Welcome to Gaia! ::

Penden
For myself and the people I know IRL, staying up late provides two things:

A) silence. No one's around, yay!
B) the "second wind" affect somewhere between 2 and 5 am for most people, where your adrenaline/cortizone etc kick in because you've stayed up too long.

Obviously, you can't take the "stay up at night" advice all the time or else you'd never get any sleep, but when you need inspiration it might be the best thing. Other than that, learn to write during the day once you already have the idea worked out for what you want to write.

Lol, another dedicated insomniac? So I'm not alone. I find I get many of my best ideas when I'm half asleep sweatdrop . Unfortunately, they can also be some of my weirdest stare . But yeah, for writer's block, I recommend doing a spin on someone else's work (a fanwork) or else RPing. That always helps me. That and not sleeping and waking up early, but let's not try that remedy too often sweatdrop .
Hm. I'm suffering from a horrible case of writer's block at the moment, actually... xp I've a bunch of plotbunnies nibbling my heels, but nothing wants to be put down in words. Insufferable, these muses.

To get over it, I tend to write free-verse poetry from the character's point of view. Its kind of... a way to get the emotion of the situation down, kind of the opposite of stepping back to look at the big picture. *shrugs* It's actually the only time that I write poetry. domokun
I'd say the key to solving writer's block is to do something else entirely, you tend to think of the weirdest things at the most inopportune moments, like when your at work and you think of an interesting idea. That's why writers should keep a pen and notepad at the ready so you can recall ideas later. TRUST ME, you won't simply remember it later, just WRITE IT THE HELL DOWN. You'll be alot more organized too.
I try to think of writer's block as an obsticle that can be overcome... not unlike hard homework. heart heart
I think leaving it be for a while is a good solution. And also look for inspiration!
leaving it is good...but dont leave it alone for too long! becuz then u wont work on it again...step one is to find inspiration...i normally find it by watchin a sad movie...listen to sad songs...read a book...anything really that stimulates ur mind...sumthing u enjoy...and yet try sumthing new...

another thing is...it depends on what kind of genre ur trying to get for ur story...since i prefer writing angst stories...i always write when i feel sad or get in a depressed mood from anything...songs...friends..movies...stories...anything...it really helps i think...but if ur writing a humor story...ur going to have to find inspiration elsewhere...

anyways theres a lot more things i use to get rid of block...when u take advice...dont forget to like remember how ur blocked..can u not think of ideas? is everything u write sound bad? r ur characters OOC? not enough detail? becuz not all advice and tips work....

anyways...those r the main advice i use...
Mmm.. i need money..
just relax... leave the material alone for awhile and then come back to it.

plus, i find that lot of coke and candy helps... biggrin
some of these tips are really usefull! I mostly look for inspiration and have many ideas. I don't know how to write it down, or it's not detailed enough. To make it short....it sucked! I still don't know how to fix that! Getting ideas is not the problem for me...more how I use that idea! sweatdrop
hullo.. yeah, i get writer's block a lot, and i usually get it in the middle of writing my stories.. i see that they arent going anywhere and so i abandon them and move on to other stories, and then i see that those arent going anywhere either, lol.. its like an insane cycle or something.. yeah, i usually make up story plots during boring classes, best time of the day for it.. early in the morning is good for story plotting too, especially when you dont know what to say, just because at nighttime you're usually tired and you cant think as clearly.. a lot of people get tired in the morning too but hey, whatever, lol.. morning works best for me
writers block is easly overcome by taking a walk and looking around you. Dont sit at home, watch tv or anything get out, get the blood flowing, helps you think...Exercise is key....Also, call your friends up and tell them about your story and ask them for feedback, usually someone has good ideas and even not, well at least you can say no and probably come up with something. Writers block happens to everyone, so most important be patient with yourself, the harder you think about stuff the more clouded things become.

Shadowy Allegiant

16,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My writers block comes after looking at what I've written and realizing, "This is horrible writing!" The story's good, but I can't seem to get that across. The solution to this, I find, is actually very simple. Don't look at what you've written critically. Just look at it as though it's just your notes for the greater writing ahead of you, and just keep writing. Eventually you'll reach the end of the story-telling. Then, and only then, you can get back to editing and picking things apart. If you never get the story on the page, it'll never be told.

I'm just glad I don't have to do technical writing, because I don't think I could figure a way around writers block in that type of work.
writer's block can be easily overcome(for me at least) if you can imagine your writing in the form of a movie,
well works for me, not sure about anyone else

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces