Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ TiH GM AND ARTIST HIRING 2012! } Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 pm
THIS IS HALLOWEEN IS HIRING GMS:

User Image

Ever dreamed of working with the admin and the rest of the TiH staff in assisting with metaplots, creating classrooms, running events, and even having time to make your own small events or plots? Are you a person who enjoys story and worldbuilding as much as playing your own characters? Then perhaps this GM job is for you!

Rules and guidelines
Rules and guidelines:

We are hiring 1-2 FULL TIME GMS. Full time GMs will start off with part time duties. Please read the checklist below to make sure you have the availability for this, we don't ask for much, but we do require consistent monthly activity, and especially, your assistance during metaplot season. You don't need to be online daily, but having the internet and being able to check it on a 24-48 hour basis is something of a bonus.
- Anyone hired here will START OFF AS A PART TIME GM until they are deemed ready due to activity and merit.
- We are currently NOT looking for minipet or Deus GMs!

Requirements
Requirements:

- You MUST HAVE AIM. If you don't have it already, simply install it by going to the AIM website. We would prefer a GM that is online during the admin hours, which is later on, from around 4pm - 12 am PST.
- You NEED TO HAVE RP EXPERIENCE. We are looking for people who have run small orps or events even and know how to manage potentially large groups of 10 - 30 rpers. You need to be able to create fun, stimulating and creative events that you think will make gm interactions exciting for your NPC as well as the students your NPC is interacting with! We are not asking for GM experience, just RP experience
- YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE TIH WORLD. We don't even ask for a lot of knowledge, and minimal knowledge of Deus Ex Machina is required, but we do need you to understand how classes run in TiH, and a brief idea of the current setting. Even just reading the front page and the guild information is enough really!
- YOU NEED TO ENJOY THE TiH!! This is something that we emphasize. Don't do it for the incentives of gold or free students to give to your friends. You really really really should only apply for this job if you feel like you have something you would really like to contribute to the shop, more than just roleplaying as a student. We are looking for people who are really enthusiastic about this shop, want to see it grow and thrive, and are here to support the existing staff as a community.

SAMPLE RESPONSIBILITY BREAKDOWN
GM ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BREAKDOWN:

ToT Staff/ Assistant GMs

Assistant GMs:

- As an assistant GM you are responsible for your NPC. You are given clearance to help out and participate with said in NPC in metaplot events. You are allowed to structure small classes and orps. You CANNOT request your own event until you earn it, with at least three months of activity. Your NPC is not a free stage four character, we understand that not everyone is cut out to sacrifice their NPC to other people's plots or they simply are not too good with gming. That's fine, you can focus on the more game and minipet related stuff as well in relation to your NPC. We actually prefer if you run more of those over Amityville related things until you are more comfortable.

REQUIREMENTS UPON HIRING:
- [ NPC creation ]: All assistant GM's must use this ToTer guide to make a ToTer
- [ Open Classroom ]: All assistant GMs must make an open classroom
- [ Work Log ]: Like the other GMs, all Assistant GMs must post in the work log at the end of the month with the 3/10 things completed thank you!

Full Time GM

A full time GM needs to be available to work directly with the admin. We pretty much require to be able to contact you at regular intervals to make sure we're on the same page. A full time GM handles the "day to day" Amityville activities. This can include ORPs, classroom sessions, participating in metaplot events and creating/being available for Mentoring rps. When they have worked hard enough, they can also request events.

Full time GMs will be asked by admin to take on additional tasks: we ask that you be flexible of mind when this happens! IF you need to take a hiatus you need to let us know ASAP. You will be paid extra for additional work! IF you have any questions concerns, or anything, you need to let one of us know! If you want to add or fix anything currently existing in TiH, simply let us know!

REQUIREMENTS UPON HIRING:
- [ NPC creation ]: All full time GMs must make a Staff NPC for approval. If you are on probation/ JUST HIRED, please only make a ToT staff for now.
- [ Open Classroom ]: All full time GMs must make an open classroom HERE
- [ Mentoring Availability ]: They must make a mentoring information post here with availability when neccessary
- [ Work Log ]: Full Time GMs must post in the work log at the end of the month with the 6/10 things completed per month thank you!

Admin

- The admin are the shopowners of TiH, if you do NOT have their contact information, please ADD THEM TO YOUR AIM IF YOU ARE HIRED:
Lizbot: --> liss180 (free wed/thurs, on at later hours past 10pm PST)
Marushii: --> Meroviathan (on at later hours past 5 pm PST)
zoobey: --> ninjazoosmut (on at early hours 10am - 4pm PST, and then 7-10 pm PST)

- Admin are responsible for running the large scale events and make sure that things are being dealt with smoothly. IF you need to go on hiatus, have a drama issue, questions, or anything, or even want to schedule a small event, you need to let the admin know. As a GM it is your responsibility to make sure everything in Amityville runs smoothly so admin are not backlogged by things and can continue the storyline/important matters.

BONUSES AND GM PERKS
GM BONUSES AND PERKS:

- Once a GM is ready to move from part time to full time, they can now make a staff NPC (stage 4) character. This NPC is however, used to assist others as a professor character for Amityville. You will get the art for your professor.
- When a GM is considered very active, especially post meta events, they will be offered free student/ Hunter slots.
- GMs are paid 500K - 1 mill Gaia gold per month based on their activity
- GMs are also given the Nergal Seed payment, which can be used to purchase any minipet on the site
- Lastly being a GM, you will get the information and updates on upcoming events, and help plot and plan with the other staff and admin! You will get the chance to create your own class, run events, and help build and structure TiH, we think that's pretty exciting!

HIRING FORM

IF YOU ARE NOT INTIMIDATED BY THIS WALL OF TEXT, HERE IS THE APPLICATION FORM TO DROP OFF FOR HIRING!

[size=16][color=orange][b]I am interested in becoming a GM![/b][/size][/color]

[b]Do I have any characters in this shop already?[/b] If yes, list which ones.
[b]Do I gm/ art/ run any other shops currently? [/b] If yes, list which ones.
[b]Do I have experience running past shops (ones that are not running right now)[/b] If yes, list which ones
[b]Are there any references I can use (other people) who can vouch for me?[/b] If yes, list a few.
[b]Please post EXAMPLES of work you have done either as a gm or active RPer with links. This can be from ANY shop.[/b] Examples here

[b]CREATIVE CONTENT: MAKING A PROFESSOR.[/b] You have been granted an Amityville Staff NPC! What's their job? What classroom do they teach? This will be your NPC for the duration of this exercise. If you are hired, you do not need to use this NPC. We also request that your character fills a role/teaches a subject not listed below.
[quote]
[b]Amityville Staff/Filled Professors/Current Courses:[/b]
- Headmistress
- Secretary
- Gym
- Botany Basics
- Curses, Spells, and Hexes
- Shadowcraft
- Human Studies
- School Nurse
- Librarian
- Janitor
- Science
- Minipet Training
- Arts and Crafts
- Etiquette
- Music
- Theater
- Magical Theory[/quote]

[b]CREATIVE CONTENT: FIRST CLASSROOM[/b]. Alright! Now that you have your NPC, it's time to open up your first classroom! Please describe what your class is like. What will you have the students do on your first day of teaching?

[b]CREATIVE CONTENT: OPEN CLASSROOM[/b]. Now that you have the teacher/staff member and subject, it's time to create an Open Classroom. Please see [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22512957]this thread for the template![/url] Make sure it relates to your subject.

:!: I AGREE THAT BY SUBMITTING THIS I AM LETTING THE STAFF REVIEW MY FORM, and that they may also use my open classroom idea if they really like it okay :!:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:55 pm
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: HIRING ARTISTS

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you are an artist who has amazing ideas for TiH characters and would love to contribute to the community with your work, then this job is for you! Please take the time to read the guidelines below.

Rules and Guidelines

RULES AND GUIDELINES

- We are hiring 1-2 PART TIME ARTISTS. Part time artists have little to no obligation, but are promoted to full time artists based on their work activity and assistance, especially during metaplot heavy seasons and taking on things such as student growths.
- The work quota for a PART TIME ARTIST IS 1-2 students a month. It can be a freebie or a growth or a premade!
- If a part time artist needs to go on hiatus, they may simply inform the admin at any point in time. Part time artists can demote themselves to guest artists and then back to part time if they have a busier schedule.
- Artists are NOT required to know the TiH world, but reading the general front page setting is a plus!

Requirements

REQUIREMENTS:

- YOU SHOULD HAVE AIM. If you don't have it already, simply install it by going on the AIM website. We really like to get a hold of our artists!
- YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE AN ART PROGRAM at least. If you are unsure where your standards are or if you can apply, here are some references you can use as a basic example of what we are looking for when it comes to the TiH style. At the moment we are LOOKING FOR artists who are comfortable with drawing in a more anime-based style. This is not mandatory, but it would be a plus!
- Student art ref/style samples:
[ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
- Hunter art ref/style samples:
[ x ] [ x ]

ART GUIDELINES AND STYLE BREAKDOWN

Basic artist guidelines:

General Student Guidelines

- FOR THE LOVE OF BOB W/E PLEASE KEEP STUDENTS HUMANOID. They wear little magical pins so they are kept in their humanoid form during class hours. Idk how a mermaid would sit on a desk.
- Missing arms/limbs/ a detacheable head is fine. An extra appendage or two is fine
- Wings, feathered arms/legs, scales, head crests, spines, horns and tails are all okay.
- Please keep the face as 'human' as possible. Pseudo anthro is fine, ears tail, fur. Dont do the muzzle thing if you can avoid it, try to avoid things like beaks, insect mandibles, etc etc D: Full on werewolf anthro giant hulking figure that spans 10 feet tall, not so much. The main reason is we're trying to keep a certain specific shop image here.
- If they are gelatinous, try to make them LOOK jello-y ie: dripping limbs and such and not like.. a giant puddle. Again the point of the exercise is to keep them as humanoid as possible, giving the shop a uniform look.
- All artists can go about arting as they please, but try to adhere to the general "TiH" look
- All students should wear a skull-shaped lapel pin, you can put it anywhere you want.
- Unless approved by admin, first years should all look 'young' ( 12 - 18 )

Hunter Guidelines

+ One long white coat coat (see style refs for Hunters). How they wear it open or closed is up to you. They can wear ANYTHING underneath it, or little accessories or trinkets such as belts and such over it.
+ The markings on the coat AND the colour of the scarf should be one UNIFORM colour. You can choose any colour of your liking.
+ One coloured scarf. How you want it hanging on them is up to you (like a bow/tie/ etc etc), please do not decorate the scarf itself, it is a plain, simple fabric
+ The main colours are WHITE (base of the coat), any colour scarf AND uniform trim colour (ie: where the blue is), AND gold. The gold pattern on the coat/back depends ON the student's 'alignment, to the very right. You are free to choose ANY alignment, but the coat gold pattern on the bottom of the coat should match (see the ref image)
+ THEY SHOULD ALL HAVE A WEAPON. Please make this weapon as creative as you like, but they should be rather large and stylized.
+ BE CREATIVE with weapons (a huge part of who they are, these reapers TALK to their weapons, so you can imagine) as well as their accessories, hair style, etc etc.
+ You are free to take liberties on the coat somewhat. That means you can make it crinkled, add a SMALL "tailored" pattern onto it, or add patches/ stiches/ have it ripped. Try to focus detail on everything BUT the coat uniform. Please do not change or tweak/ add things to the Hunter division emblem on the back of the coat.
+ Deus Hunter Trainees are ranged in age between 16 - 25

BONUSES AND ARTIST PERKS

BONUSES AND ARTIST PERKS:

- After working for a probationary period, artists will be allowed to take on customs, bribes, pet trades, and even use their credits to purchase freebies for themselves or friends. They may also take irl commissions. 100% of the commission goes to the artist, 100% for bribes and customs, and 90% from auctions (the 10% goes to help us pay for the gm staff!)
- Hired artists can also work on minipets and earn credits to make themselves or friends minipet SEs OR redeem them for any minipet on site using the Nergal Seed credit system.

WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MINIS ARTISTS

MINIS ARTIST HIRING

If you do not feel like your human art is up to par, but you love to draw and design creatures, then perhaps minipet arting is best for you! We are always looking for minipet artists, and you will also get access to being able to create your own minis SEs as well as use the Nergal Seed credit system.

HIRING FORM

HIRING FORM: ARTISTS

[size=16][b][color=red] I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO BE A TIH ARTIST[/b][/size][/color]

[b]Shops you have worked at:[/b] Names here:
[b] Examples of your work:[/b] LINKS HERE
[b] How long does it take you to make a character?[/b] Approx time here.
[b]What is your availability currently like?[/b] Status here
[b]Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student![/b]

[b]:!: BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL CHARACTERS, though the art credit will of course be mine. :!: [/b]

HIRING FORM: MINIS ARTISTS

[size=16][b][color=teal] I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO BE A TIH MINIS ARTIST[/b][/size][/color]

[b]Shops you have worked at:[/b] Names here:
[b] Examples of your work:[/b] LINKS HERE
[b] How long does it take you to make a 3 stage "minipet"?[/b] Approx time here.
[b]What is your availability currently like?[/b] Status here
[b]Please make AT LEAST one sample three stage minipet, from egg, baby, to adult stage. Feel free to make a few alt colours as well. [/b]

[b]:!: BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL MINIPETS, though the art credit will of course be mine. :!: [/b]

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm
HELP ADVERTISE!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22696751][img]http://halloween.thesporkedken.com/hiringbanner.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22696751][img]http://halloween.thesporkedken.com/hiringbanner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22696751][img]http://halloween.thesporkedken.com/hiringbanner3.jpg[/img]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Everyone who applies OR advertises in their sig with this banner will be eligible for a random limited minipet!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm
APPLICATIONS FOR ARTISTS AND GMS CLOSE ON MARCH 20th @ 11:59 PM PST AND ARE OPEN NOW  

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm
exclaim If you have any questions regarding hiring, please ask them here thank you! exclaim  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 pm
I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO BE A TIH MINIS ARTIST

Shops you have worked at: Legends of Abelsia (Very old), Sylvia
Examples of your work: [x][x][x][x]
How long does it take you to make a 3 stage "minipet"? A couple hours. The current sample submitted took roughly an hour and a half. And then about 20-30 minutes to color the alt.
What is your availability currently like? Pretty much every day for a good chunk of the day with the exception of Tuesdays.
Please make AT LEAST one sample three stage minipet, from egg, baby, to adult stage. Feel free to make a few alt colours as well.
EyeSnatcher
EyeSnatcher Alt
EyeSnatcher Nergal
Bushineko
Crabstals + alts

exclaim BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL MINIPETS, though the art credit will of course be mine. exclaim  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:41 pm
I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO BE A TIH ARTIST

Shops you have worked at: None
Examples of your work:

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Portfolio of misc work

How long does it take you to make a character? 1-4 hours (Student Sample took 2 hours)
What is your availability currently like? Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm EST through AIM

Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student!
Student Sample
Student Sample 2

exclaim BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL CHARACTERS, though the art credit will of course be mine. exclaim  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 am
I am interested in becoming a GM!

Do I have any characters in this shop already? YES JD and Cady and Washington Becker
Do I gm/ art/ run any other shops currently? nope C:
Do I have experience running past shops (ones that are not running right now) Er. No? XD
Are there any references I can use (other people) who can vouch for me? no i am forever aloneon
Please post EXAMPLES of work you have done either as a gm or active RPer with links. This can be from ANY shop. 
TiH First Annual Prom (co-ran DJ booth with SleepZombie & did support graphics for the booth)

Prom ORP (moonshop, just an orp I threw up, it was fun!)

Sgt Pepper Interest thread (Moonshop, did graphics and designed event)

Sgt Pepper ORP event thread (moonshop, graphics and running event (slloooowwly lol))

Battle Guide for TiH (battle guide me and pokemattix put together for the contest! I did my own posts & the graphics. poke did her posts and also whipped cady's butt and it was epic)

Solo, Arcadia (student solo under 'love' status effect, idek ok)

PRP, Johnny Danger and Nio Love's Freya (PRP, under 'love' status effect, once again idek ok)

PRP, Lt. Gypsum & Lu Force's Kallichore (just a reg prp, not a battle or nuffin!)

CREATIVE CONTENT: MAKING A PROFESSOR. 

Quote:
PROFESSOR: Helice Navius, Reaper/Augur; very angry Cafeteria Line Manager* and Hallway Monitor Extrodinare -Exactly Where You Don't Want Her to Be, Guaranteed
SUBJECT: AUGURY & ARITHMANCY [Future Studies]

*You know, the professor who seems to always appear out of nowhere when you try to cut the line. And then makes you go to the back. And shames you in front of your family and peers. Oooohh, spooooooky.

CREATIVE CONTENT: FIRST CLASSROOM.  Alright!  Now that you have your NPC, it's time to open up your first classroom!  Please describe what your class is like.  What will you have the students do on your first day of teaching?

Quote:
The augury 'classroom', such as it is, is moderately sized yet surprisingly airy. It is located adjacent to the cafeteria. High in the rafters are sunken, gaping holes that let in rain and sun. Professor Helice calls them skylights, and the materials for the class are stowed away in various safe zones, outside the range of the elements. The room itself smells faintly of mold and cafeteria lunch; which is to say, it smells like cafeteria food in general. The walls are relatively sparse: adorned with black slate chalkboard and little else. Pools of tepid water, stowed in what appear to be old and mismatched birdbaths are scattered throughout the room. Rusty looking wood-and-metal stools surround them. Lichen creates a soft carpet on the floors - underneath which is cool stone. The teacher's desk itself rests in one of the larger storage areas and is walled off on three sides by towering bookshelves. It seems all manner of fortune-telling swag is littered across the desk - tarot cards (the limited edition cannon cat deck, of all things), old molding tea leaves, even a cup of carved knucklebones. The large, rickety-looking lounger beside it sits unoccupied. The instructor herself seems to be nowhere in sight.

On the walls adjacent to this area are massive chalkboards filled with names and calculations. The endless series of numbers seems nearly meaningless. What could be the significance? A smaller, wheeled board lends a clue: scrawled meanderingly across it is an assignment.

Quote:
Choose a partner, and calculate thy fate
in the greater number lies the victor

Underneath this text is some kind of chart, with a key...

Quote:

User Image

OOC Instructions: To many students, this might look like a bunch of rubbish, but to those clever few gifted with a sharp mind (at least when it comes to math), you can see that she's pulled the numbers associated for her name from the chart, added them up, and then (if the value was greater than 9) added each digit up until she got a number in the single digits. And, according to the instructions, the student whose number is greater than his partner...wins? But what, you ask?

Ok, that might be a bit of a stretch. Feel free to wait for the tardy instructor to make an appearance before attacking the assignment! This is all a bit ridiculous, isn't it? Next thing you know someone will be asking you to do a Cannon Cat reading...

CREATIVE CONTENT: OPEN CLASSROOM.  Now that you have the teacher/staff member and subject, it's time to create an Open Classroom.  Please see this thread for the template! Make sure it relates to your subject.

Quote:
NAME OF CLASS: AUGURY & ARITHMANCY [Future Studies]
PROFESSOR NAME: Helice Navius, Professor

General Information: In Augury & Arithmancy (nicknamed 'Future Studies'), students are expected to exercise basic math skills and a whole lot of 'creative thinking' to (erroneously) predict the future.

The Course: This week's assignment relates to the class's namesake - augury. As such, it will be completed outside - much to the relief of anyone suffering from a mold allergy. Professor/Hall Monitor Helice wants YOU...To spend a goodly part of your free time looking for SIGNS AND PORTENTS. Oooohhhhh. Students are expected to spend a few hours absorbing some good ol'...well, WHATEVER can be found in the great outdoors, and look for birdsign!

...Or cannon cat sign. They both fly, right?

At any rate, take your notes carefully, and try not to let any pesky critters steal your pen...

Mechanics You may repeat this challenge 3 times, using one of the 3 rulesets listed below each time. You may NOT repeat a ruleset (aka, you cannot do two 'night' observations).

BEFORE YOU BEGIN EACH ATTEMPT: Roll a 4-sided die. This will determine how observant your student is feeling today! If the result is 4, add +1 to your following rolls. If it is 1, subtract 1. Otherwise, take rolls at face value. You can use this post to have your student set out into the great outdoors, or gather their supplies, or whatever suits your fancy!

Also, as a note, these are listed in EASIEST to HARDEST succession. It would behoove you to attempt them in order to achieve the greatest success....Or not. Whatever.

MORNING OBSERVATION

Roll 1 8 sided die for each observation post. You must attempt to observe birdsign 4 times. Use the chart below to determine what you saw!

Morning Birds

1 or less - You see nothing. The skies are oddly empty. Additionally, it would seem a gremlin made off with your pen and paper. Jack damn you, outdoors! Looks like you better head back to your dorm for more supplies...
2 - You think you saw a cannon cat.
3 - A scareon freedom flits by. Too bad it's not a bird.
4 - Oh, Lil Chilly, if only penguins were real birds.
5 - An All Seeing Eye flits by. You guess that counts.
6 - A flock of Passerain flit by. How lovely.
7 - Was that a Wild Corrividus?
8 or more- A majestic Carry On Pheonix flies by. This MUST be a good omen! Is that a jacking rainbow, wtf.

Bonus Mechanic: If any of your 4 observations were actual birds (denoted by an underline), add +1 to your rolls for your next RP! This stacks with bonuses gained from previous attempts!

NOON OBSERVATION

Roll 1 8 sided die for each observation post. You must attempt to observe birdsign 4 times. Use the chart below to determine what you saw!

Noon Birds

1 or less - You see nothing. The skies are oddly empty. Additionally, it would seem a Ravenous Pirate Hippo made off with your pen and paper. Jack damn you, outdoors! Looks like you better head back to your dorm for more supplies...
2 - You think you saw a cannon cat.
3 - A Demon Cat flits by. Too bad it's not a bird.
4 - You wince as a Veggies Tearjerker decides to root next to you. That ODOR. Subtract 1 from rolls for the remainder of this RP; your tears cloud your eyesight.
5 - A Venus Flycat! Well, it has fly in the name, but unfortunately that doesn't count.
6 - A Scis Bird scissors along past you. You guess that counts.
7 - Was that a Broken Bird Clock? Success!
8 or more- A lovely Churrpup Blue Jay soars past- and straight into a castle window. Whoops. Well, whatever, point is, you saw it.

Bonus Mechanic: If any of your 4 observations were actual birds, add +1 to your rolls for your next RP! This stacks with bonuses gained from previous attempts!

NIGHT OBSERVATION

Night Birds

1 or less - You see nothing. The skies are oddly empty. Additionally, it would seem a Bunnicula made off with your pen and paper. Jack damn you, outdoors! Looks like you better head back to your dorm for more supplies...
2 - You think you saw The Creep. You really prefer the cannon cats, this guy gives you the heebie jeebies.
3 - A Hip bat flits by. Too bad it's not a bird.
4 - You wince as a Spoilers decides to root next to you. That ODOR. Subtract 1 from rolls for the remainder of this RP; your tears cloud your eyesight.
5 - An Eye Candy! But for some reason, this one doesn't count. Darn you, lack of feathers.
6 - A Kirinni Bat darts past. Drat.
7 - Was that a Dark Delight Owl? Success!
8 or more- A Hoot Whos soars past- which is odd because according to the Minipedia they are unreleased. By JACK, you broke the game.

Bonus Mechanic: If any of your 4 observations were actual birds, add +1 to your rolls for your next RP! This stacks with bonuses gained from previous attempts!

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN...

LOSE: Something steals your paper. When this happens, you have to wrap up your observing early!
Otherwise, finish your 4 rolls and consider it completed. You may attempt this exercise as outlined 3 times (using each different ruleset once!)

exclaim I AGREE THAT BY SUBMITTING THIS I AM LETTING THE STAFF REVIEW MY FORM, and that they may also use my open classroom idea if they really like it okay exclaim

Quote:

Shops you have worked at: Did a few things for Fa'e?
Examples of your work: DA Tumblr most recent personal website
How long does it take you to make a character? Few days?
What is your availability currently like? 5pm - 12am CST weekdays; all day Sat/Sun
Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student!

ROLLER DERBY REAPER

exclaim BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL CHARACTERS, though the art credit will of course be mine. exclaim

Quote:

Shops you have worked at: Did a few chars for Fa'e
Examples of your work: DA Tumblr
How long does it take you to make a 3 stage "minipet"? a few hours? day max
What is your availability currently like? 5pm - 12am CST weekdays; all day Sat/Sun
Please make AT LEAST one sample three stage minipet, from egg, baby, to adult stage. Feel free to make a few alt colours as well.
big version
stages and alts
stage 2 animated

exclaim BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM I HAVE AGREED THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTIST RULES ABOVE AND THAT THE STAFF CAN USE ANY PREMADES I MAKE HERE AS OFFICIAL MINIPETS, though the art credit will of course be mine. exclaim  

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Shops you have worked at: uhhh. star*chasers, Only in Kenya ... idk those were a while ago xD Nothing recent enough to matter?
Examples of your work: tumblr, 1, 2, 3
How long does it take you to make a character? 4-5 hours, but thats not counting distractions and school I suppose
What is your availability currently like? uhh. Most of the day on the weekends, any time from 2:30 to 11 PST during weekdays. /no life
Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student! MADE IT TODAY xD It's inspired by a hantu air, but it could be a lot of things I suppose ...
edit: made another one wopwop > A>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Shops you have worked at: None
Examples of your work: Example 1 Example 2 Example 3

The first two examples are commissions for current TIH members of their characters.

How long does it take you to make a character? Around 3 days, give or take some time. (Works slow T.T)
What is your availability currently like? Available weekends and between 3 - 10 PM EST weekdays.
Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student! Resubmitting this guy because he's actually a design for a TIH RP character I had. I've been considering questing for him. smile

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

nekoluch

Tricky Pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Shops you have worked at: 0
Examples of your work: Candy Corgon SE + those currently in circulation on the minisite
How long does it take you to make a 3 stage "minipet"? Depends, but anywhere from 3 hours to a full day.
What is your availability currently like? Good. I can be found at least once within a 24 hour period on gaia and/or aim.

Three stages + Strawberry Concept
Sketch Dralla Concept

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 pm
I am interested in becoming a GM!

Do I have any characters in this shop already? Junko, Sibyl and Candace Pennington.
Do I gm/ art/ run any other shops currently? No
Do I have experience running past shops (ones that are not running right now) Not entire shops but I have assisted/run events for shops.
Are there any references I can use (other people) who can vouch for me? Enoh Love and...the other girl isn't on Gaia anymore. QQ
Please post EXAMPLES of work you have done either as a gm or active RPer with links. This can be from ANY shop.
Most shops I have helped with have been owned by friends. More specifically I ran a month long event for D-Corp while its shop owner was busy with RL things. Holy crap I somehow found it
I also assisted Enoh with her Curio shop doing things such as helping run events, flat-coloring art for her when she was trying to push through her worklist, acting as a 'guard dog' type, keeping track of things such as the monthly points of all the owners in the shop because I LIKE LISTS, and general chaos upkeep. I learned how to use spreadsheets because of that thing.
For TiH specifically I have done Student Council events.
Terror Warrior Concession Stand
Red's Day
Scarentine's Prize booth prizes made by me
Junko's wing pawn game
And I'm a boss as keeping things updated and in order.
As for active RP?
There is Candace's journal RP Log, Points Tracker
And Junko's journal RP Log, Points Tracker

CREATIVE CONTENT: MAKING A PROFESSOR.
Professor: Iona Grimm; a delightfully plump old witch who loves to feed all the scarelings. Yes, deary! Have some more. Are you still hungry? Goodness but you are a frail little thing! Here, eat some more. She is always munching on some kind of strange food that just...doesn't look right, always, and a typical compliment from her is you look good enough to eat.
Subject: Frightfully Delicious Baking! Because the way to a human's heart is through their stomach!

Quote:
Amityville Staff/Filled Professors/Current Courses:
- Headmistress
- Secretary
- Gym
- Botany Basics
- Curses, Spells, and Hexes
- Shadowcraft
- Human Studies
- School Nurse
- Librarian
- Janitor
- Science
- Minipet Training
- Arts and Crafts
- Etiquette
- Music
- Theater
- Magical Theory

CREATIVE CONTENT: FIRST CLASSROOM.
It was like stepping into something out of an old fairy tale. The room was large, old and rustic, like one of those cottages you stumble upon in the middle of the forest; it also smelled of spices and gingerbread..wait, gingerbread? Are you sure that's gingerbread? Whatever it is, something is most definitely already being baked in the large oven in the wall that seems large enough to fit a whole person inside. Curious. Beside the large oven is a large, open cabinet with its shelves filled with an assortment of different ingredients both of the common and uncommon variety; a jar of eyeballs--was that one still blinking?!--a sack of blackened...flour? A jar of deadly nightshade, a can labeled "Frog's Breath", a jar labeled "Worm's Wart", several jars of sugar with a sign in front of them that read "FOR CLASS PURPOSES ONLY!!!!!" after word of sugar-addicted students had reached the ears of the class' professor, Eye of Newt, a jar of cockroaches, ground up...skeleton..? It seemed some of these things shouldn't belong in a kitchen. Interesting.

To the other side of the oven was a giant meat grinder with a heavy duty crank that would require all of one's strength to push and at least two arms. There was still a bit of meat hanging from it and--...that's an arm. Just ignore that. It must be your imagination.

Lined up in the room are several long tables, each with six seats positioned neatly on either side with almost obsessive attention to detail. Each seat has a small piece of cardstock on the table in front of it with the same cheerful little welcome message and a recipe listed underneath.

Quote:
Welcome! Please sit and enjoy yourselves!

Today we are going to be making Meat Pies with my own special family recipe!

The recipe is scrawled underneath in the same handwriting as the message itself. Ingredients and instructions are both included. There's one problem, they seem to be typical meat pie ingredients but there are the professor's own comments added to several of them.

Quote:
    1 medium potato, peeled and cubed Please use the knives only on your ingredients, not on each other! I know your partners may look delectable and sweet but I'd rather not have to explain to Nurse Cricket why she suddenly has half-eaten students in her office...again.
    1 pound ground meat. I find that the less you know about the meat you are using today the better! We'll save that for next class!
    1/3 clove garlic, chopped For those of you allergic to garlic, you may leave this ingredient out. I understand.
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme I've found Deadly Nightshade works just as well! If you're feeling ambitious, simply ask!
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 teaspoon salt For those of you who are in some way allergic to or react negatively to salt (you poor, poor slime monsters!), please let me know and I can provide you with a substitute of my own creation! 100% guaranteed to maybe not kill you!
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper Don't breathe it in. I did that once. It hurts.
    1/4 teaspoon dried sage
    1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts Normally I would loathe to use something premade and frozen but for the sake of time I will be providing all of you with these!

At the front of the room checking on a boiling pot of water is a short, stout old witch. She did not seem to pay the class much attention at first, especially when whatever was in the pot tried to climb out and she had to beat it back in with her wooden spoon.

--- CLASS STARTO

It was an epic battle between tentacle and witch that ended with the witch coming out as the victor with the sly move of slamming a lid onto the pot and latching it closed. There was a shriek as part of a tentacle was cut off by the lid and fell to the floor, wiggling a few moments in agony until it burst into FEAR particles. Hmph! Collecting herself, the old witch finally turned to the rest of the class when she felt good and ready. As she turned the windows locked and the only door out of the room slammed shut with a loud BANG!

"Welcome, welcome, welcome! So glad to see you all here, yes!" She greeted the class with a too-wide grin. "Yes, yes. Have a seat. Settle down--oh, aren't you sweet--and be sure to read your cards! Meat pies are what we will be making. Now if you'll all just go and collect the ingredients in the pantry while I pass out your utensils and pie crusts we can begin!" Professor Iona gestured to the large pantry with its strange assortment of ingredients. Dare you approach it?

OOC Instructions!
You need to get your ingredients! Please roll 1d12 and act out your result, simple as that! You may roll 5 times. Don't get all your ingredients? Oops..! I'm sure your pie will uh...be fine...

1. Success! You get dried thyme!
2. Success! You get black pepper! Or well..you knock it over and get most of it on your face but hey you still got the black pepper!
3. Fail...? You reached for the sack of potatoes but instead find in your arms is a sack of shrunken heads.
4. Success! You have an onion. This is a major life achievement for you.
5. Fail...? Instead of salt you find you now have a bag of blackened flour with the words Graveyard Ash scribbled out. But it smells like candy! It can't be all bad!
6. Epic fail. You have nothing.
7. Success! You have acquired dried sage!
8. Success! You have acquired garlic! Just flick that cockroach off it, it's okay. The cockroach doesn't hold a grudge.
9. Success! Po-ta-toes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in your pie. Except please don't boil or mash them.
10. Fail! That, my dear, is a jar of eyes.
11. Success! You have acquired salt!
12. Success! You have found the meat! It doesn't look like the meat from the cafeteria but let's not question this right now.

CREATIVE CONTENT: OPEN CLASSROOM. Now that you have the teacher/staff member and subject, it's time to create an Open Classroom. Please see this thread for the template! Make sure it relates to your subject.

NAME OF CLASS: Fear Baking
PROFESSOR NAME: Iona Grimm

General Information: In Baking 101 students will be given a random recipe that they must work with and finish at a satisfactory level. Everything they could ever need can be found in the cupboards and in the pantry. But be careful with what you use! Reach into the wrong drawer and the old witch's magic might trigger something disastrous!

Mechanics:

PART ONE
What will you be baking? Roll 1 d10 to find out! This is important, really.

1. Gingerbread Spookies
2. Meat Pie
3. Terrormisu
4. Baja the Hutcakes
5. Boofflé
6. Cake
7. Brownies
8. Muffins
9. Scones
10. Bread

Now that you have what you're baking, how does it turn out? Roll 1 d6

1. Is that a lump of coal...? Get out of here. You fail. Please come back and try again when you've learned how to bake.
2. Kind of charred. Maybe if you just cut it open...roll 1 d4 to determine if it's safe. 1-2 is failure, 3-4 is passing.
3. The inside is a little mushy but it shouldn't kill anyone.
4. It's a little crisp but cut off the edges and it'll be okay!
5. Satisfactory. You did well!
6. AMAZING THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

PART TWO
Something is wrong. Regardless of your roll result (as long as it's passing!) it would seem that one of Iona's special secret ingredients somehow got into your food! This special ingredient apparently lures hungry beasts.

No, seriously. They are very hungry.

HP: 35

Fight them off!

Part two instructions
1. Roll one d6! This determines recoil damage every time you attack hit or miss!
2. Attack! Roll according to your current year's battle mechanics, but no FEAR attacks!
3. If your HP hits 0 you fail and have to start all over again next time!
4. An apple a day keeps the doctor away! You get one heal! Why only one? Because do you really want to trust more than one of the apple with the skull on it sitting on the counter there? At any point you may forgo an attack roll to roll 1 d20! You are healed for the amount you roll, and since there was no attack you don't suffer from recoil. Yay!

PART THREE
You have defeated the boss and saved your assignment! Yay!

If at any point you used said assignment as a weapon...

Get out. Please.

exclaim I AGREE THAT BY SUBMITTING THIS I AM LETTING THE STAFF REVIEW MY FORM, and that they may also use my open classroom idea if they really like it okay exclaim  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

childs menu

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 am

Shops you have worked at: uhhh not b/c shops but I have done art shops before~
Examples of your work: DA
How long does it take you to make a character? 1-2 days
What is your availability currently like? I'm available mostly, but at times school/my job can be a bit consuming
Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. here ya go

^woot yes that sounds great use her as much as you want ;)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Shops you have worked at: P!R!I!N!C!E!S!S! (old)
Examples of your work: oldest x x newest
How long does it take you to make a character? 4-6 hours, not including breaks/school in between.
What is your availability currently like? Weekends + 3-5 PM and 9-10 PM PST
Please make AT LEAST one premade character sample of a "This is Halloween" student. If you choose to make more than one you can also make one Hunter as well, but if you are only submitting one it must be a student! We should have more undead badgers

Syusaki

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces