Gaia heard my internal pleas, I still wouldn't be able to afford it. sweatdrop

So that's why I couldn't find it! Have been flipping trough that handbook back and forth for the unth-time now and still can't find any common sense. *throws handbook in the fire* No need for that then ^_^ That's pretty much like chopping a car in half because the car-driver wants the luxury and comfort while the biker wants the freedom and maneuverability. And where does a two wheeled car get you? Nowhere.

Subwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Friday is my personal sandwich day xD

*snorts* You know what they say about how close insanity and genius are, don't you? And seeing that my picture is in the encyclopedia to explain the meaning of insanity... -

And that's what friends are for xD

Smitten Hoarder

17,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Love Machine 150
rate me? :}D
i promise i wont cry ahaha

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Nyebe

User Image
          You'd better not emotion_donotwant Why, certainly.

Okay, first thing I see is that hair (and I must keep this side of me down, but I can't help that I love it) next is the color scheme. You have done a marvelous job and let me tell you why: the hair from any of the checkmates, especially the original, are the most difficult hairs to use. They're way too huge and really the way they flow is kinda off. They're lovely, but still. I think that checkmate void is probably the most useful as its completely white, and I feel that if you agape them, they're perfect. But, I think this one is working well as it has that beige and white combo of colors which you've added to the outfit. That gown is truly stunning and I the underskirts are perfect, the issue seems to be the lack of shoes/leg mod which begs the question...is she a ghost? emotion_jawdrop It doesn't affect you so much as it does kinda change the thing from royal to perhaps a supernatural royal, which I feel works with the face. Do my eyes deceive me? Or do I spy the use of coocooon? Very, very nice. Adding that sly dog in there, which should'nt match at all, but because you've used these other items, I think its perfect. The last issues are the face and the oberon crown. Very clever to use a gold shop item (I am proud) but it blends too much, I would suggest the Midnight one, but I'm not sure how it will look. It might be too harsh against the beige, just like the eyes of the face are a bit too harsh there. They're kinda cooled by the yellow, but I really would suggest a different one (the mouth is fine). What I think you really need to do, is bring out your character. Try adding a different crown, one that doesn't appear to be apart of the hair and perhaps add a background. I think this good, but I feel it can be better 7/10

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Sineaed
User Image
So that's why I couldn't find it! Have been flipping trough that handbook back and forth for the unth-time now and still can't find any common sense. *throws handbook in the fire* No need for that then ^_^ That's pretty much like chopping a car in half because the car-driver wants the luxury and comfort while the biker wants the freedom and maneuverability. And where does a two wheeled car get you? Nowhere.

Subwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Friday is my personal sandwich day xD

*snorts* You know what they say about how close insanity and genius are, don't you? And seeing that my picture is in the encyclopedia to explain the meaning of insanity... -

And that's what friends are for xD

User Image
          I think its truly adorable how you thought there was common sense, or logic, in that handbook of theirs. Totes adorbes. lol.

It was my sandwich day first! emotion_donotwant Get your own. scream lol, I kid. I think Friday should be international sandwich day. 3nodding

Yeah, I hear its pretty close. Actually now that you say the meaning of insanity. There was this kid in my voice and diction class (we had to take a speech from anywhere and do in class) this weirdo chose this video game in which a character gave you (the video gamer) the definition of insanity...which I've come to learn is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results. And because of him I can't keep that saying out of my head. I literally screamed when that same quote was used on the Originals by Elijah. Couldn't handle it.

Friends are for making gaia hear my internal pleas? lol

Dangerous Dabbler

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
rate me again? i love reading your rates. *u*
oh oh, and thanks for the previous rate! c:
i really like the mystix item you mentioned though. it really does mix well with solair. c:

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
rainaria
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
rate me again? i love reading your rates. *u*
oh oh, and thanks for the previous rate! c:

User Image
          Glad to hear that. And thanks for coming back. emotion_awesome But, let's see.

Color scheme is the first thing we see here, and I think you were doing well. The sandman dreams are about the same shade as the head of night, but the sleeves throw me way off. Not only are they not the same blue, but that's white and a really light blue smack near the center of your avatar, very distracting. I think the capsule is completely unnecessary and it does serve as a distraction because its so far from the avatar itself. I think you've done a great job with less used checkmate mask, and it's colors are about right and I feel that they eyes are sinister in a good way. A think the gimpi star background is pretty cool, although I would suggest a nighttime background. Not saying that your choice is bad, I jsut feel it would be better to have a nighttime background. Maybe the starry night astra would work here. Overall, I think its pretty lovely, the clutter suits it fine, and your colors are pretty good. I'd say a solid 7/10 Your theme seems to either be a color theme or an non existent one as I seriously can't tell (which is weird for me) but I think it works heart

EDIT: I just saw that you edited your post. Yes, it does. I discovered that a while ago although I'm sure its not just me. It's like a match pair:

User Image

Smitten Hoarder

17,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Love Machine 150
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Nyebe

User Image
          You'd better not emotion_donotwant Why, certainly.

Okay, first thing I see is that hair (and I must keep this side of me down, but I can't help that I love it) next is the color scheme. You have done a marvelous job and let me tell you why: the hair from any of the checkmates, especially the original, are the most difficult hairs to use. They're way too huge and really the way they flow is kinda off. They're lovely, but still. I think that checkmate void is probably the most useful as its completely white, and I feel that if you agape them, they're perfect. But, I think this one is working well as it has that beige and white combo of colors which you've added to the outfit. That gown is truly stunning and I the underskirts are perfect, the issue seems to be the lack of shoes/leg mod which begs the question...is she a ghost? emotion_jawdrop It doesn't affect you so much as it does kinda change the thing from royal to perhaps a supernatural royal, which I feel works with the face. Do my eyes deceive me? Or do I spy the use of coocooon? Very, very nice. Adding that sly dog in there, which should'nt match at all, but because you've used these other items, I think its perfect. The last issues are the face and the oberon crown. Very clever to use a gold shop item (I am proud) but it blends too much, I would suggest the Midnight one, but I'm not sure how it will look. It might be too harsh against the beige, just like the eyes of the face are a bit too harsh there. They're kinda cooled by the yellow, but I really would suggest a different one (the mouth is fine). What I think you really need to do, is bring out your character. Try adding a different crown, one that doesn't appear to be apart of the hair and perhaps add a background. I think this good, but I feel it can be better 7/10

yes that's a coocoon! haha thanks so much! <333
you weren't kidding when you said detailed wow, that was very entertaining to read n.n
she does have shoes, but they're white and gold and merge too much with the skirt XD (tbh i had forgotten i had given her the picolitrosso shoes, i had to go back and check xDD)
is there any leg mod you could recommend me? <333

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces