• Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
If you've got nothing else to do, what does it matter how slow the series is? You never know if once it gets up and going it'll be worth the slow beginning. (though from the few I've seen, I haven't really seen any that were slow)

Well, after having seen 30+ episodes I really get the tempo of the anime, and I just don't want to waste my time on something I do not enjoy biggrin And it's not like it's slow to the point I can't watch it, but it is kind of frustrating in a way.

So it's either, waste time trying to get into a series that doesn't entirely seem to your liking...or waste time trying to find a series that's more to your liking?

Yes crying

Seems a little counterproductive wouldn't you say?

Not really. I'd call it smart or logical. I mean, why waste my time on something I don't enjoy?

Vermillion Bibliophile

Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
If you've got nothing else to do, what does it matter how slow the series is? You never know if once it gets up and going it'll be worth the slow beginning. (though from the few I've seen, I haven't really seen any that were slow)

Well, after having seen 30+ episodes I really get the tempo of the anime, and I just don't want to waste my time on something I do not enjoy biggrin And it's not like it's slow to the point I can't watch it, but it is kind of frustrating in a way.

So it's either, waste time trying to get into a series that doesn't entirely seem to your liking...or waste time trying to find a series that's more to your liking?

Yes crying

Not really. I'd call it smart or logical. I mean, why waste my time on something I don't enjoy?

First of all, there are millions of people all across the world that could argue with that statement, but I'll leave that one be there.

Using that logic, do you instantly like a series on it's first episode, it's first scene? If you don't instantly like it the moment it starts, then by that logic, it's a waste of time and should be discarded.

Beloved Gekko

7,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Probably less. I thought SAO was gonna live upto my expectations, I think my imagination with the book was just more pretentious then the anime. I looked forward to Jojo under my friends insistance to watch, I think anything about vampires just turns me off now which is sad :/

If anything, I've found myself dumping anime for my xbox & MMORPG's

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Some days more and some days less. Right now all I'm watching is Inu Yasha.
jkngai
My love for video games is stronger than my interest in anime to be honest.
Basically this. If I watch any anime nowadays its probably not new, in fact its probably 5+ years old, but I find myself playing video games and creating social drama far more than my anime days :/

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Much less. Watching an anime takes more time when I can just speed that up by reading the manga which I usually do unless it is an important epic battle. I will watch it too

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm watching way more these days. I watched a couple of the latest ones but the only ones that stuck out were Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun for adding fresh characters to a stagnant genre and Psycho-Pass.
Even if there isn't anything airing that I'm interested in there's still heaps of stuff I haven't watched yet. It's impossible to run out.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I watch a lot more anime these days. I somehow enjoy every one of them. smile

Tipsy Loiterer

Definitely less. I used to watch anime all the time but now I rarely watch it. I read manga more now a days though.
I guess I'm one of the few who say more.

As a teen, I didn't watch a ton of anime... Only saw some here and there. Lately I've been trying to catch up, though. I have 104 anime on my watching list... >A>; And like 68 stalled. ...And over 500 want to watch. |||OTL I've got a long road ahead of me...

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
I really enjoyed/am enjoying a lot of this season's animes, so that's got me watching anime more, but outside of currently airing shows I've been watching anime much more as well. It helps me unwind after classes.

Rich Capitalist

less because this season sucks. next season is going to suck. i only really have my eye on two that i want to watch

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson

Yes crying

First of all, there are millions of people all across the world that could argue with that statement, but I'll leave that one be there.

Using that logic, do you instantly like a series on it's first episode, it's first scene? If you don't instantly like it the moment it starts, then by that logic, it's a waste of time and should be discarded.

Millions of people are my opposite, and millions of people would agree with me. Wanna count? biggrin [new thread idea!]

No, of course I give it more than just one single chance. Usually, if something is good, I get hooked instantly in the first episode. Art style, humour, character depth are the 3 main points for me, and these usually show already then. If I still can't decide, I give ep. 2 a chance as well. Sometimes, if I feel like I tossed something aside that could have been good, I give some later episodes a chance too.

Rich Capitalist

Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson
Colonel Gabrielle
Zero the Crimson

Yes crying

Millions of people are my opposite, and millions of people would agree with me. Wanna count? biggrin [new thread idea!]

No, of course I give it more than just one single chance. Usually, if something is good, I get hooked instantly in the first episode. Art style, humour, character depth are the 3 main points for me, and these usually show already then. If I still can't decide, I give ep. 2 a chance as well. Sometimes, if I feel like I tossed something aside that could have been good, I give some later episodes a chance too.
the rule is to watch until episode 3

with that said, i've dropped a bunch of shows that i had only watched one episode of because they were boring, so i'm not one to take advice from emotion_c8
there are honestly fewer good series coming out imo.
so yeah, a lot less.

i know its not just me, i know its not because im just older.

once and a while i find something i really like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff