Welcome to Gaia! ::

PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
so i looked at the guild a bit. are you expected to do the topics in order, as you've divided them into weeks, or can you just write on whichever one you feel like on a given day, so long as there are no repeats?
I was going to have it be the topics done in order...do you think it would be better if I just said "No Repeats?" I'm honestly open to your opinion, I have seen you posting around here and I'd like to know what you think.

i'm sort of conflicted (mostly i'm trying to fight off my own laziness. because a few years ago i did a month-long challenge where i wrote a poem every day, and it was awesome, i know i should do this.). on the one hand, it'd be easier if it was a no-repeats thing. and it'd only produce a sense of unity/community for everyone to go in the same order if everyone was also starting from the same date, which isn't the case pretty much. on the other hand, maybe part of challenging yourself to write every day should also include challenging yourself to find inspiration in a specific prompt for that day. i don't know. sorry that didn't really clarify my opinion much xd

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
so i looked at the guild a bit. are you expected to do the topics in order, as you've divided them into weeks, or can you just write on whichever one you feel like on a given day, so long as there are no repeats?
I was going to have it be the topics done in order...do you think it would be better if I just said "No Repeats?" I'm honestly open to your opinion, I have seen you posting around here and I'd like to know what you think.

i'm sort of conflicted (mostly i'm trying to fight off my own laziness. because a few years ago i did a month-long challenge where i wrote a poem every day, and it was awesome, i know i should do this.). on the one hand, it'd be easier if it was a no-repeats thing. and it'd only produce a sense of unity/community for everyone to go in the same order if everyone was also starting from the same date, which isn't the case pretty much. on the other hand, maybe part of challenging yourself to write every day should also include challenging yourself to find inspiration in a specific prompt for that day. i don't know. sorry that didn't really clarify my opinion much xd
No, I appreciate your angle. I think I'm going to discuss that with the rest of the guild's staff and then either change it or not change it...It's more challenging if you go in order, I suppose. I will definitely ask PMS and xVoldie about what they think. You're welcome to try it out, however, either way. Sorry for the wishy-washy answer, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for the guild.

In the meantime, you can join and work on a mini-challenge, should you like.
PandorasJackinthebox
No, I appreciate your angle. I think I'm going to discuss that with the rest of the guild's staff and then either change it or not change it...It's more challenging if you go in order, I suppose. I will definitely ask PMS and xVoldie about what they think. You're welcome to try it out, however, either way. Sorry for the wishy-washy answer, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for the guild.

no, that makes total sense! it's not wishy-washy at all, and it gives me time to procrastinate on making myself do this while i wait for the answer.

Gracious Giver

I would love to join, it really sounds amazing.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
PandorasJackinthebox

no, that makes total sense! it's not wishy-washy at all, and it gives me time to procrastinate on making myself do this while i wait for the answer.
We've decided to go with having the option of doing the prompts out of order, but making our recommendation that you complete the prompts in order. It won't affect the prize, but it's just more of a challenge to do them in order. So you can do them in whatever order you like. 3nodding

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
dark_ekitai
I would love to join, it really sounds amazing.
Great! I'll add you right now.
PandorasJackinthebox
We've decided to go with having the option of doing the prompts out of order, but making our recommendation that you complete the prompts in order. It won't affect the prize, but it's just more of a challenge to do them in order. So you can do them in whatever order you like. 3nodding

cool, thanks!

Gracious Giver

PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers

I like having to go in my own order because if you aren't inspired to do something in particular, it's really rough trying to do it.
If you feel inspired to do something but don't know what it is, you could check the list. Maybe you could find it. c:
I hope it helps in your decision. c:

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
dark_ekitai
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers

I like having to go in my own order because if you aren't inspired to do something in particular, it's really rough trying to do it.
If you feel inspired to do something but don't know what it is, you could check the list. Maybe you could find it. c:
Thanks, we've decided to allow people to choose their order--we suggest that you use the written order for more of a challenge, but you are free to do as you wish. 3nodding

Gracious Giver

PandorasJackinthebox
dark_ekitai
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
PandorasJackinthebox
Aged Cherry Twizzlers

Thanks, we've decided to allow people to choose their order--we suggest that you use the written order for more of a challenge, but you are free to do as you wish. 3nodding

Baha. I realized that I was a little late on that post. xD
I'm a bit of a goober. c:
dark_ekitai

Baha. I realized that I was a little late on that post. xD
I'm a bit of a goober. c:

heart whee

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
is this still open to join?

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
FrostedMidnight
Absolutely!! Shall I add you?

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PandorasJackinthebox
FrostedMidnight

You shall! I have a couple questions though:

Where do I store these works?
Must I post them online everyday?
When do I start?
Can all of my entries be poetry?

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
FrostedMidnight
PandorasJackinthebox
FrostedMidnight

You shall! I have a couple questions though:

Where do I store these works?
Must I post them online everyday?
When do I start?
Can all of my entries be poetry?
1. There is a subforum called Member Journals--you make your own thread there and update it as often as you like. People will also come here to give you feedback on the challenges you have completed and support you if you need it.

2. You don't need to post every day--I didn't post for the first 10 days, I just kinda logged on Day 10 and put them all up. It is, however, recommended that you write every day.

3. You can start whenever you like. Just make sure I know, or you post on your Member Journals thread when you start, so I can give you the prize when the time comes.

4. They can be whatever you like. It's enough of a challenge to write 365 pieces, so I'm not picky about what they are.

Just so you know, if you complete the challenge you automatically get 50k. It isn't a contest, and there's really very few rules, so you can take your time as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff