• Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
siskataya
scullylam
siskataya
*lurking too* Just letting you know I'm following along! biggrin

hi sisky! biggrin want some popcorn?

Hiya scully - sure, popcorn sounds great! Hope you are doing well by the way biggrin *munches on popcorn8

biggrin thanks! i been knitting a scarf but have some plushies i need to start on this week. and how you doin'?

Celebrating Gaian

SS2-SITH LORD
Good Evening Admin. Please! Answer any or All questions!

I have three questions, and an ongoing issue to make you aware of if you're not already.

1. Was there ever a winner in the Fortune Cookie contest? I don't remember seeing a winner announced.

2. Is Soul Crash going to be brought to Gaia? I would really like to play some of the games you have on facebook but refuse to join. I know of others who feel the same way.

3. Do you have a date set on Monster Galaxy being released on the site? DJ Helsing mentioned it in the monthly video.

And the issue is with Aquariums!
( Big surprise right? )
Seriously though. There are still Ghost fish in peoples tanks. Gaia is loosing out on profit because of this and this problem is spiraling out of control! There are gaians with fully ghosted tanks right now and earning profit from them! I will find proof if need be!

Also! Thank you for the Cash shop release yesterday! BIG SKYRIM FAN!!!!

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lanzer
Existential Existence
Again Happy Anniversary month Gaia! Thank you for your existence on the Internets. Also that towns virus was a super sexy forum event. It was real fun

Questions:
1) Since zOMG won't have any story/meaty-ful content updates, is it still possible to have new recipes/rewards/epics added in to older areas while zOMG is on hold? Such as dropping new Epic recipes to hard mode boss instances in the lower levels, like the Kokeshi Doll Shrine, Duneslam, General's House, etc.? Or will all zOMG non-bug related activity be at a standstill?

I feel that zOMG can still be updated in some way without sucking up too much staff time - by updating reward content for zOMG via things like new epic recipes in older areas (much like how Prize and Joy gets new items now and then to revive interest in ticket Games). Maybe once a month, Gaia can give a dev a day or two to add in a new epic recipe to an old boss area? People would appreciate it while zOMG is in maintenance mode...it would feel like it's being less...uh...'abandoned.'

2) If zOMG buddies aren't going to get any added benefits aside from being a pet decoration to the game, can we get static poses for our summon buddies that our avatars can wear/equip in the forums?
In the past when summons were a new concept a dev poll'd people about what features users would most want with their buddies, but nothing ever came out of those discussions, probably due to time constraints. However, it gave people hopes that their summons would do stuff in the future. Since a static or animated equip pose in the forums seems like something doable it would be a great to at least have those for zOMG summon buddies.

3) Has there been any attention/talk about improving the Avatar Arenas lately? Or is this a non-issue right now? Many months ago Pan held a fireside chat about the arenas that resulted in an increase in the entry fee, but that was all that was done.
Can we get a non-competitive arenas where we can just enter avatars into our gallery...without competing in the arenas? This proposal has 114 cookies btw not that it makes much of a difference hahahahahahahahahaha.. ha.

GOOD LUCK WITH TODAY'S ATA!!!!!!!
Hope you are all doing well and thanks for re-scheduling ATA to Wednesday!

GO LOUIEEEEE!!!

zOMG is on maintenance mode and there isn't a clear definition on what we can add to the game, so I don't have a clear answer right now, though as we gather resource we'll be able to have a clear answer for that.

I'll look into having the summon buddies as items. If it's not too hard, we should be able to do it, but we'll have to look and see.

The new version faced difficulty and was never released, and that caused some delay in the initial updates that were planned. I'll look into adjusting the entry fee and potentially additional arenas.

Okay thanks. Thanks for reading smile
The 10k entry fee is not a real problem, all that really did was reduce the amount of entries that were being submitted per week (e.g there used to be 70-80 pages of entries per week, but now there are only 20-40, at least in the Original arenas). The problems involve downvoting in the arenas, and that placing in the arenas is highly susceptible to user manipulation due to the lack of activity/voting going on in the arenas. Thanks for looking into things though!

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Darkaznstargoddess

3. I noticed several vampire and werewolf items, do some of the artists have a Twilight-fedish?

Vampires and werewolves existed before Twilight... sweatdrop

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Madkool
Hi guys!,

With the limited supplies of alchemy components beginning to dwindle quickly, will we start to see a push for more of them to enter the market through the daily chance and other free features? What's the plan behind the backwing formulas? The ingredients in them have skyrocketed in price (see Bag of Petals) even though only a miniscule amount of formulas even exist. What are the plans to rectify issues like that, especially in popular formulas like the backwings?

What are some of the general ideas that have been discussed thus far to improve alchemy?

Do you like your eggs scrambled, boiled or sunny-side-up?

Agreed, I'm all for formulas remaining super rare, super expensive, and super hard to get.

But the components should be cheap/easy to get/saturated in the market. It's supposed to be that way in any alchemy feature.

It was stated somewhere, that the 'lite' fish will be the be all end all to fix alchemy?

Are they going to drop caches? Multiple caches? or multiples of those high end components ie one lite fish drop will grant sea water x 10? Or how is it going to work? Cause we almost NEED something like that to fix the lack of component supply in alchemy right now.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Uncle Kenny
*looms*

*offers spike popcorn* ninja

Desirable Cat

We of the zOMG community feel very strongly for our game. You have dangled carrots in front of our face while making us jump through hoops to meet your demands. Time and again we have spread the word, increased activity not only in the game but also in the zOMG forum, and bought your zOMG items. So you've taken the last developer off of the project, when are you going to tell the rest of the website? When are you going to make a sitewide announcement for EVERYONE to see, so they can actually learn what is going on. Not everyone goes and posts or reads the forums. It's your job to keep your users updated on important events and changes. I've cancelled my autocash because I no longer feel that you care about me as a user, but simply as a dollar sign and cash cow. I only come onto Gaia and spend real money because I love the game and the people playing it. Below is my official statement to those in HQ for WHY I refuse to spend another cent on your site, seeing as as soon as I'm done playing DMS, your final expansion, I'll stop coming.

User Image

Edit: You have it in the works to update towns, Housing and other flash-based areas. Other than the recent cash items for housing, how down Towns generate more REVENUE than zOMG? Do you consider Town users who buy cash shop items as contributing to Towns "profit"? Why can't the similar be said for zOMG?
Only 2 questions:
1 - Who created the Mysterious Passenger Luggage so I can thank them properly for the Galaxy Express 999 Maetel reference...

2 - Will Gaia be adding a guild feature to the gaia app anytime soon?

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Lanzer
Teh Savior
Why are oni sets still soulbound?

The item is still available from the Fortune egg and from other CI, though it was originally a soul bound item and we're at a spot where if we change it now it'll also upset those who expect the item to continue being soul bound.
but I have one on a mule that I'd like to move over here... ;w;

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Anne Packrat
Hello, all! This is just something I've been thinking about lately:

Does Diedrich represent the next evolutionary step for grunnies? Should we be worried over the fact that he seems to keep asexually reproducing? Is Diedrich, in fact, the HE that was talked about oh so long ago?
I certainly hope he isn't, I'm just hoping to see REAL Grunnies or Prunnies again. Really, that's my main problem with Diedrich, he's kinda cute I guess and he can be funny at times but he's not a Grunny as I know them. He's just... Wrong.

Existential Existence

He is so cute though. How could you not love that face.

It's like he represents the metaphorical nature of all that trolls the Internet.

See above. ;~;

Opinionated Bookworm

Lanzer
Teh Savior
Why are oni sets still soulbound?

The item is still available from the Fortune egg and from other CI, though it was originally a soul bound item and we're at a spot where if we change it now it'll also upset those who expect the item to continue being soul bound.

IMO I think more people are annoyed that is IS soul bound, I know I am.

Destructive Lunatic

Fractale
emo I miss slow-paced ATA. Too many outside communities moving in on GCD's turf.

That isn't too much of a bad thing Fractale.

*lurklurks*

Codebreaking Survivor

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
hello guys!,

I'm a long time fan of gaiaonline, first time poster of ATA, I want to know if you guys have any plans to make more recent mini comics or manga story lines. When they were coming out in the past i always got a thrill to see what you guys came up with (and also a few chuckles along the way xd ) but it seems like the comics has become lackluster and it's main characters seems to be forgotten in time... i mean what IS out is still good, but they are now few and far between... so is there anything in the works?

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
DARKNRGY
Mademoiselle Kit
Dear Admins;

I am going to be frank with you; we of the Zomg community are angry. We feel we have not been treated fairly. We put work and effort into promoting our game through word of mouth and with our wallets, and yet time and time and again our favorite game is shunted into a corner.

Now with the removal of all our devs, it is clear that our game will be left to rot unless we do something.

Need I remind you guys the contributions we made to promote our game:

- Getting our request to hire a new Zomg dev in the spring cleaning forum to 5000 cookies; the second thread to do so
- Supporting zomg with our wallets; may I remind you of the time we sold out the 5000 bloodstone amulets in DAYS, earning $20k for zomg? Where did all that money go if it didn't go to saving our game?
- Getting new people to play zomg all the time; according to swarf, there is a steady trickle of new players each week. So why isn't Gaia supporting them by fixing glitches/giving us hope of new content?
- With the release of DMS, zomg traffic increased as well as revenue. If this revenue hasn't been going to zomg, then WHERE HAS IT BEEN GOING? We were told all zomg money went to development of zomg. It is clear we have been lied to.

According to swarf, it would not be difficult to keep up development on zomg, inclding development of new areas, with only a few devs. Yet despite this, Gaia has pulled ALL OF OUR DEVS, giving us no hope at all for an update to the game. Zomg is not like fishing or other Gaia games. Zomg is a MMO, and MMOs NEED updates to survive.

I am beginning to suspect that all this time, despite what we did, despite the suggestions we gave, the HQ seems to want zomg to fail. That is the biggest slap in the face after this whole thing. We were given some hope after the success of DMS, after selling the amulets and the increase in traffic. And yet after all we've done, to have our last devs taken away? It's like we are being told they don't care.

This is a fair warning: the zomg community is FURIOUS about this new development. Step inside the forums and see for yourself. We are a passionate community, willing to give money and support to our favorite game, and we WILL NOT stand for this. You have been warned.

Do you remember five years ago, Gaia? Back in 07 when it was annouced that zomg was in development? The "battle system" was Gaia's baby. It was the first game where you could step into the Gaia world. After having been on Gaia since 2005, the first time I stepped into Barton and saw that town, virtually animated where I could walk around...I cried. I cried because it finally made Gaia real.

Why are you abandoning what was once your baby, Gaia? Why must you constantly make new features, then let them lay into waste and never update or fix them? Why must you whore yourself out for facebook games, when the majority of people on this site don't care about the facebook games?

Yeah, I know it's frustrating. We wanted zOMG to be more successful and that's why the challenges were laid out. There is a trickle of new users, but the number of users leaving is larger and the total daily users continues to drop. DMS had some effect, but not what we were hoping for. We are not seeing growth or even steady state.

Any money purchased through Gaia goes to Gaia. While we compartmentalize projects in terms of revenues, etc, money from one area is not systematically directed to any particular project.

Development for zOMG is complex from a technical and creative standpoint. Development is just one aspect of production and even that requires specialized knowledge, special tools which are difficult to revive, etc. There are some things that are easy, however, and I'd like to explore those options with the team.

Dark, one of the reasons why there are users leaving the game is because, from what I've heard, there are bugs and glitches in the game that have still not yet been fixed. Not to mention, the lack of new content to keep most users' interests.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff