Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Application Quests
[Q] Sailor Sinon, Senshi of Lies [CRIT/MARK PLZ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syusaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 pm
Syu's quests:
Lt. Dravite
Lt. Childrenite
Cavalier Aeris
Lt. Gypsum
Sailor Daedalus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:40 pm
Name: Sydney Martin

Nicknames: n/a

Birthday: March 20th

Sign: Pisces

Blood Type: O

Fav. Food: Sweets, fruits

Hated Food: Green vegetables

School: Meadowview

Hobbies: Cheer leading – Her number one hobby, Sydney absolutely loves to cheer other people on. Always full of bubbly energy, she releases all of it into cheering and the various acrobats involved in it. Having always loved the idea of jumping around in a uniform with pompoms, she has done cheer leading for a while and is fairly skilled with the stunts.
Wind chimes – She likes to collect wind chimes. Having often stood on the front steps of her house to patiently wait for her parents to arrive home, she always listened to the chimes gently blow in the wind. From then on Sydney has developed a liking of wind chimes and collects ones that she especially likes, hanging it up in her room.
Decorating – Although not a talented artist, Sydney still has pretty good decorating skills. She likes to individualize her belongings by drawing and writing all over them with markers and pens. Putting on elaborate swirls, flowers, and other things with sharpies and shining pens, as well as cutting out fabric and paper, she can always spot what is hers and what is not.
Crafts – She loves to create delightful handicrafts. Sydney adores making buttons, tissue flowers, jewelry, clothes, everything! She loves to give the various items that she makes to her friends and classmates as well as put them to good use for decorating and such. She is also always delighted to show others how to create things and is constantly willing to teach.

Gemstone: Aquamarine

Virtues: It’s over 9000!!11!1! – Sydney likes to have fun and joke around whenever she can. She firmly believes that laughter is beneficial for the soul and always tries to get others to smile. At times it seems that she purposely acts childish to look silly and glean some giggles and laughs from others. Although she realizes that doing schoolwork and working hard is important, Sydney thinks that relaxation is good to have too. Don't get her wrong though. She knows to punctually complete her work and get down to her responsibilities, but she believes in having fun while working.
What’s this? Let me try! – Sydney likes to try doing new things or new foods. Although she has her long-time hobbies and favorite foods, she has an open mind and always wants to try something different for a change – even if it ends up not permanently becoming one of her absolute favorites. The usual pattern is that if she particularly likes the new thing, she will avidly stick with it for a month or so before devoting all her time to her usual activities. This also helps her be more open minded to the ideas and concepts of others. Homosexuality? S'all good! Goth? How neat. Cold-hearted? Sydney's not deterred.
Tough little girl – Sydney is the class clown and looking for laughs, never hesitating to make a fool of herself. She is used to being teased and made into a joke, she doesn't mind. In fact, she would be more than glad to follow along with the joke and possibly even take it further. Insults also don't faze her that greatly. It's true that she will sometimes be bothered by it, but Sydney tries to not let it get her down. She is also tough in the sense that she's not girly. Sydney isn't afraid to get down and dirty or pull out a punch or two.
Smarter than I appear – Most people believe that Sydney is a silly girl that doesn't pay attention in class, someone who isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, since she is an older sibling she knows to be responsible and on top of things. Sydney gets good grades in school; she's analytical when the time calls for it. Although it is not often one sees this aspect of her, Sydney will be something more than the "class joker" when the situation is dire.

Flaws: How pretty, mine! – A lot of things catch Sydney’s eyes, especially colorful or music-making objects. They immediately catch her attention and she will often drift towards the item with wide, fascinated eyes. If possible, she will also try to claim it for her own. If it's lying on the sidewalk, alright! If it's on a store shelf, she'll sadly walk away. This can also apply to actual people and Sydney will be somewhat possessive of them. Once she has claimed it, it’s difficult for someone to reclaim it if it was originally theirs. It is possible to take it back from her, though it requires much pestering, authority, or even bribery. Her childish refusals to return it often leads to her being treated more as a child and immature.
Can't stop moving – It's hard for Sydney to sit still for very long, she has to be doing something, even resorting to fidgeting or mindlessly shaking her legs and such. This makes her not-so-great at hiding, as her minute movements can give her away and irk others to no end. She also doesn't stay in one place for long. If you see her eagerly showing up at a cafe or doing a certain hobby, expect her to disappear in a month or two, though she may or may not return. Sydney knows her way around town because of this, but isn't familiar with the regulars or the fantastic things a store can offer. She'll nab down the basics of her new hobbies, but never be great at it. Sydney also excitedly enters a party loud and joking, but often silently exits, not to be noticed. This makes her easy to be forgotten and not as close with her peers.
Now you’re on my hit list – Sydney does not take kindly to those that do her or her beloved ones harm. If someone does something to anger her she will be secretly planning her revenge. However, humiliating her victim once or twice appeases her and she acts like that person had never irked her in the first place. The more serious crime someone commits against her or someone she cares for, the harder it is for Sydney to "forgive" them. Currently, there has yet to be a person that she is never willing to forgive.
You’re just going to leave me here? [WEAKNESS] – Sydney does not like to be left alone. While growing up she always had the company of her siblings so that she was never by herself. When left to her own devices in an empty room her first course of action is to seek any and all people within the vicinity. She fears of always being lonely and having to do everything by herself and is usually quite clingy after being alone for a long time.

Physical Description:

Hair: Her hair is mainly rusty-red, the tips of her hair colored so that it quickly fades to orange. Sydney’s hair is layered and messy, the longest strands (which are her side bangs) ending at the nape of her neck.

Eyes: Sydney’s eyes are wide and almond-shaped. They are the exact shade of caramel and have flecks of dark brown.

Face: Despite Sydney’s somewhat childish personality, she has, overall, a mature look. Her face is heart-shaped and her nose small yet somewhat pointed. Usually, her hair hides her ears, but they are small. She has light peach skin and chestnut brown freckles that dot the bridge of her nose. Sydney also has a band aid on the bottom of her left cheek.

Body: Sydney is tall, standing at 5’11”. With a skinny, flat body and long limbs compared with her slight lack of coordination, she can often fall and scrape her knees and elbows, especially when she practices cheer leading. Her arms and legs can be often covered in band aids.

Fashion: Sydney dresses somewhat plainly, often shying away from the concept of layering clothes. At times her style can also be erratic, going from sporty to punk to mature. She also has a penchant for buying plain clothes and decorating them to suit her style. Her tops and pants also tend to be baggy and loose, a size or two a bit too big for her stick-like figure.
She does not do much to the actual uniform itself, for fear of being reprimanded by school faculty. Instead, the brunette opts to messily decorate her shoes as well as making simple markings on her ankles, hands, and sometimes even her face. She also loves to wear friendship bracelets and her ankles and wrists.
Sydney also likes to wear pants or long shorts for more mobility. Due to the combination of her height, hair, and overall appearance, on occasion she can be mistaken for a boy.

Syusaki

Syusaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm
Sailor Sinon, Senshi of Lies

Name Info: Sinon is an asteroid named after the Trojan hero who convinced the Trojans to accept the Greeks' "gift", the Wooden Horse through lying.
Challenge: I've seen through your lies!

Attacks:

1. White Lies - Everyone has told a white lie at some point in their life. Perhaps more than others. Sydney creates white threads, representing the number of white lies that someone has told so far. (The bigger the liar, the more threads there are.) At first they harmlessly swirl around Sydney's target, just like how a white lie is "harmless". However, the target is soon entangled in the numerous threads as they constrict and tighten, becoming as tight and sharp as Sydney wills it.
The threads move relatively slow, so it's quite easy to escape them. They are also weak so with some effort one can manage to break free.

1a. Web of Lies - It is similar to White Lies. However, the number of threads is not dependent on how much the target has lied and there are many threads that slither across the ground to form tangled webs that trap multiple targets. The attack spans at a maximum radius of four feet (but is stronger in a smaller area). The threads are also stronger so that only those who are stronger than average (or manage to use a tool to cut the threads) may break free.

2. Backstabbing Lies - Sometimes one finds out that their beloved has been secretly lying to them. It feels like a stab to the back. Sydney emulates this feeling by manipulating the threads to form sharp, needle ends and stabs her target in the back with them. To successfully pull off the attack, Sydney must be completely focused.

Fuku:

Primary Color: Dark blue
Secondary Color: Dark orchid ((Colors from Deadly Nightshade, a flower that symbolizes deception and danger.))

Collar -- Artist's choice
Bow -- Artist's choice
Bodice -- Artist's choice
Sleeves -- Artist's choice
Brooch -- Artist's choice
Bottoms -- Shorts, design is artist's choice
Tiara -- Artist's choice
Choker -- Artist's choice
Shoes -- Boots similar to these or decorative converses. Or a possible combination of the two.
Gloves -- Fingerless gloves
Accessories -- Swirly, decorative markings on her left hand&wrist and right cheek.

Idea Pictures: Deadly Nightshade // Spider Webs // Coyote // Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 pm
Lieutenant Childrenite (for reference?)

Reason for Joining: Sydney’s personality made for plenty of “friends”. She talked to a lot of people, knew everyone’s names. With keen ears and attentiveness, she knew just about everything that went on at school, sometimes even outside. Despite being so “in the know” and amiable, the brunette could not confidently say that she was close with others and what exactly her classmates were like. She was the joker of the class, but had nearly no close friends. It was lonely, but as long as she was never completely alone she could deal with it. It was always like that, always.

Then came one day in third grade: a girl transferred into Sydney’s class. The class representative and the most amiable student of the class, Sydney was the first to introduce herself. The two immediately hit it off. Although their personalities and views differed somewhat, Sydney and the girl were two peas in a pod. They shared everything, from physical items to opinions to secrets. Nothing could separate them. Sydney was relatively the same. Still cheerful. Still silly. Still in the loop. However, there was always a certain glimmer in her eyes, a certain step in her walk. She was different, but for the better.

Even when they didn’t have a class together, the two remained best friends, their friendship still holding strong when they entered Meadowview High. Sydney figured that their first year of high school would be fantastic and fun. Together they would navigate the new world of high school, discover new interests, new friends, and even more. Who would have thought it would also be the year their relationship of three years would end bitter?

Not long into the school year, Sydney found her friend to be acting quite oddly. The reply she received was a distracted “I’m fine” and uneasy smile, leaving the brunette unconvinced. No matter how much it made Sydney feel guilty, she began to secretly follow her friend of many years. What was going on?

Imagine her surprise when it turns out her friend was hiding the biggest secret of all from Sydney: she was a senshi.

Sydney was left stupefied. What was she supposed to think? To feel? The person she thought to be her other half had kept a humongous secret from her. For a while Sydney was left numb and devastated. Once everything began to sink in, however, she felt so frustrated and outraged. Why did she not tell her something so important? They told each other everything. Their secret crushes, their darkest fears. She knew everything about Sydney and Sydney knew everything about her – or so Sydney previously thought. Had she not told her anything else? Had she lied about certain things? Was their old friendship built on something fake? Sydney felt so betrayed. She wanted to get back at her. To hurt her. To break her heart.

What else could be better than joining the sole enemy of senshi? The Negaverse.

She set out to find them and without a doubt it was not an easy task. It took her countless hours to search for someone part of the Negaverse, and even more just to be able to find someone she could catch up to. This was the most determined Sydney ever was hands down. However, after much time she was able to join the Negaverse and begin her goal of rising the ranks, the image of her friend’s terrified face leading her on.

Negaverse Behavior: Perhaps the most important question is whether Sydney can kill. At first glance she seems like she could never summon the guts to take someone’s starseed. One is surprised what people can do when their heart is set towards vengeance. Though she would normally never think of committing such an act, if it’ll help her achieve her goal Sydney will go through with it. Thus, she is also able to swallow her usual demeanor and obediently follow orders.

Sydney works best in teams. If she encounters someone abrasive, she is usually able to defer to them unless they injure her physically or mentally. Then it becomes more difficult for her to cooperate. On the other hand, she absolutely abhors working by herself. Sydney hates to be alone and although technically she would be with others (senshi), she would be the only one from the Negaverse. She has less vigor and confidence when fighting alone.

Being a cheerleader, Sydney reacts very excitedly to victories. She jumps around with a giant smile on her face and sometimes even comes up with an impromptu cheer. On the other hand, she acts quite sour to losing. Often enough a small grudge is made at the other team and Sydney ends up working twice as hard the next time around to beat them next time.

Weapon Evolution: Plastic cheer cone > Magical toy megaphone > Magical megaphone > Magical electric megaphone
Plastic cheer cone – Small and warm-colored. ‘Negaverse’ written on its side.
Magical toy megaphone – Same size and general color as cheer cone, has a handle now. It’s magical in that whatever cheers she says using her megaphone “buffs” her comrades. The type of buff is often random. It is usually used on Sydney’s comrades, but may also be used on herself if necessary.
Magical megaphone – Slightly larger than a regular megaphone, still warm-colored. Rather than casting buffs, it is more defensive and whenever Sydney speaks into her megaphone it generates loud sound blasts.
Magical electric megaphone – A headset connected to a pair of small speakers (that are attached to a belt on her waist). The attacks aren’t completely set, but I’m thinking she would be able to do buffs and sound blasts. However, it’ll be like a buff mode and offensive mode with a 2-minutes to switch between the two.

----------
Negaverse: Lt. Childrenite

Concept:
Pictures: cheerleading // graphic design (decorations) // pen/sharpie tattoos // Love is War // swirls // jump
Words: Warm (preferably autumn colors), casual, paint splatters, stickers
Cheerful, excited, mischievous

Weapon: Sydney mainly has a cheerleading theme, so she would start with a plastic cheer cone. It would be red or orange to fit her warm color scheme and ‘Negaverse’ could be written on its side. The second stage could then progress to a small, toy megaphone. The last stage would be a large, real megaphone that would be magical in the sense that it releases powerful sound waves.

Syusaki

Syusaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm
Plot Stuff

Holy Blasphemy - Rosa - Friends

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:45 pm
Aaaaaand feel free to comment on Sydney's regular profile stuff~  

Syusaki

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:02 am
-scrawls all over syus quest thread- MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Now you have to crit me baaack..

Anyways! Enough of my randomness..I just read over your char and sadly you've left me nothing to crit! -huffs-
It's actually really well done syu! ANd..its all complete..-love her name btw- Lawls! I guess I can just say good job -snugs- She sounds like a fun character to have -wind chimes is a cool hobbie!-

Edit:
Actually syu, other then optimistic and selfish her virtues and flaws are pretty unique. Then again I havent seen optimism used that much as a virtue. At least you have everything done well -nods- Maybe do you just want her to be a school kid, or do you want her to become a senshi some day? You could add that in.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:35 pm
Ooooh~ Thanks Shini! ^^ I'd love to know everyone else's opinions though. owo Like maybe the virtues/flaws are too common or like . . . Iunno. xD;;

-scurries off to see Shini's quest-

Syusaki

Sin Sterling

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:31 pm
Overall, I like what I see. :3 Her 'fashion' for doodling on her shoes, hands, and whatnot would be interesting to actually SEE on the templated schoolkid too. xD

But I do have a question. Childish is a virtue for her? I can see it, but how does it relate to her patience? Can she be childish and patient at the same time, or does it switch off for one to overpower the other in a given situation, or one influence the other. Most childish people I've met along the way haven't exhibited much in the way of patience, so this is an interesting mix.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:13 pm
@Sin: I'll be honest. Sydney is actually part of my Sins/Virtues idea, and she's my patience. xD But she's got that childish behavior too. owo So it's like she often pretends to be an airplane or whatever and play with colorful toys. This bit was not needed, oh well. Haha

I know that mixing patience and childish is sorta hard, so it's more like one trait will overpower the other slightly more. asdfa;da I sorta know how they mix, but it's hard to explain for me. xD;; Like she'll sometimes complain about waiting or whatever, but still wait/try anyways?

Thank you for pointing that however. xD Now I know Sydney a bit better. -shot-

@Shini: Mm~ I see. owo I may want to think of another virtue and flaw to counteract optimistic and selfish's . . . commonness? xD

Thanks! I'm also still deciding on whether to make Sydney negaverse or senshi. Personally, I wanna see her with a megaphone weapon. owo However, she seems more senshi-like to me.

And once again, thank you so much guys~ <3

EDIT: Changed clumsy to impulsive because since she cheer leads she's not that clumsy anymore. xD Also added willing to virtues.

Syusaki

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:31 pm
Cute character, Syu~ I really like the fact that she's a cheerleader. I don't think I've seen any female cheerleader characters yet, so it's quite nice.

There wasn't really much I could comment on, unfortunately. Like Sin, I'm curious as to how her childish nature will relate in regards to her patience. All the childish kids I know are far from patient, and likewise - all the patient kids I know aren't all that childish.

Her hobby of drawing with markers and pens amuses me. XD If she ever upgrades to spray paints and what not, we'll have a graffiti artist on our hands.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Actually, it seems that a female character named Proxima is a cheerleader as well. owo -shrugs- xD Unique enough, I suppose!

I'll admit that I'm not sure if a patient, childish person could exist in real life. xD But here it could happen just fine? ^^;; I still find it hard to properly explain how it'd work. xD;; It'll work though. Somehow. owo

Graffiti . . . IDEA! 8D -evil cackle-

Thanks Mriae~

Syusaki

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 am
Syuu! -pounces in- Ooh syu's been busy -grins- Shini sees updates!

Honestly I think she'd make the most fun Negaverse char ever! Why? Because she totally seems like a senshi, she'd be like the random peppy nega-baddy!

If she does become a senshi though, some good ideas..Senshi of cheer oorrr..Omg a senshi of graffiti?

Or turn her into a nega baddie and make her weapon a can of spray paint or a mega phone, that would be totally amazing! -snugs- I ant wait till you decide, I wanna see what you come up with. -nods-  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:42 pm
Oooooh! I think I'll make her negaverse. xD Spray paint or megaphone is just to awesome to resist! And she'd be like . . . the pretty daisy in a field of dark roses or something. owo Now I gotta find time to figure out her negaverse-self.  

Syusaki

Syusaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm
Did a whole bunch of editing to Sydney's virtues and flaws. Also thinking of redoing her hobbies somewhat. I'm also unsure of which mineral to use.  
Application Quests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff