Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

It's Super Bowl Sunday this weekend. How many of you are planning on watching? I can't help but to notice all the excitement with all the 49'er fans around where I live. I just hope they have better commercials this year. xd
User Image

For years the "Scar of the Coward" User Image item has created dispute in the Gaia Community.
The Gaia Staff has explained what the real meaning of the concept "Scar of Coward" is ,
it comes from a Japanese Anime Concept
User Image.
There are quite a few people who watch anime and are familiar with all those concepts but for some the concept is unknown.

There have been quite a few threads addressing this item and interpreting it to be a insult to those that have a history of past suicide attempts and or cutting, a simple fix to this would prevent any future forums on this subject. This minor change will only take a couple minutes of your time.
Please,
can you clarify in the description that this item is anime related?
siskataya t.84444577_90 Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks for the post and the suggestion! While I haven't seen a lot of threads on this issue, I have seen one recently, and as I posted in that thread, the item has nothing to do with self-harm or mocking those that do engage in self-harm. Clearly, self-harming behavior is hurtful, and we wish anyone dealing with this issue to get professional help to stop the hurt.

As for changing the item's name, it is not going to happen because it is one of several similarly named items, and goes with that set. Also, the description of the item doesn't seem to us to in any way be mocking members of Gaia that engage in self-harming behavior.

At any rate, I will pass along your suggestion, and get feedback from other in-office staff to hear their opinion on the issue, but no guarantees that the description will be changed.

Take care!

Suggestion for a New Item Description:

"Cowards run away to fight another day. This doesn't mean they won't stand up for what's right, they'll just do it with trembling knees." User Image

Suggestions for the Name Change:

A) Scars of Life

B) Battle Scars User Image

C) Scars of Bravery User Image

D) Survivor's Scars

E) Fake Scar

F) Scar of a Liar

G) Scar of Remembrance

H) Tattoo Scarring (Forearm)

I) Scarface

J) Scar of shame

K) Scar of war

L) Scar of the weakling

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Waffles companion!

Couple ideas I have brewing around:

1. Separate Gaia Exchange forums. I've noticed an air of "if you aren't selling cheap to resellers, you don't belong here. Go to the Marketplace" around the Gaia Exchange. It would be nice if there was a "Sell fast and cheap" forum and a "sell without tax for decent prices" forum, separate from each other.

2. What do you think of having a soul bound gold shop, where you can buy expensive rare things for quite a bit of gold, still, but they cannot be traded to other accounts, ever? Things that are so rare you can never hope to get them would be attainable through this, and it would be a gold sink because the items are not tradable.

Not a football fan.

Edit: 3 tips so far ;D

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Hello!
I took Super Bowl Sunday off, so that I can watch the game. Sadly my Packers are out. I think the 49's are goin' to win.

I really like the flowing princess locks, but any hats that I wear do not layer correctly. Anyway we can get a fix for that? emotion_kirakira
User Image
User Image

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Havent really got many questions this week besides

How is sickness central?

And have certain over working sick persons been made to get the rest they need, but don’t seem willing to take?
lanzer
Hello everyone!

It's Super Bowl Sunday this weekend. How many of you are planning on watching? I can't help but to notice all the excitement with all the 49'er fans around where I live. I just hope they have better commercials this year. xd
Hey lanzers remember last week when i said the parser needs fixing and if you can fix it or give us in the C and T an update on when it by chance can be fixed.

This topic right here is a list of the things wrong with the parser.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/fix-the-badly-broken-bbcode-and-word-filter-proposal/t.62742223/

This is a small idea with out going to the link of what we are asking for and what we know is broken.

The20
Some of the problems i know about:
- it removes semicolons after closing parenthesis.
- it removes backslashes, one at a time. That is, if you have a double backslash one of them stays until you edit the post or it is quoted.
- it completely ignores the number of spaces in code tags
- quotation marks followed by a parenthesis usually causes a smiley (More specifically the smiley that comes from semicolon + closing parenthesis. That's probably because the quotation mark is broken down into a string of characters that ends with a semicolon and then the parser ******** up.)
- there's some more funny behavior with certain characters, but i can't remember any specifics atm.

I asked the regs and people who know the most in the C and T in this topic.about what is wrong with the parser and ways to fix it.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/computers-technology/what-is-wrong-with-the-parser/t.84349429/

I also want to know that people here have told me that panagrammic did some poking around on this topic at one point but no changes or fix had been made.

What I would like to know is.Is there any chance that the things listed can be fixed.So that we in the C and T can use the system to help the people with there tech problems and questions.We in the C and T main forum need these fixed more then the rest of the site needs it i think and i feel that way.
I am looking forward to what you have to say on this matter.

You asked for a better understanding of my question last week here it is.

Shirtless Cat

good evening everyone whee

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hi gaia i logged in just to say hi
"hi"

*wastes ATA space*
hi HI HIIIII!!!!!

football wooo!!!! a day of reckoning for all the chickens!!!!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Malevolent Gaian

Hello again folks! Decided an avi change was needed...needed something black and purple, instead of black and blue, haha! Thanks again to Sandokiri for the awesome 80's nostalgia from last week. I enjoyed watching it while nursing this awful cold of mine.

So...I'm curious to know where is your favorite place to eat when you want to treat yourself for lunch?

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
GO NINERSSSSSSS!!!!

evening gaians

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Castiel Lover
Waffles companion!

Couple ideas I have brewing around:

1. Separate Gaia Exchange forums. I've noticed an air of "if you aren't selling cheap to resellers, you don't belong here. Go to the Marketplace" around the Gaia Exchange. It would be nice if there was a "Sell fast and cheap" forum and a "sell without tax for decent prices" forum, separate from each other.

2. What do you think of having a soul bound gold shop, where you can buy expensive rare things for quite a bit of gold, still, but they cannot be traded to other accounts, ever? Things that are so rare you can never hope to get them would be attainable through this, and it would be a gold sink because the items are not tradable.

Not a football fan.

1. It's something we can consider if we see an actual need for it.

2. Dunno, not my place to say on this one.

IRL Millionaire

Zero Omega
What are the chances of anything ever happening on my case? . U .

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Buki
GO NINERSSSSSSS!!!!

evening gaians

Howdy

GO PACKERS

....*dosent follow much US sport*

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Squee Nii
Zero Omega
What are the chances of anything ever happening on my case? . U .

The magic eight ball high chances are ahead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff