Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

Teacher of Divination and head of Ravenclaw house
Current location: In the Great Hall, conducting the sorting ceremony.
Open your minds and look deeper than the surface, only then can you see things most refuse to look for.

The boy was sorted into the Slytherin house. She was happy to see she was finally at the last name on the list. Although she didn't show it, Lelia was quite hungry. She read the name, "Dupond, Searlait!" After this last student and a few speeches they could eat.

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Searlait Mirin Dupond
Action: Walking to the sorting hat

Searlait started at the sound of her name. She hesitantly walked up to the sorting hat and sat on the stool as the hat was placed on her head. She heard a voice debating in her head and became worried. 'Please place me, please Mr.Hat?' With that she heard Ravenclaw and quietly stood and made her way to the designated table, happy that she was indeed sorted into a house.
User Image

♫ Slytherin ♫ 4th Year ♫ 15 years ♫
              ██████████████████████████

SHAYE FRUMILUS

I had him!
              His throat was bare beneath my hand...
              I know I had him!
              His throat was there,
              And he'll never come again...
              ██████████████████████████

❝She finished practicing her instrument, and started slipping the pieces back into their velvety case. She put the small wooden piece into the reed protector before putting the box back into her suitcase.

Might as well claim a dorm, she said quietly, lugging all her stuff over to the stairs. ❞
User Image

WHERE: Slytherin Common Room

WITH: No one except my thoughts
MOOD: Calm
User Image
User Image

Open your minds and look deeper than the surface, only then can you see things most refuse to look for.

With another barely there smile she rolled up the scroll and placed it on the table along with the Sorting Hat. She whispered a soft thank you to it for sorting the students into their houses. Lelia then took the empty seat an empty seat at the staff table, one close to the other teachers, fixing the skirt of her robes as she did so. "It looks like it will be an interesting year."

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
“We teachers are rather good at magic, you know.”

User Image

‘I suppose now would be a good time to get things started.’ the woman noted, standing from her seat. The woman shot a few red sparks from her wand to gather the attention of the students below her. As she listened to the whispers and murmurs die down, Josephine cleared her throat before beginning;

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I’m excited to see many old faces, as well as some new ones. To those of you who have been with us before, I welcome you back! To our new students, congratulations. You have just entered your first year at Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry.” The Headmistress waited for the polite applause to die down before she pressed forward, “I will try to keep this brief, as I know many of you are tired and would like to get to your dormitories to rest up for tomorrow’s classes.“ the dark haired woman’s lips twitched into a light smirk, knowing very well that the first night was always the night of roaming students after hours. “To my first years, I’d like to formally introduce myself. I am Headmistress Skylark, as well as your Professor of History of Magic. I’m sure through the year you will get ample opportunity to get to know me, so I will save the formalities for tomorrow’s class.” Turning to her left, she gestured her hand, “I would first like all of you to welcome the newest addition to our staff, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Ashbourne.”

Where: The Great Hall.
With: The staff.

OutOfCoCoaPuffs: Stopping the speech here until Ashbourne posts.

User Image

Anxious Lover

8,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
User Image
Where Am I Now?: I'm at the Ravenclaw table with Alice and Searlait
If you spent a day in my position, I think you'd understand me better,

{Sandy cheered again to find another Ravenclaw. She excitedly greeted the first year with the same welcome she gave Alice. A little bit of advice for her as well couldn't hurt either. "My name is Sandy, have fun and avoid trouble in potions," She smiled at the girl. When no more first years were called, she brought her attention to the headmistress.
"Oh goodie! I love Professor Skylark's speeches!" Sandy grinned. She was quite a bit happier than usual, maybe it was best this way. Everybody could use a little happiness. She applauded when the speech was over. Sandy completely forgot how tired and hungry she was.}

but that would drive you absolutely insane.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distinct Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

★ Peregrin↳↳Malkhester
Transfiguration Professor!!

xxxxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
XXXXXUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxAMxxLEGENDx
          xxxxxxxxxx( ⊰ but that doesn't cut it ❞ )
                  xxxxxxxxxxI am at ↳ Hogwarts Staff Table ⊰
                          xxMy wand ↳ Padauk Wood - Dragon Heartstring - Ground Chimera Scale - thirteen inches - rigid ⊰

Peregrin leaned back in his chair, now keeping himself from responding to Oswald due to the Headmistress beginning her speech. He lifted his goblet again and took a quick gulp of Butter Beer, then watched with a mixture of glee as the goblet filled itself to the brim. He knew that the house elves were the ones filling the drinks, but still, it was impressive how they did it without making an appearance themselves. He set the goblet down as he eyed the great hall once again, eyes narrowing as clouds rolled across the enchanted ceiling of the hall.

'Rarely see that..' he thought, arching his eyebrows as the clouds faded as quickly as they had come. There was only one instance when the enchanted ceiling had given them problems, but that was due to a massive misfire in a practice duel, which was quickly righted by one of the Professors, he couldn't remember who.

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Searlait Mirin Dupond
First Year

Searlait was a little frightened by the enthusiastic welcome she received. As she sat down an older girl began speaking to her. She smiled slightly at the girl (Sandy) and thanked her. Searlait was still slightly lost, seeing as she had never been around so many people before.

As the Headmistress began to speak, Searlait giggled slightly at Sandy's statement and quieted to listen to the aforementioned speech, and clapped appropriately when the speech was over. Her nervousness earlier had almost completely disappeared. Her father wasn't here, she could make friends with whomever she wanted

She eyes widened as food appeared before her. "What? How? Huh? Where did this food come from?" She moved herself to check under the table and then looked again at the enchanted ceiling, noticing clouds swiftly move across the sky, before turning to stare at Sandy expectantly.

Timid Prophet

User Image
𝔏𝔦ℓ𝔲𝔯𝔞XӉ𝔬𝔭𝔢Xℭ𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯ℓ𝔞𝔦𝔫

Muggle Studies

Lilura couldn't keep the smile off of her face as she watched the group of eleven year olds grow smaller and smaller as each was placed into their respected house. She was proud at the older children, for the warm welcoming the new students were getting, and she hopped that they all found their place quickly. When she was in school she saw Hogwarts as a second home, and her house as her second family, so she could only hope the same for these children. After all, it made the months fly by, and chased away the pain of homesickness, which was quite horrible for children so young, most probably leaving their parents for the first time. Lilura also noticed a few students come in late, but she didn't comment on it. The conversations at the staff table, branching off from the late arivals, were enough to make the blonde teacher giggle quietly, though she tried to hide it as small coughs into her napkin.

Once the final first year student's name was read Lilura let her eyes follow her friend Lelia as she sat down. At the other's comment she could help but smile and nod. "Isn't every year?" Lilura asked playfully. She fell silent as the headmistress began to speak, and clapped politely when she introduced Ashbourne. It was then that she noticed the clouds on the ceiling. She looked up, slightly confused, as she watched them leave. After a moment she decided not to worry about it, and returned her attention to the ceremony.

𝔏𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫: Great Hall- Staff Table
"Appearances? They always deceive..."

User Image

Professor Jason Ashbourne,
Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher
Who with: Headmistress Skylark, Professor Gigando, four other professors, students in the hall...

Jason had to shake himself out of a bit of a stupor he'd worked into. He'd been staring along the rows of students, examining the new students, those returning, and the prefects. He'd gotten so engrossed in this task, to the point where he even noticed a Gryfinndor student staring at him, that he had all but lost track of time. This proved unwise when Headmistress Skylark started her speech, and introduced him to the students as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. He could've sworn he almost saw lightning strike, as well as the ominous clouds, in the enchanted ceiling when his name was announced...

Dramatic as that was, he felt a bit unnerved by it. Some of the students would no doubt recognize his last name, the staff notwithstanding, and he could hear a bit of whispers going through the crowd. Nonetheless, he stood up, cloak still obscuring his face, and his wand arm aimed upwards. A succession of brightly colored sparks shot out of it, and formed the word 'Welcome!' in the air. Those who paid attention would note that it was colored in the various colors of the four Houses. It stood there, sparking over everyone's heads, before bursting into a bright shower of colored sparks. Said sparks rained down on each of the four House tables, in their House color no less, but never touched the students. He was careful to make sure of that, as he wanted to be careful the first time around...

A good applause welcomed him, and he bowed politely to it. ”Forgive me, staff, I couldn’t resist doing this just once. As the Headmistress told you, I am professor Ashbourne; your new, and hopefully permanent, Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! Now…I realize my appearance in this cloak is a bit…shocking. I apologize for it, and if this helps…” he said, trailing off before pulling the hood down and revealing his face. His red eyes finally got to connect with the crowd, meeting their eyes. He noted a few were freaked out by his red eyes, and the cloak, but he smiled nonchalantly. ”Now then, I know I’m grandstanding a bit; but just to give a preview of my lessons. I treat all as equals, so…there’ll be no rivalries coming in, no curses aimed unless in practice; or it’s detention! Be forewarned that appearances always deceive, and that you must be alert at all times. You need to be focused, disciplined, and above all; to quote one of my favorite Aurors, you need to practice CONSTANT VIGILANCE! Thank you, and I hope you all have a pleasant night and a wonderful year.” he said, smirking as he sat back down; winking at the Headmistress, as well as the rest of the staff, mischievously, as if to say ‘top that!’

Okay, that went well! At least, to him it did. It would no doubt be an interesting year… provided he could keep his theatrics under control!

"...try getting to know someone on the inside, eh?"

Lupine Sex Symbol

8,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • First step to fame 200
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxE l i z a b e t hX C o t éX R e n a ú l d i
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx16 6th Slytherin

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--- ❝ I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent

User Image

Elizabeth clapped wildly as the Professor performed his theatrics in a spectacular way and delivered his speech. She laughed when he quoted Mad-Eye Moody, an Auror that had been completely brilliant in his success but as mad as they come. She hoped to be as legendary as he was someday, if her career took off as an Auror.

"Brilliant! Bloody brilliant!" she shouted over the applause, grinning at him. "Defense Against the Dark Arts is going to be incredible this year!" Elizabeth added to Arianna, still grinning wildly. She had probably been the last one clapping by the time it all calmed down, preparing for the next new teacher's speech.

| l o c a t i o n: Great Hall, Slytherin table |
| d o i n g: Being enthusiastic |
| f e e l i n g: Giddy |
| t h i n k i n g: Can't this feast go by faster? |

[ooc: Excellent job, knux! :3 ]

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

"That is what makes teaching here so much fun." Lelia whispered at the last second. Headmistress Skylark was good with her speech but the showstopper was Jason, er...Professor Ashbourne's performance. She failed to suppress a grin as he said he couldn't help it just that once. She whispered to Liluria, much like a teenager in an auditorium. "He's going to say that every year he teaches."

Anxious Lover

8,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
User Image
Where Am I Now?: I'm at the Ravenclaw table with Alice and Searlait
If you spent a day in my position, I think you'd understand me better,

{Sandy cheered wildly at such dramatic speech. Ah mad-eye, she remembered her grandmother saying he was an excellent auror, and was moody for a reason. Noticing the first year questioning the food appearing out of nowhere, Sandy smiled. "Oh, it's the work of the house elves. They don't like to be seen, they work in the kitchens. They're very good for getting food many of us like," She explained. Yes, it felt very good to be helpful.
"It's not going to bite, unless somebody enchants it to, but Ravenclaws tend not to be too bad about that," Sandy chuckled. Her grandmother was exactly the Ravenclaw that would do that to a first year. She supposed she was a bit more like her mother that way. She was, however, contemplating making a betting pool to see how long this year's Defense Against Dark Arts teacher would last, something grandma Wincem once did (and won that bet). Doing that would get her a terribly long detention if the teacher found out though, so she would do no such thing.}

but that would drive you absolutely insane.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Prophet

User Image
𝔏𝔦ℓ𝔲𝔯𝔞XӉ𝔬𝔭𝔢Xℭ𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯ℓ𝔞𝔦𝔫

Muggle Studies

At Professor Ashbourne's show Lilura could only look up at the welcome for a moment, before watching it rain down. As his speech came to a close Lilura couldn't hide the smile on her face if she wanted to, as she clapped. From the looks on all the students faces as they clapped Lilura could tell that they had enjoyed the show as well. Not that should could blame them. To be honest, if she was still a student, that show would have caused her to change who her favorite teacher was, without the slightest hesitation. At Lelia's words Lilura couldn't hide a small laugh before nodding. "Oh, I certainly hope so! Did you see those winks? I do believe we've been challenged!" Lilura whispered back playfully before laughing again. Oh, it looked like this year was going to be an extremely interesting one, to say the very least.

𝔏𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫: Great Hall- Staff Table

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
“We teachers are rather good at magic, you know.”

User Image

‘The staff choices I make.' Josephine shook her head in amusment at the display. 'At least things around here never get boring.' After giving the students a moment to get out their applause, whispers and giggles, she shot another round of sparks into the air to signal the need for silence. "Thank you for that," the woman gave a soft cough, though it did little to hide her laughter, "Unique display Professor Ashbourne." Giving her head a last shake of wonder she returned to the matter at hand. "I'd also like to take a moment to introduce our wonderful returning staff members to the first years. Please keep in mind that, should you find yourselves lost or in need of any assistance, these Professors are here to help you, particularly the head of your house." motioning to the other side of Professor Ashbourne she continued; "Professor Gigando. If you would?"

Where: The Great Hall.
With: The staff and students.

OutOfCoCoaPuffs: Stopping the speech here until Gigando posts.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces