Welcome to Gaia! ::

OP is pretty Bro-tier to make a thread out of the most glorious sub-genre of sci-fi. Props. emotion_brofist

Also have you seen Blue comet Layzner?

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Uh can't say that I have, but I looked it up. Looks interesting. Shame the license for american release expired.

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Xilos_0
GunSstray
Requiem in Mortis
I have enjoyed exactly two mecha anime- Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Just never found any others all that appealing.

Not even Star Driver mate. This s**t hole loved it.

Any date on the movie yet?

Nope. I haven't seen any release date yet.
I really wish I could be interested into mecha anime, but for some reason I never was able to get into them at all. I would go to watch one, but I never just felt myself get into it. I felt bored, so I would end up not watching it any more.

I guess the one that I got closest to getting into was Zoids.

I'd love to give Macross Frontier a shot, but once again I can't bring myself to do it...
It's not that I don't like mecha. I just wish there were better characters and better plots for it. I watched Code Geass and Eureka 7, and I watched a little bit of Gundam as well. I only liked Code Geass out of those three listed (but even then some of the characters I couldn't stand). It really depends on plot and characters

Kawaii Lunatic

I don't mind a good mecha where the mechas aren't the main thing.
Like Code Geass with it's loveable cast of characters.
Or Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan with it's equally loveable cast.
Tiger & Bunny (which isn't technically mecha, is it? I mean, it's more of battle suits than giant robots).

But yeah, I'll watch a mecha if I like the characters and storyline.

I grew up watching Balatack. 80's mecha at it's finest.
Good times, good times.
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Celeste Haliburton
It's not that I don't like mecha. I just wish there were better characters and better plots for it. I watched Code Geass and Eureka 7, and I watched a little bit of Gundam as well. I only liked Code Geass out of those three listed (but even then some of the characters I couldn't stand). It really depends on plot and characters

Actually, there's a decent number of mecha series that Does have a great cast. I think you should stop looking at well known series and verge on the more obscure ones.

Like, say Daitarn 3, GINGUISER! and Xabungle

When I have time, I will look those up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas