Welcome to Gaia! ::

Defensive Healer

31,225 Points
  • Power Converter 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Winter Guardian 250
I wonder if people will be dressing in something other than the orientation-related prides?

Mine is sort of like something for gay pride, but I like to see it as something close to GSW's Unity Day type of thing. You know, proud to be a Spirit Week goer. xD

Claimed for 2006!

Man-Hungry Bear

Magical Waffles

48,100 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Well I had an unexpected hiatus this week. A tree fell on our electric wires Monday night and broke the top of the pole off. It was on top the the hill so it wasn't easy for them to get to to fix. We got power on yesterday evening but our cable, phone, and internet just came on this evening. My dad had his hip replaced yesterday on top of it all. It has been one crazy week!

Spoopy Witch

28,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
So not just Rainbows?

Okay... emo

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mrs_S_Snape
Jayden Kogane
Mrs_S_Snape
Jayden Kogane
I can't come up with anything decent for today so this will have to do for now. I don't have anything decent for Capricorn so I went with Rabbit... just threw random stuff on and it looks like it. Sorry. sweatdrop

I like it. 3nodding
Thanks. I like yours.

You are most welcome. And thank you. ^^
You're welcome smile

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
featherfire520
Jayden Kogane
I can't come up with anything decent for today so this will have to do for now. I don't have anything decent for Capricorn so I went with Rabbit... just threw random stuff on and it looks like it. Sorry. sweatdrop
Jayden yay you're here! I was just thinking last night that I hadn't seen you this spirit week heart

Tada wrote on my profile and asked why I wasn't here a couple of days ago so I've half been here since. I haven't been able to stay around late and do the screen shots and stuff.

Shoujo Bunny

19,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Another day over. I'm going to miss my little crab outfit. 4laugh

Toxic Fairy

16,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
Working on a Pride avi.
Idk if I should just rep rainbows or my orientation(pansexual)

Ruthless Shopper

15,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Consumer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
OK! I think I have the right day now biggrin

Sparkly Consumer

I just worked a drive thru with no system at all.
I hate this place.
Literally had to take orders and calculate by hand. It was awful.
I hate people.
And computers.
Ugh.

Eternal Seraph

30,525 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Somebody upthread said they were going to do Hufflepuff pride. That seemed like a good idea since I don't own a lot of rainbow items, so I'm reppin' for the Slytherins. heart

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Rainbowrific Renia
Chaos_Bunny
That is fantastic!!!! And renews my want for a ferret >.<

After...well, all my life XD I decided/discovered that small animals just aren't for me, so I'm sticking with kitties, even though I would love to put a ferret in the mix XD

What is his name?
His name is Furret, like the Pokemon!

Ferrets are so fun! I'll actually be getting another one soon.

Aww, so you have cats?
Sorry for late reply, i was sleeping, lol! I'm a sicky sad

Hahaha awesome!!!! I remember when I caught my first furret. XD

Ahhhh! Awesome!!!! Will you get it as a baby one?!?

Yup! Two! And I'm allergic XD hahahaha. But I love them, they are my buddies. Kal'El and Pippin.

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
So tomorrow is pride day? I have no clue what to wear for that either. sweatdrop
I know nothing about colours and what they represent...
or what scotus is...

Shoujo Bunny

19,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

Generally rainbow is the color that identifies with
'Merica

COLORS~

Quote:
Closeted gay people historically used bright colors to signal their homosexuality to each other. Oscar Wilde was famous for wearing a trademark green carnation on his lapel, and the flower is thought to have been used by him and other Londoners and Parisians of the late 19th and early 20th centuries to quietly express their orientation. Novelist Robert Hitchens described the phenomenon in 1894’s The Green Carnation, and the book in part spurred Wilde’s trial for sodomy. Yellow was used for the same purpose in Australia. According to the book Sunshine and Rainbows, a study of gay culture in Queensland, “If you wanted to attract the attention of the same sex, displaying a pair of bright yellow socks often did the trick.” During the Holocaust, gay men were forced to wear pink triangles, and that symbol has since been reclaimed by the gay community. Purple also became a popular symbol of gay pride in the 1960s and 1970s, when San Franciscans tried to make a symbol of “the Purple Hand” and gay Bostonians put up posters emblazoned with a purple rhino.

The rainbow, however, wasn’t popularized as an official symbol of the gay community until the 1970s. In 1978, San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker designed what is believed to be the first modern gay pride flag by combining eight stripes, each a different color with its own symbolism: pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, blue for art, indigo for harmony, and violet for the human spirit. When he wanted to manufacture the flag for sale, he found that hot pink wasn’t as available as the other colors, and so the flag dropped to seven colors. Baker later dropped indigo to maintain an even number, and the flag arrived at its contemporary six colors. When San Francisco gay activists marched to protest the 1978 assassination of city supervisor Harvey Milk, they marched with Baker’s flags.

Full story of the reason why the Rainbow Flag became a symbol of gay pride can be read here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff