Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's been my experience that the human heart is as black and empty as your average void. Certainly this is a rather depressing thought, and yet, it's simply the truth. Humanity as a whole is unworthy of life, of happiness or joy, because they never quite appreciate it properly. It saddens me that an entire race can be so... silent.

This is what brought about us, the summoners, those who knew, experienced the dark arts and welcomed them as a very part of our being. From the time of the Black Sage on down through eons beyond counting, the great practicing families brought darkness into the world: the Faustes, the Mephisto, the Mhins, the Moriarties and the Kafka. Those few born outside the art but demonstrated proficiency were brought in, creating a tightly-knit community of those with power.

On the outside were the hunters, those families who couldn't allow the darkness its place. These had no great families, no regulated progression of passion and skill; anyone, it seemed, could find a summoner and callously murder them, thereby releasing the spirits they held in thrall. Some groups chose to dispel the demons and allow their human masters to live; others embraced the ruthless life they thought necessary. The greatest of these were the van Hellsings, vicious and heartless hunters who were only too willing to sweep through entire families and slaughter them, from the oldest sage to the youngest apprentice.

Not to say that the demonologists didn't deserve such a fate; it is true that cruel and evil summoners existed, people who were dangerous to the mass of unknowing humanity. Only those deserved the deaths meted out, slow and lingering and above all, painful.

And so, following a purge unlike any before seen, a summoner and her two apprentices escaped the ruins of Earth's summoning community and came to Gaia, safe to practice as they would. But the mentor died before her time, leaving the young apprentices, Edward Fauste and Mhin Tae-yul, to carry on in her place.

They became wanderers of the world.

After many years they returned to their master's old shop and reopened it to the public, and then they waited long enough for the customers to begin to return. The heart always knows where to find the last, most terrible solution... and a demon happens to be it.

THIS SHOP IS ROLEPLAY REQUIRED.

large sign
Please read.

-EF
04august

old signs
27 november - metaplot.
7 november - welcome new staff.
30 october - the long halloween is over
24 august - revamp complete

i. Read the entire first page and any relevant links.
-----link list here
ii. Be polite, considerate, and respectful.
-----leave drama at the door
iii. Do not PM staff members about shop business.
-----this is negated if they give permission. otherwise, please PM me, Edward Fauste, especially if you have a question about anything!
iv. Do not beg or nag about events.
-----they will occur when they occur
v. Be conscientious when you post.
-----use common sense
vi. All rules and information in this shop are subject to change without notice.
-----we will assure you there is always a reason.

"Beings beyond this plane, of great and wicked power… malignant spirits and fickle tricksters. The personages of evil, of human greed, born of chaos and tragedy. They are demons, known the world over in every culture and every place since man’s inception—beginning from the fear of the dark, of things unknown and things which bring misfortune.

I was fascinated by the supernatural in my youth, as I assume all people are fascinated by such things. I chanced upon a woman of knowledge in this art—Martel—under whom I studied for many years before she passed in an unhappy event I truthfully mourn to this day.

I learned under her unenthused and regretfully short tutelage the natures of unholy spirits—the only ones which deign to appear before us—and the tricks and methods of their summoning and binding, so as to stand before you here today as the inheritor of Martel’s disconsolate shop.

There are a great many reasons people make pacts with devils. Or perhaps there is just one—the hubris of the human condition… But regardless of the reason, the service which I offer you is singular.

I will aid you in the summoning and binding of a demon, which you will contract for whatever deplorable means you wish done. All I ask for in return is a small fee, and the opportunity to document and observe the demon you summon.

There are a few things to consider:

Know the demon you wish to conjure. Its name and its disposition, and the terms which it will ask of you. Become as familiar with it as you would with a friend, or even better, I should wager.

Know also the reason for which you summon it. Only a fool would play with fire when there is no reason to get burned, I would say.

Consider the terms of the contract you will make with it. The power of sacrifice and exchange is the one thing which tames a demon, aside from the will of the Divine. It is the one thing evil will respect when it respects nothing else.

The final thing is the method of summoning. I will take care of that for you, if you do not know the approach.

I may give further advice if it is needed, but the contract is not mine, and I have no sway over it. Everything after that is up to you.

I keep a record of my knowledge regarding demons and their ilk. To prospective summoners and those interested in this art, I believe it will be of some interest."

[journal] [tenebras] [guild rules]
[npc profiles] [demon related careers]
[quest subforum]

The Summoning
The summoning may range from a circle with candles to burnt offerings to dream voyaging to
scrying, et cetera. The summoner may approach the shop to seek Edward's help, or else
they may have summoned the demon on their own, and Edward will seek them out himself.

The Manifestation
The summoning will result in a demon bound under contract. Depending on their disposition,
a demon may be passive and tamed or extremely aggressive and difficult to control.

The Resolution
The demon will assume its full form. The contract may or may not be terminated.
Little can be quantified about this stage, because all resolutions in the conflict between
summoner and demon are unique.

Edward keeps a very up-to-date record of all the demons and their summoners in a book that is open for perusal at the counter.

If an entry has been crossed out, that summoning has been terminated.

#. username: summoner name | demon | journal

o1. chaipon: Edward Fauste | Banshee | no journal
o2. romantic wishes: Jezebel | Lamia | journal
o3. koko tokei: Corie | Shateiel | journal
o4. Tanglebox: Charlotte | Mara | journal
o5. Kyoupiruchi: Dr. Kyou | Asura | journal
o6. Slanndalous: Mandy | Grim | journal
o7. Getsurei: Hilaire Montroe | Lucifer | journal
o8. hostel_en_frunk: Jiran | Lilitu | journal
o9. Storei: Bassett | Pey | journal
1o. [T]rails of [D]eath: Eiichi | Kitsune | journal
11. Ravina Loki: Claire | Ifrit | journal
12. Tangled Puppet: Corbin | Succubus | journal
13. RaiMidori: Marilene | Rakshasa | journal
14. Krysin: Soah | Incubus | journal
15. yeonhwa: Sul | Siren | journal
16. Cinderfae: Sam | Seere | journal
17. Chrystali: Neil | Astaroth | journal
18. Eftemie: Mischa | Asmodeus | journal
19. Artifect: Hudson | Wakamidori-onna | journal
20. ex o ex Snoof: Ein | Yuki-onna | journal
21. Thorn of the Lily: Seraphina | Camilla | journal
22. Topturn: Isaac Hurse | Aosoth, the Fire Girl | journal
23. Solace Light: Anisa Hale | Azrael, Lord Darkness | journal
24. Kuuro Kitten: Satasha Karrigon | Samael, Lady Death | journal

In the back of this book is an album of all the stages these Contracts went through.

the summoning

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the manifestation

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the resolution

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most Recent

There are four ways in which you may gain a consultation with Edward.

Regular Contest
You will be required to fill out the entry form to showcase your concept and writing abilities. Demons from regular contests are NON-CUSTOM and Nameless. Contests are completely FREE to enter and there is no winner's fee.

Special Contest
These contests occur occasionally, and usually offer a SEMI-CUSTOM or Named demon. Special privileges may be awarded to contest winners. Contests are completely FREE to enter and there is no winner's fee.

Flaffle
A flaffle begins life as a raffle. Tickets will be sold at the price of 1k each. From those who have tickets, we will randomly select a certain number of tickets. The holders of those tickets will submit an application, and the best concept entry will get a consultation at no further cost.

Auction
Auctions occur sporadically. This is the only way to get a Named demon aside from special contests. Every auction consultation is completely CUSTOM. An illustration of your summoner will be included.
Bidding will start at 10k, and end once 24 hours have elapsed since the last most-recent bid.

WE DO NOT ACCEPT BRIBES.

The Calendar
"Let me see when I can accommodate an appointment with you... I have a rather busy schedule."

No appointments available.

The Daemonolgie Nondenominational Winter Event begins December 13th.

Do you have a FAQ?
Yes. You can view it [here].

Can I add questions?
Yes, please post in the thread.

GUILD

You will be required to keep a journal, called a "Tome", in which you will record happenings and roleplays. I regularly read these journals for research purposes, and keeps tabs on the demons summoned from my shop. I would appreciate it if you kept your journal up to date, with an entry at least once a month, though more frequent updates are encouraged. I reserve the right to penalize extended periods of non-activity if you do not provide a notice of absence.

Please COPY or LINK TO all out-of-journal RP in your journal. This includes roleplay done in the shop, over instant messenger, in private threads, etc. As much as I wish the contrary, I am not a mind-reader and will not be able to know all the roleplay you conduct outside of your journal.

GENERAL ROLEPLAY: Must be done in third person narrative style with speech in quotations. See Roleplay Rules in the DECORUM post for more details.

JOURNAL ROLEPLAY: May be written in any style you wish, but must be substantial to the demon's personal plot (as judged by Zige) or of 400 or more words. Ex: diary entries, poetry, narratives, etc.)

You are given a lot of freedom with your character and demon, however, I would appreciate it if you consulted me (or the staff) before undertaking any dramatic RP plots or changes.

chaipon - artist, graphics maker
artbone - artist
romantic wishes - manager, event planner
koko tokei - assistant? sexy secretary?

To affiliate, please private message Edward Fauste with your banner code, or post it in the thread.
We only accept 200x40 pixel banners. Shops without such banners will be linked in text form.

Links In
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.52260521/]
[img]http://daemonolgie.langetombe.net/link_.jpg[/img][/url]

Links Out

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

User Image

The concept of Daemonolgie is chaipon's, developed and expanded by romantic wishes with help from koko tokei.
The art is Chaipon's, Artbone's, Yorugami's, or in the case of Asmodeus and Azrael, Slanndalous's.
Journal idea is Anya!XD's.

Don't be a douche. Don't break any intellectual copyrights.

God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was
only evil continually.

It troubled the LORD that he had made man on the earth,
and it grieved him at his heart.

The LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from
the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping
thing, and the fowls of the air; for I am sorry that I have made them...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff