Total Votes:[ 497 ]

dalia salvd's Husband

Spooky Pumpkin

19,350 Points
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Haunting Echo 75
Evil Goth Bunny
I really really want to buy the philharmonie angel skirt from Innocent World. I must own it!

Does anyone know if the bow on the back is detachable?

Did you mean jumper skirt?
I found the jsk on tokyorebel and, from looking at the pictures on there, i don't think it comes with a back bow?
http://www.tokyorebel.com/products/innocent-world-philharmonie-angel-jumper-skirt

Sorry I can't be more help. I am not very familiar with Innocent World.

Kawaii Bunny

im not a mango
Evil Goth Bunny
I really really want to buy the philharmonie angel skirt from Innocent World. I must own it!

I found the jsk on tokyorebel and, from looking at the pictures on there, i don't think it comes with a back bow?
http://www.tokyorebel.com/products/innocent-world-philharmonie-angel-jumper-skirt

No, the skirt version. The stock photos look like there is a bow just above the bustle, but I don't know if I can move it around.

I've ordered it now, just need to wait for a confirmation email and hope it's in stock.

Witty Fatcat

im not a mango
Evil Goth Bunny

You can see it on their official website http://innocent-w.jp/index_e.html or also when you're looking for things there's lolibrary and hellolace! (:

Witty Fatcat

Cinema Doll will be here Saturday.... !!

-hyperventilates-

Rogue

Question dear Lolita's.

I had just recently discovered Innocent World through a friend who bought one of their dresses. I went ahead and explored their site and absolutely love their socks. I'm considering buying a pair on sale.

I am wondering if anyone here has had an experience of wearing a pair purchased through them. Are they one size? Do they stretch well over the knee? Does the material hold up okay?
Redwing Rogue
Question dear Lolita's.

I had just recently discovered Innocent World through a friend who bought one of their dresses. I went ahead and explored their site and absolutely love their socks. I'm considering buying a pair on sale.

I am wondering if anyone here has had an experience of wearing a pair purchased through them. Are they one size? Do they stretch well over the knee? Does the material hold up okay?

They're one size, and vary from one pair to the next. Most of them, the best foot fit is between 22.5 and 24cm. Above that and you start running the risk of tearing the toe out. Even on some of their larger pairs, if the material is too thin, friction can do damage to them. It's nothing you can't fix if you know how to darn your socks, but it is a turn off for some people.

As for stretch, I'm 5'5". Their socks generally reach above the knee for me, though they don't always stay up. Printed/patterned socks have less give than their plain woven pairs, due to thread changes and tension shifts.

Rogue

spuntino
Redwing Rogue
Question dear Lolita's.

They're one size, and vary from one pair to the next. Most of them, the best foot fit is between 22.5 and 24cm. Above that and you start running the risk of tearing the toe out. Even on some of their larger pairs, if the material is too thin, friction can do damage to them. It's nothing you can't fix if you know how to darn your socks, but it is a turn off for some people.

As for stretch, I'm 5'5". Their socks generally reach above the knee for me, though they don't always stay up. Printed/patterned socks have less give than their plain woven pairs, due to thread changes and tension shifts.
Thank you. Just wanted to know a bit more before I consider buying. :> I figured with the sale the price isn't too bad, at least compared to sock dreams where I get most of my specialty socks anyway. They end up being about the same value, hmm, sorta...

Witty Fatcat

Redwing Rogue
Question dear Lolita's.

Spuntino answered a few things already, but I wanted to add that IW socks are not very good for people with larger calves; they are some of the smaller socks I've encountered from brands (not quite as miserably small as Emily Temple Cute, though). I have pretty small calves and they are still tight and I can't imagine them stretching much more! But a great alternative if you do have larger calves are Metamorphose and Chantilly (especially Chantilly... I was AMAZED when I saw how wide and tall they were compared to all my IW socks)! Both of those brands generally have some really great stretchy quality to them.

Another alternative where you can get super cute prints that are classic if you have larger calves is to wear printed tights! They're super popular and a lot of people wear them. (:

Witty Fatcat

Ohh also, to both of you! SOCKS GLUE!!

Seriouslyyyyyy it's amazing and worth every single penny! I used to hate wearing OTK's because they would fall down and roll, but now that I have socks glue I've been able to wear OTK's for 16 + hours at a convention all sweaty and whatnot and they don't move even an inch!

Rogue

Secret Duckie

I do have fairly wide calves, nothing terrible, but most of it is due to muscle ( I do a lot of lifting at my work). So after reading that I might as well not get them. I've encountered similar socks where the calves always end up being too tight, and then it doesn't make the socks worth the purchase. I might check out those other brands however. I sort of figured IW would run on the smaller size. Thanks for giving me the heads up!

I do own some printed tights actually! Here my vintage rose tights! From Sock Dreams! :> I love their socks/tights.

User Image

I also have my cat tights as well.

User Image

Rogue

Secret Duckie
Ohh also, to both of you! SOCKS GLUE!!

Seriouslyyyyyy it's amazing and worth every single penny! I used to hate wearing OTK's because they would fall down and roll, but now that I have socks glue I've been able to wear OTK's for 16 + hours at a convention all sweaty and whatnot and they don't move even an inch!
Garters are also real easy to make as well. Sock Dreams has some nice garters as well, but for some of their prices I'd rather just go out, and get elastic myself and sew some random trinkets on them.

Witty Fatcat

Your tights are adorable!! And for me I wouldn't wear garters because you can sometimes see the tops of the OTK's or if the wind blows or something and imo that's too scandalous for Lolita! I love my socks glue, and it doesn't cost that much either, plus it's water soluble and doesn't damage the socks at all. (:

Also I took a photo to compare. From the left: Chantilly, Angelic Pretty, Innocent World.

User Image

Rogue

Secret Duckie
My word! The IW socks are tiny! Thank you for showing. I think I'll look up Chantilly and see if there are any prints I like. Those are super cute as well.

Rogue

Secret Duckie
Is there a specific store source to find Chantilly? Maybe a home website? I'm having no luck finding such a source. Other then Amazon and a few other random sources.

Kawaii Bunny

Aaaargh, Innocent World haven't invoiced me yet. I wasn't really expecting them to, because I've heard it always takes a while during sales, but now the version of the skirt I ordered is sold out on the website.

Do you think they'll offer me a different colourway instead if I can't have that one?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff