Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=> [BOOTH] Psychological Help Stand (RP wrapups and stuff) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:14 pm
User ImagePsychological Help Stand
THIRD YEAR RUNNING!

Post 1: Introduction and Tickets!

A simple but clean booth sits in a busy little corner of Bloodfest's winding passages. Well, clean except for the swarm of white cockroaches that seem to call it home! A redblood lounges behind the desk, watching trolls pass by with a nonchalant grin on her face. Noticing you, she beckons you over, brimming with cheerful mischief.

The booth promises insight. Do you dare to plumb the depths of your mind, and see what returns? Or ask for advice, that too. Or simply chat - the troll seems to be happy either way...

Ticket Winner List!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 pm
Items!
And how you can get them!

“Always Available”

Assorted Candies
Assorted candies, mainly lollipops and mints (both mint flavored and not) in a wide array of hemospectrum themed colors!
(May grab whenever, however, whatever!)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Cockroaches!!!
They're everywhere.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Business Card
They promise life advice, mental assistance, and a listening and interested ear for your problems.
(May grab whenever, however, whatever!)
User Image ???

Tickets!
Shiny, sparkly, tastes like possibility!
(Given out daily from the 3 main games via randomizer! Different activities stack! See first post for people eligible!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unlockable items require booth participation for you to use them! You could steal them, but why?

“Unlockables”

Daily Inkblots:
Want some abstract art? Not terrified by the symbolism? You can have one of your very own!
(Must have done the Daily Inkblot at least once. New ones added per day – you do not have to do that day's inkblot to unlock it.)
See Inkblot post for all inkblots!

Rehab Center Brochure
A brochure advertising the Civisect Rehabilitation center.
User Image
(Must have posted to the Advice Wall at least once)

Face Sticker!
It's a sticker of a face! It comes in several emotions and colors to add some FEELING to anything you want!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
(Must have participated in a 'Food for Thought' at least once)

Cockroach Cap
A hat, decorated in the style of one of the many cockroaches scurrying about the stand. Cute?
(Participated in the inkblot, advice wall, and food for thought at least once each)
User Image

PLUS items are for the people who do a little bit extra. A few of these are customized to the troll, so keep that in mind!

“Unlockables PLUS!”

Your Face
Psykgi says that this inkblot looks like your face... BUT DOES IT???
User Image
(Participated in the Daily Inkblot for at least 6 days – an inkblot customized to look like your troll.)

Immortalized Letter
One of your more pressing questions, and Psykgi's answer, immortalized in a neat letter on nice stationary! Pickup is anonymous, of course.
(Participated in the Advice Wall for at least 6 days – Customized to one of your troll's question and answer in Alternian, with the same hemotyping as in their original question)
(Teaser image coming)

Your Very Own Notebook
All your entries in your own personalized notebook, for safekeeping and future reference! Enjoy your insights!
(Participated in Food for Thought for at least 6 days – customized in your troll's blood hue and symbol)
(Teaser image coming)

Who has unlocked what (by user):

Micillia: Inkblots, Brochure, Face Sticker, Cockroach Cap, Your Face
Yamashii: Inkblots, Brochure
Purplerosesbeauty: Inkblots, Brochure, Your Face
Quiet Delegation: Inkblots, Brochure
Doutei: Inkblots, Brochure, Face Sticker, Cockroach Cap
KitsuneAura: Inkblots, Brochure
Sami-fire: Inkblots, Brochure
Unaru: Face Sticker
Saihen: Inkblots, Face Sticker
Tasinei: Inkblots, Brochure, Face Sticker, Cockroach Cap
Cashmersky: Inkblots, Face Sticker

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:27 pm
Inkblots!
What do you see?

Every day, Psykgi replaces the inkblot hanging at the back of her booth with a new one, and invites all comers to speculate on what it is. Just say what it looks like - there are no wrong answers. It is literally all in the eyes and the mind. Oh, and you can take copies of the inkblots home with you!

Have fun!

Today's Inkblot:
User Image

Past Inkblots:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Participating in this activity gives you a chance to win a ticket!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm
Wall of Advice!
Get personal advice anonymously AND publically at the same time!

Post 3: Wall of Advice (Randomized ticket slot)

Does your troll need some help, but isn't ready to talk about it? Well, they're in luck – Psykgi has set up a bulletin board where you can ask your pressing life questions and get answers without anyone knowing who you are.

Write your questions, comments, unusual situations, whatever on a sheet of paper, stick it in the suggestion box, and the next day or so you will get an answer. Psykgi loves this sort of thing, so you are very likely to see your deeply personal question (or trolling question, she loves those too) up on the wall with an answer fairly quickly!
Sure, the question and the answer are public, on the billboard for everyone to see, but hey – no one's going to recognize your handwriting, right?

NOTE: A note near the board says "Space Race Thoughts Welcome!" - feel free to ask the probably pressing questions that darkened your thinkpan on that fateful night when the tower exploded... Or while fighting robots, killer poison leaks, dealing with major civic projects, etc... Psy would really like to talk about it, apparently.

Post the code below in the thread to post a question.
(Hemotyping optional).

[quote][align=center][b]I'm here for some advice![/b][/align]
[i]write your stuff here[/i][/quote]

Oh, and posting a question gives you a chance to win a ticket!

The Wall:

Quote:

how do I understand what all these pictures are?
    I get this question every sweep! Inkblots themselves have no meaning - it is all in your mind. Whatever you think you see in the inkblots, even if you see it as just a bunch of ink on a page, is unique to you and to your mind. Enjoy it, or don't - that's up to you!

Quote:
What do you do if the troll you like doesn't notice that you like them, and likes someone else?
    I'm assuming this is quadrant level 'like', so it sounds like you need to send them some clear symbols about how you feel - flowers will work, talking to them about your feelings might work (and if you don't trust them enough for that, well, maybe you need to start looking elsewhere). Duelling the other troll over them is a very romantic and eye-catching option too (though it sometimes backfires in the pale quadrants, I hear from reliable sources). Really, though, what feels right for you? How much do you like them? How much do you want them to like you back? How do you feel about the other troll? Answer these questions for yourself and you'll probably see the answer right in front of you.

Quote:
how do you stop being stupid and be smart instead?
    Depends on if you're actually 'stupid'. You were smart enough to ask the question, weren't you? Trolls have strengths and weaknesses - maybe you're focussed too much on your weaknesses. That's not productive at all! What are your strengths? When you find those, you may be surprised at how smart you are when you look at yourself from that angle.
    More technically, though, studying helps you be more booksmart. Practice and training helps you be more survival-smart. People-watching helps you be more troll-smart. You can give those a try!

Quote:
how do you make someone who never smiles smile?
    Tricky question! It depends! What would they appreciate most? What makes them happy? Do it for them and see what happens. Keep in mind, of course, that with some trolls, they smile on the inside while scowling on the outside. And that will probably just have to do.

Quote:
I'm afraid of myself. I can't forget what happened and I'm scared of it happening again. What should I do?
    Which do you want advice on, being afraid of yourself, forgetting, the fear of it happening again, or how to prevent whatever it is from happening?
    Not knowing what 'it' is, and not wanting to assume too much and give you the wrong advice, I can't say very much in the way of specifics.
    However, if you want advice in forgetting, try to fill your time with other things and make new memories. Unfortunately, you may never forget it completely - the mind is tricky that way - but you will remember other things as well and that may help it lose some of it's power.
    If you're afraid of yourself... well gosh, that isn't going to get you anywhere. You don't need to be afraid, you need to be ready. My advice is make a plan for when 'it' happens. That way you have something to go to to prevent 'it'. Or, talk to someone who knows something about whatever is happening if that is appropriate. Maybe they can help!
    Sorry I can't give you something better - it's not an easy question!

Quote:
I was mutilated by a chance encounter and am having difficulty with dreams reliving the experience as well as occasional panic attacks when I am alone. Do you have any advice for pushing through the emotional trauma?
    Do you have a moirail you can go to? Or a trusted friend? If not, I'd recommend dropping by the Civisect Rehabilitation Center. Even if you have someone to talk to, I recommend dropping by anyway - there are resources there, and professionals that can help untangle things for you. My advice is not to try to handle this alone, not for too long - the panic attacks mean you need some support.

Quote:

Do you have any tips for doing business with highbloods?
    The biggest tip I can give you is to find some allies to support you and watch your back. Though, to be honest, that's good advice for life in general.

Quote:

How do you find a troll's weakness?
    There are many ways, but the standard method is to observe their behavior, be patient enough to let it appear on its own in context, and have corroborating sources who can confirm it. I feel like there are classes on this that get deeper into it.

Quote:

can you get good at a thing very quickly just by trying really really hard because i try very hard and do not get better fast enough
    It may not be as fast as you like, but compared to where you were when you started, you're probably already getting better at whatever you're trying to do. Having a tutor to work with you makes things go faster, I find.

Quote:

How do I stop being afraid?
    Without knowing the specifics, building up your confidence by practicing your skills and gaining competence. In ddition, confronting your fears systematically and head-on may help. There are professionals at the CRC that can help with that. However, in some situations, confrontation is not the best idea.

Quote:

how do you be less angry and more happy even though you want to be angry more
    Are you concerned that you're not assertive enough? You don't need to be angry to be assertive, and it might make you happier. If that's what you're after, try practicing in the mirror or at a training dummy. Or, if you have someone you trust not to attack you for it, practice with a friend. As for happiness... take care of yourself. Treat yourself when you do something you can be proud of. Do something you enjoy. That goes a long way towards happiness.

Quote:

How do you get over crushes that went bad?
    Put some space between you and them if possible, physical preferably, mental if not. Think about things other than them and focus on time consuming tasks for a while. They'll linger in your mind for a while, no matter what you do, but distance and focus should help weaken that... And you'll get stuff done, which isn't so bad!

Quote:

How many bricks could a brick-beast build, if brick-beasts built bricks?
    How many flickers could a flicker-beast flicker if flickering flickered it fully? Formerly, the answer was frankly four. Finally, it's five. }:]

Quote:

Will I one day be an entertainer?
    Sure! If you work hard enough and make the right friends. You should check out the Starlight Talent Agency - they have a booth at Bloodfest. Maybe you'll get discovered!

[quote]
Question
[list][size=11][color=#9b0100][i]Psykgi's answer[/i][/color][/size][/list][/quote][/quote]

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 pm
Food for Thought!
Delve into the dark, troubling depths of your thinkpan.

Need some help understanding your rightful place in the world, the Empire, your life? Well, good news – this stand has questions to help guide your introspection.

Psykgi will put up a prompt a day, designed to shove some light into the innermost recesses of the thinkpan. The prompt must be answered in an introspective solo of at least 100 50 words (Though it can be more). Though she has a submission box, these don't have to be turned in... or even written down at all. The solo can be in the form of writing, internal musing, a conversation with a lusus, a conversation with themselves... whatever: as long as it is self focused, in character, and fulfills the prompt.

Post responses here (and quote draconicfeline) OR you may post the responses in your journal and post a link to them in the thread.

“Today's Prompt”
How does the weather (or the moon cycles) make you feel? Do your thoughts change with the weather?

Posting a response gives you a chance to win a ticket!

“Previous Prompts”

Day 1. Does your mind drift or are you focused? How aware are you of your surroundings while you're out and about?

Day 2: When you hear your own voice, what kind of person do you think you sound like?

Day 3: Are you a victim or a survivor?

Day 4: If you could do anything for or to your lusus, and money was no object, and all possibilities were open, what would you do? Why?

Day 5: Do you have a guilty pleasure, something that makes you happy that you're ashamed of? (Or, alternatively, that you just want to do privately without others knowing?)

Day 6: Have you ever wished you were someone else? What does that mean for you?

Day 7: How do you feel about the worst event in your life to date? How do you think it's changed you? Is it for the better, or for the worse.

Day 8:When you lash out, what do you feel? Do you lash out at others, or just at yourself?

Day 9:How does the weather (or the moon cycles) make you feel? Do your thoughts change with the weather?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 pm
Spare!  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm
Spare!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:20 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi does a little bit of last minute sweeping and checks on the inkblot and thought prompt she'd set out the evening before. She tilts her head to one side, and then the other, and then grins.

"I think we're ready to go, Ma. What do you think?"

Ma'am chittered, the swarm both wary and excited. There were so many trolls, so much potential danger AND potential connections in the crowd. And also, so much sugary food and delicious things to feed upon. Still, were they really, fully prepared for this?

"Gosh, can we ever be fully prepared for anything, Ma?" Psykgi said, nudging a roach onto the back of her hand, "The point is," she said, sitting behind the booth and looking out onto the bloodfest grounds, "we're prepared enough!"

(BOOTH IS NOW OPEN YAY)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 am
Caiden Banksy
Quote:
I'm here for some advice!

What do you do if the troll you like doesn't notice that you like them, and likes someone else?

Inkblot: A water balloon COMING RIGHT FOR YOUR FACE AHHHHHH

Caiden approached the booth, all smiles and dripping paint over everything. He had managed to "catch" quite a few paint balloons on his head, and tho it dripped everywhere, he enjoyed it. The brownblood tried to subtly put in an ask for advice, making sure not to put his name on it for privacy. The brownblood wrote something down, accidentally smearing paint all over the slip of paper, and submitted anonymously. The brownblood flinched when he looked at the ink blot. "Oh jeeze! Im seeing water balloons everywhere!"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:08 pm
Taking a break from her booth duties, Flydra stumbled across the Psychological Help Booth. How interesting... The activity was an ink blot test. Picking one of the papers up, she scanned it silently, formulating her answer. It was a striking image.

"It looks like an eyeball." She finally answered, looking pleased with herself. Neatly folding the paper, she tucked it under her arm to take with her.

Next, she wrote a question on the wall. Free mental health care wasn't something she would turn down. Not after what she'd been through.

Quote:

I was mutilated by a chance encounter and am having difficulty with dreams reliving the experience as well as occasional panic attacks when I am alone. Do you have any advice for pushing through the emotional trauma?

Yamashii

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:52 pm
Gnash remembered Psygki from the rehab center, and also remembered seeing her at the tower. She looked at the inkblot for a long time before furrowing her brow and looking up.
"It is a buggie! See there is the wings and the body and the dust from it zooming off." Speaking of insects, she saw more of Psygki's lovely lusus walking around, and reached over to pick some up, delighted.

Quote:

how do you stop being stupid and be smart instead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 am
Kaldru wandered to the booth quite by accident, but he found himself entranced by the things at the redblood's little microcosm. Was was all of this? What in the world were those weird pictures and ... It wasn't until a long time later that he noticed the actual troll running the booth. It startled him, honestly, and he pointed towards the inkblot with a childish confusion.

"Why's there a weird picture of an eye up here? That's what it is, right?"

Soon enough he was distracted by something else, not even quite waiting for an answer as he investigated the bulletin board. He lit up at the idea; he loved getting advice!

Quote:

how do you make someone who never smiles smile?

He confidently left his question; maybe this troll, who seemed to know so much about trolls, could help him make his teacher happy. She was doing so much to help him, after all; she deserved to smile too!

Kaldru didn't get a chance to think about whether or not he was focused ... because he was already wandering to another booth. Oops.  

quiet delegation

Doutei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:07 am
Jostling through the crowds, Tevini did her best to keep moving and looking for anything with free food. Struggling through the mob, she looped around the outer edges of the paths when something caught her attention. A help booth? Hm...

She wasn't exactly enthusiastic to go talk about her problems with a therapist weekly, but an anonymous wall might work. The redblood grimaced at the mention of the space tower incident but pushed the darkness aside. She didn't want to delve into that spiral of thoughts right now.

"It looks like a planet." The girl commented, as she spotted the inkblot of the day while grabbing a pen to write down her question. Carefully, she wrote in the blandest handwriting she could muster, just in case someone might recognize her real handwriting.

Quote:

I'm afraid of myself. I can't forget what happened and I'm scared of it happening again. What should I do?

Sure it was vague as hell and relied on the booth owner to make an assumptions, but Tevini didn't want to include too many details in case someone started asking questions. She submitted the form and turned to leave when Psykgi's last prompt caught her eye. It troubled her instantly.

DraconicFeline
Does your mind drift or are you focused? How aware are you of your surroundings while you're out and about?

Tevini had never really considered it before, the way she focused in on things and tunneled herself into her work. Sure, Cerpin complained about her workaholic tendencies often, but she'd dismissed those words as the ramblings of a lazy slacker. When confronted with the issue by a third party, someone who literally knew nothing about her, Tevini felt her face flush with embarrassment. She wanted to argue that she was very observant when going out in public, to the point of paranoia really, but wondered if that really counted. Sure she was observant of anything potentially dangerous and that was great... but she tended to skip over the other things- the colorful things.

The Cerpin things.

Uncomfortable with this realization of a flaw, the girl swallowed. She could not write this down. She didn't want to accept it and yet knew she had to. It was just hard to come to terms with something that you felt proud and ashamed of. Turning to leave for real, Tevini disappeared back into the crowd to let the thoughts stew in her thinkpan a while. She'd be back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:29 am
Psykgi Mentha

@Caiden
"Water balloons, huh? Gosh, theres a lot of that going around." Wasn't this the kid who had talked her spongeclots off last sweep? Nice to see he'd calmed down. "If you see all of my inkblots as water balloons, then there's probably a problem - haha!"

@Flydra
"Hi there!" Oh wow, Flydra'd sure grown! That was good... that was very good. Eyeball was an interesting answer - she noted it down to analyze for later.

@Natash
"I can sort of see that, sure!" Psykgi said, glancing at the inkblot. To her it reminded her of a pair of tadpoles, swimming around each other, but this was inkblots - there were no wrong answers.

Ma'am scurried gamely around Gnash's hands, reasonably certain that a few roaches were about to be eaten... but this was a seadweller - a few individuals could be lost for the good of the many, if it kept them happy.

"I've seen you around the Center." That is, since the tower. "How've you been, Gnash?"

@Kaldru
"It's whatever you wa... See you later!" She waved as they moved on to another booth. Another eyeball, another troll walking off. The little blueblood had left her a question, though. They'd be back to see the answer, she was sure of it.

@Tevini
Looks like she gave the redblood food for thought. Good! That was the point. She gave her a smile and a nod - a voice would break through that reflection, and if it was interesting... well, Psy wanted her to come back, haha!

-----

BOOTH ROLLOVER TO DAY TWO  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 10!

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:39 am
The next evening, Psykgi set up the inkblot and the prompt and went to the boardwalk during the peace and quiet to figure out her advice for the wall - these were some deep, heady questions and she wanted to give it her all...

((Day 2 stuff!))

Quote:
When you hear your own voice, what kind of person do you think you sound like?

User Image

((Next Psykgi post is tickets, and keep an eye out for the advice wall!))

Ticket time~~~

1: Caiden (Inkblot)
2: Caiden (Advice)
3: Flydra (Inkblot)
4: Flydra (Advice)
5: Natash (Inkblot)
6: Natash (Advice)
7: Kaldru (Inkblot)
8: Kaldru (Advice)
9: Tevini (Inkblot)
10: Tevini (Advice)
11: Tevini (Thoughts)