Total Votes:[ 1599 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 278 279 280 > >> >>> »|

Fizzlesticks
Nocturne Op9
This thread should be stickied, IMO.

Cheers. wink

dido

Persona_Samael

you can also use a budai(sp?) system to help clean, but toomuch cleaning can remove nessiscary natural cleaning agents as well as create infections.

Ahh, the old bidet. I had to google it to find the spelling too. Those were always fun to sit on.

Anyway, a warning against douches and soaps/detergents/gels/moisturisers/deodorants: use ONLY water on your genitals as other products will really muck around with the 'natural balance' and will likely cause thrush. As for douching, the v****a has its own cleaning system, and douching will only strip it out and, again, upset the balance. Thrush isn't fun, so don't douche, scrub or spray. razz
i've never heard anything positive about douche's...ever. all i meant was water. good old clean water, but still you don't want to wash to much or you can wash out the natural cleaning shtuff.
LorienLlewellyn
Persona_Samael

i agree. cleaning is very essential toa healthy sex life. infact i have advised shaving for many of my friends. it hepls to maintin cleaning and easier to see signs of STIs if you indeed have any.

When it comes to females, I always advise against shaving pubic hair and so do many ob-gyns. When females shave their pubic hair, it actually increases their chances of getting infections down there.

Hair is not dirty. People with poor hygiene are dirty. That means someone can have body hair and still be very clean. I do not remove any of my body hair, and I am very clean. Washing is what keeps people clean, not removing hair. So as long as you take care to wash your private bits daily, they should stay plenty clean enough regardless of how much hair is there. 3nodding

Some people still opt for hair removal for whatever reason though. In that case, trimming or waxing are the best options, not shaving. 3nodding

As for how to wash yourself, as people already mentioned, do not douche. Douche is very unhealthy for most women. Simply wash the vulva with warm wild and a mild soap. Never try to wash inside the v****a unless you ob-gyn tells your otherwise.

i advise my female friends to tell thier respective men to shave. when girls shave i do worry a bit cause of all the ramifications of getting shaving gell and shite up there. i mean honestly i like shaven girls, but i do feel bad cause of the dangers....
does that make me a hypocryte?

Quotable Informer

Laana_Natichoba

i advise my female friends to tell thier respective men to shave. when girls shave i do worry a bit cause of all the ramifications of getting shaving gell and shite up there. i mean honestly i like shaven girls, but i do feel bad cause of the dangers....

Haha. Maybe it does. xp

Why should their partners have to shave though? confused There is no reason to tell people that they or their partner should shave. I do not remove body hair, neither does my current partner, neither did any of my past partners. Removing body hair is a preference, not a requirement, and it's certainly not something we should be telling people they have to do.
[Lieutenant Jailbait]
LesbianWetDreams
Fizzlesticks
LesbianWetDreams
Nice thread.

Ever hear anything about a disolving film?
I saw it the other day and was thinking about getting it to use also with a condom.

Also, I feel that even when I'm legally considered an adult (Which will be very soon) I'm under control of my family because it is my only home. How essential is it to go to the doctor? What can happen if I don't? I'm fairly active with my boyfriend now and I do want to go farther. The only thing that would hold me back would be if it was mandatory that I go to the physician.

Seeing a doctor before becoming sexually active is one of the most important things. You want to know that you and your partner are both completely healthy. Is is possible to contract STDs at birth from your mother; to contract STDs via sharing towels, drinks or toothbrushes; or to carry an infection (like glandular fever) without noticing it. You also need to make sure that doctor is accessible in case you need to see them after becoming sexually active.

What is preventing you from getting to a doctor? You need transport and cash, and it sounds like you are old enough to be part of a government medical rebate scheme (here in Australia we have medicare) or health insurance. Catch a bus or taxi if necessary; get a friend to drive you; tell your parents you feel a bit under the weather and get them to drive you - they don't have to know what your appointment is for.

As for 'dissolving films', I'm not sure what you mean.

Ah but the problem is with going to see the ob-gyn. My mother is nosy. Keyloggers on my computer, Completely tearing my room apart just to see what I'm hiding ect. If I tell her I want to be alone with the doc, she'll ask me twenty five questions. She's (And I hate to use this to explain) Christian. Which means sex before marriage is a huge no-no. My morals differ. The only thing holding me back is the risk of pregnancy.
I'm not going to have un protected sex. The film was backup for use with a condom and I'm going to be of legal age of consent in the next few months. Her and I differ on many things and I'm mostly worried about the big "Battle" It'll take to get where I want to go.

I'm sure I lack STD's because I'm adopted. They test mom and baby for disease and drugs. After all, adoption is like very expensive shopping. If it's defective, who'd want it ><; Sad to say but that's the truth for most parents who are looking to adopt.

Dissolving films are a type of spermicide. You insert it a little while before sex and it dissolves in you. They're safe to use with condoms. I have used them before. The brand i used is VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film). They also make foams and other spermicidal products. They can cause vaginal irritation, but are way more effective than using spermicidal condoms (which are no more effective than regular condoms). Sponges are another option for spermicide.

Right. I just don't trust myself to just a thin piece of rubber. T.T; Does it effect the condom any or cause it to break easier?

See the problem is- if I want to go somewhere, I get asked twenty million questions. Especially with my boyfriend. About 5 years ago I went through a horrible year of teasing from another student about my being adopted (Now I know he was just jealous I had such a good family. His was horrible. Ah, maturity <3 I'm actually quite the happy panda these days because although I do have a bit of trust issues with my mom and we argue almost daily, I have a good life.) My mother saw me upset and thus she became hurt. Since then she's really strict with me and where I go and with who. We wanted to go see a movie at a good theatre about an hour away from the usual and she flipped asking why we can't just go to the normal one. ><; One acronym. 3D. ><; So anyway, to make a long story short I think the reason she's like this is because she's afraid of losing me in any way.

He's got a car but he's getting his license no more than 6 months from now. I've been reliant on my mom for making all my appointments and such so I'm not really sure on how I'm going to be able to hide something this big from her. We had a talk about it about a month ago and she's not so flammable as I thought she'd be. She has different morals than me but she's making sense when she says she doesn't want me to lose my virginity to the first guy who tells me he loves me. Her and I differ slightly on that because personally I'd rather lose it to someone I care about now rather than when I'm drunk. I hope that never happens. >,< Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity. Still I have a good mind on me to be safe. Super safe.

I'm starting to leave little hints here and there. Looking at Birth Control items in the store (Which is when I learned about the film) and such.

That reminds me- Why are condoms so expensive? Its always 7$ for a pack of condoms. If we're supposed to be practicing safe sex why do I have to pay so much to do it?

Wasn't Planned Parenthood the ones who are under attack by right wing conservatives for giving birth control to kids without parental consent?

Quotable Informer

LesbianWetDreams

Right. I just don't trust myself to just a thin piece of rubber. T.T; Does it effect the condom any or cause it to break easier?

Spermicides are safe to use with condoms. In fact, many condoms come coated in spermicidal lubricant.

LesbianWetDreams

That reminds me- Why are condoms so expensive? Its always 7$ for a pack of condoms. If we're supposed to be practicing safe sex why do I have to pay so much to do it?

I don't know why condoms cost so much. Some schools and clinics give them out for free though.

LesbianWetDreams
Wasn't Planned Parenthood the ones who are under attack by right wing conservatives for giving birth control to kids without parental consent?

Probably. Conservatives attack most things though. I agree with Planned Parenthood. Kids have sex. Whether we agree with their having sex or not is not the issue. They should still be able to have safe sex. 3nodding
LorienLlewellyn
LesbianWetDreams

Spermicides are safe to use with condoms. In fact, many condoms come coated in spermicidal lubricant.

LesbianWetDreams

I don't know why condoms cost so much. Some schools and clinics give them out for free though.

LesbianWetDreams

Probably. Conservatives attack most things though. I agree with Planned Parenthood. Kids have sex. Whether we agree with their having sex or not is not the issue. They should still be able to have safe sex. 3nodding

Bill O'rilley did something on them if I can recall or something just like it.

Okay I've heard some lubes are dangerous to use with condoms so I'm just making sure to check. That just reminded me- It wouldn't be safe to perform oral after inserting the film would it? I didn't really read the back so I'm not sure on how close to the actual sex you can put it in and have it still work.

Quotable Informer

LesbianWetDreams

Okay I've heard some lubes are dangerous to use with condoms so I'm just making sure to check. That just reminded me- It wouldn't be safe to perform oral after inserting the film would it? I didn't really read the back so I'm not sure on how close to the actual sex you can put it in and have it still work.

It's oil-based lubricant that you have to avoid using with condoms.

No, I would not suggest having your partner perform oral sex on you after you put the film in.

Make sure you read the directions before using it. I believe with VCF, it says you insert the film at least 15 minutes before starting sex.
LorienLlewellyn
LesbianWetDreams

It's oil-based lubricant that you have to avoid using with condoms.

No, I would not suggest having your partner perform oral sex on you after you put the film in.

Make sure you read the directions before using it. I believe with VCF, it says you insert the film at least 15 minutes before starting sex.

Okay. Thanks. Just checking all bases.
LesbianWetDreams
Ah but the problem is with going to see the ob-gyn. My mother is nosy. Keyloggers on my computer, Completely tearing my room apart just to see what I'm hiding ect. If I tell her I want to be alone with the doc, she'll ask me twenty five questions. She's (And I hate to use this to explain) Christian. Which means sex before marriage is a huge no-no. My morals differ. The only thing holding me back is the risk of pregnancy.
I'm not going to have un protected sex. The film was backup for use with a condom and I'm going to be of legal age of consent in the next few months. Her and I differ on many things and I'm mostly worried about the big "Battle" It'll take to get where I want to go.

I'm sure I lack STD's because I'm adopted. They test mom and baby for disease and drugs. After all, adoption is like very expensive shopping. If it's defective, who'd want it ><; Sad to say but that's the truth for most parents who are looking to adopt.

Gosh, I'm sorry (but intrigued!) to hear about your mother; such an invasion of privacy would drive me insane. Frankly, I'd be protecting my computer and putting a lock on the door, but that's another matter for another time. In this case, sounds like you'll need to be a bit sneaky: you're going to need to drive, take a taxi, or a bus. When my friends and I were sneaking out to pride events when we were younger, we'd usually say we were going to dinner and a movie, and we'd provide them with all the info: which movie, where, when. Anyway, as Lorien said, Planned Parenthood is a great place to start.

Yes, it's possible to contract things at birth, and these may have been (mostly) ruled out, but, diseases are tricky things and it is possible that one's been hanging out unnoticed that you've collected over the years: shared towels or toothbrushes, a kiss. There are lots of little possibilities that shouldn't be ruled out.

I really don't recommend spermacides because of the risk of UTI (ow!), but also because if there is something there, they create an environment in the v****a that's easier for STDs to thrive in. If you skip back to p. 8, near the bottom there's an article about the risks of spermacide from one of our linked pages. It's really worth a read. [Edit: I've re-posted it on this page too.]

I'm glad you're really thinking this through, by the way. Good on you.

Let me know how you go.
[Lieutenant Jailbait]
I have a suggestion for this otherwise very informative thread.
There are other methods of hormonal birthcontrol than the pill. I myself am on the patch. Maybe you should change the section where you refer to hormonal birth control as the pill and include a mini section on the types of bc. Depo is the most convenient and the pill is the most easy to scew up in my own opinion. A lot of girls are unaware of their choices when it comes to birth control, let alone the differences.
Good thread though. Wish i had the idea to make it, its very important for girls to know whats up down there and most schools dont really teach that in sex ed.

Good idea, actually. I'll put a link regarding those options directly into the kit. Cheers.
LorienLlewellyn
[Lieutenant Jailbait]
There are other methods of hormonal birthcontrol than the pill. I myself am on the patch. Maybe you should change the section where you refer to hormonal birth control as the pill and include a mini section on the types of bc. Depo is the most convenient and the pill is the most easy to scew up in my own opinion. A lot of girls are unaware of their choices when it comes to birth control, let alone the differences.
Good thread though. Wish i had the idea to make it, its very important for girls to know whats up down there and most schools dont really teach that in sex ed.

- long and comprehensive BC post -

Thanks for that, mate; I should make a space for that in the reserved spots.

Quotable Informer

Fizzlesticks
LorienLlewellyn
[Lieutenant Jailbait]

- long and comprehensive BC post -

Thanks for that, mate; I should make a space for that in the reserved spots.

Hehe. No problem. smile
Just repeating the 'risks of spermacide' article for you:
Fizzlesticks

Quote:
Q. What are the risk factors involved when using spermicides and sponges? Suggested by Fizzlesticks

A. Every form of birth control has certain risks involved. Some forms of birth control are less effective in preventing pregnancy than others, some forms of birth control may cause irregular periods, and others may not even be available in your area. Spermicides and sponges have certain side effects that are unique.

Spermicides (whether it is a film, foam, gel, or suppository) and sponges contain nonoxynol-9, a chemical used to immobilize sperm. These over-the-counter methods of birth control can be used along with condoms to provide additional protection against pregnancy, and are advantageous because they are inexpensive and are widely available. Possible disadvantages of using spermicides and sponges, however, must be considered before you and your partner decide to use this form of birth control as part of your safe sex routine.

Nonoxynol-9 may increase your chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease if your partner is infected because it causes small tears along the vaginal wall. Due to the very nature of the product itself, it encourages build-up along the wall. This creates an ideal environment for viruses to enter your body. This is why it is very important for you and your partner to be tested for STD/STIs -- even if you were both virgins or are in a monogamous relationship.

Secondly, nonoxynol-9 may cause itching or irritation in both partners. If you experience irritation or itching while using spermicides or sponges, talk to your partner and consider changing birth control methods. Sometimes switching brands or switching to a different spermicide (for example, switching from a foam to a film) may solve this problem.

Finally, nonoxynol-9 may cause urinary tract infections in women.

If you decide that spermicides or sponges might be right for your lifestyle, be sure to read the package instructions completely before use. In most cases you must use spermicides at least fifteen minutes prior to engaging vaginal sex. Sponges can be inserted up to twenty-four hours before vaginal sex, but must be left in for at least six hours after vaginal sex to ensure protection. If you are unable to use tampons for whatever reason, then you may be unable to use a sponge. Sponges also carry the same risk of TSS (toxic shock syndrome) as tampons.

Spermicidal condoms also have a shorter shelf-life and break more easily.

Source: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/list-of-free-or-reduced-cost-birth-control-options/t.35653601/
LorienLlewellyn
Laana_Natichoba

Haha. Maybe it does. xp

Why should their partners have to shave though? confused There is no reason to tell people that they or their partner should shave. I do not remove body hair, neither does my current partner, neither did any of my past partners. Removing body hair is a preference, not a requirement, and it's certainly not something we should be telling people they have to do.
QFT.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces