Welcome to Gaia! ::

Meowhead
praeclaris304
Really, why would you post something I sent in a PM? That bugs me.

Private messaging is there for a reason.

Edit: Plus, you didn't even try to mention the context that was there. Is this some sort of passive aggressive slandering?

... you... said that out loud. In this thread. Really! You can go back about four messages and see that I quoted something that you said right here. That wasn't actually a comment on you, at all. I was just making an observation about art and opinions.

Sorry you took it personally. I am not bothered by YOUR opinion, I am bothered by the fact that almost all of this is based around people saying 'This is my opinion', and then everybody is ARGUING about it, as if anything was going to change, when just stating that it's an opinion means it's going to be dreadfully hard for anybody to change their mind.

******** you're right. ******** me then, sorry about that. Well, I can't really fix it cause of my own dumbassery, but sorry again. sorry for confusing it. Yeah, that's about it, I was a ********.
Tyrande Whisperwind
...I can't stop laughing, really.
I mean, this is funny, I know I shouldn't be laughing this hard (because it's supposed to be sad), but I really can't stop laughing. I'm really sorry, really am.

This suggests that you believe that all opinions are of equal value. Is that correct or not?
Tawdry Flame
Can anyone make heads or tails of this, because I give up.

Hahahahaha...

Tawdry Flame
You're some guy who has come in. You're making trouble with someone who has contributed their part. You're some schmuck who has done all of a couple of things while being here: started a fight, and... skimped on tips. Boy, I'm sure that speaks so highly of you and so poorly of Unchi.

That wasn't the intention by the way, and I was sure you'd have trouble understanding it.

Tawdry Flame

Consider your ego inflated, then. I haven't mistaken you for anyone else.

A few more and I can say that whatever I ramble, it's true?

Tawdry Flame

Wait, are you actually denying that you came into this thread with a mule to start s**t earlier?

...are you really?

Does the name Anaya Felgrove ring any bells at all for you?

You insult my memory and integrity while either lying or forgetting your own past behavior? You're not even trying anymore.

I didn't deny that was my mule, and I wanted to know if that's what was bugging you.
And I didn't start any s**t. They were there to start with.

Tawdry Flame

And maybe you're not following Unchi, but me and Kendaroo also noticed a pattern occurring as well. Maybe she doesn't need the shrink, if three separate people found it an unpleasant coincidence?

Strangely enough, I agreed with Kendaroo's point of view without any trouble, in fact, that was the whole point I was trying to make (and I stated it back there but you don't seem to understand anything at all).
Yeah, the pattern I see here is that either I don't know how to properly express myself, or you're an elistist who sees only what you want to see.

You know, of all people that I've been discussing (that's what I call this) you're the funniest so far.
I mean, I say A and you read B, it sorts end up interesting!
Major Malfunction
This suggests that you believe that all opinions are of equal value. Is that correct or not?

No, that suggests that I find Unchi's "opinions are not equal" funny as hell.

But yes, all opinions are equal. No one weights more than another, and none is right or wrong. And not accepting this is wrong. And this is another opinion, so what happens next?
praeclaris304

******** you're right. ******** me then, sorry about that. Well, I can't really fix it cause of my own dumbassery, but sorry again. sorry for confusing it. Yeah, that's about it, I was a ********.

No harm no foul! If only all internet arguments ended up this cleanly and politely. cry
Tyrande Whisperwind
[No, that suggests that I find Unchi's "opinions are not equal" funny as hell.

But yes, all opinions are equal. No one weights more than another, and none is right or wrong. And not accepting this is wrong. And this is another opinion, so what happens next?

Well, then, that must mean that my opinion that you are a blithering idiot hold just as much weight as your opinion of yourself.

By the way, do you go to doctors when you're sick? Or do you ask random people on the street for diagnoses, given that the doctor's opinions hold no more weight than the hobo with a "NINJAS KILLED MY FAMILY - NEED MONEY FOR KUNG-FU LESSONS" sign?
Tyrande Whisperwind

User Image

This.

I rest my case, guys. Thanks for your time.
Unchi-tan

This.

I rest my case, guys. Thanks for your time.

Lies! All lies! You will be lured in again, to this conversation, somehow.

You will waste valuable time arguing and simultaneously not convincing anybody you're arguing against!

Really, that can be said of us all (Assuming that everybody here has valuable time...) , but I didn't post a message saying I was resting my case. xp

O.G. Partier

Tyrande Whisperwind
Major Malfunction

No, that suggests that I find Unchi's "opinions are not equal" funny as hell.

I just can't agree with this. Maybe it's a sign that I'm indelibly biased.

It could be said that Caravaggio was an excellent painter whose works are inspiring and incredible. This is my opinion. It isn't based on any hard fact, but I doubt you'll find many who will vehemently disagree with me on it and tell me that this opinion is totally horrible and foul.

It could also, however, be said that Chasethehedgehog is an excellent artist whose works are inspiring and incredible.

While it's entirely possible for someone to hold the latter opinion, most people would believe these two opinions are of a differing quality.

Some people think that women are inferior. This is their opinion. Some people think that gay people need to die. I'd like to be able to think that I can see these opinions as of perfectly reasonable quality and utterly equal with all others, but I can't. Maybe this is a flaw in me, not in opinions, but I doubt there are many people who can totally honestly and truthfully say that they can look at the opinion of someone who they find utterly and completely morally disgusting and consider that opinion to have equal value to anything they believe.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I've been lurking this thread for quite a while now, and I have been trying to avoid commenting on it. But, I have to say, this is probably one of the longest, most drawn-out internet arguments I have seen on the AD in a long time. This is worthy of the Extended Discussion, with all of the pathetic little personal attacks and snobbery. No matter what side you are on, it's impossible to win over the other side. Everybody still holds steadfast to what they believe is true.

By the way, Tyrande Whisperwind, your signature is very ironic. Very.
Tawdry Flame
xxellaxpopexx
....pffft...BWAHAHAHA XD omg I'm gonna cry XD
SO what if she Isen't a reg? what does that have to do with enything?

If you have such difficulty reading words, why do you continue to reply? Are you secretly in violation of the COPPA law? I thought public schools urged proficiency in reading by sixth grade.

Ah, well, let me restate my entire point once more.

Tyrande was making sweeping insults about an AD reg regarding her past behavior in the forum.

Tyrande has not been present in the AD for long, has little to no idea about said reg's previous behavior.

Said reg has contributed to the forum, despite Tyrande's claims. Said reg has contributed a good deal more than Tyrande has. Tyrande has not actually contributed anything, actually, as far as I can see. And I see a great deal.

So I pointed this out.

Then you did not read anything I said.

Now we are up to the present. Is that a satisfactory bullet point recap, or will you require me to break it down further for your digestion?

I can read, you just don't seem to realize what I'm asking. It doest matter how long one or the others been heare. That has nothing to do with the argument. Neather does skill, what the issue is, or what the issue has become is that Tyrande spoke her opinon and she was mualed for it. Now on the first topic that I saw Tyrande, I disagreed with what she was saying, but I don't belive shes no good becuase of it. We debuted and came to a conclusion, no name calling, "no you absolutely wrong and im absolutely right" and vise versa. what Unchi was saying it that "if you don't know that art is this this this. then your no good and dumb." (thats what Im collecting if im wrong, im sorry) think of it like this "dabuting the best color in the world."
U-The best color in the world is green and thats a fact, end of story!!"
T-Well, I think its blue
U-No, its green, and your a no good kid if you dont know that.
T-who made you god!! I think its blue!!
*squable, squable, squable.*
Thats just how I'm reading it.
Also If you started a job..say at a store. You've worked at stores before such and such. You have this coworker thats always telling what you
"you don't pack the boxes like this, you pack them like that."
well what if your packing the boxes quicker and you'll be abable to fit more say...in a truck thats about to ship out to another store. we'll that coworker(of the same postion as you). say's "you pack them this way! and thats it, done, no dabuting!" weather you have a better way or not does not matter to him. It's just "you pack them this way!"
Wouldn't that be frustrating Tyrande just frustrated and can you blame her?? No matter what she saids she labled as "no good" can you blame her for spilling over the edge??
Thats just how I'm seeing all this.
Now we all know art has standers, we'er not saying that it doesn't. What we've been trying to say is that thoughs standers are up to the individual. Like I belive that art should have the principles of art. Unchi belives that art has made by an artisit, and praeclaris304 belives that art should have a story behind it. The standers are diffrent, but there still standers.
@Tyrande: I think you are taking all of this a little to far, let your self cool down girl. wink don't let'em get the better of you.
Major Malfunction
Well, then, that must mean that my opinion that you are a blithering idiot hold just as much weight as your opinion of yourself.

Indeed it does.

Major Malfunction
By the way, do you go to doctors when you're sick? Or do you ask random people on the street for diagnoses, given that the doctor's opinions hold no more weight than the hobo with a "NINJAS KILLED MY FAMILY - NEED MONEY FOR KUNG-FU LESSONS" sign?

This shows how smart you are.

If you're trying to make a point that opinions aren't equal, wrong example.
Diagnosis aren't made up by opinions only, they can be opinions (when they don't know what's wrong with you) but they're based of knowledge and techniques which I'm sure a doctor has more than the ninja guy.

And it's not a standard, it's a fact. If the ninja guy studied as much as the doctor, and I judged him to be as competent as the doctor, I wouldn't mind asking him for a diagnosis.

Comparing to this thread's issue:

"Without standards there is no such thing as art" is an opinion and it's not based on any knowledge, because it's a subjective term used to describe an object that pleases us. No one is more right or wrong than another.

There isn't someone who knows more about "what is art" (wtf) than another, since it's entirely up to the individual how he sees it.
And also, if your opinion is that there is, I'll ask you the same thing Stop Him was asking back there: Tell me what measure standards are you using and specify it.
Also don't be dumb and note that they must comply to the issue asked: "What is art" (definition) and not "Art Skill" because they're two different things.

I'm wondering one of you blockheads saying "This isn't art, it's only 13% of the standard done."
Kupocake
I've been lurking this thread for quite a while now, and I have been trying to avoid commenting on it. But, I have to say, this is probably one of the longest, most drawn-out internet arguments I have seen on the AD in a long time. This is worthy of the Extended Discussion, with all of the pathetic little personal attacks and snobbery. No matter what side you are on, it's impossible to win over the other side. Everybody still holds steadfast to what they believe is true.

By the way, Tyrande Whisperwind, your signature is very ironic. Very.

I think thats the point, you have to admit though, its true~ XD

O.G. Partier

xxellaxpopexx

I think thats the point, you have to admit though, its true~ XD

I don't see why it has to be true.

I've had much better arguments online than in classrooms or debate contests. I have read worse editorials than half of this topic. Talk radio comes closer to donkeys and children arguing at times.

Internet arguments aren't inherently flawed just from the relative anonymity and audience. Internet arguments are inherently flawed because people fall back on the "well it's just teh interbutts, I can say what I want and I won't sound any dumber than anyone else here!"

Trolling only succeeds because people expect such stupidity online. Spreading these feelings only lowers a discussion board.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff