Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ Questing Dat Character!} Now with moar Hunters as well!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 pm
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CHARACTER

Awesome, you've come to the right place! This is the subspace where you can make as many quest characters as you'd like! I highly recommend you make one questing thread PER character, but that is up to you (simply for navigational purposes).

By making a quest character, we are by no means guaranteeing you will get that character but it is said occasionally the questing fairy will come and choose awesome concepts ... or something like that *cough*

AMITYVILLE STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM

[size=12][b]AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM[/b][/size]

[size=11][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nicknames:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Faction/Race[/b] (Demons/Monsters/Reapers/Undead/Ghost)
[b]Natural Ability:[/b] (This is an ability shared by ALL MEMBERS of your class/subspecies. It does nothing in battle -- it merely adds to RP. Shapeshifting, being able to phase through walls, and having the ability to talk to animals are natural abilities. Being able to fly or breathe underwater are not UNLESS your species normally doesn't do that (ie a rock golem that can break apart and levitate). Keep in mind that you can have only [b]ONE[/b]. If there are two listed in the species guide for your species, you may pick only [b]ONE.[/b])

[b]Personality:[/b] (Let us know a little about them, give us a small paragraph about their personality, traits, character quirks, and the likes.)

[b]Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?[/b] (what do they wish to learn, what classes are they interested in)

[b]FEAR:[/b] (What makes them tick? AKA: what is their power, derived from fear. This is the fear they [i]cause[/i] not a fear they [i]have[/i]. I.E. this is their special ability.) Please do NOT create dice mechanics for this!

[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[i]Eye Colour:[/i]
[i]Hair Colour/Style:[/i]
[i]Skin Colour:[/i]
[i]Clothing Style/Colours:[/i] (remember everything is Halloween-ish)
[i]Extra:[/i] (mutations, bulbous nose, freckles, etc.)
[i]References:[/i] (if applicable)
[/size]

DEUS EX (Hunter) ENROLLMENT FORM

Deus Ex Machina students consist of TiH's sixth race "Hunters". They are assigned missions in their own private guild, as well as their own series of RPs, but are also given the chance to rp within Amity as well from the missions. They are a direct 'antagonist' to Halloween, but prefer to remain more covertly so until the right moment. While you may choose to quest for a Hunter, we generally do not give many of these out due to their slightly newer role.

PLEASE CHECK OUT HUNTER FORMS HERE

HOW MANY QUEST CHARACTER THREADS CAN I MAKE

As many as you want.. really XD Though we recommend a couple of characters at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:03 pm
SOME GENERAL GUIDELINES:

- Your character must adopt a HUMANOID form during school hours, so they dont clutter up the hallways. No fish legs, no giant monstrous bloated body, try to find something more 'adaptable.'
- Your character may show their 'true' form in battles and/or outside of campus.
- Please be REASONABLE when it comes to their Fear abilities, don't godmod.
- Some creatures can be CREATED in Halloween. This is reasonable enough, not all of them have to be kids from genetic parents.
- All first years are the same age group, or look of a similar 'young' age. It simply means they are newer and more untrained in their Fear. Their physical traits develop as they become stronger and have a greater grasp in Fear.
- All characters MUST be scary in some way or form, from physical appearance to actions. Please keep the setting and theme of Halloween in mind when creating your character.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 pm
QUESTING FAQ

Q: I dont understand Fear! what is it?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19903331

Q: I dont understand the world of Halloween. How do these characters come to be?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19872753

Q: Can we quest for mini-pets?

Mini pets are only handed out in special events and rare occasions outside of their usual schedule, they cannot be regularly customised. Most of them are not very intelligent anyway and dont really have TOO much of a personality .. XD

Q: Can we quest for teachers/NPC staff

Sadly applying to become a moderator is over and done with. We have a great group of teacher and support staff at this moment. All characters in this shop that can be played are students: teachers are there are NPCS to help students: they do not develop themselves, they have already developed! HOWEVER
- Students may eventually turn into Alumni (4th and final stage) and be able to be TA, teach honourary classes and hold seminars in classrooms
- Certain select students MIGHT be chosen in a class to become the 'Teacher's attendant'. They get to do special chores and stuff
- There is a student council where they will be able to plan their own events (will still need approval of admin to put proposal into plan, but you get the idea).

Q: I have a character that is half monster half demon

Choose one.
Monster = offensive attacks, stronger attack power
Demon = more spiritual/stealth w/e attacks

If you're having issue choosing one, think of which one your character fits more in the Species Directories

Q: Can I have a monster with 1010 tentacles and wings and a fish tail?

All students must be HUMANOID in form. THEY CANNOT HAVE SNAKE TORSOS OR MERMAID TAILS or whatnot. They have to have be able to not clog the hallways (relatively). Because of this, many students can "shapeshift", changing from their more humanoid form to their 'natural' form.

Q: What is a natural ability?

A natural ability is a skill that EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THAT SUBSPECIES CAN USE. For example, all kitsune can use foxfire. It goes OUTSIDE their battle/Fear ability. Do not worry about them for now unless your character is approved, then discuss this with us if your subspecies is not in the subspecies directory (still WIP but coming soon!)

If you have wings you can fly. If your character's species is normally non-humanoid, you can switch between your student's humanoid (art) form and your natural form while in Halloween. Outside of it, you are stuck in your natural form (not student art).

Q: Can I have more than one quest?
Yes

What is the difference between 'Enrollment' and 'Questing'?

Enrollment means YOU ARE GETTING A STUDENT FOR SURE, a staff has pmed you already OR you already have a student. An administrator such as Maru, Lizbot or myself must approve of your student before you can start a journal/dorm room for them. We will work with you one-on-one to make sure this happens.

Can I rp with questing characters in the thread?

Not until they become real characters.

Wahhh someone is questing the same subspecies as me!

You can have more than one of a subspecies. I'm pretty sure there is more than one werewolf around. You can also have more than one type of Fear, such as 'ice attacks' (what kind), etc.

What age are they starting off as at school?

All denizens that are unmastered in Fear start off small. They probably look like the scrawniest, unhappiest of their lot, and have most likely gone to school to sharpen up. They will look small and young. On the questing form it will say age, please type in their APPEARANCE AGE, so the questing fairy doesn't get confused when doing your art if they choose your chest.

Wtf is the questing fairy?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It is a magical fairy who's wings are made purely of 100% non-Twilight sparkle powder. It likes to eat unicorn farts and silver pumpkin seeds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:09 am
Quest Tags and You!

[Q] Stands for Quest. A Quest is a write-up of the character YOU would like to RP.

[READY!] Means you're ready for the staff to look over your character. Someone on staff will post in your thread saying they are looking over it, and will either post constructive crit in your thread or PM it to you.

[Accepted] Means that a staff member feels that your character fits into the world setting. You can enter your character into any custom or concept contests.

[Enrollment] Means your character's art is on the way. Once your have your art, you may create your journal and begin to RP!
During enrollment, staff may go over your quest again, to make sure everything is alright. You may be requested to change certain aspects of your character, if it's decided that they are not acceptable within the shop context.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas