Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monster High - Where the ghoul kids rule!

Back to Guilds

An original character roleplay guild set in the world of Monster High! 

Tags: Monster High, Dolls, RPing, Webisodes, Frankie Stein 

Reply Monster High
The Ghostly Gossip! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:30 pm
User Image

Greetings, boos and ghouls! Ever get caught up in unliving and lose track of what's going on? Well, don't worry, because the Ghostly Gossip is here to keep you on track by summarizing all of the juicy tidbits that slip through the cracks!

Check back weekly for my spooky summaries of what's happening at Monster High!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:39 pm
The last week of Novembrrr

((May 25-June1 (real time))

-Notice! It's officially mid-terms week at Monster High! Students are all stressed out taking hexams to gauge their progress in their classes. Even worse, Parent/Creature Conferences began, meaning that tons of monster parents are in town to see how their offspring are faring in their classes.

-Shocker! A new howliday is approaching! Preparations are underway for the fall howliday, Fangsgiving! Over 200 years ago, immigrant vampires who fled persecution in the Old World came to the Boo World to start a new un-life. They were helped by native monsters who taught them how to unlive off the land. Fangsgiving is when monsters unite despite their differences to celebrate the things they have in common...and to eat delicious food! Do you need a main course? Stop by Roe and Fallows Butchers and order a turkey - they have plenty!

-Scandalous! Some monsters are leaving town for the Howliday, going to hexotic places! Rumor has it that a gaggle of boos are taking an epic bro-ad trip down to New Goreleans for the long freakend. I hope they don't run into any trouble...it is said that a particularly nasty breed of witch-hunters used to live down there...

That's it for this edition of the Ghostly Gossip! Keep your eye peeled for future updates!  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:51 am
The last week of Novembrrr

(June 2-June 8 (real time))

-Rumor! Some parents may be getting a little too nosey about their children after attending Parent/Creature Conferences. As preparations for Fangsgiving Day commence, some students may be thankful for it all to be over. Luckily, Fangsgiving is just one sunrise away!

-Relationship alert! Could the wounded heart of one Dashner Hawke be mended thanks to the mysterious mistress of the forest? Perhaps so, but at the same time, could Meme Pennywise be playing games with Ronan Aalto's heart? Scandalous!

-Oh no! The buzz on the interweb is that the once-canceled Reality Show "The Murk Dynasty" is filming a new episode, right now! These ugly witch-hunters will go to any lengths to get their names back on the tongues of monsters everywhere. Will they be successful? Or will some intrepid boos come up with a plan to stop them?

Come back next week for new nuggets of juicy gossip!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:57 am
Fangsgiving Day

(June 9-June 15 (real time))

-Fangsgiving has finally arrived! A time for family and feasting! At least, that's how it is for some monsters. Others have remained on campus for the big Monster High Fangsgiving Feast. Could something besides turkey be cooking, though? A tinge of romance is in the air for Dashner Hawke and Sally Slender.

-Of course, there are some monsters who aren't as eager for Fangsgiving as others. When you have to work in the family shop on Fangsgiving, it may dampen your enthusiasm. And that can be contagious, as Draconia St. George has learned! At least Perry Hartley has a chance for some fun now that Vinnie Lovecraft is on her way over.

-Down in New Goreleans, things seem to have taken a turn for the hearse, as a daring rescue has been launched! Can the boos and Scarie LeVeau deal with the Murk Dynasty in time for Fangsgiving dinner? Or will Marceline LaGhede have to hexplain to her family why her boofriend didn't make it?  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:26 am
Fangsgiving Day

(June 16-23 (real time))

-Happy Fangsgiving! Students are finally sitting down to enjoy a delicious Fangsgiving feast. Some are at home with family, others have traveled far and suffered long for this meal, and others are spellebrating with their beasties and fellow student bodies fright in the Monster High Creepateria! The Ghostly Gossip wishes every monster reading a happy howliday.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 am
Fangsgiving Finale

((June 24-July 1 real time))

-Newsflash! A mysterious new student body has come to Monster High! What is his story? What kind of monster is he? What tragic past is he hiding from ME of all monsters? He doesn't seem to want to open up, but I bet if every monster at school talked to him, he'd let the mask drop.

-Lost and Found report: Cassandra, daughter of the living dolls, lost her phone during the Fangsgiving feast. If any kind monster found it, please return it as soon as possible! Alternatively, you can just give it to me. I promise I won't look in it....

-Grounded! Perry Hartley might have escaped his family Fangsgiving, but his parents' wrath...well, that's another thing altogether. Early reports state that Perry will grounded for all of Fangsgiving weekend, but my reporter eyes saw him mid-air, on a crash course for the Maul!

-Speaking of the Maul.... Bleak Friday is upon us! The biggest chopping day of the fear! Monsters of all types are currently waiting in line for the Maul to open and the Cryptmas chopping season to officially begin! Whether you're first in line or three-hundredth, hopefully you can seek out some great bargains, like the uber-popular, must-have item of the fear, the iBlargh!

-Elsewhere... in New Goreleans, the bro-ad trip finally managed to arrive at Fangsgiving at the opulent home of Marceline LaGhede. Surely, all of their troubles are over now that they've confessed to their parents what happened. Bleak Friday at the open-scare market will be fun, so long as Rory Bludworth gets over that case of the hiccups...

Until next slime, my gossip gobblers!  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:44 pm
Bleak Friday! (The Day after Fangsgiving)

((July 1-July 8 in real time))

-Prepare yourselves, mansters and ghouls! Bleak Friday is upon us! On this day, monsters swarm on the Maul looking for the beast bargains available as they start to prepare for the Cryptmas gift giving season! Some monsters camped out all night to get their spots in line. Others found...more creative ways to get in. There are many surprises to be had while hunting for the beast deals...maybe even a surprise chopping spree!

-Meanwhile, in New Goreleans, it's a little bit calmer, which is probably for the beast after the hexcitment the bro-ad trip crew hexperienced during Fangsgiving. Glen and his boos are enjoying an open-scare market looking for presents and bargains. However, the special Spellbound cards Glen is looking for seem to be evasive.

-Queenfall! Going viral now, a frighttube video of Tombcoming Queen Jewels Underne's Creepateria Cooking Contest shows that even the best laid plans of kings and queens can be undone...and create quite a mess.

Till next time, ghouls and boils!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 am
Bleak Friday, continued!

(July 9-15, real time)

-Round and round and round he goes, where he stops, nomonster knows! The ghostly gossip has some juicy news about the recent travels (or is that travails?) of one Rory Bludworth. He started off with the rest of the bro-ad trip crew at an Open-Scare Market in New Goreleans. Perhaps if he'd used his iCoffin more effectively, he wouldn't have found himself bouncing to the Maul thanks to Dashner Hawke. Despite his surprise, he soon found himself united with his ghoulfriend for a date to go apple-picking at the apple gorechard. Unfortunately, then he was bounced right back to the Open-Scare Market thanks to Nero du Sphinx.

Things became even more confused, as Dashner summoned Rory back to the Maul, this time bringing Glen da West with him! Fortunately, Glen was cool with this. Perhaps less cool with all of the confusion was Marceline's Maman Brigitte, when Marceline's next attempt to summon her boofriend resulted in Ronan Aalto coming with him! Peace was almost restored until Kai Merha and Nero du Sphinx summoned Rory back to the Open-Scare market, thinking more normie kidnapping plots were afoot. Nero ran off, and Kai told Rory to stay still while he tried to find Nero. Too bad he didn't stay with Rory, as Nero soon found the mirror boo. Unfortunately, Nero too got caught up in the summoning fever and soon found himself packed in the LaGhede family hearse with Ronan and Marceline!

Perhaps now, chaos could have been calmed, but back in New Salem, Glen and Dashner found themselves in a pinch! One more summon, and Rory was back at the Maul - with a very irate Marceline in tow! She...'convinced' Dashner to stop summoning Rory and the two of them contacted Ronan to set up a proper summon when the hearse gang had arrived at the apple gorechard. Although it seemed like everything was set, there was still more travel to go for Rory. Kai Merha summoned Rory again, unable to find any of his bros. Marceline invited Kai to the apple gorechard, and everything seemed settled.

That is, until an irate Gryff, annoyed with all of the crass consumerism he kept hearing about, hackcidentally summoned Rory right back to the Maul. Mistaking Rory for a Genie, he tried to make a wish. Unfortunately, the only thing Rory could grant was to get Gryff out of there, and the two wound up right back in New Goreleans. By this time, Ronan and Nero had arrived at the apple gorechard, and summoned Rory, Marceline, Kai and Gryff there to bring Rory's Wild Ride to an end.

-In other, non-Rory news, Two-thirds of the Trouble Tribe learned that filling out those ghostomer survey forms can pay off, in the form of a five-minute chopping spree! Even though Toralei tried to pull off a catty prank on the two, Lin was the one who laughed last, with ten of his precious iBlarghs in his possession.

-Romantic scandal! Perry Hartley already has a reputation as a heartbreaker - just ask Vinnie Lovecraft, but he was hextra able to twist the knife as he tried to stop Draconia St. George from falling in love with him. Some mansters just can't win, it seems!

-What? More Rory Bludworth news? He's certainly been hacktive this day. Now sources say that he dropped a prophecy bomb on his ghoulfriend! What will she do? What does it mean? And does this still mean she'll remember to pick up groanuts for her papa?

Who knows if we'll get all these questions answered, my gossip ghoulies. Till next time...  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 am
One Day Left until Decembrrr!

((July 16-22 real time))

Hello again, gossip-lovers! Feel that chill in the scare? I do believe we're going to see some snow this next week! The Howliday season is creeping up on us, and that means Cryptmas, Hauntikah, Klownzaa and all other sorts of spellebrations will be happening! Before that happens, though, let's take a look at the gossip of the day:

-Rumor has it that Perry Hartley was grounded for his Fangsgiving antics...and then double-grounded for his day-after-Fangsgiving antics! So why is he sneaking out again?! At this rate, he will be grounded for millenia!

-Huge news! Is that a new manster I spy heading towards the doomitory? My sources tell me that he's very into social hacktivism! What plans does Harry Herne have for Monster High? And is he the only new student body to arrive this freakend?

-Follow-up on a past note: Monster High Tombcoming Scream Queen Jewels Underne has been laying low since her very public meltdown at the cooking contest she hosted. Can Sally Slender help her cave in and see the light?

-For monsters looking for something to do today, I've received (several) e-mauls reminding me that Backyard Monster Wrestling is back at the Q Family Farm. Buy your tickets at the (barn) door, and then enjoy some mindless melee hacktion from your favorite backyard wrestling mansters. Word has it that those notorious Los Monstros De Destructos, Uno and Dos, will be in the Pain Event! What other monsterous matches will take place...and why is Perry Hartley there?

Until next time, fiends!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

((July 23-28 real time))

Hello again, my ghosties and ghoulies! As usual, the Ghostly Gossip has all the news that's fit to scoop!

-Look out below! Another new student body is coming in for a landing! My sources say that Peggy Springwell, none other than Pegasus's daughter, is a sporty scaredevil. How well will she mesh with her future doommates?!

-Follow-up on a juicy story: Monster High Tombcoming Scream Queen Jewels Underne is holding court with Sally Slender for the Freakend. Rumor has it they're going to head into town. Will Jewels be breaking hearts? Or is her destiny just to be remembered for breaking plates?

-Drama and intrigue are happening at the Backyard Monster Wrestling event at the Q Family farm - and it isn't in the ring! Rumor has it a new Boo-mbshell wrestler, La Fuega Terrible is going to make her debut tonight. That is, if the other team can find a replacement for their missing member...Be sure to be ringside to see what will happen next!

See you soon, gossip ghouls!  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 am

((July 29-August 5 real time))

Do you feel that creepy cold chill in the air, ghouls? I think it's going to snow tomorrow! I'd better hurry and get this gossip published before I retire back to my crypt with a big mug of cocoa and martianmallows.

-You just know how much I love relationship drama, ghoulies, and the unlikely pairing of Ronan Aalto and Meme Pennywise is just so...uhhh-dorable! Ronan's selkie heart must be soothed by the messages he's been getting from his grease-painted ghoul. It sounds like they're getting ready for a romantic reunion!

-Fangout at the Coffin Bean! In the grimterest of showing Harry Herne and Peggy Springwell the area, a gaggle of ghouls have gathered at the Coffin Bean. Rumor has it Harry may be working on plans for a big demon-stration at school. What, hexactly, is Woestock?!

-Meanwhile, at the Q Family Farm....the Backyard Monster Wrestling event started up the Pain Event! Swimma Swandive and the Underbite teamed up to face Los Monstros De Destructos, Uno and Dos. But this was no ordinary tag team matchup, oh no! La Fuega Terrible joined Uno and Dos, while the Boo World Order had a new member in the enigmatic Icon Seeathing! The hacktion was heavy and grimtense! The crowd were on the edges of their seats! And the ending....well, it was a twist that nomonster could have seen coming! The only question that remains now is...will Perry Hartley finally accept being grounded?!

See you soon, my boos and ghouls! Bundle up and creep warm!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 am
The First Week of Decembrrr

((August 6-12 real time))

Lots of drama to cover this time, so let's dive right into it!

-It sounds like Woestock is going to happen! Harry Herne's plans for a fearstival that's all about peace, love and undertaking struck a chord with his new bluddies. Kai Merha has even promised to get the Boo Band back together. But, as so often in un-life, it sounds like there may be a bit of a wrinkle - just whose party is this anyways, Vanissha?!

-Checking in on the OTHER boo student at school, it seems like she's got a personality clash with her new doommates. Maybe Peggy hasn't noticed because Dashner Hawke has come on so strong? Will Pegner be the newest power couple in Monster High?!

-Could Dashner's attitude have something to do with feelings towards Marceline? The two former beasties have seemed a bit frosty ever since Bleak Friday. Just what is going on between these two?

-Another broken heart left in Dashner's wake - Sally Slender had to endure hearing Dashner say they're 'just friends.' Can her friend Tori help her mend what is surely a silently shattered heart? My sources say yes.

-And so, as a new day of school begins, we are set for a whole new crop of gossip ready to launch. What will today bring? Love? Loss? Lurk? Just tune back in to the Ghostly Gossip and find out!  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 am
Decembrrrr 2

((August 13-Sept 11 real time))

Yaaaawn. The first day back at school after a howliday break seems to last forever, doesn't it? As the day finally ends, let's look back on the gossip-worthy moments that took place!

-It was Peggy Springwell and Harry Herne's first day of school...And did Peggy ever make a splash on her arrival! Well, less of a splash and more of an avalanche...the snowfall definitely gave the students clawse for some shenanigans. Rumor has it that Nathair Adderson has a date with Rory Bludworth...for deathshard-iceball revenge after school!

-Speaking of fights....Perry Hartley just can't seem to stop getting into them. This morning it was a stinkbomb in his locker, and just before lunch it was a 'grimcident' in the photo lab involving lots of flinging developer fluid...will he ever be able to make Vinnie Lovecraft forgive him? Hopefully the last resort, which rumors say is a massive musical production, will sway her hardened heart.

-Harry Herne is a monster in search of a clawse...any clawse! All the clawses! That's why he came up with the plan for Woestock, a fearstival to celebrate clawses to take place at the end of this week. He started promoting it during Bite-ology in first feariod. By lunchtime, the creepateria was crawling with news about a planning meeting after school. But will Harry be able to retain control over his fearstival and it's GOBBLEing theme? Or will it end up far too corpseporate for his tastes?

-Whenever Glen da West has a plan, other monsters need to clear out of his way! Whether it's working in the Mad Science lab with hexplosive results or trying to grimprove his beast friend's love life, Glen doesn't do things in half-measures. Armed with a list of possible romantic candidates for Draconia St. George, how will Glen play matchmaker now? Word in the creepateria is that Draconia's already agreed to a Wednesday date with...J.D. Leeds! How will Vanissha de la Luz react to her ex-boofriend getting back on the centaur (so to speak?)

-Scandal alert! Harry may not have known what he was getting into when he got into Glen's grimterview line, but emotions got heated, and he ended up summoning his own protective force, the Wild Hunt! Fortunately, instead of the ravenous bloodthirty pack of dire hounds his father summons, Harry's Wild Hunt were more like a pack of tutu-clad lapdogs. The amount of trauma inflicted was low, but still monsters know to be on their guard when it comes to arguing with the new boo.

As we move to the afterschool part of the day, I wonder what other gossipy bits will take place around the schoolyard? Until next time, boos and ghouls!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 am
The first week of Decembrrr

((Sept 12 - Oct 2 in real time))

Great ghostly garters, ghouls! A lot has been happening at Monster High! Just look at all of this gossip-worthy news!

-Woestock officially has a planning committee, who now wish to be known as BOJANGLES, which stands for "Boisterous, Outstanding, and Jaunty Androids Need to be Granted Liberty Extra Soon!" The theme of Woestock looks to be robo-oriented, and headlining act Atomica and the Rest...in Peace couldn't be more hexcited!

-While Harry Herne seems to be adjusting to his new school well fangs to his many clawses and the fearstival, things seem to be going a bit less smoothly for Peggy Springwell. Oh, sure, she's going to be going out on date night with Dashner Hawke (DATE NIGHT! More on that later, gossipmongers!), but she and Dashner's sister Falconnie have reportedly hit rough patch in their friendship! Can they continue being doommates? I don't know...I'm drawing a blank.

-Sending out a request to all of my gossipees...did anybluddy happen to record Perry Hartley's singing apology to Vinnie Lovecraft? That seems like a video all of my followers would undie to see!

-I would have tried to catch it on video myself, but like many other students, I was distracted at the time by a snowball that blotted out the sun momentarily.

-Another new student!!! It's hard for new student bodies to come near the end of a Scaremester, sure, but I imagine moving is even harder during the Howlidays. This new student is some sort of...changeling? Clearly, this needs more grimvestigation...you'd be uhh-mazed at what you can find out fanging out in the ghoul's bat-room.

-Is Woestock headed for disaster? School gossip says "definitely maybe!" The original plan to hold it in Haunted Hollow Park has fallen through. Can Harry and BOJANGLES save the Fearstival?

-Rumor has it several students will be dreading to the Catacombs tonight for their Mad Science final projects. Will they all make it back? My sources say "possibly."

-Date night! Date night, date night, date night! Two of the most hexciting words in a teenaged monster's vocabuscary! Word has been flying all week about the plans many of the student bodies are making to make the most of this hallowed Friday tradition. What will happen when Peggy Springwell and Dashner Hawke go skiing together down an active volcano? Or what about Draconia St. George and her one of 13 Mystery Dates going doubles with Glen da West and Chase Q? (that is, if she survives her first one with JD Leeds on Wednesday, of course). Motthew Clendenin and Doriana Taylor have clearly made plans as well. Who else will venture out for a fright on the town? Ronan Aalto and Meme Pennywise? Rory Bludworth and Marceline LaGhede? Some other, as-yet-unrevealed couple? The Ghostly Gossip may end up working overtime this weekend!

That brings us up to date on all the news that's fit to gossip about. Until next time!  

Spectra Vondergeist

Spectra Vondergeist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm
The first week of Decembrrr

((Oct 3 - Oct 24 in real time))

Well, Wednesday certainly proved to be hexciting and spooktacular, didn't it?

-Arillena Faedathana was formally grimtroduced to Monster High! Rumor has it that the Changeling beame a bit overhwelmed and hexperienced a bit of fangxiety, but in the end made several new friends! The Ghostly Gossip would be remiss if it didn't also wonder if she didn't, perhaps, wonder about a bit of romance, too? Hm....

-The Drama Class has announced that the One-Hact play they will be performing on the last day of the Scaremester is entitled "Sinistaria!" by Draconia St. George. Now, the big question is...who will star in it?

-The biggest stories to come out of Wednesday, though, were definitely coming from the Catacombs. Our sources indicate that the Mad Science team of Atomica Servo and Ronan Aalto got off to a shaky start...and things got only shakier from there! Following some squabbling, a cave-in trapped Ronan, Perry Hartley and Motthew Clondenin together in a water-filled enclave!

Fortunately, there's nothing like mortal danger to bring about some heartfelt apologies, and Ronan was able to help convince Atomica to help free the three boos. Now the only question that remains is, what sort of grade will Mr. Hack give these two teams?

-That wasn't the ONLY hexcitement down in the cataombs! Glen da West and Rorrim Bludworth ventured down there and, in his eagerness for adventure, Glen released 6 Dangerous Deadtention Students into the catacombs! After Rory prophesized that the students could bring about the destruction of Monster High, the two witch cousins embarked on a quest to recapture them. Fangs in part to help from Kai Merha, Arillena, Operetta and Harry Herne, they were able to return the dastardly students back to the Study Howl of Eternal Doom, and save the school. Of course, since they caused the potential destruction themselves, I wonder how that will affect their grade...

Until next time, gossip-lovers! Until then, go Monster High Nitemares! Defeat Luna High and capture the division title!  
Monster High

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff