Welcome to Gaia! ::

So the real Olympics is finally under way, and I must say that the opening ceremony was less than spectacular, or maybe the last Olympics set the bar just a little too high. How many of you remember the last Olympics ceremony?

On the Gaia side, looks like Barton and Aekea are neck to neck. How are you liking the Gaia Olympic games?

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

We're missing a couple of our usual responders today (darn those scheduled vacations), so we're going to be a little shorthanded. Have no fear though - we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible in the hour or so we have together.

To help, here are some answers/updates to some very common questions:

You guys working on an Android app yet?
Yes! We have finally started building one. I have no idea how long it'll take to make, but we're officially working on it.

What's the latest on zOMG?
I can't promise anything (cue all regulars taking a drink of their preferred beverage), but we're officially exploring ways to get the servers recycled automatically. I don't want people to get too excited b/c we might not be able to, but we're at least officially putting effort into it.

When's the next manga update coming out?
Incredibly soon (maybe tomorrow). In the meantime, I'll see if I can post a very quick snippet/preview/something.

Also, here are a couple of tips to increase the odds we'll respond to your question:

Be specific in your question. "Why does X suck?" doesn't really give us much to answer or help us make it better.
-Be brief. I can tend to ramble myself, but when we're looking through hundreds of questions in an hour, it's very easy to skip those that are two paragraphs asking 5 different questions.
-Don't focus on a bug you found. It's totally fine to tell us about one if you want, but we're too busy answering questions to look into them during ATA. It's much more effective to use the Bug Reports and Technical Support forum.
-We don't typically talk specifically about upcoming item releases, or whether we'll eventually make a certain item smile
-Don't ask something that's already been asked/addressed multiple times.
-And finally, please don't keep re-posting your question over and over. I get that everyone wants their question answered, but seeing the same one repeatedly is tiresome for both us and other attendees, making us less likely to answer.

Dapper Dabbler

And here is a little teaser from the manga, just so you know we're actually working on it smile

User Image

Green Gaian

I asked Lanzer about a facial hair shop over a year ago and this was his response:

Lanzer
Maggot
Any chance that there will ever be a shop for facial hair? Maybe an extension to the Salon?

Yes we have a lot of designs and we wanted to have a facial hair shop. There are some hiccup and we need to make some major changes to the avatar system to properly support facial hair the way we wanted it to work, though in the near future there might be some facial hair items available.

Great talking to all of you today. I'll see you all next week!

Us men (and some women) have been waiting for a facial hair shop for years... When are we gonna get one? gonk
Some of us users that have been hoarding away our wing stickers in hopes there might be some big ticket items down the line. Is there any chance you plan to release some items that might cost 100+ tickets in the future? It could be a another opportunity to say release old event skins like the overseer or grombie skins that users have been lusting for. Since the tickets are soulbound it makes the saving process special and could be a great way to reward loyal, active members who show up for all the events.

Another option would be perhaps having alternative pathways on say the backwing formulas that use massive amounts of wing stickers over alchemy components. It could create another way for users to quest the wings that would take time yet wouldn’t require tons of gold.

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Something i must ask, the the alchemy case formula items be reduced a bit, it takes 4x the flower/bug/trash then the cache when at the beginning both formulas took the same amount of golden boxes, not asking for the same jut a reduces in the amount a bit.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            Didn't have my post premade, so here's a few questions from off the top of my head. sweatdrop

1.) Narumi, will you pretty please remove the bomber sticky in the Q&A forum? emotion_kirakira

2.) I seriously doubt Durem is doing a shitty job in the Olympics.
            Why does the score say otherwise? confused
            And will Durem still get an awesome trophy for levels of awesomeness?

3.) I'm so excited for Towns 2.0 to come out! Hurry up you guys! 4laugh

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Krissim Klaw
Some of us users that have been hoarding away our wing stickers in hopes there might be some big ticket items down the line. Is there any chance you plan to release some items that might cost 100+ tickets in the future? It could be a another opportunity to say release old event skins like the overseer or grombie skins that users have been lusting for. Since the tickets are soulbound it makes the saving process special and could be a great way to reward loyal, active members who show up for all the events.

Another option would be perhaps having alternative pathways on say the backwing formulas that use massive amounts of wing stickers over alchemy components. It could create another way for users to quest the wings that would take time yet wouldn’t require tons of gold.
I would love a one day sell of the wing formulas for 100 wind stickers. [I know this will mostlikely never happen thou. Q.Q]

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
- zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: What’s the word? Did you get around to re-fixing those glitches that you said were fixed, but are still broken?

- The New Cash Offers Page: Not really liking the new offers. Some days, I either get a few videos or no videos at all. I preferred the old cash offers page. The old one provided more videos, which gave me more gaia cash. Can something be done about this?

- The Angelic/Demonic Alchemy Achievement: With all the angelic and nitemare/demonic items on this site, why only link this achievement with the back-wings quest? Considering how difficult this particular quest is, I feel like that was a jerk move.

- The Use of Cash Shop Items in Alchemy: Here’s what another user suggested when it comes to alchemizing cash shop items.

Quote:
Maybe to make cash shop items instead of using up the already limited supply of EIs and such they should change the formulas to use special ingredients in constant supply from the cash shop, or sold only for GC from the Bifrost? That would keep GC Alchemy items from being free, and not take away from the dwindling supply of older CS items before they vanish from the site.

I think this is a good and fair idea. You’ll be making money and alchemy will be less of a headache to do. The original post can be found here.

Fluffy Otaku

biglanky14
And here is a little teaser from the manga, just so you know we're actually working on it smile

User Image

Spoilers!!! Thank you so much!

i was just about to ask something related to manga...

such as: why the storyline wasn't linked to this year's Rejected Olympics...?

or rather, maybe why a side story was not made for it?

But just the same, thank you and i hope to see a conclusion manga or mini-comic for this year's Rejected Olympics

Dapper Dabbler

Krissim Klaw

Hi Krissim,

Since we're early, I thought of you this weekend. I was on a very short family trip, and we passed a nursery that had a giant mantis on the top of their building. I immediately thought "That's freaky but Krissim would like it."

Interesting idea - we'll file that one away. In general I'd say that adding some big-ticket items there could be cool, and we'd just have to figure out what exactly we want to offer.

Angelic Nitemare

Hola Gaia Staff!

It's been kind of a busy day here. I won't go into details, but suffice to say, work today was less than fun.

Anyway, on to questions.

1.) What is he possibility of an 'adults only forum? Not to do naughty things, but there are some subject that I am not up for discussing with kids (could be a number of things. Parenting issues, job issues, marital questions).

Maybe something like the Heaven forum, but age specific. Still bound by the rules on Gaia, but where more 'adult' subject matter can be discussed?

2.) As a show of support for a couple of fellow GCDers...can we have more snakes, mantisii....and possibly those white dander ears? Pleeeeease? emotion_kirakira

3.) The video options for cash earning is nifty. But why doesn't the social one (pink logo) work? I can click it for days, and nuffin. Also, can someone tell the guys at the last one, v11? Banner ads to sign up for crappy games are NOT videos?

Thanks for your time!
-R

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Hello! :3

Thank you for the Rejected Olympics, it really has been a lot of fun. I am a little QQ about Durem being last, but there is always next time! emotion_awesome

3nodding I will take this slow opening to AtA to just thank the Developers, Admin, and Gaia Staff for their efforts! I know we don't always make it easy for you, sweatdrop but I imagine it is because we all love being on Gaia so much... And just want to continue to enjoy the site for a long, long time.

Thank you again!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Oh, hai.

Lurking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash