Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

First, Attack on Titan. Now, Blue Exorcist.

Must be bad mom week.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
l zenitsu l
First, Attack on Titan. Now, Blue Exorcist.

Must be bad mom week.
yeah, looks that way. I've only looked at the raws and read a summary of the latest AoEx chapter yet, tho. my stomach was doing bad enough yesterday I skipped having coffee or tea so I've got to wait until I finish my coffee and my caffeine withdrawl headache (altho part of it MAY be a sinus headache as well) goes away before I can properly enjoy reading the translation (I also need to get off my bum and get up to date on the Attack on Titan manga, too).

Partying Reveler

So basically all this s**t could have been avoided if there mom wasn't such a shallow b***h ?

I feel so bad for Izumo, i've known to many people who b***h's for mothers. Rather keep a man than take care of there ******** children. Izumo use to get on my nerves, now i can't help but feel bad for her and her sister.
Neon Wasteland
So basically all this s**t could have been avoided if there mom wasn't such a shallow b***h ?

I feel so bad for Izumo, i've known to many people who b***h's for mothers. Rather keep a man than take care of there ******** children. Izumo use to get on my nerves, now i can't help but feel bad for her and her sister.

And apparently, everything would have been better if Izumo was cuter too. Its a shame she's not moe enough for anybody.

Yeah, my first impressions of her were just the bitchy tsundere Asuka-type character. Now, I don't know what to feel anymore. At least that doctor guy seems trustworthy. He'll make everything better.

jk

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I'd like to take a moment to point out someone translated part from volume 11 that concerns facts about the characters. (I'll link the source to where I found it on tumblr since the forum they got it from does occasionally offer scanlation downloads)

Quote:
-Angel’s middle initial is A, not O. The times when it was O were typos.
-Angel is half English and half French. He and Lightning are canonically multilingual (Angel claims to have dabbled in 8 languages!). They are actually literally speaking Japanese in their scenes. Not just for the reader’s convenience. We’re just gonna go with the explanation that all the foreign exorcists are good with languages because it is, in Lightning’s words, “cooler that way.”
-Rin sleeps with his eyes open. A lot. It creeps Yukio right out.
-The sandwich Shiemi eats in Chapter 46 is made of herbs from her garden. It was “bitter, but good for you. Probably.”
-Paku is doing fine in regular school despite seeing demons all the time, thanks for asking.
-You can get TO cram school with magic keys, but you have to take the long way back unless you have a key for your next destination.
-Rin is the easiest character for Katou-sensei to draw. Angel is hardest because hair is hard. Lightning is also kind of hard because she’s not used to him yet. She can’t pick a favorite character because she’s spent years of her life developing and identifying with each and every one.
-Mephisto is impressed that you noticed how his fingernails only look pointy when he’s not wearing gloves. But you shouldn’t worry too much about it. He’s a shapeshifter and he can do whatever he wants.
-If you want to know what class everyone is in in regular school, you’re gonna have to figure it out yourself from the school festival scenes. The information is there.
-As previously covered, Godaiin’s given name is Sei. He apologizes for it.
-Yes, Amaimon’s face was smoking when he came out of the cuckoo clock in volume 10, just like it was when he went into the cuckoo clock in volume 4. Yes, this is because time is meaningless inside the cuckoo clock.
-Caliburn, Angel’s sword, is a trans woman in the manga despite being a cis woman in the anime. It doesn’t matter to Angel whether his sword is a man or a woman. But don’t get your hopes up, Caliburn, he probably didn’t mean that in QUITE the way you think he meant it. Angel’s kind of dense.
-You have to recite a demon’s Fatal Verse word for word. Unless you’re really good. Like, Lightning good. Then you can freestyle abbreviate it.
-Mephisto will neither confirm nor deny that he is the Mephistopheles from Goethe’s Faust.
-If you can’t see demons, can you see Rin’s tail etc? The answer is SURPRISINGLY COMPLICATED. Rin says regular people can’t see the flames. They CAN see the ears, fangs, and tail, but no one seems to mention it. They don’t notice much. Then Mephisto talks about perception and the human brain and inattentional blindness for long enough that he has to be cut off.
-How’d you like the cross-dressing, guys? Rin: It was funny! Suguro: I feel like I lost a part of myself that day. I don’t want to do it again. Konekomaru: Agrees with Suguro. Shima: I thought I was really cute but not as cute as real girls lol. Yukio: It was part of the mission.
-If the twins are complete opposites, how is Yukio’s cooking? Is it edible? Well, he doesn’t really cook much at all. It’s totally not because he cut himself as a child and is afraid of chopping stuff NO IT’S NOT SHUT UP RIN.
-Yes, twelve-year-old fan, it is okay if your original story copies Blue Exorcist a lot. But once you become a manga author yourself, you’ll need to branch out. You’ll understand when you’re older.

(source)

Partying Reveler

l zenitsu l
Neon Wasteland

And apparently, everything would have been better if Izumo was cuter too. Its a shame she's not moe enough for anybody.

Yeah, my first impressions of her were just the bitchy tsundere Asuka-type character. Now, I don't know what to feel anymore. At least that doctor guy seems trustworthy. He'll make everything better.

jk

Fox demon's and there priorities. I always thought she was cute, just bitchy. Though i guess the eyebrows are a bit dramatic. lol , yes put your faith in doctor man he totes has your back .

Partying Reveler

Mugetsu Ookamiza
I'd like to take a moment to point out someone translated part from volume 11 that concerns facts about the characters. (I'll link the source to where I found it on tumblr since the forum they got it from does occasionally offer scanlation downloads)

Quote:
-Angel is half English and half French. He and Lightning are canonically multilingual (Angel claims to have dabbled in 8 languages!). They are actually literally speaking Japanese in their scenes. Not just for the reader’s convenience. We’re just gonna go with the explanation that all the foreign exorcists are good with languages because it is, in Lightning’s words, “cooler that way.”
-The sandwich Shiemi eats in Chapter 46 is made of herbs from her garden. It was “bitter, but good for you. Probably.”
-Paku is doing fine in regular school despite seeing demons all the time, thanks for asking.
-You can get TO cram school with magic keys, but you have to take the long way back unless you have a key for your next destination.
-Rin is the easiest character for Katou-sensei to draw. Angel is hardest because hair is hard. Lightning is also kind of hard because she’s not used to him yet. She can’t pick a favorite character because she’s spent years of her life developing and identifying with each and every one.
-Mephisto is impressed that you noticed how his fingernails only look pointy when he’s not wearing gloves. But you shouldn’t worry too much about it. He’s a shapeshifter and he can do whatever he wants.
-If you want to know what class everyone is in in regular school, you’re gonna have to figure it out yourself from the school festival scenes. The information is there.
-Yes, Amaimon’s face was smoking when he came out of the cuckoo clock in volume 10, just like it was when he went into the cuckoo clock in volume 4. Yes, this is because time is meaningless inside the cuckoo clock.
-Caliburn, Angel’s sword, is a trans woman in the manga despite being a cis woman in the anime. It doesn’t matter to Angel whether his sword is a man or a woman. But don’t get your hopes up, Caliburn, he probably didn’t mean that in QUITE the way you think he meant it. Angel’s kind of dense.
-You have to recite a demon’s Fatal Verse word for word. Unless you’re really good. Like, Lightning good. Then you can freestyle abbreviate it.
-Mephisto will neither confirm nor deny that he is the Mephistopheles from Goethe’s Faust.
-If you can’t see demons, can you see Rin’s tail etc? The answer is SURPRISINGLY COMPLICATED. Rin says regular people can’t see the flames. They CAN see the ears, fangs, and tail, but no one seems to mention it. They don’t notice much. Then Mephisto talks about perception and the human brain and inattentional blindness for long enough that he has to be cut off.
-How’d you like the cross-dressing, guys? Rin: It was funny! Suguro: I feel like I lost a part of myself that day. I don’t want to do it again. Konekomaru: Agrees with Suguro. Shima: I thought I was really cute but not as cute as real girls lol. Yukio: It was part of the mission.
-If the twins are complete opposites, how is Yukio’s cooking? Is it edible? Well, he doesn’t really cook much at all. It’s totally not because he cut himself as a child and is afraid of chopping stuff NO IT’S NOT SHUT UP RIN.
-Yes, twelve-year-old fan, it is okay if your original story copies Blue Exorcist a lot. But once you become a manga author yourself, you’ll need to branch out. You’ll understand when you’re older.

(source)

That last bit was cute , it's always good to see author's acknowledge young writer's and are okay with them writing stories like there's , but also telling them that they have to use there own imagination if they wanna be taken seriously.

I didn't know Angel's sword was trans women, interesting fact. Wonder how other fan's will take this. I hope they don't take this and blow it up like other canon gay, lesbian , trans characters. Be like Angel and don't care , care about the story .

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Quote:

(source)

That last bit was cute , it's always good to see author's acknowledge young writer's and are okay with them writing stories like there's , but also telling them that they have to use there own imagination if they wanna be taken seriously.

I didn't know Angel's sword was trans women, interesting fact. Wonder how other fan's will take this. I hope they don't take this and blow it up like other canon gay, lesbian , trans characters. Be like Angel and don't care , care about the story .
I just wanna see what those who gagship Angel with his sword make of this now.
also... the bit about Yukio and cooking rofl

Creeper Bunny

Hmmm... that Maria looked a lot like Shiemi...
I love this show and I hope it gets dubbed for release. I am so behind for anime news. smile

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
pallada
I love this show and I hope it gets dubbed for release. I am so behind for anime news. smile
it's actually been dubbed for a little while now. the dub first came out on Viz's NeonAlley service and back in September the second of the two hybrid (dub and sub, unlike the previous sub-only DVD release it got) sets of it on DVD and BD came out. additionally Toonami's going to start airing it in March.

Space Genius

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces