Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xilos_0
Kind of sad really but hey if people prefer that shoujo s**t about bishounen's, yaoi, or god forbid those tsundere loli's more power to them.

It's just disappointing not many people actually post about Mecha anime. Well...Topics about something other then Gundam...I mean damn so it's a meta-series and there's a new one every couple or years, depending if there are two seasons or not...

The fact of the matter is I would love to see people discussing Super robot animes like Mazinger or rather Mazinkaiser SKL, anything from the brave series, Godannar, hell even GunxSword I thnk is a super robot anime.

Again I'm not a super robot fanboy.....Well okay I am but I do have much love for the real robots.

Dude I just recently watched the vision of escaflowne series twice + the movie like 5 times last month
Deffinitely one of my top 5 animes

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
After I watched Gurren Lagann every other mecha anime seemed boring to me. I tried to watch other stuff like Gundam, but it's all so boring. The characters spend more time talking than fighting in their mechs. Call me simple-minded or whatever, but I want to see robots fighting, not the boring guy inside of it talking about crap. Heck, you know that American cartoon Megas XLR? I think I'd put that above most mecha anime I've seen. Why? Because not only are the fight scenes in Megas cool, the main character is also likeable.

I can feel the searing hatred from the mech anime fans already.
i think thats because most people take gundam and most of the contrast for mecha anime. it sorta spoils them on it.

6,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
eh Gurren Laggan and Gundam were the only i really liked

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Kind of sad really but hey if people prefer that shoujo s**t about bishounen's, yaoi, or god forbid those tsundere loli's more power to them.

It's just disappointing not many people actually post about Mecha anime. Well...Topics about something other then Gundam...I mean damn so it's a meta-series and there's a new one every couple or years, depending if there are two seasons or not...

The fact of the matter is I would love to see people discussing Super robot animes like Mazinger or rather Mazinkaiser SKL, anything from the brave series, Godannar, hell even GunxSword I thnk is a super robot anime.

Again I'm not a super robot fanboy.....Well okay I am but I do have much love for the real robots.

Well it looks like you haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion yet. Watch that first, then you'll see that all other robot shows are s**t.

I've seen NGE I own the first two rebuild movies on dvd, and there are far better mecha shows then that I can promise you that.

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
10_Ace_of_Spades
what other kind of mecha anime is there. the only ones i know of are gundum and patrol labor

Mazinkaiser SKL
Shin getter robo vs neo getter robo
shin getter robo apocalypse
Eureka seven
Gaogaigar, and it's ova Gaogaigar Final
Saint knight's tale or Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Sousei no Aquarion
Aquarion Evol
Rahxephon
Godannar
Giant robo
Macross
Macross 7
I don't recommend frontier, Didn't like it so much
Gravion

To quote myself on the front page. There's plenty more where that came from though I don't think I could list them all...

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0

Well it looks like you haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion yet. Watch that first, then you'll see that all other robot shows are s**t.

Giant dickless humans in spandex suits isn't mecha. Get your s**t right. Oh and if this guy wants a deep psychological anime. Then he can go watch Argento Soma or Nadeisco.They dont compare to Eva.

Well it looks like another person didn't get Evangelion. Or maybe you don't want to get it. Is it to strong for your mind? What part didn't you get?

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Xilos_0
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0

I've seen NGE I own the first two rebuild movies on dvd, and there are far better mecha shows then that I can promise you that.

Have you seen the original show? The show is way deeper. And don't compare the show to the movies. The show is better. Watch them, then come back and talk to me.

And there are no other mecha shows better than Evangelion.

Like Hideaki Anno said, "There is nothing newer than Evangelion."

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0

Have you seen the original show? The show is way deeper. And don't compare the show to the movies. The show is better. Watch them, then come back and talk to me.

And there are no other mecha shows better than Evangelion.

Like Hideaki Anno said, "There is nothing newer than Evangelion."

Reread what I said. I said I've seen NGE. The show not the movies. I own the movies. Toji was the pilot of unit 03 not Asuka. Shinji rejected instrumentality at the end of the series though he caused third impact in the end of evangelion.

Evangelion came out in '95. There have been quite a number of mecha anime since it's release. And he probably only said it back when it first came out.

Gaogaigar which came out a year after NGE was done was a much bigger success and has many more fans. Hell the ova's for older shows like Mazinkaiser and shin getter robo apocalypse were better then evangelion.

The whole concept of NGE was nice for a bit but the main character was weak in personality and the supporting characters were crap too. The best part of the show was when they were actually fighting. All the emotional issues that followed just dragged it down. Which is probably why I like the manga adaptation and the movies.

Distinct Dabbler

Break Blade or Broken Blade has mecha but slightly more primative.

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
29ghtian6iapl1-5g9s71jgbs
Break Blade or Broken Blade has mecha but slightly more primitive.

Seen it and loved it.

18,825 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Edward 100
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!!! Best giant robo anime ever!!!! (in my opinion)

Aged Member

watch getter robo and you will forever be in love with mecha anime.

too much high power cannon man!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces