Welcome to Gaia! ::

Informer

D-Fruit
Also I would like to make a couple of suggestions...

Create high success (or even better, 100% success) formulas to SPLIT newly created alchemy items like the recolor of kitten star, into it's base parts.

This way the old items CAN'T technically be lost, and it will create a smoothing effect in the market and more incentive to craft the new items as the user knows they can recoup their old items just by consuming some more gold and perhaps some really common components.

Edit: Or maybe instead of introducing formulas to split the alchemy items it could be a service offered at the Bifrost to split them into their base parts for a gold fee (and maybe consumption of another copy of the formula that originally created the item)? Reverse transmutation service or something?

Also a suggestion involving the problem with formulas to create old cash shop items having to involve items that cost cash in their creation (and the effect that has upon their rarity and price in the marketplace). zOMG! originally used items called null fragments in the crafting of it's recipes. The null fragments could be bought for cash in the shops at that time. Why not use a similar "cash exclusive" component item to craft these old cash shop items instead of items found in those old RIGs?

Though I don't necessarily mind guaranteed success, it would also defeat one of the primary purposes of this feature, which is a Gold Sink. If people knew they could craft certain items without any possibility of losing gold, they would just use those select items to level until they have to use items with the factor of probability.

Those the reversible Alchemy has been mentioned a few times 3nodding Either way, they WILL have to find continuous methods to re supply the components, this they have already mentioned as a fact.

Informer

R0CKMAN X
gaia_kittenstar classified_northkittenstar classified_jet
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Update the Aurora Kitten Star formula please!

smile

Lol what?! Don't want to kill all your kitties for Aurora? ;D

Unbeatable Survivor

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Quote:
However, we have the feeling that only a small percentage of users will end up advancing very far in alchemy, since it takes real work to find out about the right formulas, gather the ingredients, so on and so forth. Many of these users will be hard-core -- not by virtue of cash spent or items amassed, but simply because it's only the most dedicated users that will bother to go to the effort.
It's pretty obvious why few people will advance here,,,coz on my personal point of view most gaians who will advance are gaians who have enough gold to buy enough ingredient to complete formulas when the market price in alchemy ingredients stable... they can easily create their mules for alchemy in order for them to supply enough gold to sacrifice for failed expensive formulas thus in the long run they can make themselves level far greater than any body else thus, can become richer and richer...

So far, alchemy looks interesting but the effort to throw away the gold you acquired legitimately is terrible..especially if you aspire on acquiring those new recolors from alchemy...

I guess rareness of items is a must to make gaia interesting...coz it gives you a purpose to stay despite there are a better non forum games available and new forum based that has avatar...

I am pretty sure you do alot of researching about alchemy I hope you get enough ideas to rpg games that has a similar system like forging recreating new stuffs... but I hope somehow you can make zomg more better by making a way to gain ingredients from a new map by defeating monsters there and killing bosses for some ingredients drop...like you've said there are gonna be specific things that can only be found in zomg...anyways I hope alchemy shall be embrace by many...

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Invisibility 100
Recite Your Sins
D-Fruit
Also I would like to make a couple of suggestions...

Create high success (or even better, 100% success) formulas to SPLIT newly created alchemy items like the recolor of kitten star, into it's base parts.

This way the old items CAN'T technically be lost, and it will create a smoothing effect in the market and more incentive to craft the new items as the user knows they can recoup their old items just by consuming some more gold and perhaps some really common components.

Edit: Or maybe instead of introducing formulas to split the alchemy items it could be a service offered at the Bifrost to split them into their base parts for a gold fee (and maybe consumption of another copy of the formula that originally created the item)? Reverse transmutation service or something?

Also a suggestion involving the problem with formulas to create old cash shop items having to involve items that cost cash in their creation (and the effect that has upon their rarity and price in the marketplace). zOMG! originally used items called null fragments in the crafting of it's recipes. The null fragments could be bought for cash in the shops at that time. Why not use a similar "cash exclusive" component item to craft these old cash shop items instead of items found in those old RIGs?

Though I don't necessarily mind guaranteed success, it would also defeat one of the primary purposes of this feature, which is a Gold Sink. If people knew they could craft certain items without any possibility of losing gold, they would just use those select items to level until they have to use items with the factor of probability.

Those the reversible Alchemy has been mentioned a few times 3nodding Either way, they WILL have to find continuous methods to re supply the components, this they have already mentioned as a fact.

I seem to have been under the assumption that you loose the ITEMS when a crafting fails. I guess it's only the gold you loose... What I meant by 100% success was just that you would never loose the item itself. Gold is fine, i'm all for this feature being an effective gold sink. The reversal of a formula should cost just as much as the original did to craft in the first place.

Benevolent Fatcat

19,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Recite Your Sins
R0CKMAN X
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Update the Aurora Kitten Star formula please!

smile

Lol what?! Don't want to kill all your kitties for Aurora? ;D

Nope!

razz

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
why dont you tell us what we have to do to get each of the componets for an example if you wanted us to play zomg to get it say it an be found in zomg in the lake or it can be found in the dc ect ect also why are none of the items that are needed to make the formulas avaible for any price on the mp there is no listings at all
and why cant they be offered as a cs item for the items that are meant to be earned from other parts of the sites like the items that are ment to be earned from zomg could be sold for like 25 gaia cash or no more than a very little cs so that those who dont want to depend on luck for dc/giftboxes/bg can get the items and not have to worry at all

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Well ever since this came out iv been wondering were to get the new ingediants from and the only info iv had to go on are guesses, so sofar i havent found any neutral Ik alot of people are useing that free starter kit to lvl up but id liek to lvl up the way your intended to by making diffrent things instead of grinding one thing.

Questionable Conversationalist

I still want to know why we have to destroy four kitten stars to get one kitten star. neutral

Unless their drop rates increase, "still being able to get them through CI's" is not enough as it is.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
haligonian
I still want to know why we have to destroy four kitten stars to get one kitten star. neutral

Unless their drop rates increase, "still being able to get them through CI's" is not enough as it is.

Can you imagine how popular RIGs are going to be? Not only will people be questing for the items to wear but also questing for the components to destroy into a new item. I really feel bad for those questing for the items because now they're going to be near unobtainable.

Lady Kayura
haligonian

Can you imagine how popular RIGs are going to be? Not only will people be questing for the items to wear but also questing for the components to destroy into a new item. I really feel bad for those questing for the items because now they're going to be near unobtainable.
That is also what I'm concerned about. emo

Bashful Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Invisibility 100
Why are a lot of these components so bloody expensive?

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
Well, according to what the devs have said so far, I now understand the aurora kitten star.

Apparently......
Somehow.....

Kittens will be re released, to a point where they become common enough to where people will actually be able to make the aurora kitten star.

The Yami Bakura
Well, according to what the devs have said so far, I now understand the aurora kitten star.

Apparently......
Somehow.....

Kittens will be re released, to a point where they become common enough to where people will actually be able to make the aurora kitten star.

wat

rofl

Oh god, if only that were true.

I will not turn down proof of this though.

Eternal Felis catus

18,325 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Andromeda Phoenix
I'm glad that devs have finally decided to respond but not being able to alter the already existing formulas because people have already worked on them? Seriously? Why does that sound like such a cop-out to me? It's these formulas with their ridiculous item amount requirements that are part of the reason why I'm worried about items disappearing in the first place. No one's going to scream at you if you make the item amount requirements a bit more reasonable.

Don't pull that "we can't change it 'cause users were already affected by it," nonsense. Please. Most Gaia Aquarium fish used to be cash only. Now we get some of them for gold, from the daily chance and we can even craft the things. (Let me remind you this is part of how originally users wanted this feature to be when they requested it.) I don't mean to sound like I'm hounding on you guys, and I really appreciate the answers, but I'm so sick of staff making excuses for why they can't do things how they originally should have been done in the first place. Sometimes I feel like things like this are done on purpose. It's very depressing lemme tell you.

I don't think you devs are realizing just how must you'll have to re-release things just to give people a chance at getting an item like a North Kitten Star when people need 10 of the things just to make one Kitten Star. You guys like making extra unnecessary work for yourselves and everyone else or what?

^THIS

Sounds like a cop out to me too--really, how hard can it be to fix them? Trust me, your users will thank you if you fix this. 3nodding

Devs-- I want to be able to use this Alchemy feature. Make it a challenge, sure thing, but not so hard that only a small amount of people can use it past a certain level. That is what is not fair.

Thank you.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
haligonian
The Yami Bakura

Apparently......
Somehow.....

wat

rofl

Oh god, if only that were true.

I will not turn down proof of this though.
User Image

Technically it is true.
There are formula's out for all the kittens already.
And there is always the chance for some of the kittens to be in the rigs again.
So basically, they could just started releasing three kittens in each rig. Same rarity, more chances to get one.
They become higher in supply this way.
I think I now understand what they mean by "we can always just re release items when they get scarce"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff