User Image
тнє ɢєηøмє ρяøϳєcт
[Open/Closed]XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX[Building/Built]
[Accepting/Full]

Role Play II Occ Link II Profiles
тнє Ύєαя ωαs 3120 αɖ

User Image

The world as we knew it has ended. Nature has failed the human world as the fingers of technology spread. Little survived the Catastrophe, the hubrus and selfishness of man pulling all resources until Nature herself collapsed under the burden like a house of cards. Man plunged back into the darkness, most falling to disease, starvation, drought, and fighting that accompanied the barren wasteland that is Earth. Only in the most populated areas did some humans still crawl from the wreckage of our once great civilization.

The future was bleak, the people barely sustained, when out of the darkness, a ray of hope gleamed through the night. Genome Labs, a genetic engineering facility raised up from nothing and revolutionized the world with the introduction of hardier, genetically engineered plants that would grow in the sun bleached soils of Earth. Hailed as heroes, support for this supposed savior grew. Research continued, delving deeper into the world of genetics. The code of ethical science dwindled as the need for better sustaining life grew. People raise their heads as they listen to the newest announcement from Genome Labs, bleated towards them from the loudspeakers overhead.....

Welcome to Genome Labs. We are dedicated to the preservation of the human species through genetic advancements. We will make you smarter, stronger, faster, and easier to sustain. Through our group of carefully selected volunteers, we have created a new breed of human, better equipped to survive the Post-Catastrophic world. We are always accepting new volunteers for the experimental procedure. Remember, Genome cares about you.

The people nod, and believe. Genome cares about us. But echoing through the night, deep into the basements of the lab, in cold steel cages, there are those who know that Genome is lying through their teeth. There were no "volunteers". Plucked off the streets and forcefully injected with serums to make them "smarter, stronger, faster, and easier to sustain." Their clawed hands, hooved feet, slitted eyes remind them all too well that this is the place where science has gone too far, and justice must be taken by force.

ιи α ωσяℓɗ ωнєяє єтнιc αяє мσσт, ℓαω ιs єvєяўтнιиɢ.....

☣Romance is encouraged, but keep it PG-16. No cybering will be tolerated.
                      ☣No Moddding IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This means you cannot randomly Kill someones Carrie
                      ☣No controlling another persons character and no god-moding. Period.
                      ☣Please try to remember there are people waiting on you. Don't disappear for more than two weeks without posting and letting me know you will be missing first so we can unlock other people's characters.
                      ☣We are a literate institution, so please keep your posts well written, well thought out, and relevant to the subject at hand. Any out of character speech needs to be marked as such with double parenthesis, anything larger then a sentence or two should be said in the Occ
                      ☣Send all profiles directly to me for approval first. Once I give you the go ahead, you can post.
                      ☣Please obey the laws and terms of service. I do not want to lose my rp due to illegal shenanigans.
                      ☣The forums are to be done in third person, past tense. Example:

First person, Present tense: I walk to the store.
                      First person, Past tense: I walked to the store.
                      Second person, Present tense You walk to the store.
                      Second person, Past tense: You walked to the store.
                      Third person, Present Tense: Jane walks to the store.

Third person, Past tense: Jane walked to the store.

☣Because we are literate people, please make sure that your posts are at least one paragraph long (5-8 sentences.) It moves the story along faster.
                      ☣Follow Gaia's TOS, please.
                      ☣ Follow my rules they are simple and to the point I don't want to have to make new ones.

тнє ρℓαўєяs

Without players there is no play. This is the thread that will contain the profiles of every experiment, scientist and outlander in Paramount City. It is important to remember that a good character has an in-depth background, personality, and a player devoted to them.

Profile Skeleton

For Experiments

[b]Username:[/b]
                [b]Experiment Number: [/b](Must be proceeded by GPM-- ( you make this up)
                [b]Name:[/b]
                [b]Age:[/b]
                [b]Gender:[/b]
                [b]Serum: [/b](Genus and Species, followed by common name in parenthesies.)
                [b]Appearance:[/b]
                [b]Specialties:[/b] (Result of serum, both apparent and non.)
                [b]Background:[/b]

For Scientists:

[b]Scientific Specialty:[/b]

For Outlanders:

[b]Mutation: [/b] ( any is had)(Optional)
                [b]Weapons:[/b]

Be sure you PM your profile to me for inspection. If it is approved, I will inform you, then post it here for all to see. Thank you for your cooperation.
тнє ғιɢнтs
User Image
                                      Its started with a rumor.....That the People in charge were going put the experiments against each other. to earn a bit of cash.As a type of side venture. But then someone came up with a brilliant idea. A reason of "Science" as they so called it. To see if the rules of nature. Applied to the Monsters they created. That was all the reason they needed. The next day preparations began. To assure the investments these monsters were would not be lost and that the utmost profit could be gained.

Both in the name of Science and Wealth

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rules of the fights -
                                      IN NO WAY DO THESE RULES APPLY IN MAIN RULES
                                      they are ONLY to explain and make fights fair between Experiments.

☣Do not under any circumstances AUTO HIT OR GOD MOD. You must have permission to cause any fatal ingury or kill any character! NO MODDING WILL BE TOLERATED.

☣Fights are NOT to the death they are used to test if the natural cycle of life applies to the Experiments.

☣ Each Experiment must wear a collar that releases electric volts if experiments become to aggressive.

☣Experiments may initiate "official fights" between themselves and other rpers. BUT you must ask the other rper if they want to do the fight against you character. Fights may not go on forever -_- there has to be a loser suck it up one of you submit if it goes on to long i will step in

sυммαяў

Our history says this has happened so far....

(( WILL BE FILLED IN AS THE STORY GOES :3))

sєттιиɢs

тнє ɢєηøмє cøɖєs

There will be Seven Codes Total. Each code is engraved on a metal band. Those band on the inside hold a coding that once placed on a reader will activate a series of Programs.

Attaining the rings are only the first step of the process.

To unlock the system for the Collars of the Experiments you must solve the riddle given on each of the metal rings that come in a variation of different sizes ranging from rings to bracelet to even a collar its self. If you solve the riddle Pm me!!!! and tell me and i will list you as the first to solve the riddle and you will be given a prize for your grand feet!!!

Please note these riddles will range form hard to easy. Also be honest and not a total a** and goggle the answers or something if your really that desperate. that makes things lame as hell -_-

ANYWAY!!! good luck!!!
                        List of the Riddles!!!

Riddle number One → What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
                                → Kogees_cub submitted right answer May 2,2011

Signatures

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][img]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/2gt0x92.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][IMG]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/epkx05.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][img]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/2m67qxk.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][img]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/2i9pbw7.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][img]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/5ehif7.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
                [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/c-sc-o-a/t.68809965/][img]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/kitya_ino/Genome/2146syo.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't pray so easy. God doesn't Come for the inhuman or the weak. Only we can gain our Freedom. Only we can declare War. No Mercy to our Captors. Let them Suffer as we have

User Image
                                                    𝕬𝖇𝖇𝖞 𝕺'𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖗xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
                                                    xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xxx x"The Burmese Python "

" Abby....Come to Mommy." the cream skinned red haired child looked to her mother her head titled she watched as her mother held her arms out to her. Slowly she walked into the open arms then buried her face in her mother’s chest. “Mommy loves you Abby. Remember that kay?” she whispered as she held her. The little girl nodded a slight fear growing as her mother spoke so strangely. Suddenly a warm luquid fell onto Abby’s head. A hole sat in the middle of her mother’s forehead letting the blood run. Abby stared at her mother not noticing the knife in her mother’s hand. A knife she had meant to use to kill her daughter. Abby shook her mother lightly watching as she fell over to her side. As Abby bent over to her big men came over. One scopped the blood covered little girl into his arms. As Abby stuggled the man held tighter “Calm down.” He told her “ Everything is going to be alright Abby.” " Lemme go!" She cried and looked towards mommy. " I wants my Mommy!" She cried over and over. But the words fell to deaf ears even as they strapped her to the lab table.

Abby woke up with a start. Her golden eyes focusing as they looked around. Slowly she sat up rubbing her head then crawled to the window of her cage. Unlike the others she was not allowed the freedom the bars gave. The guards had learned not to trust her with such a privilege. Instead she was placed int a glass cage. The cage having small holes around it to allow air and food to pass. She pressed her hand to the glass. Looking to the screen that listed all the information about her. She titled her head as she stared at the letters. She didn’t know how to read. The people here saw her as a experiment. They was not necessary reason for her to know how to. As she kept her hand pressed against the glass she bent till her back pressed against the floor once more. She sighed and lay there silently listening to the conversations till the noise was heard. A sound. Someone was coming.Abby sat in seconds her back appeared boneless as she snapped up. Her eyes glowing as they stared looking around for the source of the sound. Her eyes spotted a man walk down the hall. Her tongue flicked out as she watched the others. Her hands on the glass, her hair moving slightly twisting and curling at the sounds she was hearing.

" Evening Doctor Cole" she hissed as her body curved looking at him tilting her head. " It's morning Abby." " Its it now? Couldn't tell." she commented to him watching as he looked over the charts of an experiment every so often. " Why are you roaming around here doctor?" He paused and looked at he reptilian woman." You know why Abby. Show me your leg please?" he asked with a sigh. She shook her head slightly. " Rather not." she commented. Desmond rubbed his face for a moment. " Come on Abby. I just want to make sure its heals correctly." " Fine." she mumbled and twisted her leg over so he could see the place where the scales were healing over the damaged ones. " How does it feel." " It hurts. That's a stupid question." He put her chart back slowly and pressed a button to give her cage a little more light. " You could let me out to stretch it." " You know i cant do that Abby." " Cant? Or wont?" she tested meeting his eyes her hair twisting though the hole of the cage slowly reaching for him. Growling when he stepped out of reach." Cant..." the doctor walked away without a word leaving Abby to watch him. " I would love to just bite him." she mumbled licking her lips for a moment with her forked tongue. To see him squirm as the poison from her bite burned him from the inside out. She sighed and moved her body to lay down once more bathing in the lamp light." So boring...." She mumbled to herself.

xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

User Image

Quotable Smoker

7,250 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • First step to fame 200
    • Hygienic 200
    User Image

Avon Ge’Hel

From Doctor for the Poor to Murderer of the Unwilling all in one night.

~XXXXX“The last formula caused seizures,” a rough, rarely-used voice muttered as the sound of sloshing liquid echoed down the dark hall. The squeak of a marker writing quickly on a whiteboard soon followed. “And the one before caused blindness and tremors.” There was a pause as the sound of a lighter being flicked on emanated from the small lab/room/prison of the ‘great’ doctor Avon Ge’Hel.
    XXXXXThe 32-year-old Doctor; who held degrees in Psychology, Chemistry, and Biology as well; had a tendency to talk to himself. And tendency was being kind. “And let’s not forget the great failure before which caused people to develop schizophrenia and narcolepsy, I’m still not sure how that happened.” he ran a hand through his shaggy blond hair, rolling his cigarette from one side of his mouth to the other. He had been hired 5 years previous to create a new, better working serum, and had still not managed to work out the kinks.
    XXXXXHe removed his cigarette and blew smoke up at his dingy ceiling light. He had been forced to live in his little lab, so as not to run the risk of him escaping and destroying his work. Because, Doctor Avon Ge’Hel had never wanted, and still didn’t want, to work for Genome Labs. He flicked some ash onto the floor, not caring if the place got messy.

I never asked for this. I can promise you I never asked for this. I just wanted my dear Evangeline. My dear, dear Evangeline.

Action: Working
    Mood: Poor
    Thought: 'My job Sucks'

Aekea Tycoon

10,600 Points
    • Conventioneer 300
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Medalist 100
    Ko
    Ko
    Ro
    User Image
    It was a simple objective: get food or get money for food. But Kokoro, the metal-skin outlander, took a much more trickier way of acquiring both. Nature wasn’t completely helpless. Evolution ensured the animal kingdom would carry on through the harsh changes somehow, and they did. Nature survived. In a feral, hostile, fang-barring way. Survival of the fittest was an understatement now. Survival of the powerful was more fitting. Outside the grandiose walls of the city lay barren wasteland, like a savannah after years of drought. Cracked brown earth spread out as far as the eye could see, occasionally interrupted by rocks or dry, useless weeds. Water was the most valuable thing out here. One puddle of water could have had as many as ten different species of animals fighting over it at one time. Animals adapted into larger bodies, tougher muscle structure, huge plates of bone armor to survive now. What did this have to do with Kokoro? One word: hunting. Once just a measly way of surviving, now one of the most dangerous and highly paid jobs….when successful. It could take an army to take down a massive hyper-boned wildebeast out here. Kokoro was going to do it alone.

Originally, she had absolutely no intention of hunting these large, bone-scale armored beasts. One weighed several tons and their armor was thick and hard to pierce with only one weapon. And out in the wasteland, you had no cover. You had your legs and that was it. But as Kokoro set atop a large rock to scout, putting up a computerized scope onto her rifle and scanning the wasteland for small targets, feral jackrabbits or dome beetles, she found the most perfect opportunity ever. One lone wildebeast. Not only that, but this one had one very specific trait about it: It was miss one armored scale in a very key area, above its heart. Kokoro was spending a half hour lining up this shot as the wildebeast chewed a tough piece of weed grass. If she could land this one shot perfectly, she had a chance to bring this creature down in one shot or weaken it so badly she could outrun it. If she could kill it and cut it apart, she would have bones to sell, plates to make armor, special fiber hairs perfect for fire starters, and of course tons of meat. But first, she had to make the perfect shot. She took a deep breath and, on the exhale, pulled the trigger. The rifle blasted out a single bullet that found its target: the bare skin patch of the wildebeast. After blasting in, the bullet exploded, causing further damage. Kokoro suddenly broke into a run, hopping off the stone and running. The wildebeast hadn’t fallen. And now it was charging at her as fast as it could. Kokoro did everything she could remember: throwing her equipment to the side, running with her arms, not looking back, and only running in a straight line. Even if the wildebeast was gaining, turning would do no good against it, Kokoro was banking on the movement making the wound bleed faster. Kokoro panted as she ran, she wasn’t sure if the wildebeast was catching up or not, the sounds out in the wasteland were too deceiving. But she did look back as she heard a loud >THUMP< behind her. She turned back and the wildebeast had fallen. Kokoro stopped and began walking back to it. Its body still moved, of course it was alive, it had just fallen down. Kokoro went back some distance and retrieved her rifle then returned to the wildebeasts and began shooting it repeatedly in its weak spot until it stopped moving. Kill accomplished, now Kokoro just had to take out everything she needed. Kokoro started walking back to the large rock she had been at. She had stashed her skinning equipment there. This was a long, tedious process of walking and doing, but out in the wild, it was either be safe or be dead.

6,800 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Invisibility 100
    • First step to fame 200
    "Sometimes it's better to be prey...
    Mel

Mel slowly woke from her stupor in an unfamiliar room --could it be called a room? More like a cell, she realized as she rolled to her knees. She trembled, silent, as she stared around her in fear. Where was she? What was going on? And why exactly could she hear the breath of others so clearly?
    She slowly reached up and touched her ears, a shocked gasp ripping from her throat as she felt hair, no, fur there instead. She had already noticed her tail, fingers, and toes, but the ears were a new development. She shivered spasmadically again, glancing around in the gloom, glad for the convenience of her new eyes. Who else was here?
    As she stared around the rows of cells around her, she thought back to her time with the scientists, and wondered if they were still nearby. After she had been injected with the syrum, her new abilities had begun to develope very quickly, but her physical appearance hadn't changed for almost two weeks. Then, when she woke one morning, a small, hairless stub had been protruding from the base of her spine. It had only taken a few more days for it to grow several feet long and produce a thick coat of striped fur. She shivered, thinking of the painful ache of her bones as they had lengthened and grown more flexible. Then she thought of the disappointed looks of the scientists, and beneath that disappointment lie frustration and even fury.
    But apparently her ears had grown in sometime in the night and that had just been one mutation too far. So now she had been kicked out of the program, and was locked somewhere she had never been...and she wished she still wasn't. As awful as the white room she had been kept in before was, as long as she was quiet and obidient, she had always known no harm would come to her. But now she was here, where the people were different, the treatment was sure to be different, and there was no doubt in her mind that the rules would be different.

Than predator.

6,800 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Invisibility 100
    • First step to fame 200
    Life is easy
    Nikky

Nikky Dunham stepped into the basement for what seemed like the first time. Of course, it wasn't, but it was her first time here by herself. She looked proudly down at her case files, her very own case files, then strolled confidently down the row of cages. She smiled and nodded to other doctors as she passes them, continuing as she searched for the number on the cages that matched the one in her file. As she did, she thought proudly of graduating college with a medical degree at the age of 21, getting hired onto the Genome project almost immediately after, and now, after about 18 months, finally getting her own cases, her own duties, her own experiments to study. She shook the thoughts out of her head with a smile before turning back to concentrate on her work. So soon after becoming a full employee, she was not going to mess anything up.

When you've been given the instructions.

Romantic Shapeshifter

5,100 Points
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Team Jacob 100
    GRIM

Grim sat in the middle of his cell. The entire cell was made of polycarbonate plastic that was so thick it could stop a tank round. The entire area outside the cell was open for a 40 foot diameter and had several automatic miniguns pointed at the only entrance, where most of the thickness of the wall could split halfway to allow a scientist in.
    The harsh lgiht blue light was never turned off but was just soft enough to allow sleep. After breaking out of damn near any cell he had been put into they finally made this one especially for him. He glanced at the fly that had found a way in somehow and followed its patterns in the air as it searched for a way out.
    "Come on my little friend, find a way out for me."

It's not kind to fool Mother Nature

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas