Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has this thread been useful to you?

Yes, it has. 0.64727954971857 64.7% [ 1035 ]
I still have some questions. 0.15447154471545 15.4% [ 247 ]
Not at all. 0.19824890556598 19.8% [ 317 ]
Total Votes:[ 1599 ]

Lunatic

I hate that this was Chatterboxed. It belongs in LD.

Lonely Explorer

Deliacroix

I sure do wonder what mod moved a thread to the CB that belonged in the LD. lol

Lunatic

Moonlight Agony
Deliacroix

Especially one such as this. It's very informative and useful. There are always threads in LD and LI which question sexuality and methods of practicing safe sex. This is helpful and nobody is going to find it here in CB, unless its linked each and every time.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
You both know that this thread can be reported and state that it belongs in the LD for such and such reasons. They probably moved it to CB only because people don't post on it that often.
Deliacroix
Moonlight Agony
Deliacroix

Especially one such as this. It's very informative and useful. There are always threads in LD and LI which question sexuality and methods of practicing safe sex. This is helpful and nobody is going to find it here in CB, unless its linked each and every time.

I know, right? Irritated me know end. I argued with a bunch of mods about it. They told me it was too biased. Eventually I gave up.

Edit: Feel free to re-report it as a misplaced thread. The mods may be different by now.
Anasui
You both know that this thread can be reported and state that it belongs in the LD for such and such reasons. They probably moved it to CB only because people don't post on it that often.

Long since tried — though everyone's welcome to try again. smile There might be different CB/LD mods now — years have passed.

But it was moved because someone thought the content was biased/guru-ish, not because there weren't many posts. There aren't many posts now because CB.

Lonely Explorer

Most likely still MegamanPsy, they will make anyone a mod now.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Fizzlesticks
Anasui

Long since tried — though everyone's welcome to try again. smile There might be different CB/LD mods now — years have passed.

But it was moved because someone thought the content was biased/guru-ish, not because there weren't many posts. There aren't many posts now because CB.
You never stated that you were a sex expert. And this thread has a lot of information regarding to sex.
Anasui
Fizzlesticks
Anasui

You never stated that you were a sex expert. And this thread has a lot of information regarding to sex.

Exactly!

Hellraiser

Long time Gaia member, first time in this thread.
I'll try to stick around because sex is on my mind a lot now.
And I have a small concern/worry
sweatdrop
01/08/13: I'm DELIGHTED to announce that, after years of being relegated to the CB, the Kit is BACK in the LD.

Remember to treat this as an LD thread for discussion!

The Safer Sex Kit is a resource for people who want to know more about safer sex, sexual health and consent. The information here is drawn from reliable online and offline studies and texts, BUT it's only a starting point for your own research. We're not authorities or doctors! We're here to discuss, lend an ear and direct you towards other resources.

Magical Duck

Wow, I haven't been back here since like forever. whee

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
The idea of sex not being painful even the first time is bs: that doesn't apply to everyone. I'm 24 and my first time was a while back and even with me being extremely turned on and lube it hurt like a b***h the first few times. I'm petite and my boyfriend is big down there, of course it's going to hurt. I also did bleed. Some women don't even have hymens and some have hymens that are so strong that a doctor has to surgically tear them. But I'm guessing you already realize that these are things that vary per case.
_d0ll-like_
The idea of sex not being painful even the first time is bs: that doesn't apply to everyone. I'm 24 and my first time was a while back and even with me being extremely turned on and lube it hurt like a b***h the first few times. I'm petite and my boyfriend is big down there, of course it's going to hurt. I also did bleed.

How's your reading comprehension?

I don't mean to be rude, but evidently you didn't take the time to actually read that resource; you just made assumptions and jumped in with some defensive comments.

Everything you've said is in that post, which doesn't say that "no one ever has painful sex" or "no one ever bleeds"; it dispels the very common, very longstanding myth that every woman will definitely endure painful, bloody first-time intercourse — which just isn't the case. Some women, like yourself, experience pain and/or bleeding (for various reasons, yes, but none of them make pain the likely default for everyone else). But that resource offers advice on the various ways to make first-time sex more likely to be comfortable.

I shouldn't have to explain that; all I'm doing here is repeating myself.

Case in point:

_d0ll-like_
Some women don't even have hymens and some have hymens that are so strong that a doctor has to surgically tear them. But I'm guessing you already realize that these are things that vary per case.

fizzlesticks
The hymen (renamed by the modern medical community as the 'corona') is a thin, flexible membrane at the entrance of the v****a that naturally degenerates over time (more rapidly from the beginning of puberty). Some hymens are particularly thick or inflexible, and can cause pain during sexual activity—if you believe this may be the case for you, it's important that you see a doctor to discuss ways that this can be solved.

Yes, indeed, I realise that those things are the case. You wouldn't have to have guessed if you had read the post before replying to it.

Best wishes,

Fizzlesticks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas