Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Evening, Lanzer and company. Mage returns again to ATA. Few things to address this evening.

1. Over the last year, zOMG has gotten the same treatment. Devs leaving and being fired. Threatened to get killed off from a lack of monetary gain. We’ve even had our last two remaining Devs, [ JK ] and Swarf, pulled off for other ventures. When confronted at the Announcement Meeting that he held last Friday, “HQ has other priorities right now, they can’t really support zomg with new content”. Yet they can give time and development to MOGA, to new RIG’s every single month, new MC’s, Gold and Cash Shop Updates, and after lots of complaint from the SF, Alchemy. Not to mention all the little fixes, events and other updates the site receives. Why is it that the one thing that a good bit of people like, will get put onto the shelf while all of these other things can be allowed?

2. On to my second issue. Yesterday, the servers were ungodly laggy, with at least 10+ threads started about the lag. From a good source of mine, I was told that [ JK ] is under the weather, and would not be in for work that day. Yet, we had to contact him just to get the damn servers cycled! Is there not an auto-script program or anything that could be set up to run to auto-cycle the servers every couple of days? I don’t know a thing about programming, but I’d at least like some knowledge to this.

3. Now I move on the last issue that I have. In Owlie’s Thread, she addresses the fact that many of us have spent money, time and cookies for a new Dev Team plus updates. Where is that money that we spend in and for zOMG going? Also, in Labtech Kestin’s Thread and Starshine’s Thread, people are unhappy with your decision, and would like honest answers from Upper Management. Not martyrs in the form of [ JK ], or you yourself, Lanzer. We want real answers, not “Sorry, but we can’t answer that”. At this point, from what I’ve seen, your PR is terrible anyway. Why not just drop the professionalism act and really answer us? Even the Site Feedback forum wants zOMG to die, no matter what we try to say about reviving the game. So give the zOMG Community an honest answer.

One final thing. You've had a terrible habit about releasing features, and not updating them for months, even years on end. What is up with that?

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
For roughly the last fifteen months, we have been repeatedly told that zOMG! does not generate sufficient revenues to warrant its further development.
Just recently we were told that, despite our best efforts to boost those revenues through increasing our user base and purchasing zOMG! Specific Items, not only will zOMG! receive no further development, but that we should also not expect any further glitch repairs or Seasonal Events such as the annual Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween or Christmas Events.
We were informed that the last Developer assigned to zOMG! has been reassigned to a new project and that, as it stands at this moment, it is unlikely that zOMG!’s current “limbo” status will ever change.
Seeing as this has all been explained as a purely business decision based on revenue generation and potential, we would like to know more about zOMG!’s financial performance.
Specifically:
Roughly how much did zOMG! specific sales generate in 2010? (sales of zOMG! Powerups)
Was there a noticeable increase in zOMG! specific revenues in 2011?
What were the percentages?
Does Gaia have any estimates regarding zOMG!’s ancillary revenue generation? (sales of Items that, while not specifically to be used in zOMG!, were purchased by people who’s principle activity on Gaia is playing zOMG!)
What would be the cost of maintaining a Development Staff for zOMG! that would be sufficiently large enough to allow for incremental upgrading of the game over a gradual period, say a new area similar to DMS once every six months or once a year?
What would be the cost of maintaining a Development Staff for zOMG! that was sufficiently large enough to allow for glitch repair and Events only?
How much would zOMG! need to generate in order to justify that allocation of these resources?
What percentage of Gaia’s overall, user generated revenues can be attributed to zOMG!
On a per capita basis, how does this compare with users who’s principle activities on Gaia do not include zOMG!
We have been told that the issue is not strictly related to zOMG!’s current and potential revenue generation, but also the potential revenue generation of the new projects for which zOMG!’s developers have been re-assigned.
What does Gaia anticipate the difference in potential to be? Twice zOMG!’s? Three times?

We have always been told how important we zOMGaians are to Gaia, and that our passion and loyalty to zOMG! and through it, Gaia itself, is appreciated by Gaia’s decision makers, yet we often feel disconnected from the decisions being made that effect our game. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak directly with one or two of the people who make the decisions regarding zOMG!’s future, so that all of the vague rumour and speculation could finally be cleared up, and we could finally be allowed to understand the rationale behind what so many of us deem to be an irrational decision.
Thank you.
WideEyed

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Hey everyone, I wanted to talk about some plot today.

I wanted to ask first if there is any chance of seeing the Dark Reflection theme come back into play? I think it could make a great event theme, it's rich with possible crazy content (like a Prunny Invasion) and people really seemed to like the Dark Reflection CI. Speaking of the CI, is there a chance we could get a repeat of that CI theme?

As someone who lives and breathes Gaia's plot I've got to say that I've been concerned with how the plot and mangas are treated these days. Being told that the Zurg basically have no chance of returning really upset a lot of us plot fanatics and we'd like at least some mention of them now and again. Work them into an event, a Zurg shop-keep or something would go a long way. If we'll never get a Zurg-focused event at least acknowledge us by keeping them in the background.

Oh and at some point please roll the gluttonous mass known as Diedrich off a cliff.
heart

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
No one will every convince me you told a lie.

Hey everyone! Just popping in to say HI!! owo
              How is everyone~?

also, thanks agian lanzer, that pm was a real pick me up! >w<

Moriarty was REAL!

Genius

Batman wants some answers.

When did Gaia Online lose its soul?

Will Avatars become flash based?

Is Towns really being worked on?

What are the major selling points of the new Gaia Online games and why should I play it?

Why is zOMG getting ignored?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
dude i almost forgot this. anyway hi everyone. xd

Genius

Batman wants some answers.

When did Gaia Online lose its soul?

Will Avatars become flash based?

Is Towns really being worked on?

What are the major selling points of the new Gaia Online games and why should I play it?

Why is zOMG getting ignored?

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
First I wanted to saw that it awesome of you to still have ATA this week.

A few weeks ago I asked if there were any plans for the achievement points we have collected. The response I got was, they were mainly used as a status symbol.

I actually had an idea about the points. They could be used like currency, and we could purchase some alchemy ingredients. That way the people that don't have a lot gold could still get alchemy ingriedients. It might get more people interested in achievements, and alchemy.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Hi Lanzer.

heart I would like to know when Case of Pietro is scheduled to be completed. Even an estimate is very much appreciated. A month? Three months? Another year? Two weeks??

If you can't get back to us on it now, can you find out for next week?

heart Secondly, the lite fishes have a one month life span. Considering how quickly we can fill our tanks with the ones just from DC and DD, would it not make sense to lower the life span? Perhaps after the first round die and the items/components/whatever in the new box are finalized?

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Happy AtA Wednesday, everybody!

My question is pretty simple. Will E-Corp have to get millitant again this year, or will the great and powerful Easter Bunny get some easter spotlight?

Today marks the beginning of Lent. There's only 40 days until the big day. How does EB prepare himself?

Has he moved out of that crummy apartment?

Also...taking bets on when diedrich will have his inevitable heart attack.
What do you see in the future of booty grab?

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hey, everyone -- watching the thread in the back field, may be answering the odd question or two.
I would like to know when the known glitches: Elizabeth not speaking to new players, Alastor not accepting players' quests, clan chat, the game not loading, the constant visual glitches, ect... are going to be fixed now that zOMG! has no developers? Alastor's quest specifically since the only way to even encounter this glitch requires users to have paid for accessto that content. Though Elizabeth's quest should also be of high importance since this happens so early in the game's storyline and is a deterant to new players.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

This post is part question, and part feedback, so I apologize for the wall of text.

- The zOMG community paid you. A lot. Where did that money go? From the state of zOMG, the fact that you're essentially abandoning the project if only for an undermined period of time; appears to be proof that the money gained through zOMG item sales, in just the last six months, did not all go back into the game.

Calling in [ JK ] on a sick day to cycle the servers, leaving the quest chain in DMS (which is paid-for content) broken; how is this worth the money given to Gaia in good faith that zOMG would be taken care of on some level? How can you expect the user base to support new ventures if old features are left for dead?

Why did you not even pay zOMG the respect of making a site-wide announcement regarding its state? Why was it left to [ JK ] and swarf to take the heat from the announcement? Why are users constantly blamed for the failure of zOMG both by staff and by other users, but Gaia has never taken the time to address its own lack of action concerning the game (advertising, utilizing opportunities and user's ideas to generate income)? Why were MAJOR glitches left unfixed until the staff used them to distract from other issues? I feel that you have disrespected your employees and your users with the way the issues surrounding zOMG have been handled for quite a long time.

- Alchemy. It has been the staff's claim that Alchemy is designed, by the staff's own definition, to be a dead feature. As it stands now, Alchemy can only realistically support those top 3% who have obscene amounts of gold and real life cash, while at the same time completely screwing over those not involved in Alchemy by raising the prices on cash-based and one-time grant items.

Why design a feature that is only for a few, while involving everyone?

Those that have no interest in Alchemy are suffering higher prices on items as previously discussed. Additionally, this system that you've designed that literally runs off the random generation of components is faulty in another way in that users who are attempting Alchemy are finding themselves at a dead-end because high prices are being set by users fortunate enough to obtain the more sought-after components. So we have a system that by all accounts was designed to be limited in its appeal, but is available to be used by everyone, making it very difficult and expensive for anyone who wants to genuinely advance through the system. The crux of the matter being, in my opinion, the method by which components are released in that many of the more usable components have failed to saturate the market in any real way because of the way components are generated.

I understand that Alchemy is being looked at, and that the current line of thought is one small change to Alchemy will have a big impact. I am very grateful for the work of Narumi and others who are reading feedback and doing what they can to report back on the recent meetings on Alchemy. I have high hopes for the lite fish. However, at this point, based on the actions taken so far, I do have my doubts about Gaia's ability to manage Alchemy in light of the situation with zOMG and Gaia's reputation for taking care of features once they're out of the gate. I really have strong feelings against getting more involved with Alchemy or any of Gaia's future ventures because of the way zOMG has been handled not just recently, but throughout the entire course of its lifetime.

Finally: Why don't the final-form back wings contain all the previous forms? Lanzer said last week that it was to adhere to the theme of Alchemy (transmutation as far as I can tell from Fullmetal Alchemist, because anime isn't the same as the writings of Paracelsus, Rulandus and other German guys with too much time on their hands). However, Gaia has previously established that items which change through time, Evolving and Rapid Evolving, always regain their poses with the final stage/form. How then, can you justify the back wings as a thematic concept while taking into account your own intentions concerning the difficulty of the entire quest, and the stories seen circulating of user's own experiences in crafting the coveted back wings?

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Are there any plans in place for features that might tie Gaia together as a whole? I had hoped that Alchemy would do this, but it... falls short on that regard. But right now, it feels like there are many different sects on Gaia who don't really interact fully. For example, the people who play zOMG versus the folks who spend a lot of time in Rally, versus the people who fish, forum chat, exchange, and any number of other things... There seems to be limited connectivity between these things. Is this something that you've been thinking about changing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff