Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gahnik's Waifu

Tipsy Cultist

13,000 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Kirameki ane-chan
mine is screwed up big time, every page i go to gets an error pop up and says it gets an error, i had to turn everything off except the tool bar, including warnings. I use firefox 3.01 on xp sp3

EDIT: when it try's to submit the error it opens the page to post it, then pops up a new error then opens the page again, and so on and so forth
-Fuu.Fuu.Fuu.-
User Image

"I get the same thing but I'm using Flock half the time."

User Image
- Random gifts make Mistresses smile-
NLWSGB - Naughty Schoolgirl Uniform
Kirameki ane-chan
mine is screwed up big time, every page i go to gets an error pop up and says it gets an error, i had to turn everything off except the tool bar, including warnings. I use firefox 3.01 on xp sp3

EDIT: when it try's to submit the error it opens the page to post it, then pops up a new error then opens the page again, and so on and so forth
Windpowa

HEY GUYS I KNOW GAIARCH BROKE (mostly) I can't do anything about it right now, sorry D:
MistressMitsumi
-Fuu.Fuu.Fuu.-
User Image

"I get the same thing but I'm using Flock half the time."

User Image
Windpowa

HEY GUYS I KNOW GAIARCH BROKE (mostly) I can't do anything about it right now, sorry D:

Gahnik's Waifu

Tipsy Cultist

13,000 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
-Fuu.Fuu.Fuu.-
User Image

>>;; "I know you can't do anything at the moment, I was just agreeing... Sheesh."

User Image
MistressMitsumi
-Fuu.Fuu.Fuu.-
User Image

>>;; "I know you can't do anything at the moment, I was just agreeing... Sheesh."

User Image
Sorry n.n; I just think it gets on my nerves (And Kiyo's ones as well it seems) when lots of people report the same thing over and over. Looks like there has been way fewer people this time, maybe cause my huge message was efficient surprised
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.

Gahnik's Waifu

Tipsy Cultist

13,000 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
-Fuu.Fuu.Fuu.-
User Image

"Seems so." >P "Lol."

User Image

Friendly Elocutionist

Hey, when Gaiarch shuts itself down, how does one bring it back?
kittyfox_kumiko
Hey, when Gaiarch shuts itself down, how does one bring it back?
You do the sysadmin dance of "I hope".

But seriously, Windy is working on it, and until he is finished, there is nothing you nor I nor anyone else (few exceptions to the case) can do to "bring it back".

Friendly Elocutionist

Well It just updated, so I got curious.
I know I'm prolly unknown here, but I've been using Gaiarch..xD I feel so lost now that I had to disable it...Is there any parts of it that still work, and if so how can we make it so THOSE parts work and the OTHER'S stay disabled? ninja I'm not completely sure what's broken on the damned thing >.> I just know it's from the layout change.

Edit: Maybe if you post a way to temporarily fix the errors popping up; IE disable only these parts of Gaia-arch, they still work...then maybe you'll get less complains. ninja It'd prolly be super temporary unless you have a fix that's about to be ready but it might help xp ninja I love your toolbar though =) Thanks and keep up the good work.
Lilwolf Wolfenheart
I know I'm prolly unknown here, but I've been using Gaiarch..xD I feel so lost now that I had to disable it...Is there any parts of it that still work, and if so how can we make it so THOSE parts work and the OTHER'S stay disabled? ninja I'm not completely sure what's broken on the damned thing >.> I just know it's from the layout change.
Pretty much the only thing working is the Subscribed Threads scrape (for the dropdown bar), the Daily Chance button (but two need to be removed),Quick Marketplace, Post Timer, URL Shortener (because its a Gaia-independant function), Gaia News and the gold scrape (for the portion right next). Every other aesthetic thing is biting the dust.

Trust me, if something isn't working, it just won't show up available; hence why "Quick Quote", "Quick Edit", "Quick Post", "Auto Format", and most of "Custom Smileys" don't even appear as options. Using the custom BBCODE for custom smileys will just leave the code you used there, as it won't be able to change it.
Quote:

Edit: Maybe if you post a way to temporarily fix the errors popping up; IE disable only these parts of Gaia-arch, they still work...then maybe you'll get less complains. ninja It'd prolly be super temporary unless you have a fix that's about to be ready but it might help xp ninja I love your toolbar though =) Thanks and keep up the good work.
When you get the pop up, it'll ask "do you want future errors to be shown to you in the future?" Clicking "Cancel" will hide them.
Another way to do this is to open the GaiArch preferences, go to the "Help" tab, and uncheck "Show GaiArch Errors (if any)".

Currently, the only real workaround is for the "autoformat". After posting a message, you can use the Right Click menu (in the posting box) and choose "Apply GaiArch Post Style" and choose which one you want to apply.
Actually, all the formatting/quick*/whatever can be restored by simply disabling the sidebar whee
The only thing that has changed is the header, and the only components of GaiArch which check the header are the subscribed threads (which I've made more and more loose over time with all the layout changes, but it still broke. It uses text-based parsing, a little harder but more flexible) and the sidebar (it checks for new announcements/trades/friend requests.quests/mail/whatever notifications. It uses DOM-based parsing, which breaks very easily but is quicker and more reliable (as in, there's no false positives))
{Header}

The update should be available pretty soon 3nodding

{Footer}
Version 2.4.0.0 released.
Changelog:
  • Removed "beta" tag from version.
  • Updated sidebar for new layout.
  • Updated subscribed threads notifications for new layout.
  • Updated Daily Chances list.
  • Updated in-page Gaia Tools navigation menu for new navigation.
  • Upgraded post formatting engine: Blazingly quicker, and post style header now gets on top of the initial quote.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces