Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a small town girl...

Living in a lonely world 0.40425531914894 40.4% [ 57 ]
He to the midnight train going any-PONPON WEIWEI 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 18 ]
I thought this poll was going to relate to the topic 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 9 ]
Why do this for the gold? You don't even get that much 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 6 ]
GIRL CHARACTERS SUCK (lookie here relation to the topic) 0.028368794326241 2.8% [ 4 ]
BOY CHARACTERS SUCK 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 3 ]
EVERY CHARACTER SUCKS IF THEY'RE WRITTEN POORLY 0.19148936170213 19.1% [ 27 ]
I am apathetic to everything. 0.12056737588652 12.1% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Familiar Dabbler

D0kt0r Bulletz
Tsundere Lori
Really depends on the person and on the series.

Particularly with female fans hating female characters are probably because they are so upset that a so-called "hot" guy is dating a "useless clumsy" chick instead with another "hot" guy. Or that they love to become attention whores and b***h about female characters because that female character is so much embarrassing that they are "ruining" the whole series.

I am going to throw the "jealously" card, because they are so jealous that another female is interrupting their wonderful daydream with their dream boy and that the female doesn't deserve her romantic interests because she does not fulfil her requirements for dating one.

Not like I care though, I never had any hateful emotions towards fictional characters any more and I actually end up loving a female character that ends up as an "annoying b***h" to the eyes of a possible Shojo fan/hater/whatever.

I find it hilarious that in FMA and FMAB and the FMA manga, people hate Winry just cuz she married Ed in the end. They say stupid things like, "She stole Edo!!!"

No...That's what Hiromu Arakawa wanted. She MADE the two get together in the end of the manga (and Brotherhood anime).

User ImageI'm not a Winry or EdWin fan, and even I think that's pathetic.
Roseflower52
D0kt0r Bulletz
Tsundere Lori
Really depends on the person and on the series.

Particularly with female fans hating female characters are probably because they are so upset that a so-called "hot" guy is dating a "useless clumsy" chick instead with another "hot" guy. Or that they love to become attention whores and b***h about female characters because that female character is so much embarrassing that they are "ruining" the whole series.

I am going to throw the "jealously" card, because they are so jealous that another female is interrupting their wonderful daydream with their dream boy and that the female doesn't deserve her romantic interests because she does not fulfil her requirements for dating one.

Not like I care though, I never had any hateful emotions towards fictional characters any more and I actually end up loving a female character that ends up as an "annoying b***h" to the eyes of a possible Shojo fan/hater/whatever.

I find it hilarious that in FMA and FMAB and the FMA manga, people hate Winry just cuz she married Ed in the end. They say stupid things like, "She stole Edo!!!"

No...That's what Hiromu Arakawa wanted. She MADE the two get together in the end of the manga (and Brotherhood anime).

User ImageI'm not a Winry or EdWin fan, and even I think that's pathetic.

I know, right? lol Next thing you know, they'll be hating on my main female protagonist just cuz she ends up with the male protagonist.
I assume hatred for female characters is simply because many recent anime feature one or two guys and several girls. In a harem/romance anime, it's usually pretty obvious which girl will 'win' from the beginning (Nagisa in Clannad, for example). While I'm sure plenty of people like the 'winner' she becomes a prefect target for fans of all the other girls, so people hate them more.

Basically there are more girls and more reasons to dislike them than there are boys.

Party Sailor

7,775 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
In my honest opinion, it's probably the personality of the girls. I never thought of jealousy much, but one thing's for sure: Most anime girls are getting SUPER annoying, ditsy, and retarded now. If there is LUCKILY a character on the show that isn't like that, then I'M SO PROUD of the author. I really like anime girls though, and if I'm jealous of them cause they're pretty/big breasted/rich, then whatever. I absolutely hate annoying anime girls the most though. It's rare that I'll like any annoying, slutty girl, however.

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Love that Lasts the Longest...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Say something new!
I have nothing left...
I can't face the DARK without you!
In some cases, I KNOW it's Yaoi fangirling.
Two guys who'd I assume would be quite attractive.
Yaoi fangirl mind = they *must* be gay for each other no matter what.
Guy 1 has Girlfriend.
Yaoi Fangirl + Guy 1 Girlfriend = Hate Hate Hate.
After that, it's irrational.

Shipping even outside of the yaoi fangirls is why a lot of female leads get the hate-train. Female leads end up with male leads most of the time, so fans of the other girls go on a Die For Our Ship spree. (TvTropes Link Warning! That site will ruin your life.) Not that that's any different from the yaoi fanbrats, but the yaoi fanbrats do it more.

Gamers may find worthless gameplay characters a target for hatred for being worthless in gameplay, no matter how awesome they may be outside of the actual gameplay. Though, that hardly extends only to females.

In the end, it's still mostly irrational. Legitimate hate goes either way though. (E.G. Iria/Grahne in the FE4 manga is a b***h, because, well, she's a b***h- can't say it any other way. I mean that woman is happy that her husband died because his sister is unhappy about it.)

There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight never ends!!
I can't face the DARK without you!

...Is the One that can never be.

Codebreaking Explorer

7,800 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Friendly 100
I usually judge a character based on their personality, intelligence/skills, and development (depth).
I just dislike simple characters that just have few defining characteristics (ex. just ditsy and cute).
This is one of the reasons why I usually dislike the usual shoujo girl (especially in oneshots). I also dislike the image of girls they ship- not all girls are damsels in distress who send their time obsessing over whether a guy likes them or not. I can't relate to how they think and usually they don't mature much over the story. I really love the strong, independent females that overcome whatever comes flying their way (ex. Claymore (everyone), Riza- FMA, Erza- Fairytail, Kanoko- Koi dano Ai dano).
To be fair- I also hate the pathetic male leads who for some unknown reason has all the girls in love with him.

Timid Nerd

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Female characters seem to be hated because they're shown as "weak damsel in distresses" that are only there for the main male character to save.

As for why girs hate feale chracters, it's probably cause of the female gets inbetween their yaoi pairing, or just in between their favorite character.
Well, that's what i think is the reason, at least. :/

lol, journey.
Well for the most part (for me anyway) I only hate on the female characters who play the "damsel in distress" role all too well and too often. So many of these girls give the rest of us a reputation of needing to be protected always cause we cant do anything for ourselves
Braviary
Well we are in a forum dominated by girls who prefer the opposite sex over their own sex. Most of them overlook their favorite men's flaws because they're handsome. But as for females, since most don't have an attraction to females, they dislike them if they don't match up to their personal standards.
For a good pallet of female personalities, girls should watch MLP:FiM.

Celeste, personal question: Can you tell me what you dislike in male anime characters?

Dear God, I just saw this. Sorry for the late reply.

Personality wise:
I hate the guys who do nothing impressive or outstandingly sweet, and then suddenly get all the girls, or they get praised for literally nothing. This mostly happens in harems, but I've seen it in other animes as well. I mean, if he's lazy, that's another story. Then it's comedic that he gets praised for nothing, especially if he claims that he's done nothing at all. But when it's serious, and just like that, suddenly life is easy, then it's annoying.

I don't like the really mysterious guys with the "heart of gold". Seriously, it's way too overdone. I'd prefer to just have a guy that's really ideological and helpful.

The guys that jump in the middle of an attack just to save a girl are also generic. I mean, once is okay. But if it's every single freakin' time then we've got a serious problem here. This is due to two things: One, the girl doesn't know how to defend herself. Two, the guy doesn't know how to just stop being the stupid hero stereotype for once in his life. I also can't stand most of those shonen male protagonists, since they all seem the same to me (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist, Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha... etc.)

Then when it comes to design:
When the shirt just gets torn off for no reason. I don't know, I'm a girl and should like this, but I seriously don't. It's like getting a panty shot from a cute moe girl. I don't like having clothes ripped off or having the camera zoom down the shirt or up the skirt at all.

If the guy is pretty. Oh my God, if he's got a pretty face and nothing else, I wanna kill it with fire. Also, bishies. I hate really long hair, whether it's on girls OR guys. This is the same as those guys who basically look like chicks with d*cks.

---

I guess overall, whether it's girls or guys, I hate clothes flying off, and I hate the generic, stereotypical personality-less (or annoying personality-ed) characters, and I hate it when both genders do nothing to forward the plot or help any of the main characters (or are just there for fanservice and nothing more. This enrages me) and yet they're some of the most loved in the series.
Although, I'm ashamed to say that I love guys who are dominated by the girls. But not like... sexually. I mean... er, when the girl is basically the man and the instigator of the relationship, but not in the slutty way. I love shy guys xp But this is just my opinion, I'm sure anyone else who hates some things in male characters will have a different view

Hygienic Explorer

Very good question. I know someone who hates Maka Albarn with a passion but they can't give me a single reason why. (Other than "She's just annoying!!!" ) This person also pretty much exclusively likes male characters. I guess they can't yaoi if there's a girl gettin' in the way.

Ice-Cold Ladykiller

18,190 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Whoa, is this pertaining to just the anime/manga genre or overall comic industry? I sort of feel like I should tread lightly here.
I think they are too gentle and weak half the time.
You know, how many girls you know are like those anime girls in real life?
The only really likable anime girl I can think about on the top of my head is Haruhi from Host Club. I don't mind the girls from Soul Eater either.

Dangerous Businessman

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
women hate them because they're jealous and see in them the girls they wish they could be, and i hate them for turning me into an assexual zombie as soon as i step outside.
Now i see most women as cloned shallow slum-whores.

3,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The reason that I would give is that girls are jealous of the female characters. Based on the huge amount of self insert and author avatar fanfiction out there I cannot think of any other explanation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff