Welcome to Gaia! ::

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
This is a big challenge for people who are serious about writing, and the rewards are great--50,000g will be given to EVERY Gaian who completes the challenge successfully and according to the guidelines I set out. Not just the ones I like, or the first few to finish--EVERYONE. I have the gold to deliver to this promise, so don't get the idea that this is a scam. There is a catch, but if you think you're up for a serious challenge with great rewards, read on!

READ THE ENTIRE FIRST POST BEFORE GOING ANYWHERE ELSE

Warning: This challenge is a big commitment. It's like SuWriMo challenges, only it requires even MORE commitment and dedication to the craft. Please do not post that you'll do it unless you really think you will.

So, what is the challenge?
The challenge is merely a list of written prompts that can be interpreted any way you please. They can be written as poetry, prose, whatever. The idea is that you write a little bit every day of the challenge and post when you get the chance. Once you have completed the challenge, you will receive 50k, sponsored by the guild and me. You don't have to do it all at once. You can do it in small chunks, or in one shot--it doesn't make a difference, but you can't "speed through it". Sorry, but whatever you do has to equal up to the minimum time limit.

That's not too bad. What's the twist?
The twist is that you will be writing on one prompt every day for 365 days, or a year. The prompts are fairly basic, this isn't what's hard. What's "hard" is pushing yourself to write every day. You don't have to post every day in your thread--all you have to do is write every day and post when you have time. You can take as long as you want, but you mustn't shorten the time you take to do it. I'll be watching closely. ninja

That's crazy, but I'll try it out anyhow. How do I enter?
First, post here to tell me. Then you need to become a member of the challenge's guild. The challenge guild's homepage is here.. You will be required to join the guild in order to get to the prize--sorry, it's just too hard to keep track of otherwise, I'm only one person. Next, check through the rules and look at the Original Challenge Prompt List, both located as announcements in the main forum. Then, make a thread in the Member Journals section and post your daily writings (one per day off of the list) and talk to others and get feedback to become a better writer.

Okay...how do I win the contest? When do I get the prize?
This isn't a contest, it's a challenge. As such, EVERYONE who finishes gets the 50k. You get the prize when you show me your completed "Year of Writing" at the end of the year--PM me with a link to your thread in the guild, and I will be happy to present you with the gold. Please note, you MUST follow the guild rules at all times and if you don't, you will be disqualified automatically with no chance to get back in the running and your journal will be deleted, no matter HOW CLOSE you are to finishing. Harsh, I know. But I have to keep order.

Great, I'm starting right now!/very soon!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read what you write!

EDIT: There is an update on a mini-challenge within 365. Please see this post for more information
sounds fun. i'll join.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Mokomonko
sounds fun. i'll join.
Great!

Lacyx's Pardner

Dapper Phantom

...I really like this idea... I don't even want gold lol

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
youphoria
Are you interested in joining the guild

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
youphoria
I amend my last post. Welcome to the guild! And...good luck on the challenge!

Unforgiving Foe

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Friendly 100
I'd like to join please... 3nodding

It sounds fun...

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Nui Kyrisa
I'd like to join please... 3nodding

It sounds fun...
Great! I'll add you.

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'd like to try. smile

What happens if we skip a day or two?

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Lisiana
I'd like to try. smile

Just so long as you do 1 prompt a day and in the end it adds up to 365, it's all good. You can skip a week and then come back to it, even. I recommend trying to write at least once a day, however.

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PandorasJackinthebox
Lisiana
I'd like to try. smile

Just so long as you do 1 prompt a day and in the end it adds up to 365, it's all good. You can skip a week and then come back to it, even. I recommend trying to write at least once a day, however.

Okay, thanks. I'll join in. smile

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Excellent idea. I'm in.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Lea Fealith
Excellent idea. I'm in.
Great, I'll add you to the guild!
so i looked at the guild a bit. are you expected to do the topics in order, as you've divided them into weeks, or can you just write on whichever one you feel like on a given day, so long as there are no repeats?

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Aged Cherry Twizzlers
so i looked at the guild a bit. are you expected to do the topics in order, as you've divided them into weeks, or can you just write on whichever one you feel like on a given day, so long as there are no repeats?
I was going to have it be the topics done in order...do you think it would be better if I just said "No Repeats?" I'm honestly open to your opinion, I have seen you posting around here and I'd like to know what you think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff