Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Nymph

Yun San

i would love to receive more comments on my entries but im lucky if i get more than a few comments

ninja

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I'm not sure if I'm always necessarily getting down voted. There are probably people who just consistently dislike my avis. But my score rapidly drops at the beginning and end of each week, just to varying degrees.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Yun San
I've entered my entries into the arena (at least in the original arena) and have noticed a pattern. The downvoters are attacking when the entries first hit the arenas. With my recent entries the AVG dropped dramatically within the first day and even one time within minutes of the week switching over. They knock the AVG down so low that it takes a long time for it to raise again. Has anyone else noticed this????

It's not really limited to an original arena issue, in the cosplay arena my entries often get the boot within the first hour or the last few hours of any consecutive week; All Tab or not. Downvoting seems to be more effective at start of the week as the entry requires more votes to build itself back up from a pretty bad sabotage. But I agreed the backlash is as bad or worse than it is in cosplay arena when considering the fact Original content is far more susceptible to more opinionated based ratings rather than a simple transition on one's accuracy, thus can lead to pretty harsh critic downratings in itself alone. Also considering that Cosplay's is more commonly known than the original arenas one could say the voting circulation is probably less in originals thus probably resulting in overall lower averages.

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Denham
I'm not sure if I'm always necessarily getting down voted. There are probably people who just consistently dislike my avis. But my score rapidly drops at the beginning and end of each week, just to varying degrees.

yea thats when i heard the downvoters are out
on the first and last day watch your averages be attacked by downvoting that seems to be their routine.

Alien Invader

I always figured it was just due to an influx of votes during Monday and Tuesday. When I enter I typically get a large chunk of votes in the first couple days and then it trickles down--then picks up again towards the end of the week.

I don't really know if it's people intentionally giving out 1's but I always figured it correlated to people thinking "oh, it's monday there's new entries" or "oh, it's saturday i better vote on last week entries before it's too late".

I dunno. I've seen an influx of the number of rates affect my entries positively and negatively.

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
I've never entered the Original Arenas before, but I've signed up for next week in the Cosplay Arenas. It's also my first try. D8 why did I do this? This going to be nightmare or a blood bath. Either way, it shall suck. I am starting to regret it after travelling through the Avatar forums for the first time. Some people are really harsh man. Lighten up, it's just a little itty bitty contest, I entered more or less to have fun than to win. Possibly because I know there is no chance for that but still! ^_^'

Big Member

I've only entered the avatar arena twice, so I don't have much experience to say, but the first time I entered, my rating for the first two day was a 1.8, but at the end of the week it sky rocketed. So I wouldn't worry too much about down voters.

High-functioning Unicorn

I actually got downvoted recently.... the first two days the average rating was good,, but when I checked it last night the rating just dropped violently sad

Edit:
I also noticed,, every time I post on the featured avatar nomination thread,, the average rating of my arena post always dropped... I think that thread is not good to promote your arena entry

Sparkly Strawberry

yaki_terri

According to my rank and my average (which never changed overnight) people have been massively downvoting again ):
They downvoted all the really good avatars, and probably all the group entry avis from this week.
At first I was trying to be honest and do not give just A's to everyone, now I have just A and B ratings. It is because I do not want to make people sad.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
All right, any one who doesn't think down voting exists consider this.

I was in first place on Monday and Tuesday last week, third on Wednesday and Thursday but over the next two days I dropped ten places, I don't think I've ever believed in down voting as much as I have on this entry.

Skilled Raider

I kinda wonder...
We can give our own entries a vote too.
I tried that, but instead of lifting my entry up a bit after my vote, the score went down... I was a bit WTF about that

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
This is pretty embarrassing since everyone seems to know what they're talking about, but I'm new to the avatar arena. What's all this about the All Tab, and getting in there unfairly?

Dapper Genius

Yeah i got hit pretty hard last night. neutral Went from rank 3 to rank 30 and dropping still.

Toxic Transmutator

Wow. Downvoters hard at work. I got three rates - the first one was a "5", I saw it when there was only one rate. Now the average is 1.32...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff