Welcome to Gaia! ::

I find that writer's block is best overcome two ways, one is to just start to write random things that you think of while thinking of your story. never know those random thoughts could end up becoming a major contribution.

The other solution i find works is to skip whatever has you stumped and start the next chapter or a new book. sometimes the more you focus on something the worse the block becomes.

hope this helps. later and luck
Wheelman
I find that writer's block is best overcome two ways, one is to just start to write random things that you think of while thinking of your story. never know those random thoughts could end up becoming a major contribution.

The other solution i find works is to skip whatever has you stumped and start the next chapter or a new book. sometimes the more you focus on something the worse the block becomes.

hope this helps. later and luck

I was about to give very similiar advice. I get writer's block very often and if I go about doing something completely different...it'll just hit sooner or later.
all you have to do...is basically clear you mind...
try this: Listen to music that you think applies to the meood of your story...or the part that you are trying to write...and just try picturing what is supposed to happen in your mind...and write it as soon as you open your eyes.
move on to a better bit in the story - but keep thinking of the boring bit and come back to it wen your in a "i can write about anything" mood biggrin
writers block is a drag and for me i usally look to movies shows or books for inspiration.
i usually listen to some music, it gets me inspired, i write and then badabim badaboom, away goes my writers block! 3nodding
Right now I'm having comming up with names for cities, towns, countires worlds you knwo that kind of thing. Any help with that
i go back to my roots,...
back from my very first inspiration,...
that's the only thing that can help get out of it,...
Writer's Block is the cruelest self-torture humanity has yet devised. It's all psychological, you need to just relax and stop trying so hard. Then it'll just come to you.

... That's what they want you to think.

I know the truth, though. If you have writer's block it's because you're spending too much time in close quarters with one or more sheeple. Their banality sucks your creative energy from you like a convection current, and you're probably doomed to sub-standard work until you relocate.

Only other thing for it is to recruit a kick-a** muse. Mine's David Bowie. Ziggy Stardust birthed me the novel I'm working on: plot, themes, symbolism, characterization - the whole nines - it all just poofed up into my pretty little head one morning.
Yeah, i don't get writer's block too much, but when i do, i usually just try to read something and after a while something inspires me. Well unless you read something that isn't even close to the topic you are writing about.

Lord Phil rules!!!
another thing I'm having trouble with is describing clothes any help with that.
I just start sketching...goes through a lot of paper, but when I finally come up with a design I like, *poof!* instant storyline. 'course, you could always leave things alone for a while. Read some other stuff. And the less stuff you throw out, the better. I've got a huge 'crap' file on my computer for all the random bits, character names, and bits of writing that never made it. Sometimes I get ideas just by looking through some of it.
On the bright side, I've never met a bad writer who had block.
I bought this book that is called writers block and its shaped like a block. blaugh biggrin anyways in there it show pictures and the it will have a word by it i.e. show a picture of a women walking out of a office with piece of toilet paper stuck to her high heel. and then they would ask you " what's the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to you or someone you know at work?" granted you can always find somethingelse to write about from that picture as well.. i just thought it always helped me out....or you can just walk away from what you are writing and just relax and when it comes it will come, no need frustrating yourself for nothing. Or you can just freestyle for a bit.
Writer's block is the devil! crying

I overcome it by:

a) taking a break and eating or drinking or...something.
b) researching for the story
c) takeing a nap. sweatdrop

Hey, it works for me. stare
You can always just overcome it by taking a break from writing and just do something else while thinking about your story. That usually works for me though it will take a day or two to come up with the idea I was looking for.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff