Welcome to Gaia! ::

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image

Yep, he had to admit it. If there was one positive thing to come out of the last twenty-four hours of bullshit, it was that Kam was becoming more and more impressed with Tarik. Soulmate or no, he'd been beyond nervous to let Jay go home with the guy in his half-dead state last night, but so far the fellow redhead was leaving an impression that only kept improving. When Kam mentioned inventing a check-up appointment for Jay as an excuse to get them inside, the paramedic came up with a real, valid reason for it. A couple hands held up idly in the air as he processed the idea, and he gave an approving nod. "That's…actually a damn good idea."

Once they were inside, and it seemed like Tarik was getting a temporary handle on his soulmate, Kam had turned his attention to his first customer. The man's body language went a little self-conscious, and he offered a receipt. Kam took it and examined what it said while the guy explained. An installation, without even needing to wait for the guy to pick a device? Sounded easy enough. He couldn't help notice the peculiarly old date of the thing. But hey, it wasn't from some competitor's shop, and at least this customer wasn't waving it to yell about something. "Hey, better late then never, right?" He gave the man a pat on the shoulder, which was supposed to emphasize that his comment was lighthearted. Of course, his tone and the gesture were both equally flimsy. His energy was already low, and the brief outburst he had at Jay on the cold sidewalk had sapped it more. "My name's Kamden, and I'm the installer on duty today. Just lemme get your info in our system, and we'll have that thing on your wrist in no time."

He had to bring the receipt back to the computer to do that, which unfortunately left a moment where his new customer - Tomohiro, if the receipt wasn't lying - was unattended. A dumbass mistake. He was only half paying attention when he heard a certain bruised-up brunet strike up a conversation with his client. "Dude, leave him alone." Kam sounded like a weary parent. He didn't look up from the monitor, too occupied in comparing the information he'd typed with what was on the receipt. Damn, sleep deprivation wasn't good for reading.

"My timer turned on and it literally electrified me. Kam here was there! He can vouch!"

"Jay, cool it!" He actually looked up this time, but his warning glare didn't make his friend stop. Actually, the talk started getting worse. By the time Kam shoved himself back from the monitor and made his way over, Jay was detailing just about any Timer drawback possible. Then he somehow segued into damn underwear. "Dude, please." He shot Tarik a look that conveyed his internal screaming - maybe a shared sentiment. And he shot Jay a look that said if his friend’s imminent death hadn’t been so literal these past twenty-four hours, Kam would metaphorically be planning murder right now.

But letting Jay come in and sit down was Kam’s ********, he supposed. He'd have to deal with it and continue hoping this customer didn’t get pissed.

Surprisingly, he still didn’t. This Tomohiro just calmly answered Jay’s probing questions, like a five-year old was asking about his favorite dinosaur. How the hell was he so calm? In fact, before Kam could bring his customer service voice back and interject, the man took out his phone and snapped a pic of Jay instead. Anything Kam was about to say just dropped out of his brain. What? He wasn’t sure what that photo was for. A memory of camaraderie as he got his Timer activated? Evidence of a horrible customer experience to blast all over social media? The customer didn’t look angry, but he could just be biding his time. That ominous potential of ‘fired’ started ringing in the back of Kam’s mind.

“My parents are divorced.” Oh, s**t. Jay had the man starting an entire explanation on his parents’ failed marriage, and the potential futility of his own search for a soulmate. Thanks, Jay. Thanks, man. It had taken the poor guy this long to get here, and now he was being talked out of it again. Maybe Kam wasn’t a big fan of the Timers himself, but he did have a job to do here.

His employee face was back on , even if it took a little stumbling to recover the composure in his tone. “I’m sorry for all this trouble, sir. Don't—don't pay too much attention to him." He gave Jay a glance and decided how he was going to talk out of this one. "He's, he’s got some health shi— health stuff going on, and he might say dumb things without thinking. Don't take it personally. We don’t typically pry customers with questions here." Yeah, of course, this was actually just Jay being Jay. But what were the chances his customer would ever meet his friend again to know that? The heart condition and copious medications gave him a technically valid excuse. Why not use it? “And whatever he says, his soulmate there is working out just fine if you ask me. Guess you’d have to know him to understand what I mean, but trust me on that.”

“But to talk about the failure thing, I haven’t seen a Timer I’ve installed be wrong yet. Sure, its choices might seem weird at first, but it seems to work out in the end. I think that’s the whole point, if you ask me. No one’s can ever totally ready for their soulmate - Whether you’ve got the Timer on or not, things are gonna take work to stay good, you know? It just lets you know who to keep working with.” He shrugged, burying any feelings of hypocrisy that bubbled up as he, of all people, talked about being ready and relying on a Timer’s results. Maybe he meant some of it, but there was a good deal of bullshitting in there, too.

“There are some technical things I have to mention. You probably signed off on them when you first bought your device, but … obviously we can’t guarantee who your Timer links you up with, or when, stuff like that. If your soulmate doesn’t have one installed yet, yours will be blank for a while until they do. It does its own patented thing, and I can’t change that.” He tried not to sigh.

“And if you really feel like backing out, the receipt’s still good for a while to think about it.” He would have to go wipe Tomohiro’s info and pretend he backed out of the appointment before he was officially signed in. Kam wasn’t about to pry some sort of cancellation fee or anything, especially considering who was making the man hesitate. “But if you do get it installed, it’s just a marker for you and your soulmate. There’s no legal obligations or anything. Nobody’s making you change who you see or what you do.” Except social pressure, which he admitted could be a lot.

Gesturing with one hand, he indicated the seat at his station, a few feet away from the waiting room chairs. “The process is kind of like getting a shot or a piercing. I’ll sanitize your wrist, sanitize the Timer, the whole thing takes a couple minutes and a little pinch. Or if you’d like to think about it, you can wait a few minutes. Jay, Tarik, I can take you two first if he needs more time to think,” —he indicated them with an open hand - “I don’t have any appointments for a while, so it’s fine by me. Just give me a few minutes to get my chair wiped down and ready.” He wasn’t sure if watching Tarik and Jay get their Timers uninstalled would make things better or worse for Tomohiro, but hey, watching it happen was an option for him.

What else he should offer besides that, he wasn’t sure. His stress/fatigue headache was plaguing him, so he turned back to the chair he used when working on installations and began his standard between-customers routine of spraying and wiping it down, and pulling out the small equipment he might need for their appointments and ensuring they were new and clean. Some new gloves would be in order, too, ready to be put on once someone sat down. Once everything was set up and ready, he turned back to the other guys and sat in his own chair beside the customer one. He crossed his arms casually. “Alright, who’s first?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    : | Location:
                                                    Timer shop
                                                    : | With: Tomo, Jay, & Tarik
                                                    : | Talking To: Tomo, Jay, & Tarik
                                                    : | Mood: Internal screaming
                                                    : | Wearing: This Outfit

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User Image
tab tab tab Lady Lagomorph
tab tab tab ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

tab tab tab Lago, Lady, Caldella
tab tab tab EST
tab tab tab Usually evenings Th-Sun, mixed otherwise
tab tab tab

tab tab tab Park Seung-Ho
tab tab tab Ethic Taboo
tab tab tab Main Rapper
tab tab tab Kim Jae-joong
tab tab tab Indigo

tab tab tab ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
tab tab tab samples (ignore the Photobucket image failure)

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image

Testingherenormaltext

"talkinghere"

: | Location: Here
                                                          : | With: Here
                                                          : | Talking To: Here
                                                          : | Current Mood: Here
                                                          : | Wearing: This

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
I Am The 》Wild Card
User Image
「 the BASICS

Full Name; Kamden Michael Page
Age; Twenty-five
Origin; Davenport, Iowa
Height; 5' 9"
Weight: 175 lb.
Sexuality; Bisexual
Hair Color;Orange
Eye Color; Blue-green

「 more PERSONAL
My Life;
Most people think of never-ending farmland when Kamden tells them he's from Iowa, but he grew up around one of the largest cities there. His parents were eclectic, borderline hippie. He was raised with their eclectic influences, as well as many weekends spent visiting his eccentric aunt's art studio/house across the river in Illinois. Kamden came out as bisexual in his teen years; hiding it wouldn't have worked anymore, with how glued at the hip he had been to his boyfriend. His parents were supportive, or felt they should be, but they gave hints that his adult life would be better spent in an even larger city, with a potentially bigger LGBT population.

After high school, Kamden took off to Chicago to attend college, originally focusing on chemistry. During his pursuit, though he started having doubts. Working with vials was fun once in a while, but he was more and more certain that it wasn't a career for him. Then, during one icy winter, Kamden slipped on a sidewalk outside campus into the street and was side-swiped by a passing car. He spent a good week recovering in the hospital, and his coursework floundered from then on. Most of the resulting injuries just left some scars here and there. But his eye... the right eye was completely lost. It was during his stay in the hospital, watching the staff shuffle in and out of his room, that Kamden had an epiphany. He had a new idea for a career. Not a doctor. He wasn't interested in diagnosing and medical boards and all that. The nurses: the ones that checked stats, tracked the IV, could make a stay comfortable or hell on earth with their attitude - that was something he could see himself doing.

Unfortunately, once he recovered, the medical bills spun out of control. Some fell into collections, his debt grew, and his credit score dropped. Student loan options became downright unreasonable, and he was forced to quit school to tackle the debt nipping at his heels. His life became a series of unsteady bounces to jobs and locations around the city. Kamden stayed mostly with customer-centric work, to prepare for the distant "someday" he would get the courage and money to go back to school. It eventually led to his current gig - installing soulmate Timers. Installation was easy when customers didn't squirm, though sometimes he felt he was working a Piercing Pagoda at the mall. And no, he had yet to install one crooked, missing eye or not.

The Timer didn't really appeal to him, personally. It was slowly killing the idea of being in a real relationship, wasn't it? It all seemed too pre-manufactured, and too many people were now waiting for "the one" and not enjoying themselves. What was the point of waiting for your soulmate if you didn't know what to do once you had them? But, after the repeated pressure of being a Timer installer without his own device, Kamden decided to fake it with a phony one. It stopped questions and put a little more trust in wary customers. He picked a set date on it, rather than the look of one unactivated, to also quit the worn out joke that maybe one he installed would activate once the customer got theirs (if he had a dollar for every time he heard that one). In retrospect, he should have gone for the unactivated. Once his phony Timer reached zero, he had to consider fessing up or making up a fake soulmate. This little white lie was starting to turn into a spiderweb.

Personality;
He was raised to see the world positively, so mostly he still does so. Kamden's sense of humor can edge toward the dry end. Not everyone's going to get along with each other, and he's fine with that. In conflict, he's usually willing to voice his opinion if things aren't too heated, but he tends to remove himself if things escalate. It's usually a flustered exit; why bother trying to get someone else to see his side when they're not going to bother? Maybe he should stick it out more. He usually deals with situations as they come and doesn't plan more than a month or so in advance, preferring being part of the day-to-day normal life. He views long-term goals as somewhat abstract with no set timeline. The same goes for most of his friendships and relationships. He doesn't like feeling unprepared for the future, but he can't seem to wrap too much in his head to plan for it.

Likes;
¬ Living "in the moment"
¬ Healthy foods (he steers towards the organic aisles/fresh foods)
¬ Burgers and fried foods (on cheat days)
¬ Music (enjoys modern, but also has a fondness for classical, opera, and choral works)
¬ Art (classical or modern - he loves it all)
¬ Museums
¬ Temperate weather
¬ Walking
¬ Dining or drinking out with others
¬ Occasional smoking in social situations

Dislikes:
¬ His debt
¬ Sugary foods
¬ Uncertainty (even though his entire future is that)
¬ Chicago's winter weather (it's "The Windy City" for a reason)
¬ The potential emotional mess these Timers are creating
¬ Being alone and not at home in the dark (people or some lights, please)
¬ TVs and movies getting science wrong
¬ Too many questions about the missing eye

Fears;
¬ Never furthering his career or going back to school
¬ Living his whole life in a circle of debt
¬ Feeling like his life has been "unproductive"
¬ Being alone in the dark when not at home (as much a fear as a dislike)
¬ Falling-related injuries

Anything else?;
¬ Appearance-wise, he has some remaining scars from his run-in with the car. Mostly,
some scarring on his shoulder and under the hairline on his right side.
¬ Theme song: Modest Mouse: Float On

▆▆▆ ▆▆ ▆ ↺ Lady Lagomorph

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image

Kamden let the first few seconds of introductions slip right through his brain as he tried to get a grasp on the situation. Normally, he would see a couple guys sharing a room, one disheveled and exhausted in blankets, and think a certain way about it…especially considering this was Jay. But Jay did not look like he’d been having any fun at all. This little Timer-for-a-tuneup trade was suddenly looking far more complicated.

He finally snapped back to attention when Jay said something about his chest being cut open. “They what?!” Jay continued and talked about a device being put into him. “Like, a pacemaker or defibrillator ‘thing?’ Jay, what the hell’s going on?”

He plopped himself into the chair Jay indicated with a complete lack of grace and a numb expression. The rest of the story spilled out, sort of, in the indirect manner of someone who was talking while only half-alert. By the time Jay got to the part about Jace handling his recovery, Kamden had managed to piece things together. “You…you literally ran away from the hospital like this.” He had. That was exactly what was going on. Kamden sighed and buried his face in one hand. “Jesus,” he mumbled through his palm. “Jay, you don’t need me to tell you that you’re a dumbass, but I’m doing it anyway.” He sighed again and unburied his face so he could rub his temple instead. “I get the bills thing,” - he was still paying off his own, after all - “but there’s a limit, yeah?”

He tried to match Jay’s fake lighthearted tone, but he knew his own concern was showing through, too. He wasn’t in the medical field yet; maybe if he was, he could be more help besides Timer installing and some general idea of aftercare. There were times Kamden felt a jab of regret at not immediately pursuing his nursing school plans after his accident. Usually, he could stomp regret down by reminding himself that he was broke. Other times, an annoying voice in his head called that an excuse. This was one of those other times. If he actually had any schooling, maybe he could be more help. As it was, he only knew some basic things from the occasional Google search.

He glanced back at Jace as Jay asked about him being safe to stay with. The other man took a bashful-looking pose and talked about helping and eventually becoming friends. He made a face at Jace like he was giving him a threat evaluation, then shrugged. “We aren’t really close, but honest opinion? About as dangerous as a bowl of warm water. You could drown, but you’d probably have to shove your face in and do the work yourself. You’re more likely to get stuck under a pile of scrap metal here.”
                                                    Jace always seemed to have a million spare parts and pieces ready at all times; Kamden had expected more of a mess.

Jay continued on, a brief ramble that held a lot more insecurity than Kamden was used to hearing from the other man. It took a concerted effort to not look too worried. “If I’m the thing giving you a little hope, you are in a dark place.
                                                    That did happen with Timer installing, he supposed. He’d been a temporary therapist for many a lovelorn customer. But hearing words like that from a friend who looked half-dead, it struck him differently.

The penetration joke managed to crack a snort of a laugh. “Hey, I might’ve brought an older model, but it’s not that big. Don’t expect to be impressed.”

If Jay hadn’t seemed so damned desperate, Kamden would have asked him if he was sure he wanted to do this in his current state. Instead, he took a deep breath and got to work. First step was getting some gloves on and sanitizing the skin itself. It looked like any IV’s on the arm had been put on top of the hand, instead of on the underside. Good. He’d been concerned about that. But the arm did look thin and dehydrated. He ought to be strapped up to an IV drip and pain meds, not sitting around in someone’s apartment. Kamden didn’t comment on it at the moment.

"Awh man. You're so close. You ready bro?"

“Ngh?” He glanced up and realized Jay meant the piece on his own wrist. “Oh, right.” He looked at the convincing fake, still ticking down, three months and decreasing. “Heh, no way. When am I ever ready for anything? It’s going to have to work around my not-ready.” Dammit, it felt extra bad holding up the lie in this case. One more guilt trip on the pile. Jace was viewing this thing as some desperate dream to cling to. And Kamden? The thought of getting a real Timer still made him imagine standing up and running out the door. ‘Why didn’t I just give myself a blank fake? Would have been easier.’

Jay continued on, and at least his next words were easy for Kamden to nod and agree with. “I get the surreal. I really hadn’t planned on getting one myself, to be honest, but when you’re in this job, you look kind of stupid if you don’t. Gotta say I wouldn’t have expected you to get one of these either, though. But if you feel ready for it, that takes some guts, right?”
                                                    More guts than Kamden himself had, so far.

Next was using a scrap of tracing paper, marked with some dots of tattoo stenciling to line up the insertion points for the Timer. Did Kamden really need the lineup help? Not really, not anymore. But he was used it in case customers decided to throw doubt on his single-eyed vision. At this point, it was just part of the process. The whole routine was so familiar to him, he fell into an automatic mode. By the time the device itself was ready to go in, Jace was hovering around. Kamden’s automatic mode was thankfully prepared with a reply to his question. “The actual tech is buried under some proprietary mumbo-jumbo, but basically it locks into the person’s system, then matches the feedback to the person’s soulmates out there in the ether, and pops the meet up date here on the screen. It doesn’t need really strapped into an artery, but it needs at least a weak pulse. So it’s a good thing my willing participant’s got his box keeping his ticker working.” he tilted his head. “I am supposed to tell you we can’t promise who you match with, or the length of time before you meet them, et cetera, et cetera. But this Timer’s off the record, so I’m going to skip most of the legal jargon.”

Once he was prepared, he glanced up at Jay. “You’ll probably feel a pinch - nothing much. You had worse at the hospital.” It was his turn to ask, “Are you ready?”

With a click, the Timer snapped onto Jay’s wrist. It blipped to life and showed all signs of working properly. The screen, though? Blank. Kamden made a faint humming noise but didn’t say anything at first. Jace asked about the lack of numbers, and Jay’s face went through half the stages of grief in a few seconds. ‘Oh, dammit.’ Not the first time he’d seen that reaction. Kamden had expected Timer installation to be practice at working with people, and sanitary care, things like that could help in his distant nursing goal. He had not anticipated it carrying the emotional aspects, too.

Jace was trying to give some supportive commentary, but Jay still looked like he was about to have a breakdown. Kamden held both hands up in a stop, nobody panic pose. “It’s normal. I know they don’t advertise it much, but it’s normal. Just means the soulmate’s Timer isn’t in yet. It can’t give you the date without a second signal.”
                                                    He was not about to encourage a breakdown. Jay’s arm veins looked weak and limp enough. He didn’t need to lose any more water to tears.

“Jay, bro, hey: look at me,” He snapped his fingers and tried to get the sickly man’s attention. “Actually, no, look at yourself. You’re cheating death right now, man. You’ve literally had a machine stuck in your chest, been stapled back up, crawled your a** out of the hospital like some immortal action hero. You’re not about to lose your cool because some little LED screen hasn’t lit up yet.”

He had been hunched over, to see Jay’s arm better. Now he crossed his arms and sat back in the chair, trying to look unconcerned. “And don’t give me any of that ‘there’s no one out there for me’ bull, either. There are thousands of people waiting for their SO’s to get their Timer still, otherwise I’d be out of a job.”

His thoughts flashed briefly to Sam, and his blank Timer, and the tangled mess Kam had made after convincing himself he was just helping him rebound from the last breakup. It gave another pang of guilt. This made two days in a row that he was picking up the pieces of results from a blank Timer. Well, no way he could ******** this up as badly as he had done with the first… as he was continuing to do, really.

“This is the first time I’ve seen you be anything but wild. ‘Never imagined myself settling down with anyone.’ What makes you think your soulmate’s any different? He’s probably out there living it up right now, thinking the same thing. Hasn’t had his own run-in with death. So, you hang out with steady handyman here for a while, get the wind back in your sails, and get back to breaking hearts until you find the one that matches this thing.” He tapped the Timer.

Jay might have had time to get a reply in, but Kamden wasn’t showing any signs of accepting any arguments. He was still tired, and tomorrow was going to be tiring, too. But he didn’t show any sign of that as he scooted the chair back with a loud creak and stood up from it. “Jace, you got any cooking stuff I could mooch for a few minutes? Unless you’ve got Gatorade around. We can’t get Patient One an IV drip here, but I’ve got a hangover treatment that’s about the best replacement I can manage. Just need water, sugar, salt, and a stovetop…or coffeemaker. Whichever.” He hadn’t survived his time in college dorms to not make due with improvisations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    : | Location:
                                                    At Jace's
                                                    : | With: Jace and Jay
                                                    : | Talking To: Jay and Jace
                                                    : | Mood: Jay TF/Channeling his inner nurse/post-frat-party pro

: | Wearing: This outfit

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image

Replies came in one at a time while Seung-Ho cruised the internet on his phone. Shini, Jung Moo, Jung Song. He had decided to wait until there were a few of them. By the time he did that, Jung Moo had run into him in the quiet corner of the hotel. Actually, Luka had first. “Good morning, Luka.” He gave the dog a faint smile, but protocol usually insisted to him that he not touch the service animal while he was on the job. The rapper nodded at his bandmate/roommate's question, then at the phone in his hands. “Yes. I ate, but I could have more coffee or tea. I think everyone else wants to eat.” Or drink, on Jung Song's part. Seung-Ho wasn't the most frequent lecturer on the man's self-deprecating habits, but he wasn't blind to them. Before pulling himself off the chair, he sent a reply to the group text.

------------------------------
                                                          Just research. Would join group practice later. Will meet for breakfast.
                                                          ------------------------------

If most of the group was heading to the food area, that was what he was going to do, too. He got up to join Jung Moo and whatever cautious path his bandmate was taking to the hotel's breakfast area.
                                                          “The food here isn't bad. Some of it isn't very healthy, though.” He gave a small smile at what was probably a failed attempt at humor.

By the time they made it, Shini and Jung Song were already there. Seung-Ho waved a good morning to them and stopped in the line of other hotel guests to get himself a cup of tea. This was technically his third dose of caffeine for the morning, counting the tea and coffee from when he first woke up, but he may need the extra boost if they were practicing and then going into the interviews. Once he sat down to join his friends/fellow group members, he took a sip of the tea and pulled up his phone, starting his own part of the conversation with what was currently most on his mind: the radio interview. He swiped through a couple screens until he found the right one.
                                                          “I think this is who will interview us tonight.” He swiped through a couple more pages of the host's information, and the radio station's website, and promptly began a mini ramble. “I tried to find more about the radio station's history, but I couldn't find much. Its website is full of current news stories. But their stories are mostly popular and famous people, so this interview should be good for us. I found some old audio from past shows, but it's mostly celebrity news. I think we might get some personal life questions in with those about our music. I'm not sure. I can't find much of interviews with other bands very easily.” A couple more swipes illustrated his hope that more details would show up. “But the host seems like a positive person.” A fresh sip of his tea ended the verbal wandering. “If we are practicing before the interview, then when?”

: | Location: Breakfast area at the hotel
                                                          : | With: Jung Moo, Luka, Jung Song, Shini, technically everyone else eating breakfast
                                                          : | Talking To: Bandmates
                                                          : | Current Mood: Lost in pre-radio interview la-la land
                                                          : | Wearing: This

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User Image

♯♪♫♭♮ Full Name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Mei Tanaka

♯♪♫♭♮ Stage Name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Poppy-Chan

♯♪♫♭♮ Age ♯♪♫♭♮

→ • Twenty-One

♯♪♫♭♮ Band name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ PriZm

♯♪♫♭♮ Band position ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Vocalist

♯♪♫♭♮ Sample! ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Multiple vocalists: she could handle this. The always-smiling Poppy-Chan would take this with a grin and a cheerful wave from the stage. Sure, this wasn't the solo career she aimed for, but it wasn't a maid cafe anymore. It was a stepping stone. Maybe she'd never be a classical musician, or known for much more than her cute smile and enthusiastic performances, but who knew where this road would lead her? All she had to do was get along with her bandmates, make a good impression on the crowds, be impeccable in her performance and charisma to make up for the fact that she was likely not the best vocalist of the group...

♯♪♫♭♮ Face Claim ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Vocaloid Mayu

♯♪♫♭♮ Played By ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Lady Lagomorph

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant
SNOOOOOOPING

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant
SNOOOOOOPING

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
POPPY PROFILE FOR PRIZM

User Image

♯♪♫♭♮ Full Name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Mei Tanaka

♯♪♫♭♮ Stage Name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Poppy-Chan

♯♪♫♭♮ Played by ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Lady Lagomorph

♯♪♫♭♮ Age ♯♪♫♭♮

→ • Twenty-one

♯♪♫♭♮ Band name ♯♪♫♭♮

→ PriZm

♯♪♫♭♮ Band position ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Vocalist

♯♪♫♭♮ Height and Weight ♯♪♫♭♮

→ 4'10" & 95 lbs.

♯♪♫♭♮ Tattoos ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Absolutely none

♯♪♫♭♮ Scars and other Prominent markings ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Any blemishes have been promptly eliminated

♯♪♫♭♮ Social Media following! ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Public: Lively_Poppychan : 250k followers
                  → Personal account is kept exceedingly private

♯♪♫♭♮ Likes ♯♪♫♭♮

→ ● The spotlight
                  ● Shopping
                  ● Makeup
                  ● Playing violin and flute
                  ● Baking
                  ● Keeping things running smoothly (esp. if it's "her way" )
                  ● Classical/R&B music
                  ● Ballets (watching/studying - she hasn't tried ballet herself in years)
                  ● Romance novels (she has innocent and not-so-innocent ones: the worst are usually hidden)
                  ● Pizza (this food can easily wreck her diet)

♯♪♫♭♮ Dislikes ♯♪♫♭♮

→ ● Her insane skincare/workout routine
                  ● Failure
                  ● Disorganization
                  ● Conceding to ideas she doesn't like
                  ● Discussing/admitting to most of her "pre-Poppy" self
                  ● Losing her temper in front of others
                  ● Pressure to remain young and cute
                  ● Fear that she will fall out of popularity before succeeding on her own
                  ● Most hard liquors

♯♪♫♭♮ Personality ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Poppy is outwardly upbeat, friendly,
                  and energetic. She's not afraid to charge into a situation if it keeps things running smoothly. Inwardly, a lot of that upbeat energy is a ball of nerves and tension. Her own pressure to succeed creates much of it, as does her need to keep up the upbeat persona and not do anything "improper," like lose her temper, anywhere where it might become public. Perhaps her smile is a tad tighter around those she doesn't like, but her need to seem cheerful, coupled with the politeness instilled on her in her upbringing, means that she rarely expresses negative thoughts out loud. Outbursts are limited to quiet ones on her own or maybe screaming into a pillow in private. She generally can't stand to take things easy and strives for perfection.

♯♪♫♭♮ Voice ♯♪♫♭♮

♯♪♫♭♮ Face claim ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Vocaloid Mayu

♯♪♫♭♮ Biography ♯♪♫♭♮

→ Poppy was born as Mei Tanaka,
                  the only child of a couple who owned a nightclub in a busy part of Tokyo... not one of the best nightclubs. She was generally a good student and served on student council positions in her last two years of high school. Her favorite hobbies growing up were ballet, flute, and violin. As a teenager, her life goal was to play in an orchestra or other classical music setting, but she was never quite incredible enough to make the cut. In the meantime, she waited tables and generally worked around her parents' nightclub, ducking quickly to the employees only area if someone she knew came in.

Eventually, she had to broaden her job search to anything involving public performances, just to get her foot in the door. Potential jobs grew less and less impressive, until she landed a gig at a maid cafe. It was barely a step above waiting tables at the nightclub,
                  but it kept her tuned up on performing. She was offered to try out for a position in PriZm by someone from the group's production company. She owed making the position more to her on-stage charisma, dancing skills, and energy than to her singing voice: that was decent, but not great. She quickly started going by her stage moniker "Poppy-Chan" full time. Mei Tanaka was a mediocre musician with a mediocre future. Poppy-chan, though: Poppy-Chan could have potential, especially with the fame PriZm rocketed into. It wasn't her dream job, and catering to the anime fanatics could sometimes be a little... scary, but it was a solid job and put her out in the public. She decided to hold onto this job and hopefully use it as a stepping stone to find something better in the future. After all, she'd eventually be aged out of the idol star spotlight. That centered around being young and cute, and twenty-one was already pushing that boundary in a culture that idolized teen youthfulness. Her baby face wouldn't keep her here forever.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image

Location: Here | Mood: Here |
                                                      With: Here Talking to: Here
                                                      Wearing: This | Sounds Like: Talking & singing

The pleasant orchestral sound of a smartphone's morning alarm were slammed into silence by a small hand. Poppy's eyes inched open. Pulling the device close to her face, she squinted at the time. 'Really? That late already?!' Her head lifted from the pillow, then collapsed back down. It hurt. Her head hurt, really bad, and she was thirsty enough to drain a river. The petite vocalist squirmed under her covers temporarily, wishing the day's rough schedule would disappear, then gave up and peeled them off. A plastic clinking and extra fabric shuffling accompanied the motion. She looked over the top of her covers to see a few new clothes, still on their hangers, on the corner of her already tight bed. 'What?' Poppy blinked. Highlights from the previous night filtered into her bleary mind. The hype of the concert, the exhaustion of the after-show fan meeting, the dinner and drinking that followed afterward: oh no.

Poppy usually didn't drink much, no more than a glass of wine or so. But she had been tired and part of the larger band crowd, and one or two drinks turned to three, four, five... she never held her alcohol well anyway, and last night, she had too much. The clothes sitting on her bed were the result of the intoxicated shopping spree that followed. Well, most of them weren't bad choices, even for drunk purchases. How had she bought all of them?
                                                      'My work credit card. Kuso! I'll have to find a way to fit them all into new stage outfits... is that a collar?'

She shoved the clothes and covers aside and rolled slowly out of bed, rubbing her face as she made her way out of the cramped quarters in her pajamas. The bus bathroom was a revolving door of band members using it for the morning. She managed to squeeze in at some point to take care of some basic morning routines. The sight of her hungover, wild-haired face in the mirror shocked her somewhat awake. With someone else already waiting at the door, she rushed through washing her face and taming her hair so she didn't look ridiculous. She would wait until later to shower. Maybe then there would be less competition for the room. Her shuffling steps moved out into the kitchen area, wincing and scarcely giving a,
                                                      “Good morning,” as she roamed past one of the other band members banging on a drum kit. How inconsiderate, considering the night most of them had. She sipped a glass of water in the kitchen while she waited for some more to heat up and provide her with a morning cup of tea. Coffee and energy drinks were on her forbidden list – too much caffeine aged a person, as did all the alcohol she shouldn't have had last night – but tea was supposed to be healthy, right? Once the tea was ready, she mostly missed the others coming in and cooking, making coffee, et cetera. A few tired smiles maintained her friendly image, but her headache and tired preoccupation prevented starting any conversation.

While she sipped her cup, she scrolled through her phone, deleting any pictures that might not suit her persona well. No way were they sitting in her smartphone where they could be hacked or seen by a nosy person swiping too many times. She also double-checked her social media pages. She hadn't posted anything too incriminating to her reputation, thank goodness. The real damage control problem would be if anything showed up on other band members' pages.

By the time she finished her tea, the smell of recently prepared food drew her attention once more to the rest of the kitchen. A member of another band had made a breakfast and was carrying it to the common area.
                                                      'Her name was Stormie, right? Yes, Stormie.' More shuffling steps carried Poppy out of the kitchen and after the food. “May I have some, as well? Arigatou gozaimasu!” She took a small portion and sat down to eat. On a chair, on the floor, it didn't matter. Her head was pounding again, and she felt like death. She needed to sit down now.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
OLD LEVANDER POST STYLE

User ImageUser Image
                              T H E - N E W B I E
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just normal text
                                            "Talking!!!!!"

'Thinking'

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                            Current Mood:
                                            Talking to:
                                            Wearing: This ensemble

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User ImageUser Image
                              T H E - N E W B I E
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After receiving confirmation from the two men conversing outside that they were also waiting for the cafe to open (or at least one of them?), Levander gave them a smile and a grateful, “Thanks!” before busying himself on his phone again. Well, if he wasn't the only one waiting, he felt much less awkward. His phone was moved back in front of him for him to sort through texts and prod around a couple games while he waited. While distracted, he heard the tapping sound of shoes quickly approaching him and glanced up just in time to be enveloped in a blue dress and a friendly embrace. “Levander! It’s been too long! What brings you to the café?”  He knew that voice. He knew that voice! “Vanya!” He returned his old schoolmate's hug until they were almost doing a half-rotation on the sidewalk. “Omigosh it's been so loooong!” Had he been more awake, they might have ended up spinning in a full circle.

Once he finally let go, he held her out at arm's length and gave a happy if sleepy grin. “I'm just waiting for them to open. I ran out of food at my place, and it smelled really good.” Wait. She sounded very familiar with this cafe. “Have you been here before, then? Is it good? I was just going to get fast food, but it seemed like it would be so much better.” He thought for a moment. “If you've been here before, then you can tell me what's best, right?” Hopefully what was best would fit within his budget... After the brief ramble, he blinked another time and gave her outfit a once-over, as if he had just now noticed it. “Your dress is pretty. Did you make it or something? It looks...really fancy.”

He heard the click of the front door unlocking, and a very enthusiastic-seeming woman announced to them that the cafe was open. He gave a semi-weary pump of his arms and a, “Yay!” She ended with some Alice in Wonderland reference, which suited the outfit she was wearing, and then what was happening finally clicked in his tired brain. “Oh, is this a themed cafe?” He turned the question to Vanya again, but he barely gave time for her to answer before whisking her into the storefront by the arm. “It's sounds like fun! Let's go see.”

If it sounded like fun from the outside, it looked like even more fun on the inside. After returning the greetings to the employees welcoming everyone in, Levander took a moment to marvel at the room's décor. Alice in Wonderland, it was, decked out in almost every detail imaginable, with a bunch of the workers in cute outfits to suit it. He was grateful that he had a couple alarms set on his phone to tell him when he needed to be places, seeing as he could easily spend the whole day in here. Speaking of the phone... he pulled it back out and began snapping pictures of just about anything interesting he saw, with a choice one or two posted to Instagram right away. The rest, he'd pick through later. Some selfies were taken with Vanya in her fancy outfit, too.

“So, what've you been up to?” he asked her while he examined what had to be those red rose pops the employee had mentioned. He picked one of them up by the stick and rotated it to see all the angles, impressed by the workmanship. “Are you still at the university? How's the place been? I haven't been there since I graduated, really.” He knew she had stayed at least a little longer than he had, though he wasn't sure if she'd graduated yet or not. But if she had any updates on their old teachers or classmates, he wanted to know. Levander pulled his eye contact away from the products for a moment. “Is Professor Berkowitz still there, or did he retire yet?” The look on his face said exactly what he thought about Professor Berkowitz still teaching. Once she started her reply, his gaze was pulled by another one of the goodies around the shop, which he also picked up and examined while he listened.

As they were making their way through, they nearly bumped into another man who looked to be heading to one of the employee areas. The other man apologized, and Levander simply waved it off. “No problem – no harm done! Do you work here? The one lady said something about a special tea. Do you know anything about it?”

OOC: Apologies to anyone with the surname Berkowitz. emotion_awesome

Current Mood: YAY HUGS | In wonderment at Wonderland
                                            Location: Outside the cafe | Inside the cafe
                                            With: Everyone outside the cafe | Vanya (F) | Technically anyone inside the cafe
                                            Talking to: Same as above

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
User Image
      User Image
                            T H E - N E W B I E

Levander listened to Vanya's description of her project

Current Mood: In wonderment at Wonderland/Chatty/Hungry & Thirsty
                                        With: Vanya (F), Cian, technically anyone inside the cafe
                                        Talking to: Vanya, Cian

quotes here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out