Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lol. Yeah, listen to the potions master sometimes. Rowling didn't pull EVERYTHING out her a**.
Alright, under the section "Herb Magic" I found something you might be able to run with (considering you're using this in fiction anyway, you're probably okay).

Cassandra Eason
Herbs for Courage
Basil, chives, honeysuckle, horseadish, rose geranium, nettle, pepper, tarragon, yarrow.

Herbs for Happy Dreams and Peaceful Sleep
Clary sage, clove, pink or carnation, jasmine, lemon balm, meadowsweet, myrrh, sweet cicely, and wisteria

Herbs for Good Luck and Overcoming Obstacles
Clover, comfrey, fern, heather, horsetail, nutmeg, shamrock, and vetivert

Herbs for Psychic Awareness and Inspiration
Cypress, dittany of Crete, oragne or tangerine, hibiscus, lemongrass, lily, and poplar

Herbs for Wisdom and Learning
Agrimony, borage, chervil, cumin, endive, hyssop, sage, thyme, and violet.

Those seemed to be the most relevant, although I'm not really sure what you'd do with all that. The listing isn't strictly for potions, it explains on how you'd use them for all sorts of different things, although you could use them in a potion if you wanted.

Not sure if that helps at all. xp I tried.
Makai447
Alright, under the section "Herb Magic" I found something you might be able to run with (considering you're using this in fiction anyway, you're probably okay).

Cassandra Eason
Herbs for Courage
Basil, chives, honeysuckle, horseadish, rose geranium, nettle, pepper, tarragon, yarrow.

Clary sage, clove, pink or carnation, jasmine, lemon balm, meadowsweet, myrrh, sweet cicely, and wisteria

Cypress, dittany of Crete, oragne or tangerine, hibiscus, lemongrass, lily, and poplar

Those seemed to be the most relevant, although I'm not really sure what you'd do with all that. The listing isn't strictly for potions, it explains on how you'd use them for all sorts of different things, although you could use them in a potion if you wanted.

That's defintiely useful. Considering that I'm probably-most likely-putting Belladonna in this potion, I don't have to really worry about what can be mixed with what without causing poison and death. Belladonna is risky enough as it is. lol

Thanks Makai and Kitsune. ^^
Hikari_Riku
Makai447

Cassandra Eason
Herbs for Courage

That's defintiely useful. Considering that I'm probably-most likely-putting Belladonna in this potion, I don't have to really worry about what can be mixed with what without causing poison and death. Belladonna is risky enough as it is. lol

Cool. I'm still going to be looking through my magic book though for anything interesting. Stick around if you like. Or if you for some reason want to know about Moon Magic, or whatever sometimes random things are in here.
Makai447
Hikari_Riku
Makai447

Cassandra Eason
Herbs for Courage

Cool. I'm still going to be looking through my magic book though for anything interesting. Stick around if you like. Or if you for some reason want to know about Moon Magic, or whatever sometimes random things are in here.

I'm definitley going to be here. I subscribed. ^^

So feel free to impress me with that books magic know-how. It's awful that i don't know much when it comes to magic except how to make rhyming spells and wave a wand. It's one of my favorite subjects ever. lol

Also, I'm wishing I had a book like that. But I don't. Usually when I need something, I don't go to my library or anything like that, I drive 45 minutes to the nearest book store, go in and find what I'm looking for than sit down in their big comfy-arm chairs L style and read till I find what I'm looking for. The women at Hastings hates me 'cause I always ask her for books on certain things, than I never buy them. Mostly 'cause I'm always broke. I just take paper and pencil with me and scribble everything I need down.
Hikari_Riku
Makai447
Hikari_Riku
Makai447

Cassandra Eason
Herbs for Courage

I'm definitley going to be here. I subscribed. lol

So feel free to impress me with that books magic know-how. It's awful that i don't know much when it comes to magic except how to make rhyming spells and wave a wand. It's one of my favorite subjects ever. lol

haha, okay. Sounds good. I'll be back with info later.

Currently, Makai's planning on checking a few more threads then outing to do some writing. Glad I provided some modicum of usefullness. ^.^

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
flight815kitsune
Lol. Yeah, listen to the potions master sometimes. Rowling didn't pull EVERYTHING out her a**.

She didn't pull that much actually, a lot of it checks out. If you want, I can run up and grab Cunningham's encyclopedia of magickal herbs, which is pretty damned in depth and I think I've marked all the poisonous herbs...
I have a request. If it wouldn't bother anyone too much, I need some herbs or plants that sound mystical to anyone who doesn't have knowledge about it, but to someone who knows, it sounds like they pulled it completely out their a**.

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_herbs_and_spices

Lol. I don't know if thia will help or not. Most of my rescources are for magick, so I can't really help with things that aren't...
If you need to know about certain ones, I can help. Most have uses, but some less than others.

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
keiichiman
I have a request. If it wouldn't bother anyone too much, I need some herbs or plants that sound mystical to anyone who doesn't have knowledge about it, but to someone who knows, it sounds like they pulled it completely out their a**.

The obvious thing to do would be to use a whole bunch of highly toxic herbs, Bestill, Bittersweet, Bloodroot, blue flag, broom, calamus, datura, foxglove, heliotrope, black hellebore, henbane, plumeria, uva ursa, just flipping through my book and noting the poisons.
Deandriea
flight815kitsune

She didn't pull that much actually, a lot of it checks out. If you want, I can run up and grab Cunningham's encyclopedia of magickal herbs, which is pretty damned in depth and I think I've marked all the poisonous herbs...

I would love that actually. ^^

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Hikari_Riku
Deandriea
flight815kitsune

All right, got it here, what do you want?

colours and magical associations
properties of oils

or herbs with any certain associations and folkloric uses?

I've also got his cyrstal, gem and metal magic book with me.
Deandriea
Hikari_Riku
Deandriea
flight815kitsune

All right, got it here, what do you want?

colours and magical associations
properties of oils

or herbs with any certain associations and folkloric uses?

I've also got his cyrstal, gem and metal magic book with me.

Well, I'm still looking for alternative herbs to put in sleeping potions that make people practically-okay less practically and more literally-stop breathing, while also inducing realistic dreams. Wouldn't happen to have any Native american folklore on the subject would it?

But also, and probably easier, could you tell me a few herbs that are supposedly said to help cure blindness-preferably ones that can be put in say. . .tea?

p.s. what's metal magic?

O.G. Elder

Good to see this place isn't withering and dying without me. But here's my slightly belated temporary farewell.

I'm lacking internet for a few weeks more, until school starts up thanks to a move. My internet cut out early without warning so I had to wait a while to tell you guys.
Just keep on moving as normal, and I'll see you folks when I get back.

IF there are any urgent messages, tell me in the next 25 minutes or yer all screwed for a while.
Later, Gabriel, your presence in the WF will be missed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff