Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» I need to find a new source for the manga. My original source is behind. ; _ ;

WELL THAT IS CERTAINLY AN INTERESTING DESIGN.

" Shutting down. "

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» I need to find a new source for the manga. My original source is behind. ; _ ;
there's a forum specifically dedicated to the series that really stays up to date on the series. they even came up with a temp scanlation for the latest chapter when it turned out that this chapter was scheduled to come out in Japan the day before Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump came out so it would be an extra week before the official translation was out. it's called The Blue Knight.

that said, I luckily got to check out the official release of the newest chapter on my dad's new Android tablet. (he got it with the multiple Best Buy gift cards I helped him get thru his bank's rewards program; he didn't know at all how to go online and use his points without me helping him, so I got one of them to help me actually afford a game I've been REALLY wanting to play, altho the 3DS version isn't out yet. [********])

Space Genius

Mugetsu Ookamiza
I just noticed... some members of the fandom insist on ordering Yuri's name as Egin Yuri.

I always imagine Yuri is a Jew of Russian ancestry, and she gave birth to Rin and Yukio in Siberia. I know I know, but my mind cannot unlearn Also read that as Yuri Gagarin.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
the new chapter should be coming out any day now. who else can't wait?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
chapter 50 raws are out. looks like this is a bit of a breather compared to the last couple chapters and is doing some buildup for future chapters as well.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Viz's translation of chapter 50 is out now in their most recent issue of their digital Weekly Shonen Jump.

Space Genius

Looks like there will be a licensed simplified Chinese edition of the volumes coming out soon, at a superior quality than traditional Chinese license.
I no long lives in China, but I will throw confetti.
*throws confetti*

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
chapter 51 raws are out. looks like we're starting to get into Izumo's backstory now, so maybe she'll finally wind up on a cover soon.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
we could be getting the translation of it tomorrow, so let's hope. I can't really enjoy it until it's translated properly since my sinus infection (and the meds for it) make looking at poor quality scans (like the raws are) and trying to switch between raws and a text translation majorly headache inducing.

Creeper Bunny

@.@ Translations came out fast on the site I use.
I'm used to reading the chapter a couple days after it comes up in this thread.

I still wanna believe in Shima 'til the end. I WILL BELIEVE~
And it's kinda sad when places get developed all of a sudden.
I know that's a pretty big theme in a lot of anime/manga, soo I'm interested to see Ao no Exocist's interpretation on redevelopment.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
babyl10
@.@ Translations came out fast on the site I use.
I'm used to reading the chapter a couple days after it comes up in this thread.

I still wanna believe in Shima 'til the end. I WILL BELIEVE~
And it's kinda sad when places get developed all of a sudden.
I know that's a pretty big theme in a lot of anime/manga, soo I'm interested to see Ao no Exocist's interpretation on redevelopment.
yeah, since the official release date for the latest Jump Square was the second that put it being released before this week's release of Viz's digital weekly Shonen Jump so it was included in that today.

meanwhile I'm too pissed off to read this new chapter because my friend's niece backstabbed me and all my friend and her parents, her niece's legal guardians, are doing about it is freaking PRAYING ABOUT IT.
Reading the latest chapter makes me think that Kato must have played Beyond: Two Souls or something just because of the whole [thing with Izumo's mother. In Beyond: Two Souls, the heroine's mother -who had the same power as the heroine- was detained by the government and chemically made comatose. With Izumo's mother, the Illuminati experimented with her and did some nightmare fuel type stuff.] I'm sure its just a trope but the oddly-timed coincidence just amuses the s**t out of me.

Oh, the things mangaka must do in between monthly releases. emotion_kirakira

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
l zenitsu l
Reading the latest chapter makes me think that Kato must have played Beyond: Two Souls or something just because of the whole [thing with Izumo's mother. In Beyond: Two Souls, the heroine's mother -who had the same power as the heroine- was detained by the government and chemically made comatose. With Izumo's mother, the Illuminati experimented with her and did some nightmare fuel type stuff.] I'm sure its just a trope but the oddly-timed coincidence just amuses the s**t out of me.

Oh, the things mangaka must do in between monthly releases. emotion_kirakira
I still need to read the translation, still too much drama for me to properly enjoy it. I did read a rough text translation, but yeah, given some of the pics I've seen show up on Kato's twitter (such as her occasional drawings of video game related art) it's possible. (and it will probably be a few more days at least until I do read it because I got sick of silence and "now's not a good time" when I tried to bring it up, I asked when a good time would be, then they told me off saying they believe her, gave some lame excuse about how maybe my pets hid my missing games, and when I told them I didn't want my friend's niece over anymore they basically said if that's the case they didn't want to associate with me anymore...)

Space Genius

emotion_hug Dang, what happened?
My lie detector is tingling. Shima most likely did it for the cameras.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
dear gods this thing with my (now EX) friend is a pain...

my friend called me a while ago because while she was playing Pokemon Y just as she was ready to go battle the E4 her Yveltal and Blaziken went missing, she asked her niece if that happened to her because her niece also has the game and told my friend, yes, it's normal, it happened to her and she got her missing pokemon back after defeating them. she asked if it happened to me and I was like no, I never even heard of that happening and my friend was like "well, you have X and we have Y so maybe it's a Y only thing" and told me to look it up for her online. I'm pretty sure something is going on there, but I decide to humor her and check, so she calls back a little later and I tell her what I find and she's like "try checking a little more."

well, the other day she comes over with her niece saying she had a question. well, her niece wants to look at my games and I've talked with her about trading pokemon with her so I'm assuming she wants to see what games I have so she can figure out what she wants from me. besides, it would be stupidly obvious to pull something like snitch games right after you just looked at with the person who owns them anyway.

well, I couldn't get my friend to come into the room my niece was in with me and not knowing more had been going on than just the two missing pokemon at that point I walked over to quickly answer my friend's question... which was about the missing pokemon AGAIN. she probably didn't want her niece to hear it because she didn't want to hurt her niece's feelings or something. I tell her that's not normal, there's not even no known bug that could cause it that I've been able to find, that I asked on several sites and googled it like crazy and then hurried back.

I get back just in time to see her niece set something down on the table by my bed and I go over telling them I wanted to move one of the games I'd put in the old DS case back into the case it came in and noticed when I unzipped the pocket I had 4 GBA games in and some DS games that they were messier than I'd left them and all but 2 of the DS games were missing, the only two left were the copy of Fossil Fighters my friend got me (because she thought I'd love it since I like pokemon games AND paleontology) and my Ace Attorney game.

so of course I start asking about what happened because not 5 minutes before I had them in my hands and put them back where they were and now they're gone and my friend's niece is using the fact she's practically family to pull this whole "you know I wouldn't do something like this to you" act and my friend is looking annoyed, and since she's not coming clean and they weren't in her pockets what could I do? I had them hang around as long as I could while I looked around my bed where she was in case she'd dropped them just in case and they wind up hurrying back to her house.

not long after they left I looked at my old DS and noticed my copy of Pokemon Black that had still been in there was gone too, and there was no way that could have dropped as the DS I got preowned and there's a little trick to taking the games out of it, it's easy as heck to figure out but it makes it a little harder than normal for them to come out so there was no way that could have accidentally fallen.

so I call her house, talk to her dad (since her parents are the legal guardians of that niece and her two brothers) and tell them what happened and they said they'll see what they can do. a while later my friend calls me and says they couldn't find them on her and I asked if they checked her socks or something because I already checked her normal pockets. well, she they hadn't, they'd just checked her pockets and the hood on her hoodie and that she'd be right over to help me look for my games "where they must have fallen."

at least half an hour of looking later my friend admits she can't find them then goes on to tell me about several questionable incidents involving her niece and video games, including the time she caught her niece with two of her brother's GBA pokemon games and her niece told her that she found them in her younger brother's dirty clothes and was going to bring them back to her older brother. my friend then adds "she didn't really look like she wanted to give them back." so I bring up the whole missing pokemon thing again and my friend is in total denial that her niece may have done something because she just says "well, I must accidentally released them."

so while I'm trying to get her to see there's an issue here and my games aren't here and her niece was the last one alone with them she's just telling me "well, I don't know what happened..." and "all we can do is pray about it" and shutting me down as being too angry while I'm trying to calmly but firmly tell her that this isn't acceptable. because really, it's not, because there's a problem here and it's not just my missing Pokemon games either. they're letting her niece get away with stealing, they're letting her blame her younger brother when she's caught, her older brother is missing games, my friend is missing games, and all I'm hearing from them is they're twiddling their thumbs and praying.

so I'm trying to press the issue because this whole thing isn't good for anyone and I'm periodically trying to ask how it's going on their end and they're either not replying to me or telling me "now's not a good time." so last night I pressed a little harder and my friend blew up at me, told my her niece was innocent, that I should start believing her and drop this whole thing. so I asked what they think happened, that either my games magically disappeared or I'm lying to them, and THEY suggest my pets hid them. so, fed up with that I decide to let it drop and tell her the last thing I needed to say, that for now her niece wasn't welcome over at my house, not until I know what happened to my missing games.

THAT set them off and they indicated that if that was they case they may not want anything to do with me.

so I'm upset over that, I get drunk off my a** last night, unfriend my friend and her family (barring her oldest nephew as the way I see it he's another victim in this mess) and make an uncannily eloquent rant for someone as drunk as I was on my facebook page, then go to get even drunker while playing visual novels on the other computer and crash for the night.

and so today I get a formal statement from them thru facebook's PM system that I am no longer welcome in their home, not while this chaos is going on, and implicated all I need to do to find those games is clean around my bed. (like I hadn't. I freaking wanted to be wrong about her niece taking them and tried to prove myself wrong!) I pretty much told her I'd clean around my bed if she learned to use the thing in her head... which ended with her telling me off for being stubborn and not believing her niece then going offline.

so... yeah... no way I'll be able to properly enjoy the new chapter for a while... not having just lost my relationship with the friend I grew up with, who was almost like a sister to me, and her family, which was practically an extension of my family to me and treated me as if I was part of their family... all because they refuse to see my friend's niece has a problem and deal with it.

sure, I'm being a bit stubborn here, but I'm like an aunt to those three kids and I can't stand seeing them let her get away with this kind of stuff and keep this up until she REALLY lands herself in trouble and see her brothers suffer because of it. SOMEONE needs to be a responsible adult in this mess and I was the only one willing to try to be that since they want to pretend everything is all sunshine and rainbows.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff