Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'm basically in an end to my story...and it was only 2 pages long. sweatdrop
Well, is the story finished or something you quit? It's perfectly alright for a story to be only 2 pages long ^.^
Cut up bits of paper, write random words on them, put them in a hat and draw a few out. Then use those words in the story or use them as ideas. The results are usually strange, but it works. ^_^
i don't get blocked as much as distracted. i find this leaves me with two many started storys and no finished ones.
Hmm, it's not so much writer's block as procrastion sometimes. Although for those moments of indecision, I tend to pace and then come back to the computer to try again. redface
I mostly write a plot line before I even start writing...it makes the chance of getting a writers block smaller!

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
anastasius
i don't get blocked as much as distracted. i find this leaves me with two many started storys and no finished ones.

I get the same problem too! One moment I'm thinking of how to seduce Hakkai, and the next minute I start seeing Kurama! sweatdrop

In any case, I get rid of writer's block by going through my old stories. I have a tonne of originals floating about my hardware and some fanfics too. Revisiting them normally makes me think of how much I've changed over the years and how to fit them in better. I rarely finish any stories though. I've only got two to date.

One is at Writing.com. It's a cross over (okay so I'm doing an advert now blaugh ) between Harry Potter, HunterXHunter, Yuyu Hakusho, GS Mikami and several original characters. The other is at Fanfiction.net

Hope you enjoy that!
i love to write some times i don't stop becasue i have to keep wirting intill i finsh the book some times i don't but i make them contuines and my friends love my books and then they get mad becasue i am at the last part and the best one to and then i just stop right at the best time and my friends get really crazy becasue they can't wait in till torommow here is some of a part of the book i made i am in this world i never been it is so beatiful and i don't want to go back they don't care about me i see this door full of veins and i started to pull the veins off the door i open a THE DOOR............. HAHAHA blaugh
wildrosefairy2004
i love to write some times i don't stop becasue i have to keep wirting intill i finsh the book some times i don't but i make them contuines and my friends love my books and then they get mad becasue i am at the last part and the best one to and then i just stop right at the best time and my friends get really crazy becasue they can't wait in till torommow here is some of a part of the book i made i am in this world i never been it is so beatiful and i don't want to go back they don't care about me i see this door full of veins and i started to pull the veins off the door i open a THE DOOR............. HAHAHA blaugh

Could you use . next time??
Yeah. If your stories are like that I would never, never read them. And I'm assuming intill= until. And it is nothing to brag about that you will not finish a story. Have you ever finished one? It's ok to drop some but if you never finish then what is the point?
I dont know what to talk about. sweatdrop
well the topic is called "writer's block" so maybe you could talk about that.
When going through fanfiction.net, just always remember that more than one third of it is crap. You have to dig really, really deep for the good stuff.

Um. Yeah. /FF.N bashing. sweatdrop

I write what I'm doing at that moment in time. Taking a drink, typing extremely loudly, turning on a lamp, whatever. It keeps things flowing and fresh.
To deal with writer's block you should temporarily busy yourself with other things. Go watch a movie, hang out with your friends, meditate with your pet rock, make miniature tank models, anything is fine as long as you're relaxed and mellow. During this time you're easily able to organize your thoughts and perspectives into more interesting and diverse concepts.

Havi's Wife

Dapper Millionaire

10,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Whenever I get the block, I'll go RP, its an easy way to write, without really thinking about it. Take an original character, place her/him somewhere and go with it. ^_^; The other players can supply material for the story and such.

Afterwards, just look back over the logs, edit, rewrite, ect. By the end of it all.. the block'll be broken, and you'lll have an entirely new piece done.

Or summat like that... x)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces