Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Reveler

Shipping is fine but I hate that no one I know save one person likes Hetalia for Hetalia. They like it for the shipping opportunities. =/ I went on omegle the other day under Hetalia to find people to talk about Hetalia with. It's nothing but roleplayers looking for quick smut.Like jeez I just want to talk about the actual series? Can't we do that????

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Tsuki_Kirkland
Not really,
gonk Not even your OWN country...pajeebus...

Weisser Ritter
Shipping is fine but I hate that no one I know save one person likes Hetalia for Hetalia. They like it for the shipping opportunities. =/ I went on omegle the other day under Hetalia to find people to talk about Hetalia with. It's nothing but roleplayers looking for quick smut.Like jeez I just want to talk about the actual series? Can't we do that????
Then welcome my friend, you're in the right thread.

Right now topics are a little dry but once the new season gets started (OMG, ONE WEEK YOU GUYS!!) I'm sure there'll be plenty to talk about.

In the meantime if there's anything you'd like to discuss just mention it. 8 D We're pretty open here.
Weisser Ritter

Welcome, my child. emotion_hug
I made this thread with a no roleplay rule for a reason! emotion_yatta

Witty Capitalist

I was looking through my old favorites on Youtube and found this beautiful MAD.

How could I forget about this video? emotion_kirakira

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Weisser Ritter

Omegle doesn't exactly have the best reputation. I know people who show the Rp'ers and screen cap them for fun if they're hilariously bad.

As a Hetalia Rp'er myself, I don't think there is anything wrong with Rp'ing it, but there is a time and a place for it...

^^ Rai has made this our place to discuss the series only.

Is there anything you'd like to contribute? Do you have any head-canon, or alternate analysis of canon? I'd love to hear your theories.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
The Hetalia website has been updated with news.

<.<;; Apparently a bookmark and book cover are being released today (Jan 18th).
Book Covering:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And bookmark:
I dunno if I got that right. If anyone else can confirm that it is that would be great.
Whatever it is it seems only Italy is available right now.

Also a release date has been set for the DVD of Beautiful World (Hetalia Season Five). The first of four DVDs in Japan will be available for purchase starting April 24th, 2013.

There will be a few special additions with special features.

On the DVDs there will be:
->Five episodes from the series (meaning there will be 20 episodes all together + four bonuses)
->One unaired episode
->Two recorded songs (on of which will be the new theme song by any given character)
->Cast Interviews
->A special addition card drawn by Hima.
->a special booklet (art book maybe?)
->Picture labels.
->A discount ticket for purchasing another volume (that's the best I could understand what was written).

Sale Dates:
Vol 1: April 24th, 2013
Vol 2: June 26th, 2013
Vol 3: August 28th, 2013
Vol 4: October 30th, 2013

These dates are subject to change if necessary.

<.<;; Oh and did anyone else notice the Eiffel Tower on the Splash and main page of the official website?

~*~
Edit:
XD Did you guys know there's a book with molds and stuff for making heta-sweets? XD HAHA.

Oh, the SWEETS book is a book with pictures/recipes that are hetalia based:

Apparently there's also a new Hetalia Birdz comic coming out January 30th.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Prodigious_girl

I like America, but I like the show for the show. I don’t see the need to ship the characters when you can just enjoy the show as is and not worry about which character likes which .

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Tsuki_Kirkland
Prodigious_girl

I like America, but I like the show for the show. I don’t see the need to ship the characters when you can just enjoy the show as is and not worry about which character likes which .
(shrugs) Shipping is just additional fun. It's not like I watch episodes for the sake of finding evidence for my pairing anything.

You can enjoy the show for what it is and enjoy pairings in a separate sphere... = P But of course that's for us fans that aren't crazy, yaoi-obsessed, need to write sex non-stop fans who can see the value in other types of relationships between characters.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Prodigious_girl
Tsuki_Kirkland
Prodigious_girl

(shrugs) Shipping is just additional fun. It's not like I watch episodes for the sake of finding evidence for my pairing anything.

You can enjoy the show for what it is and enjoy pairings in a separate sphere... = P But of course that's for us fans that aren't crazy, yaoi-obsessed, need to write sex non-stop fans who can see the value in other types of relationships between characters.

True, I suppose it can just be additional fun for those who really care about it. I’d still rather just watch the show for the show though.
Prodigious_girl
Tsuki_Kirkland
Prodigious_girl

Yeah what she said ^
I watch the show for the show and it's great. The shipping's just extra. You can do both.
I don't watch the show to ship.
But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna scream and cry during some scenes over how perfect my OTP is... ninja

Distinct Genius

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Prince Raivis
But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna scream and cry during some scenes over how perfect my OTP is... ninja

This ^^^^^

The bookmark that they previewed on the Hetalia site looks pretty cute.

& 5 days left til season 5~ Super excited now that I know I'll be able to watch them on the Funi site. As long as they don't make the simulcast episodes only available to their elite subscriber people, that is. stressed

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
VerWJill
Prince Raivis

This ^^^^^

The bookmark that they previewed on the Hetalia site looks pretty cute.

& 5 days left til season 5~ Super excited now that I know I'll be able to watch them on the Funi site. As long as they don't make the simulcast episodes only available to their elite subscriber people, that is. stressed
I'll probably just watch it on youtube or another site that streams episodes... I dunno, I'm not sure Funimation allow people outside the US to watch stuff on their site (which sucks considering they often buy distribution rights for Canada...so they should allow Canadian audiences to watch it too...). But I haven't been on their webpage in a while so maybe it's changed.

Rainbow Borg

13,400 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I’m excited for the new season, i can’t wait to see it when it comes out.

Witty Capitalist

Prodigious_girl
They're really beginning to get out of hand with the merch. Though I don't mind the sweets book. Maybe because I'm a pastry holic.

But the bookmark... Really?

Maybe ten years from now they're going to make Hetalia happy meals or something. Since kids seem to get into everything nowadays. emotion_facepalm

Friendly Raider

Weisser Ritter

And actual historical events. Because it kind of is about the history and not just the bishounen contrary to popular belief.

I have my ships and all, but I'd rather see a fanfiction with a mass war than a mass orgy. Unfortunately, it's hard to find the former, and even harder to find the former written about a historical event and not about a potential WW3 or zombie apocalypse. Not that there aren't cool fanfictions about WW3 and zombies, but sometimes I just want to read about the Livonian War or the Gallipoli Campaign with the Hetalia characters inserted to embody the thoughts and struggles of the nations at that time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff