Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmistress: Josephine Skylark
(Order of Merlin, First Class, International Confed. of Witches)

Dear ________,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on August 10th. We await your owl by no later than August 9th.

Yours sincerely,

Headmistress Skylark

COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

User Image
((Profiles Link))
((OOC Thread))
((Staff Room))

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

** Please note that this RP will follow the three strike law (with the exception of rules 4 and 5). For every rule broken, one warning will be received. After the third warning, you will be banned from the RP. Ignorance will not be a valid excuse for rule breaking, so make sure to read all of the rules before joining.

1) First and foremost, there will be absolutely no book characters in this RP. I’m sorry, but I want to make a version of Hogwarts that can tear off from the books. All credit to the places and such go to J.K Rowling, but the characters will belong to us. So please, remember when you are making your character that names such as ‘Potter’ or ‘Riddle’ are off limits. Send a profile using those names to me and I’m denying you off the bat, unless you change the name.

**Additional note: This RP takes place about Four Generations after the books. So about 100+ years into the future.

2) I am Headmistress. The rules I set must be followed.

3) God-Moding, invincibility/immortality and killing off someone else’s character(s) without permission are all strictly forbidden.

4) All profiles must be sent to, and accepted by, me. You may not begin posting until your character profile(s) have been posted in the Profiles Thread. Anyone caught posting with a non-accepted character will be automatically booted from the RP.
**Addition: In the event of my absence (IE: If I am not available online) Profiles may be sent to my Co-Moderator, Ramona Razor, for acceptance.

5) As this is a Gaia RP, all posts must follow the Gaia ToS. Cursing and violence are to be expected, but please keep it to a minimum and do not get overly graphic. Romance is also to be expected, but clothing must be kept on at all times. If the clothes start coming off you must use a time-skip. Failure to do so will result in an automatic boot from the RP.

6) This is a semi-literate RP. Please be sure to use spell check and use proper grammar. If your post is not understandable, you will be asked to correct it. A minimum of one paragraph (4-5 sentences) is required per post. I understand writer’s block, but do not try to use this as an excuse for every other post.

7) Every Sunday, I will go through and delete any inactive profiles. You will be considered inactive if you have not posted in more than 3 days, unless you message me or post in the OOC a legitimate reason why you will be unable to post. If your profile is deleted, your spot will be opened to the public.

8.) I would like for this to be a long term RP, not one that dies out after a few weeks. So please, if you do not have the time to commit in order to post a reasonable amount on this RP, do not join. I understand real life commitments, I’m a college student myself, so I am not asking for you to post daily, but please make the attempt to post at least 4 times a week, and tell others in OOC if you cannot be online.

9) There is a limit of 2 characters per person. No exceptions will be made. Please do not make more characters than you are able to handle. If I receive complaints, or feel that you are not properly keeping up with posting due to the amount of characters you are using, I will ask that you remove one from the RP.

10) All posts are expected to contain a picture of your character, as well as the character’s name and a spot labeled WHERE (or something similar) stating where your character is located to avoid any confusion . You are free to format your post however you wish, as long as it includes these three things somewhere. Also note that any type of picture (real, anime, hand drawn ect.) are ALL acceptable.

11) I reserve the right to add new rules. Please check back often for updates.

12) Be respectful to your fellow RPers, and above all, have fun!

13) To prove that you read the rules posted above, please insert a smiley in your PM after your profile.

NEWLY ADDED RULES
**New rules and rule additions will be placed here.

14) No book character rip offs. I do not want to see a bunch of parseltongues running around, or a ton of people trying to claim 'The sorting hat tried to put me in Slytherin, but I said I wanted any house but Slytherin so it placed me in Gryffindor.' Be original with your characters! That's why they are known as OCs (Original Characters).

15) I do require that all posts be written in third person, past tense. If you don't know what this means, feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to explain it to you.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Profile Skeletons

Student Skeletons

[IMG]Picture of your Choice Here.[/IMG]
Hello, my name is [color=any color here](name here)[/color] pleasure to meet you.
You can’t tell? I’m a [color= any color here](gender here)[/color]
My age? Well that’s easy; I’m [color=any color here](age here)[/color].
If you really need to know I’m [color=any color here](sexual orientation here)[/color].
Well you see I’m in [color=any color here](What year your character is in)[/color].
My favorite subject is [color=any color here] (Your favorite class).[/color]
I’m in [color=house color here](What house you are in).[/color]
I’m a [color=any color here] (Muggleborn, half blood or pureblood.)[/color]
My electives are; [color=any color here](choose your one to three elective classes from the classes available list).[/color]
It’s a really long story, but if you have the time… [color= any color here](Bio here. No mystery stuff. I want to see a minimum of 5 sentences.)[/color].
A few things you might want to know about me are… [color=any color here](Insert a 3-5 things you want others to know about your character. Likes, dislikes, quirks, ect.)[/color].
[align=right]My Wandmaker was; [color=any color here](Your username here)[/color].[/align]

Professor Skeleton

Hello, my name is [color=any color here](name here)[/color] pleasure to meet you.
My age? Well that’s easy; I’m [color=any color here](age here)[/color].
If you really need to know I’m [color=any color here](sexual orientation here)[/color].
Well you see I teach [color=any color here](The subject you teach)[/color].
I’m a [color=any color here] (Muggleborn, half blood or pureblood.)[/color]
It’s a really long story, but if you have the time… [color= any color here](Bio here. No mystery stuff. I want to see a minimum of 5 sentences.)[/color].
A few things you might want to know about me are… [color=any color here](Insert a 3-5 things you want others to know about your character. Likes, dislikes, quirks, ect.)[/color].
[align=right]I was recommended for this position by; [color=any color here](Your username here)[/color].[/align]

Villain Skeleton

My name? Why it’s [color=any color here](name here)[/color] though in a few minutes I doubt it’ll matter.
Why would you need to know that? Well, I suppose I can tell you, I’m [color=any color here](age here)[/color].
Well you see I’m [color=any color here](a member of Aduro Malum OR Aduro Malum’s leader.)[/color].
I’m a [color=any color here] (Muggleborn, Squib or Muggle)[/color].
What’s my story? Well, I suppose I can tell you. It may be last thing you’ll ever hear anyway… [color= any color here](Bio here. No mystery stuff. I want to see a minimum of 5 sentences. For those applying for the leader position, please read the note posted beneath the Villain’s profile skeletons thoroughly.)[/color].
[align=right]I was recruited by; [color=any color here](Your username here)[/color].[/size][/align]

**Note: We are currently only accepting 5 villian spots (1 leader and 4 henchman) For the time being the rest of the group will be NPCed. Please make sure to keep checking back, as more spots may be opened later.

Villain #1: Taken
Villain #2: Taken
Villain #3: Reserved
Villain #4: Open
Villain Leader: Taken

For anyone planning to make a Aduro Malum character, please be sure to read the entire main plotline before applying.

The Plotline: A group of Muggleborns known as the Aduro Malum (being aided by various Muggles and Squibs) want to take over Hogwarts for themselves, to use the power of 'The Heart of Hogwarts' (the core of the school's power) to gain control of the school's magic. Their leader is a Muggleborn who is tired of the Purebloods and even some Halfbloods looking down upon the Muggleborns. They plan to use the school's power to wipe out the Pureblood line.

In order to find the 4 items needed to create the 'Key' that is needed to tap into this power, they plan to kidnap the Sorting Hat, who is the only one in existence that knows the location of the objects. Both the HM and the DHM know of the objects' existence, but neither know the items locations (Nor do they know, at first, that this is what the villains are after.)

The items are 4 metal shards, each that have different magical properties. Each was charmed by one of the 4 founders and the shards' powers tie in with the founders (IE: One shard's power would somehow relate to the abilities/personality of the founder that charmed it) when the 4 pieces are put together, they form a sort of key. The key can then be used to harness the power of Hogwarts.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

**Depending on what you all would like to see, and the amount of RPers we have, more classes may be added at a later date. So if something you want isn’t listed here, don’t fret! It may still be added in.

Main Courses (Required by students)

User Image Potions
User Image Transfigurations
User Image Charms
User Image Defense Against the Dark Arts
User Image Herbology
User Image History of Magic

User Image Basic Duel Instruction (1st-3rd years)
User Image Flying Lessons (1st year class only)

Elective Courses

User Image Care of Magical Creatures
User Image Ancient Runes
User Image Divination
User Image Muggle Studies
User Image Astrology

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Headmistress: Josephine Skylark

Deputy Headmistress: Patricia Bennett

Heads of Houses
Gryffindor:: Professor Gigando
Ravenclaw:: Professor Ivory
Slytherin:: Professor Dragonrose
Hufflepuff:: Professor McKinnen

Prefects (1 per House, must be 5th year or higher to qualify)
Gryffindor:: Open
Ravenclaw:: Darren Prescot
Slytherin: Elizabeth CotéRenaúldi

Hufflepuff:: Luka Gaiman

Professors
Potions- Taught by: Deputy Headmistress P. Bennett
Transfigurations- Taught by: Professor P. Malkhester
Charms- Taught by: Professor O. McKinnen
Defense Against the Dark Arts- Taught by: Professor J.Ashbourne
Herbology- Taught by: Professor D. Jeres
History of Magic- Taught by: Headmistress J. Skylark

Duel Instruction- Taught by: Professor L. Gigando
Care of Magical Creatures- Taught by: Professor M. Dragonrose
Ancient Runes- Taught by: OPEN
Divination- Taught by: Professor L. Ivory
Muggle Studies- Taught by: Professor V. Mithrandír
Astrology- Taught by: Professor D. Shanks
Flying Lessons- Taught by: Professor T. Kaoru

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

User Image

Head of House: Professor Gigando
Prefect: None
Students: Aimi Markeis- 1st year
Felix Samson- 1st year
Drew Bekowsky- 5th year
Sofia Verdugo- 6th year
Aislinn Cregan- 6th year
Chad Vablatsky- 6th year

User Image
Head of House: Professor McKinnen
Prefect: Luka Gaiman
Students: Arabelle Prescot- 2nd year
Abbey Sutton- 3rd year
Lillith Maxwell- 5th year
Daniel McCormick- 6th year
David McCormick- 6th year

User Image
Head of House: Professor Ivory
Prefect: Darren Prescot
Students: Keaton Bellflower- 4th year
Liberty Smith- 5th year
AuroraBelle Flameheart- 6th year

User Image
Head of House: Professor Dragonrose
Prefect: Elizabeth Renaúldi
Students: Arianna Tillage- 3rd year
Cristopher Nathair- 3rd year
Sammie Black- 4th year
Toki Spinner- 5th year
Salazar Ishtar- 5th year
Jessick Arga- 7th year

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Skill Levels
All characters will fall under one of 5 dueling skill levels.

Skill Level 1- No knowledge. If you have a first year character, this is where your character will fall. As students cannot practice magic outside of Hogwarts, it is almost virtually impossible that a first year student has had any instructional dueling lessons.
Skill Level 2- Once you complete your first year of Basic Duel Instruction class (In order to complete it, you must pass your final exam), your character will be considered a level 2 duelist.
Skill Level 3- Once you complete your second year of Basic Duel Instruction class (In order to complete it, you must pass your final exam), your character will be considered a level 3 duelist.
Skill Level 4- Once you complete your third year of Basic Duel Instruction class (In order to complete it, you must pass your final exam), your character will be considered a level 4 duelist.

All 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students are required to take Basic Duel Instruction. Once your character has hit ‘Skill Level 4’ it is not possible for them to progress any further in dueling skill as a student.

In order to reach Skill Level 5 dueling skill, one needs the real life experience of dueling. For this reason, Professors will be the only ones allowed to have a Skill Level of 5.

(**Note: This does NOT mean that all Professors will have a Level 5 skill level. This is up to their creators. For those who have Professor Characters, you may place their dueling skill level where ever you wish.)

How the Duel is Determined
The duel is determined by, of course, offensive spells. When your character uses a basic spell (Examples: Stupiefy, Incendio or Crucio) you will be required to roll a 4-sided dice. The number of dice you rule will be equal to your skill level (Example: A level 3 duelist rolls 3 4-sided die.)

Once the attacker has rolled and received their number, the other player may then roll their dice (again, the number will be equal to their skill level.) in the attempt to ‘Dodge’ or ‘Deflect’ the spell. A sample duel would look like this:

Player A attacks Player B with Stupifey.
Player A rolls 2 4-sided die and generates a 2 and a 3, making their number a 5.
Player B rolls 3 4-sided die and generates a 3, a 1 and a 4 making their number an 8.

Because Player B’s number is higher than Player A’s, Player B was able to successfully dodge the spell and the duel will continue. The duel ends when one of the two players manages to successfully hit their opponent.

Binding Curses and Disarming
Players may also chose to use the disarming spell or a binding curse on their opponent. The rules of these curses are the same for every Skill level. The player will role 1 6-sided dice. If the number rolled is odd, the spell connects. If the number rolled is even, the spell did not work.

In short: The victor of the duel will always be whomever rolls the higher number. Please keep in mind that you are free to write out the dueling scene however you please. It may be as long, or as short, as you'd like, so long as the winner is ultimately whomever got the highest number in the dice roll.

**If there are any questions, suggestions, comments or concerns on these rules, please feel free to message me or contact me in the OOC.**

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
The Rules

Our Quidditch will be, for the most part, entirely RPed aside from how the winner is decided. We will decide the victor prior to the match.
Our two opposing captains will be asked to shake hands as a sign of good will. During this time, I will ask the two captain RPers to use the ‘Random Number’ generator to get a number between 0 and 10.

Once the two have their numbers, our Referee will then announce the start of the match. Here, our Referee’s RPer will do the same as the two captains and generate a number between 0 and 10. Whichever captain’s number is closest to the Referee’s will end up being the victor of the match.
In the event of a tie, the two captains will each generate a number again in their next post. The Referee’s number, however, will remain the same.

Gryffindor
Captain:
Co-Captain:
Seeker:
Four Chasers: Aislinn Cregan
Two Beaters:
Keeper:

Slytherin
Captain: Elizabeth Renaúldi
Co-Captain: Arianna Tillage
Seeker: Toki Spinner
Four Chasers: Arianna Tillage
Two Beaters: Salazar Ishtar
Keeper: Elizabeth Renaúldi

Hufflepuff
Captain: Lillith Maxwell
Co-Captain:
Seeker: Abbey Sutton
Four Chasers:
Two Beaters:
Keeper: Lillith Maxwell

Ravenclaw
Captain: Liberty Smith
Co-Captain:
Seeker: Liberty Smith
Four Chasers:
Two Beaters:
Keeper:

Referee:

Any spots left blank will be NPCed until they are filled.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

((Please check this everyday before posting, as it will change.))

Day: Friday
Month: September
Weather: Crisp, clear fall day. A good day for a light jacket!
Time: Morning. 11:35am

Today's Classes

Class: Charms
Year(s) attending: All years.

Time: 1:30pm
Houses: All Houses

HOUSE POINTS

Gryffindor: 80

Ravenclaw: 105

Slytherin: 75

Hufflepuff: 100

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
Check here for events such as Quidditch matches, dances or trips to Hogsmead! (Note that dates/times are listed via the RP time, not real life time)

User Image Hogsmead Trip- Friday at 3:30pm. Students will return to school at promptly 6:00pm, no exceptions.

User Image Welcome Back Soiree- Saturday at 6:30pm until Midnight.

User Image First Quidditch Match of the season (Ravenclaw VS Slytherin)- Saturday, October 3rd at 11:00am

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Things that we plan to (eventually) implement into this RP will be listed here. Feel free to toss around ideas in the OOC and/or Staff Room. Please also keep in mind that some ideas may take longer than others and that patience will be required for certain things.

User ImageNone

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items