Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
and now for some Rin looking adorable...

User Image

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Bon looks slightly terrifying. I never really pictured him one to look good cross-dressing but wow, Bon... D: Yukio looks kind of boring, but Rin is adorable. <3

Also somehow I got the "timid" achievement while making this post. confused

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Bon looks slightly terrifying. I never really pictured him one to look good cross-dressing but wow, Bon... D: Yukio looks kind of boring, but Rin is adorable. <3

Also somehow I got the "timid" achievement while making this post. confused
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yeah, he looks rather pissed off about being in drag.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I found a chapter 41 summary

While cooking breakfast, Rin reprimands Yukio (you read that right) for not answering his texts, as he needs to know whether Yuki needs grub or lunch, etc. Yukio says lately he's been very busy; the number of clients visiting the Order's Consultation Services is still on the rise. Rin asks if this is related to the Seven School Mysteries, to which Yukio says probably, investigations are under way.

Rin: "That means there are more people like Godaiin. If we solve the School Mysteries according to Mephisto's task, this mess gets cleared up, right? I'll definitely clear them and give Godaiin the eye medicine. Heck, just pass the medicine out to everybody!"
Yukio: "Must be nice to be so simplistic, big brother."

As Yukio is about to leave, Rin asks him if he's hiding something. Yukio denies it, but Rin says when he's all smiley he's being secretive. Yukio departs; Kuro tells Rin that he is most certainly hiding something, based on his smell. Then Shiemi pops in, asking where Yuki-chan is; Rin says most likely he left for cram school, is it something about today's mission?

Shiemi: "That's not it! Umm ... I'll tell you if everything goes all right!"
Rin: "!? What's with everyone ... good luck/do your best on your mission today!"
Shiemi: "Thanks, I'll do my best! You too, Rin!" (What a dazzling smile~)

Rin meets up with Bon and Co., depressed that he couldn't even take down a measly ghost. Shima laughs about Yukio-sensei's homework ("critically assess your weak points/problems and set goals for yourself" wink , saying that he'd erased his memories clean from yesterday (Bon: "You're the one who needs to fix their problems the most!" wink . Koneko wonders who Takara really is; Bon informs them that his real name is Takara Nemu, he's the son of the CEO of the toy-making company Takara Hobby, and he's a second year (so one year above them). While everyone geeks out over this new information, Bon asks Koneko if he's feeling all right, as he doesn't seem as sprightly as usual. Koneko dodges this question, says he's all right, and wonders if Shiemi+Izumo will be okay on their mission today.

THe night before, Yukio assigns the girls with Mission 3, the girl's bathroom case. As Izumo lives in the girls' dorm, she explains that in the northern bathroom on the sixth floor, some third years recently did a test of courage (kimo-dameshi) and got locked in; when they were finally rescued they were in a nearly soulless state (as if their souls have been sucked out), and are currently on leave of absence from school. Yukio adds that unlike the okama, this ghost is a truly malicious and evil customer; on top of that, it only appears in front of girls, which means Shiemi and Izumo will be fighting it by themselves. Shiemi says let's do our best, Kamiki-san! Izumo turns on her Alpha b***h mode and snaps that she will be doing most of the offensive fighting, as Shiemi is more suited to healing and defense, and who'd want to team up with her anyway! Yukio sternly reminds Izumo to learn from the boys' poor performance against the previous battle, and cooperate with her team member.

Later, Izumo asks Paku on what she should do; Paku notes that ever since summer vacation, Izumo has been irritated by the fact that Shiemi had saved her on the mountain. Paku asks why Izumo dislikes Shiemi, as the latter isn't one who'd hurt Izumo or anything; Izumo snaps that she doesn't need a reason for hating someone, and that she doesn't want to be friendly/close to anybody else other than Paku.

Izumo: "You know as well as I do, Paku - that I have a goal." (Does this mean we're finally getting to her past? Awesome~)

Back to the present: the girls are told to proceed to the sixth floor bathroom ahead of the boys, as the latter group does preparations. Izumo summons her Byakko foxes, both of which are sullen and rather uncooperative; they'd been whisked away in the middle of a festival and enjoying the shrine offerings. As the girls leave, Rin asks Yukio what they're going to do; Yukio says they'll be acting under Lord Pheles' directions.

The girls enter the ultra-fancy bathroom; the boys arrive shortly thereafter as well, and Yukio directs them to fight while the boys stay behind the wall. While checking the stalls, Izumo resolves to pay her debts towards Shiemi from the Kyoto mission. Shiemi soon finds a locked stall and the girls confront it; the evil spirit turns out to be a foul-mouthed manifestation of the female students' evil/ugly thoughts (spouting jealousy and bullying/hurtful words). I'm too lazy to translate the whole fight ... basically Izumo calls upon the Byakko, but the foxes go on strike; the spirit tries to strangle Izumo with its hair-tentacles but gets repelled by Giant Ewok Niichan's Flower Power; Shiemi has Niichan produce some rice plants to appease the foxes (they're Inari spirits, after all) and get their help; the evil spirit starts choking Shiemi and the foxes finally help out with Izumo's spell, destroying the ghost. Shiemi thanks Izumo and Izumo reciprocates, albeit reluctantly.

Then we are treated to the delightful sight of the male students (Yukio-sensei included) cross-dressing and applauding the girls on their victory (turns out this was what their "preparations" were for). While Izumo dissolves into hysterical laughter, Yuki-Neechan ponders that there's no way the evil ghost was on the loose all this time; normally it would've just fulfilled the role of one of the Seven Mysteries, as opposed to actually harming the students.

Meanwhile in Russia, Mephisto casts a spell involving giant keys and a pentacle (Keys to the Kingdom, anyone?), using his powers as the Lord of Time to temporarily halt the Gehenna Gate's spread. He informs the Angelic Legion, however, that even he cannot stop time forever; his spell would only last for 4 or 5 months. The global rise of consultations with exorcists is the direct result of the Gate opening and Gehenna influencing Assiah, and they must quickly determine who their enemy is. Lighting calls BS and says there's only one organization with such scientific/financial power to be responsible; the Daystar (or Venus?) Association: Illuminati.

Chapter ends with Toudou entering a bedchamber and congratulating the Leader/Commander on opening the Gehenna Gate. The Leader (who appears to be quite ill or old) thanks him.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
also, according to a couple ANN articles Blue Exorcist made it to the top 20 this year in the Japanese list of bestselling manga by series. it didn't rank 3rd like last year, but considering how many manga get sold in Japan each year 18th place still isn't that bad.

volumes 8 and 9 also made it onto the top 20 in the Japanese list of bestselling manga by volume, with 8 at 13th place and 9 at 16th.

Space Genius

Haven't paid attention to the thread recently, except the plushy comments (I just read the last comment and replied). Still busy IRL.
Seriously? They are having a reboot/season two? I know it is just rumor, but this is too good to be true....

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Haven't paid attention to the thread recently, except the plushy comments (I just read the last comment and replied). Still busy IRL.
Seriously? They are having a reboot/season two? I know it is just rumor, but this is too good to be true....
I've seen no official word on a season 2/reboot and it seems too early for a reboot to be announced anyway. I can, however, see people who haven't been paying attention mistaking the movie trailer for a promo for a second season.

Space Genius

Reading the scans....and HOLY **** IT IS ILLUMINATI! First, we have CERN, and then Mephy being a Time Lord, and then the Illuminati? When is NASA going to turn up?
Also read the ANN top 20 list. Uchuu Kyodai is on it, and placed 4th? *faith in humanity restored*

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Reading the scans....and HOLY **** IT IS ILLUMINATI! First, we have CERN, and then Mephy being a Time Lord, and then the Illuminati? When is NASA going to turn up?
Also read the ANN top 20 list. Uchuu Kyodai is on it, and placed 4th? *faith in humanity restored*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yeah, she's really starting to draw on more stuff than just demon-related lore/myth. that's kind of nice. I do wonder what other things she's going to draw from later on in the manga. I swear, the more chapters come out the more I end up loving this series.

and I like how Inu X Boku S.S. made it in the top 20, too. I'm rather fond of how Fujiwara Cocoa makes shonen works that appeal just as much to the shojo demographic as the shonen one. they're practically multidemographic works even if they do come from shonen magazines.

Partying Reveler

Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yeah, she's really starting to draw on more stuff than just demon-related lore/myth. that's kind of nice. I do wonder what other things she's going to draw from later on in the manga. I swear, the more chapters come out the more I end up loving this series.

and I like how Inu X Boku S.S. made it in the top 20, too. I'm rather fond of how Fujiwara Cocoa makes shonen works that appeal just as much to the shojo demographic as the shonen one. they're practically multidemographic works even if they do come from shonen magazines.

Inu X Boku S.S made the Top 20 ?

Nice, i love that manga , though the direction it's going now is ... i don't know what the ******** is going on lol.

I haven't been in here forever ;_; I just notice the Chp. 41 scantalation . I saw it and had to come here . I really don't wanna read the description i'm trying to keep myself spoiler free. But i saw Crossdressing Bon and had the biggest eek face. I will say Shima looks rather attractive as a female and do they have boobs ?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada

About ******** time. D:<
I'm just wondering when Izumo will get to be on the cover already. at this rate I'm wondering if we're going to wind up with Takara and/or Angel on a volume cover before her...

this IS a nice cover, tho. I do admit.

Partying Reveler

That cover is ******** fantastic !!

I'm still waiting for Volume 7 and 8 i ordered. Hopefully Thursday i get them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff