Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a small town girl...

Living in a lonely world 0.40425531914894 40.4% [ 57 ]
He to the midnight train going any-PONPON WEIWEI 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 18 ]
I thought this poll was going to relate to the topic 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 9 ]
Why do this for the gold? You don't even get that much 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 6 ]
GIRL CHARACTERS SUCK (lookie here relation to the topic) 0.028368794326241 2.8% [ 4 ]
BOY CHARACTERS SUCK 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 3 ]
EVERY CHARACTER SUCKS IF THEY'RE WRITTEN POORLY 0.19148936170213 19.1% [ 27 ]
I am apathetic to everything. 0.12056737588652 12.1% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Apple Anna
Maudragauda
Apple Anna
I'm sure not all females characters are hated. neutral then again...

I didn't say all female characters are hated, but female characters tend be hated more openly and judged harshly than male characters.

well, that would have to be the creators' fault for making them more whiny or more annoying than the male counterparts. xp

Only to the idiots and their dumb misconceptions.

Demonic Vampire

Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

Name a really well written character. It's not impossible but it's harder to come up with 5 of those

Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Masane Amaha
Taiga Aisaka
Lain Iwakura

And the characters you choose, you picked characters from stereotypical CLAMP. It's no wonder they're bad characters. And I'd gladly take any of the Clannad girls over whoever you like any day of the week.

yeah right the girls from clannad act like mentally challenged little children. And yes I was naming the worst of the worst. the most irritating ones ever.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

Prince Siegfried
Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

Name a really well written character. It's not impossible but it's harder to come up with 5 of those

Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Masane Amaha
Taiga Aisaka
Lain Iwakura

And the characters you choose, you picked characters from stereotypical CLAMP. It's no wonder they're bad characters. And I'd gladly take any of the Clannad girls over whoever you like any day of the week.

yeah right the girls from clannad act like mentally challenged little children. And yes I was naming the worst of the worst. the most irritating ones ever.

User Image
Prince Siegfried

yeah right the girls from clannad act like mentally challenged little children.

*Suggesting characters like Tomoyo act like a mentally challenged girl....*

User Image

It's official, you have no ******** clue what you are saying.
I have my reasons.

I hate them sometimes because their personality is annoying. It's not realistic at all. I mean, there are so many times where I'm like "No freakin' fifteen year old would react the way that stupid chick did!". I mean, for example, Kallen from Code Geass. She finds out Lelouch is really evil and blah blah blah oh he's been lying to everyone. And what does she do? She kisses him and confesses her love to him or whatever. What normal girl would do that?
Or like the fact that they're useless and need to be saved all the time and do NOTHING to contribute to the said show's plot. They're basically there for the main character's love interest and just to include a female character that female fans can "relate" to.
Fanservice. I absolutely hate girls that are all fanservice and nothing more. Actually, I just plain hate the slutty, teeny-tiny-skirt-wearing hoes who may have a great personality, but are only attractive to anyone because of their boobs or panty shots.

I guess males are not as easy to hate because mangakas don't whore them out or make them have really whiny high pitched voices or give them a really unlikable personality. Also, most males aren't as useless as some females are made out to be. This being said, I don't find myself hating female characters that much. I hate both sexes equally really xD And this is only for the animes that I watch. It's not every anime.

Questionable Entrepreneur

Well we are in a forum dominated by girls who prefer the opposite sex over their own sex. Most of them overlook their favorite men's flaws because they're handsome. But as for females, since most don't have an attraction to females, they dislike them if they don't match up to their personal standards.
For a good pallet of female personalities, girls should watch MLP:FiM.

Celeste, personal question: Can you tell me what you dislike in male anime characters?

Demonic Vampire

Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

User Image

Is that right........ so the female characters from clannad don't act like children?

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/305513

Demonic Vampire

I Shall Give You NoMercy
Prince Siegfried
Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Masane Amaha
Taiga Aisaka
Lain Iwakura

User Image

Demonic Vampire

Kaeyuki
Prince Siegfried
Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

User Image

Is that right........ so the female characters from clannad don't act like children?

The vision they are seeing is of a first year in highschool, which is like a 10th grader in Japan who's been spoiled and raised as if she were a little girl by her sister, and not to mention by the end of the anime she's been in a coma for about 7-8 years, how the hell do you expect her to act?
Anyways, @OP: I don't hate female characters more than I hate male characters, the only female I hate is Kirino Kousaka and that's it.
Besides jealousy and the fact that the girl gets in the way of stupid pairings and s**t, I think what many girls don't like is how unrealistic some of the characters are, and they ignore the fact that they will never get laid by a freaking cool, suave and charming pretty-boy who are just as irksome and unrealistic as the girls they like to hate on.
But every time I see someone complain about a girl who has no qualities that are worth
complaining about, and that they're a pretty cool person, I want to reach through the screen and punch them in the face.

Witch clip are you referring to? There are 2 of them.

So the thing is that everyone likes different types of characters so there is no need to want to punch someone.

I really don't know were people get the notion that girls are jealous of fictional girls for having the guy that the want to fantasize about. I find it hard to believe that any one actually feels that way.
Though I am not a crazy fan girl myself. I don't read/write fan fiction or sit around RPing, or even shipping characters. I just want to read a good story with good characters. And if i expect a little extra strength and intelligence in my females characters than please forgive me

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Prince Siegfried
I Shall Give You NoMercy
Prince Siegfried
Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried

Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Masane Amaha
Taiga Aisaka
Lain Iwakura

User Image

User Image

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Prince Siegfried
I Shall Give You NoMercy
Well gee, thats not sexist at all. neutral
Sorry to breck it to you hon, but guys can fall into the SAME categorys that you listed as well.
Now stop acting like every single female on the planet is stupid and horrible and that men are the only important, strong, human beings.
Also, I can name TEN strong, amazing female characters on the top of my head. So sorry... WRONG there again.
You dont seem very bright though, so Ill stop here, but you need to get your mind out of the 1950s gutter, hmmmm? And cut that sexist behavor out too, you're embrasssing all actual females here.
rolleyes
Prince Siegfried
Okay this is what I see when I look at female characters. And I will do my best to keep my thoughts organized. please excuse my bad spelling Im dyslexic and spell check can only do so much

Female characters are generic
Whale male characters range from a great number of personalitys, backgrounds, and quirks female characters seem to fall into a few categories.

The Merry Sue, An average school girl who is unpopular with boys, not especially smart, clumsy, may be nerdy, and usually spends her time chasing after or oogoling boys. She is just a representation of how the average teen girl views her self.
Strong and sexy: often use large weapons, often has large breasts, always scantily clad, usually a dominatrix like attitude. not much else to be said here
the mega b***hshe is always a supporting character to an immature male. her job is just to be the lecturing b***h and or to keep in line the lead male. in other words needs protected)
The moe eye candy: she is just there to get her skirt blown up. She is usually VERY stupid. almost retarded seeming. She often dose not know to keep her clothes on or if she dose she always finds a way to loose them. She takes moe to the extreme. She often gets hurt by the enemy and I can even picture her tossing herself in the way of an attack ment for the main male.

there are one or two more that I dont feel like getting into right now I may edit and add them later). But you get my point

The point is that it is very rare to find a female character with any real depth and what is really the worst part is that this often happens with minoritys that they are portrayed in just a few stereotypical ways. But since when, I ask you, is female a minority.

It just saddens me that so many characters can be put into just 4 categories. I would make a better character than any of those fake overused personalitys and I am pretty boring,

You ask why I hate female characters, Its because the people who write them dont even like them. They dont even have a sole or a real personality. Were are the light yagamis or Ls of the female world, were are the Xerxes Breaks .or the Seshomarus

I am not saying that I hate all female characters but I do hate most of them

the point is not that only female characters are generic, I can name many male characters that are. And I hate them. The point is that Few female characters are not generic. I do not hate good female characters, I just like to see some good writing, back stories, trying situations that they can overcome and grow. These are just generalizations about generic female characters. I have a pretty big problem with anything I can predict before it happens. If for example I see a pattern in a story line than the series if dead for me. Yes some men fit loosely into the same categories but not so tightly or so commonly. Because men don't always have to be portrayed as week, naked, or both.

Also sweet heart, I don't think I ever said sexist. I just think they're unlikable.

Have you actually SEEN actual anime that wasn't made in the late 80s? neutral
There's TON of amazing female characters, (and a lot of them are from mainstream stuff mind you,) so I'm just going to guess that you barley watch any recent stuff, or completly look over it for...whatever reason. Just go to the "best female anime character" thread that's on here, (should be on page 1 or 2) and you'll see a bunch that arn't ANYTHING like you described.
So sorry babe, you're wrong there.
But it's okay. I'm nice and I'll forgive you. 4laugh

Fashionable Dabbler

I also think it depends on the genre of the anime, and if the main lead antagonist is male or not. If it is, then usually the whole point of any female character is to make the male lead look good, which of course is going to churn out a shallow female character.
Prince Siegfried
EDITED
Okay this is what I see when I look at female characters. And I will do my best to keep my thoughts organized. please excuse my bad spelling I'm dyslexic and spell check can only do so much

Female characters are generic
Whale male characters range from a great number of personalitys, backgrounds, and quirks female characters seem to fall into a few categories.

The Merry Sue, An average school girl who is unpopular with boys, not especially smart, clumsy, may be nerdy, and usually spends her time chasing after or oogoling boys. She is just a representation of how the average teen girl views her self.
Strong and sexy: often use large weapons, often has large breasts, always scantily clad, usually a dominatrix like attitude. not much else to be said here
the mega b***hshe is always a supporting character to an immature male. her job is just to be the lecturing b***h and or to keep in line the lead male. (in other words needs protected)
The moe eye candy: she is just there to get her skirt blown up. She is usually VERY stupid. almost retarded seeming. She often dose not know to keep her clothes on or if she dose she always finds a way to loose them. She takes moe to the extreme. She often gets hurt by the enemy and I can even picture her tossing herself in the way of an attack ment for the main male.
(in other words needs protected) <<<this belongs down here

there are one or two more that I don't feel like getting into right now (I may edit and add them later). But you get my point

Edit: I am just going to reiterate that I don't hate all female characters that I just hater the ones that are weak, stupid, nude, have unrealistic proportions. And I simply have trouble being fanatical over characters who are uncomplex, have no decent back stories, have no character development through out the series, or are only there to further the plot or agenda of another character.

The point is that it is very rare to find a female character with any real depth and what is really the worst part is that this often happens with minority's that they are portrayed in just a few stereotypical ways. But since when, I ask you, is female a minority.

It just saddens me that so many characters can be put into just 4 categories. I would make a better character than any of those fake overused personality's and I am pretty boring,

You ask why I hate female characters, It's because the people who write them don't even like them. They don't even have a sole or a real personality. Were are the light yagami's or L's of the female world, were are the Xerxes Break's .or the Seshomaru's

I am not saying that I hate all female characters but I do hate most of them

I kind of agree with you actually. I don`t understand why people are getting so hung up on your post. In a lot of animes that I have watched they usually fall under these categories.

But it I think if you looked a little bit harder you`d see that there are actually many well written female leads. Sailor Moon for example, may be a Mary Sue, but she has always been what the teenage girl could relate to. I also thought a Mary Sue was generally a fanficition term but I could be wrong. :O Whinry from FMA also holds a special place in my heart.

I understand though, I have seen MANY annoying female leads.
Just_Oneofakind
Apple Anna
Maudragauda
Apple Anna
I'm sure not all females characters are hated. neutral then again...

I didn't say all female characters are hated, but female characters tend be hated more openly and judged harshly than male characters.

well, that would have to be the creators' fault for making them more whiny or more annoying than the male counterparts. xp

Only to the idiots and their dumb misconceptions.
meh xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces