Welcome to Gaia! ::

This would sadly require resetting everyone's post styles, which I don't want to happen and probably something all of you guys don't want to happen either D: Remember what happened when GaiArch has less users than now and I had to reset the smilies? I don't want to do that again on a larger scale for a feature that is as much if not more used gonk However, I coupld implement a little workaround for people who DO require Unicode: You could add stuff like &u1337 in your post style and it would get replaced by the 1337 (leet~) unicode character (Ẁ). That would be possible indeed and would probably not break any post style (I don't think many people have post styles containing %u<random numbers> in them...) but it would require putting that somewhere in the help, and the post styles' help is already complicated enough x_X On top of that, I believe using the "Skip posting confirmation page" feature sometimes breaks unicode characters (I say sometimes, because I just posted that with skipping on and it worked just fine), so it would lead to more breakage and whining if people used it in conjunction with that other feature.
... And I have a lot of stuff to do before that anyway. xp Enough ranting~
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.
All right, GaiArch has had problems already, but this? xd GaiArch ftw~
Windy, you need to save me. I'm helping someone with the Gaia Online Toolbar( the freecause one) and its for Internet Explorer... 6. D: D: D:
KILL IT WITH FIRE gonk
WindPowa
KILL IT WITH FIRE gonk
I eventually solved it like a real man. The person with the problem never responded back after a while, therefore I didn't have to bother helping anymore. User Image
I'm currently on Firefox 3.0.1 on Kubuntu-KDE4, the total opposite of your guy xd Just wanted to see if GaiArch still worked correctly on Firefox 3 for Linux, and it does, except the double-click features, but I guess that can't be helped.
WindPowa
I'm currently on Firefox 3.0.1 on Kubuntu-KDE4, the total opposite of your guy xd Just wanted to see if GaiArch still worked correctly on Firefox 3 for Linux, and it does, except the double-click features, but I guess that can't be helped.
You could have just asked. emo
I've found the doubleclick functions do work on xcfe though. Odd that it wouldn't work on KDE.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I tried to download it.
But every time I get to the download page, I get nothing but a graphic saying "Click Here to Download".
;.;
T3h Jinji
I tried to download it.
But every time I get to the download page, I get nothing but a graphic saying "Click Here to Download".
;.;
It's a link to the .XPI file. Click and it will download and install into your browser (if you verify the source, as Firefox is wont to prompt)
Kiyoske Dante
T3h Jinji
I tried to download it.
;.;
It's a link to the .XPI file. Click and it will download and install into your browser (if you verify the source, as Firefox is wont to prompt)
Actually it's not (a link to the XPI file) ninja But it makes no difference... Just go to http://gaiarch.gaiatools.com/ and click on the huge graphic that says "Click to download". If nothing happens, go to Tools -> Options -> Security -> "Exceptions" (next to "Warn me when sites try to install an add-on", which you should check by the way) and add gaiarch.gaiatools.com to the list.
WindPowa
Yet Another One: My Three Cents
Workaround: click once, wait a short moment, then double-click. (I use Kubuntu, but w/ KDE 3.5, as I'm waiting for Amarok to be finished before upgrading.)
Got GaiArch?

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
I have a quick reply problem. It works fine when I use it in a thread with a few pages... but when I use it with a thread with a bunch of pages I get an error message about changing the URL or something to that effect. Any tips?
-Runs in circles.-
Why aren't special characters working? I went to save them and the special characters changed into letters or other graphics.
D:
WindPowa
This would sadly require resetting everyone's post styles, which I don't want to happen and probably something all of you guys don't want to happen either D: Remember what happened when GaiArch has less users than now and I had to reset the smilies? I don't want to do that again on a larger scale for a feature that is as much if not more used gonk However, I coupld implement a little workaround for people who DO require Unicode: You could add stuff like &u1337 in your post style and it would get replaced by the 1337 (leet~) unicode character (Ẁ). That would be possible indeed and would probably not break any post style (I don't think many people have post styles containing %u<random numbers> in them...) but it would require putting that somewhere in the help, and the post styles' help is already complicated enough x_X On top of that, I believe using the "Skip posting confirmation page" feature sometimes breaks unicode characters (I say sometimes, because I just posted that with skipping on and it worked just fine), so it would lead to more breakage and whining if people used it in conjunction with that other feature.
... And I have a lot of stuff to do before that anyway. xp Enough ranting~
Shamelessly formatted by httpUser Image/public.tektek.org/img/emotes/unwilling.gif[/img]/www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19015079]GaiArch.

Ah...yeah, I see your point. Yes, I am a tiny bit disappointed, but I understand. Besides, you have lots of things to do, right? Like fixing the gold count and removing the two dead Daily Chance pages. ^^; (I'd been getting two extra bits of Daily Chance for a few days, even though the News & Events and Market sections have been removed. It stopped working today, though.)

Well, keep working hard, Windy. We all appreciate it very much. heart

fly the jolly ranger
-Runs in circles.-
Why aren't special characters working? I went to save them and the special characters changed into letters or other graphics.
D:

I know what you're talking about; if your problem is with posting formats, it's because GaiArch doesn't support Unicode. If you know the Unicode character hex codes of the special characters you want to use, then type those in. Look up at Windy's post, quoted above, for more information.
Ame no Yanagi
[...] Besides, you have lots of things to do, right? Like fixing the gold count
This is done already o.O I fixed that on the first day when I came back gonk All jetlagged and at 1 AM but still >.<
Ame no Yanagi
and removing the two dead Daily Chance pages. ^^;
I won't do that until Gaia removes them xp I've forwarded it to the devs and Jakobo said they'd be removed soon, but until then, you're free to enjoy all 8 daily chances.
Hmm... only 8? What if the real reason why I reported an issue as little as Daily Chance to the devs was something else? Shhh~ ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces