Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Accepted Quests
[Q] Aeolia Knight of Uranus, Carnelian Esposito

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 pm
Syu's quests:
Lt. Childrenite
Aeolia Knight
Lt. Gypsum

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:37 pm
Name: Carnelian Esposito

Nicknames: n/a

Birthday: April 1st

Sign: Aries

Blood Type: B-

Fav. Food: Spicy foods, especially curry

Hated Food: Incredibly sweet foods

School: DC University

Hobbies: Billiards It's the main hobby that lets him relax his muscles and quiet down from a rowdy, strenuous day. He’s picked up the game only recently, but fell in love with it the moment he held a cue stick. Carnelian appreciates the silent atmosphere that comes with billiards and for once, lets him really use his mind to win a game. One can often find the lad at a place for billiards during the weekends, calmly practicing drills and playing games by himself, but occasionally with another.

Sports It doesn’t really matter what kind of sport it is. Could be basketball, water polo, or rugby, so long as it’s physically invigorating he’s sure to have played it at least once. He loves sports, but tries to shy away from team sports because he is more comfortable with doing things on his own. Carnelian is nowhere being the best, but is more known as a notable all-rounder athlete. Over the years, he's found that he is particularly fond of tennis because he can do things his own way while still having the socializing benefits of being on a team.

Animals As his mother works as a veterinarian, Carnelian has been in contact with animals from a young age.For as long as he could remember, his house has always been full of animals, usually pets that have been abandoned by previous owners. Even now his house is filled with a cat, two dogs, a bird, and two turtles. He's discovered that he is more open to animals than other people because of his long exposure to them as well as their constant affection. Carnelian loves animals with a passion, particularly wild animals such as lions or bears. Most of the books that he ends up reading in his free time involve animals in some way and can be often seen at places such as the zoo or animal shelters. Any place that will have animals on a regular basis.

Gemstone: Peridot

Virtues: I can do it myself Carnelian avoids getting assistance whenever he can. Although he acknowledges the fact that certain cases may require outside help and grudgingly cooperates, he doesn’t want to make a habit of relying on others. If he wants something to be done, he’ll do it himself rather than selfishly ask someone to do it for him. When he encounters a problem that he can’t easily fix on his own, such as being hungry, but with no food, he won’t whine and call someone to get him something to eat. Carnelian will go out to the nearest restaurant and by something, or even go as far as to do the groceries (AWWW SO KIND). He will try to tackle a problem by himself before resorting to getting help.

Don't be halfhearted Nothing is half-baked with confident Carnelian. He does everything with surety and vigor. If he says that he’ll do something, he’ll do it promptly and to the best of his ability, no excuses. It doesn’t matter if Carnelian does not particularly like doing a certain activity he’ll put forth as much effort as he can to do it. He could be assigned to do a job that he would never want to do, but will still try his best to do it and never back down from it. This applies to smaller things as well, such as with the way he walks and moves in general. Carnelian stands straight and tall, with his chin slightly held high. All the effort he puts into everything is admirable, even pleasing to watch.

There for back up Be it a friend, classmate, or rival, Carnelian won’t hesitate to back them up in whatever way he can. If Carnelian and a friend happen to get throw into a brawl, Carnelian will always keep an eye out on his friend and make sure to punch anyone who tries to sneak up on his comrade. He could be working on a project with a classmate and they need help doing their share. Carnelian will chew them up for not being able to do it on their own, but will definitely help them out in the end. Help doesn’t even have to be requested and he’ll be there. He is always in the background, looking after his friends and comrades and ready to swoop in if need be.

Stand your ground If he says he believes in something, then he does. Carnelian isn’t going to change his opinion willy-nilly or to please someone in particular. People could manipulate his friend’s image to be someone cruel, but he will have unwavering loyalty and faith to his friend. He won’t believe what others say unless the words “I am very cruel” come from his friend’s mouth. Ninety percent of the population could believe that cats are better while he thought that dogs were superior. It wouldn’t change his opinion. Not that he blindly sticks with his choices, cold hard facts and examples that he can trust could change his mind.

Flaws: All that and a bag of chips He doesn’t exactly believe that he’s superior to others, but that he is infallible. Nothing can touch him! Nothing can beat him! Though deep inside Carnelian may know that he’s just as imperfect as the next person, he still acts like he’s untouchable. He doesn’t hesitate to speak his thoughts and push forward his own opinions, although he can come across as stubborn and arrogant when he does so. Carnelian has little sense of fear and does not often take precautions. He will often be the first one out in a fight or the first to spark an argument.

I can do it myself No, just because Carnelian is having some trouble doing his homework does not mean he needs help. He knows how to use a textbook, thank you very much. Being independent and self-sufficient is a good thing, but Carnelian takes it to the point that he’s stubborn about asking for assistance. Most of the instances that he actually got help were after people pestered him numerous times, at the last point, or he got so damn frustrated he grabbed the nearest person to help him. This makes him appear incredibly stubborn and can also lead to complications when trying to help Carnelian with his problems (“Wha--- You shouldn’t have done that, stupid!”) He doesn't mind cooperating with a team, but it can be very difficult when his opinion starkly differs from the rest of the group. His ability to remain steadfast gives him the stubborn trait of never backing down and arguing with fellow group members whenever he disagrees on something.

A howling wind Carnelian doesn’t hesitate to snap at or criticize others, especially when he’s in a bad mood. If he thinks you sing like a drowning cat, he’ll tell you. He does not believe in sugarcoating and in return, wants to hear the plain truth. Although he prefers to be blunt and harsh, he also realizes that his comments can easily rub someone the wrong way. For the sake of not inciting as many arguments, he tries to word his opinion so it is not as grating, such as "You sing badly, so practice more" rather than "You sound tone deaf, stop." He doesn't hesitate to criticize or help others, but hates it when people do the same to him. Carnelian is perfectly capable and can do it himself, he doesn't need help!
Carnelian is merciless as well. He won’t go easy on someone even if he happens to pity them. Someone may tell him to let someone win, but Carnelian won’t let that happen unless they were truly better than him. In a group project someone could have forgotten to do a part and he will personally chew and spit them back out.

Communication Skills He doesn’t hesitate to criticize others and point out their mistakes, but Carnelian has a harder time expressing his gratitude and affection. Most of the time he does not bother to say it, as he finds it to be embarrassing and can often find himself furiously blushing or acting flustered when he attempts to. Instead, Carnelian acts cold and aloof. Although at times he may express gratitude or affection through small actions, they are usually done coldly and/or are so minute that one does not notice the deeper meaning behind it.

Physical Description:

Hair: Carnelian has dusty, orange-brown hair. It’s quite messy and often windswept, although it gets neater and thinner at the ends, hugging his neck. His bangs often get in the way of his eyes, but he’s grown used to it.

Eyes: His eyes are square-ish and a bit smaller than medium-sized. His irises are sky blue.

Face: Carnelian has a soft, heart-shaped face. His chin and jaws are soft and rounder than a regular heart face, making him seem younger and more childish. He also has a beauty mark to the outer side and below his left eye, though he’d rather call it a mole.

Body: He has a lean, skinny frame and a light tan from years of playing multiple sports. Approximately 5'9"

Fashion: Nothing out of the ordinary. He has a wide array of clothes, from solid color tees, to graphic tees, to polos, to whatever else one can think of for a regular boy to wear. Although Carnelian does enjoy mix and matching his clothes into something somewhat stylish, he has an inclination to wear a shirt with a plaid polo on top. He also has a pair of dark blue jeans that he almost always wears, as they are his favorite and “lucky” pair of pants. He also has a small, silver cuff earring on his left ear.

Syusaki

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 pm
Knight Title: Aeolia Page
Aiolia

Challenge: You cannot hide.

Uniform:
Top -- Sleeveless, popped collar, open coat?
Bottoms -- Pants
Gloves -- Optional
Belt -- Optional
Shoes -- Boots
Shoulders -- None
Accessories -- Scarf, could be tied around neck or head
Uniform design is mostly up to artist! c:
Weapon --

Page A tan messenger bag, similar to the bag that Indiana Jones usually totes around. Inside is a bit of sand. There's nothing particularly special about the sand, though it can be thrown into the eyes for temporary irritation.
Squire When Aeolia opens the bag, a strong gust of sandy wind rushes out and wraps around a target of his choosing. The wind forms a barrier of sand around the target that hinders them from moving, but if the person is strong enough they can escape--although the sand makes it painful and they will be temporarily blinded for a few seconds. On the other hand, the wind also protects the target from weak to medium attacks and will buffer a strong attack before the barrier crumbles. Lasts for 30 seconds. Aeolia casts his magic by opening the bag, so if his hands are tied he cannot use it (he can also use his teeth or kick the bag open if it is far away, but cannot use an item, such as a pole, to open his bag).
Note: Not his fault if you get sand in your pants
Knight Instead of the wind forming a barrier around Aeolia's target, it quickly wraps around them and shoots them into the air (at the maximum, approximately 15 feet.) They will remain in the air for up to 10 seconds, but will then plummet to the ground afterwards. Aeolia is unable to choose the specific direction the wind takes them, so it is possible they will fall near another enemy. Since Aeolia casts his magic by opening his bag, his spell can be prevented by binding his arms or placing his bag far away enough so he cannot open it.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:39 pm
James Esposito 51,

April Esposito 48,

Scarlet Esposito 17,

Syusaki

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 pm
Reservedother ideas: tundra, boulder (idk), abyss, trench  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm
Hello! You asked for crits, so hopefully I can help a little!

There was one thing I was concerned about for his Billiards hobby. He’s a little young to be out late at night, I think. I mean, because more often than not, places with billiards that are open late at night are bars, and they kick everyone under age out at a certain time, usually around nine. Unless it was some kind of student center, like at a college, but he’s still only in high school.

Is there any sport in particular that he’s actually on a team for? I think you should maybe focus a little more on that, since saying he’s good at everything makes it seem as though he can’t make up his mind or isn’t committed enough. Also, team sports usually require a lot of time with the team together and formulating strategies and training, so again that would need to have one or two or who knows, even more, to be mentioned that he devotes his time to. Unless they’re, like, gym class sports. Because that doesn’t take much effort.

Also, make sure his independence virtue doesn’t conflict with his love of team sports. I don’t think it’s a problem now, but it’s on the edge.

Oh! Blood type! Positive or negative? It matters at the hospital. <3

Lol, your comment about him not being a midget. No, definitely not. He’d have to be 6+ inches shorter.

So yeah, just get that sorted out for now. Hope that helped a little! Best of luck!

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Syusaki

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 pm
Ahhh. That's true. I actually made Carnelian older in the beginning, but decided to make him younger. I probably just forgot that little tidbit. I'll work his hobby around that.

I actually know a couple people at my school who participate in multiple sports. Of course, they're all in different seasons, but still. I was trying to go off of that, but I see what you mean!

True, I'll be careful of that. c:

Haha. xD I normally don't state whether my char's blood is positive or negative, but that's quite true.

Because Carnelian does not what to be called short, okay? |: HE'S NOT SHORT. HE'LL GROW, SERIOUSLY.

It did, Guine. Thanks! <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 pm
Editing~  

Syusaki

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 pm
SYU FORCED ME TO DO THIS rofl

civi:
YAY TENNIS.
i have to agree with guine on the fact that he should probably focus on just one sport? cause i mean, once you get to school there aren't a TON of opporutinities to play sports (especially team sports) unless you're on some sort of school team. i can see him having a love of trying a whole bunch of sports, while focusing solely on one? i realize lots of people play sports in every season, but school sports are REALLY hard to play more than one each season, because schedules ALWAYS clash (darn gym teachers ...)

and there's a teensy ... conflict of sorts (not glaring, just there) between sports and billiards. like ... he enjoys billiards because of the mind necessity, but he likes sports for the physical exhilaration. does he like one more than the other? or what ? o 3o not necessarily needed to be addressed, cause its super nitpicky xDDD

just a question, what pets does he have in his house ? o 3o

LEAVING IT HERE, GONNA FINISH TOMORROW.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:41 pm
FINISHING BECAUSE I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON ;;;;D8

so for his sports thing (omg yay coming back to it! /shot) i find it hard with his criticism of others and his independent attitude that he could really get along well with others enough to play a team sport. for example, would you really want to play with the guy who always has the ball cause he thinks he can handle it, or the guy who talks about how bad you dribble in basketball?
its just a small discrepancy, but it could open up in other situations as well. friend wants to go shopping with him? nope, he can do it himself.
i know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but these are just extreme situations.

i DO think it works really well with the billiards, since that game is solely focused on the individual beating another individual.

and does he get along better with animals because of how he always has them around? that might be something fun to work around? suggestions <3

just as advice, i might be really really careful with his criticism characteristic. not going to lie, i am one hundred percent that way, so it would be hypocritical to say "thats too harsh." what im trying to say is that if you use this trait TOO much, it will drive people away. does he know exactly when its time to lie? like if a friend is auditioning for their first part in the play, is he really going to say "i think your acting sucks"
i think this is DEFINITELY a trait to keep, because it is so cohesive with the other ones, im just warning to be careful, cause ive gotten in quite a few ah ... angry debates ? about things. unless you want that to happen, then by all mean, make him a confrontational character. i suppose it all depends on how you want him to be viewed by others. i am now rambling 8T;;;;

OMG I USE THE PHRASE ALL THAT AN A BAG OF CHIPS TOOOOO <3333

i think overall though, his traits work really well, since he is mostly centered around his own opinions, which is ttly how i work too. i have a feeling me and him would either be BFFs or the worst of enemies.

orange brown hair and blue eyes oh god. such a pretty combo <3

knight:
i love the simplicity of knights OTL <3

his outfit sounds super prince of persia, who i am a huge fan of. well played syusyu > . > heart

his weapon sounds pretty good, and i think it works well as a "support"
how fast does it make them ?
like does it make them the flash, or just like a star track athete ?

WITH THAT, I'M DONE AND HORRIBLY SORRY OTL  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am
ON THE CIVILIAN:

Quote:
I can do it myself No, just because Carnelian is having some trouble doing his homework does not mean he needs help. He knows how to use a textbook, thank you very much. Being independent and self-sufficient is a good thing, but Carnelian takes it to the point that he’s stubborn about asking for assistance. Most of the instances that he actually got help were after people pestered him numerous times, at the last point, or he got so damn frustrated he grabbed the nearest person to help him. This makes him appear incredibly stubborn and can also lead to complications when trying to help Carnelian with his problems (“Wha--- You shouldn’t have done that, stupid!”) He has no qualms about cooperating during team activities, but everything else he would very much prefer solving on his own.

The bolded line is a huge backdoor to this flaw. He NEVER asks for help -- unless it means cooperating with a team! To me, someone who prefers to do things their own way and without help would not exactly be the biggest team player or good at taking direction. If you are going to structure his failure to ask for help as one of his most severe character flaws, then I think it should be a little more negative than him not wanting to ask for homework help, or some other solitary activity, if that makes sense. It is a much more severe trait if he is bad at working with people in general.

To me, based off your "got your back" virtue, Carnelian seems like the kind of guy who is perfectly willing to criticize/assist other people, but has a difficult time receiving criticism/assistance from others. He is so confident in his own abilities that he dislikes feeling talked down by others because, perhaps, he feels like they are insinuating he is not perfectly capable of handling things himself -- which he totally is, how dare you say that. It reads like a defense mechanism to me, which is great, but the way you have it written now, I think that isn't as clear as it could be. I would restructure it to make it more obvious that he enjoys helping/giving criticism (even if it is not constructive), but he feels threatened/annoyed when people try to do the same thing back to him. I feel like this underlying in his profile. Bring it to the front!

ON THE SENSHI:

I love his starting weapon. Very unique!

In his squire stage, I would clarify that his sand barrier makes movement difficult, but not impossible. People should be able to break free, even if it is really really hard (and painful) to do so.

For his knight stage, I am a little torn on this power. On one hand, I think it fits as a second attack to complement his squire-level ability. On the other, I think giving the character the ability to have controlled flight might be a little too much. Perhaps, at knight, he can either use his sand barrier OR use his sand to propel an ally up into the air for a short period of time (and out of harm's way). I wouldn't give him too much direction with this. It is more of a gust of sandy wind that can pop them out of the path of an attack -- just without any controlled movement on either his part of theirs, aside from tossing them in a general direction.

Also, how does he cast his magic? How could someone avoid it/stop his attack before it forms? Go ahead and put in those weaknesses to balance out the attack.

This is very close to being stamped! =)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:15 pm
Thanks, Akina! I've added to/changed "I can do it myself" and "A howling wind" according to your suggestions. C:

I've also elaborated on his squire stage and changed his knight stage to the power you suggested! I really like it. ^^

Syusaki

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Accepted Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games