Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok, many artists belive that art can be anything, the real question is "what is popular art?"
the only reason that people consider something art is because enuff people said that was. more a question of what the public likes, one person can say that they dont consider something art but once enuff people say that it is then the general concensus is that it is art
xCasondra
Where did anyone say she sucked? From what I gathered, they were questioning her, and asking her to prove what she says.

This kind of "prove how good you are" line of discussion, in my experience, almost always leads to someone going, "oh, well, YOU aren't so hot" in the end. Elsewhere in this thread, people said my own drawing skill (or lack thereof) meant that I was arguing my point of view just because I was a "wannabe". I suspect that those people would have criticized my work even if I had drawn like Rembrandt, just because they didn't like my point of view. After all, now that Unchi-tan has shown her art, are we going to get a lot of posts going, "oh, you are good after all, I guess I was wrong about what art is?" I think not.

It is, I feel, irrelevant to this discussion how well someone draws. The value or truth of an idea exists independently from whatever other qualities the person speaking the idea possesses. If a thought has any real value, it should be able to be analyzed and judged on its own merits.
Stop Him
This kind of "prove how good you are" line of discussion, in my experience, almost always leads to someone going, "oh, well, YOU aren't so hot" in the end. Elsewhere in this thread, people said my own drawing skill (or lack thereof) meant that I was arguing my point of view just because I was a "wannabe". I suspect that those people would have criticized my work even if I had drawn like Rembrandt, just because they didn't like my point of view. After all, now that Unchi-tan has shown her art, are we going to get a lot of posts going, "oh, you are good after all, I guess I was wrong about what art is?" I think not.

It is, I feel, irrelevant to this discussion how well someone draws. The value or truth of an idea exists independently from whatever other qualities the person speaking the idea possesses. If a thought has any real value, it should be able to be analyzed and judged on its own merits.

i think after Unchi have shown her work and Stop him's mighty conclusion, the thread will stops....
well yeah, skipping straight to the point without wasting any time, u r totally rite....
Unchi-tan
There is plenty of my work online. This was previously in a watercolor thread right here on Gaia, it's a color study for a portrait:

User Image

This was for some Ghibli fan art contest thing I couldn't finish on time, here's a couple of pages from my sketchbook (Tekkon Kinkreet study on the left, portrait study on the right), some old doodles from a sketchbook thread, and here's a study for a Norman Rockwell tribute book that never happened. Bonus, a failed attempt at cartooning.

And here's a kid:

User Image

wow i am impressed, you talk big! that is a work of a pro or for someone who dedicated their life in art? and you followed the standard and rules you are imposing on others? ah, a fine demonstration of knowledge in anatomy and color theory, you surpassed my expectations and your artwork are praise worthy rolleyes

there are thousands of amateur out there who wouldn't have problem taking your job or competing with a pro like you. hi hi hi hi hi! i got my fill and i am off for good, thank you for the meal ta ta!
Art Destroyer
wow i am impressed, you talk big!

...Did I or did I not call it?
Art Destroyer
there are thousands of amateur out there who wouldn't have problem taking your job or competing with a pro like you. hi hi hi hi hi! i got my fill and i am off for good, thank you for the meal ta ta!

Oh no a child on the internet with absolutely no knowledge of art whatsoever doesn't like my artwork and thinks that I am a liar of some kind

My life is over

I will never sleep again

Edit: just to reinforce an earlier statement of mine:
Quote:
I never claimed to be better at drawing than anyone else though and I don't know where you got this from. I do teach, but that doesn't make me a phenomenal artist and I never claimed that it did. What I said was that I know enough about this to be able to define it, and I stand by that statement.

Also, if you don't like my work that's fine, but claiming that it's the work of an amateur just makes you sound like an idiot. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
I consider myself an artist, I also know quite a bit about art, not so much the history, but history never really mattered to me regardless.

I don't like going to art museums because they're boring and the artwork is never truly interesting to me.

I think some of your art is interesting, some of it isn't. No, I won't bash you and I don't think art destroyer was bashing you just to bash you. I think you need to understand that not everyone will like your work, and deal with it.
xCasondra
I think some of your art is interesting, some of it isn't. No, I won't bash you and I don't think art destroyer was bashing you just to bash you. I think you need to understand that not everyone will like your work, and deal with it.

What?

I never said that I was expecting people to like my work. I posted it here because I was being accused of being a liar. I never claimed that I was good to begin with, I just said that I teach and know what I'm talking about.

Most people here would agree with you about art museums being "boring". So there is no way I'd take your opinions about my work seriously at all. They absolutely do not matter, because you are (mostly) completely clueless.

Please don't flatter yourselves. I posted because I don't appreciate being called a liar, not because I wanted asspats from a bunch of teenagers on the internet. Your opinions of my work mean absolutely nothing to me.
xCasondra
I consider myself an artist, I also know quite a bit about art, not so much the history, but history never really mattered to me regardless.

I don't like going to art museums because they're boring and the artwork is never truly interesting to me.

youre no artist

you and art destroyer are just idiots

wannabe artists drawing anime s**t

you dont care about art history and you think museums are boring and you dont think unchi is good

you dont know s**t and youll never amount to anything
Unchi-tan
xCasondra

What?

I never said that I was expecting people to like my work. I posted it here because I was being accused of being a liar. I never claimed that I was good to begin with, I just said that I teach and know what I'm talking about.

Most people here would agree with you about art museums being "boring". So there is no way I'd take your opinions about my work seriously at all. They absolutely do not matter, because you are (mostly) completely clueless.

Please don't flatter yourselves. I posted because I don't appreciate being called a liar, not because I wanted asspats from a bunch of teenagers on the internet. Your opinions of my work mean absolutely nothing to me.

Uh, my my, you are very hostile. No wonder people were attacking you.

Just because I feel art museums are boring, does not make me clueless. You must love assuming s**t about everyone right? I never attacked you, though you may feel that way, which is why you're being incredibly defensive.

If anything I gave you a compliment, but hey, if you don't want to be complimented, then I guess you will have to get used to people bashing you just to bash you?

You say you're an art teacher and that you're better than everyone else because you know about color composition and anatomy. Big whoop, 4th graders can do color composition, and anatomy only comes to those who practice enough. Stop acting like you're the queen of whatever land you live in. There will always be people who are better than you and I think it's best to not get over defensive where it's not needed.

You put down "teenagers on the internet." You, my dear friend, are acting like how I acted when I was 13 years old. Age doesn't matter, it's how mature you are. If you think you're such an awesome adult with awesome responsibilities, you should probably ACT as such, instead of arguing and crying all over a thread that's ACTUALLY about what others THINK about art.

Art destroyer attacked you because you truly need to get off your high horse. No one over the age of 20 should be acting like a 13 year old, none-the-less a teacher.

FKUC U
xCasondra

youre no artist

you and art destroyer are just idiots

wannabe artists drawing anime s**t

you dont care about art history and you think museums are boring and you dont think unchi is good

you dont know s**t and youll never amount to anything

Great, I'm glad you feel that way. Assuming makes an a** out of you and a guy named Ming. I don't care about pretty much any history, not just art history. I live in the now, that is all that matters. But, hostility is a strong suit for you, keep it up. I'm sure eventually it will pay off.
FKUC U..... here you are really to defend unchi about her skillz,
(yes, shes good, I agree completely) but if she's questioned you yell at the questionies "you dont know what your talking about, you must be bad at art!!" Thats just a tinny bit Hypocritical.
so I think you need to stop posting or say something a little more constructive about the issue.

(I hate trolls...)

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Agreed with EllaxPope. I'm surprised nobody picked up on the ridiculous trolling here.
you were calling her a liar of course she attacked you

and of course she doesnt care what you think

you "live in the now" are you some kind of retard

liking anime and modern art doesnt mean you can ignore art history you will never be good if you dont study properly and that includes art history and realism

your drawings are boring as s**t and you have no style unchis stylizations are incredible but youre such a retarded weeaboo that you think theyre bad because theyre not shiny anime

unchi NEVER SAID that she was a better artist than anyone here she said she knew more about art because shes a teacher

these are two completely different things you ******** moron

museum curators know a lot about art and most of them cant paint

even if unchi sucked she would still know better than you its very very obvious that she knows better anyway

ive seen her teaching gestalt on gaia and ive seen her make huge posts to help people with their drawings and she knows what she is talking about trust me. ive seen her help animation students with color and composition too and the pros and university students here on gaia all ask her for help and feedback why do you think theyd do that if she didnt know s**t

shes not up on a high horse and she doesnt think shes a better artist than anyone SHE NEVER SAID THAT ANYWHERE

god what is wrong with you people are you so jealous of her that you cant even read what shes writing

all she said was "i'm a teacher so i know more about art" well guess what SHE DOES and thats a fact even if you dont like her paintings

shes probably not coming back to this thread now anyway so be nasty to her all you like i guess
Wow you guys are still at it!

Though I found nothing interesting in these 10 pages I've missed, I do have one thing to say...

Bad grammar, typos, trolls and incoherency are sorta tolerable... but xCasondra, I can't read any of your posts, that color is like an eye-cancer at 4am!
Art Destroyer
Unchi-tan
There is plenty of my work online. This was previously in a watercolor thread right here on Gaia, it's a color study for a portrait:

User Image

This was for some Ghibli fan art contest thing I couldn't finish on time, here's a couple of pages from my sketchbook (Tekkon Kinkreet study on the left, portrait study on the right), some old doodles from a sketchbook thread, and here's a study for a Norman Rockwell tribute book that never happened. Bonus, a failed attempt at cartooning.

And here's a kid:

User Image

wow i am impressed, you talk big! that is a work of a pro or for someone who dedicated their life in art? and you followed the standard and rules you are imposing on others? ah, a fine demonstration of knowledge in anatomy and color theory, you surpassed my expectations and your artwork are praise worthy rolleyes

ninja Wow, like.... wow! What a comment! It like... totally reeks of... idiocy!
The way you act is like... a really good indicator that you like.... really don't belong near an art discussion thread. Like.... are you comprehending?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff