Welcome to Gaia! ::

May The Adventure Begin!User Image

In this harsh world of uncertain outcomes, I stand out as the one who makes his own out comes. I don't let what happens in the past affect me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Jackson Oneil's status update*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Captain jackson once again finds himself in the middle of a bounty hunt. THis time he has landed the one he had been waiting for, the one that others had failed to capture. The Silent Racoon. Onbaord the Black Phoenix, his ship, Jackson plots his moves against the Racoon and its crew.

User Image
Jackson gaze pratically bored a hole through the hull of the ship. His gaze fixaited on one single object. It was the object that he had ached and waited for a chance to obtain. This object was no magical lamp with a wise-cracking genie inside. Nor was it a mask that granted the wear the powers of a trixter god. The object his gaze was locked on was something greater by comparison, yet something that seemed so simple. The Sielnt Racoon. Jackson found the ships design an intersting one. It was sleek yet held an overall deadly apperance. The ship seemed to just disapear into the blackness of space, yet your eyes were always drawn by it presence. Jackson found that this one ship, and just the ship alone, held more majesty than any galaxy or star cluster he had ever seen. And here he was, about to board and confront its captain.

Jackson adverted his gaze and tunred his attention to his crew as they prepared for the battle that was due to happen. From his postion in the center of the room, he watched everything as his plan was slowly being set into motion. His head navigator had oh-so carefully postioned their craft beside a quasar, one that was putting out enough energy pulses to disguise the ships energy signature, making appear as if there was nothing there, just an empty spot. He had the gunner go and take their respective turrent, ready to disable the ship if need be. Jackson unfolded his legs and stood, gripped in his hands, what appeared to be nothing more than a simple katana. One of his crew members, the co-navigator, walked over to his captain. "SIr, the Silent Racoon is in a postion to be board sir. THough we still run the risk of them catching sight of your pod as we send you out. There is a high risk you could be blown to bits"
Jackson chuckled a bit and walked down the ramp infornt of his seat. ["You are so colorful with you imagery aren't you. And yes i noticed that, no matter what angle we send out our pod or even our tracking ship, The Racoons sensors would still pick us up. That is why I am going in something smaller than our tracker"

Jackson dismissed the navigator and exited the bridge. He walked along the corridoors, his mind was already planning out various senarios that could happen. His plan was highly risky to say the least. He had attempted a jump from ship to ship beofre, but not in the presence of a quasar. THis had some risk to it, it could throw off his telematry, sending him spinning off into space. Yet, no matter how many times he ran the plan, he found that there was no way aorund it. Jackson was goign to have to leap across the void of space and into a vent on the side of the Racoon. His engenier had asured him that the vent vented carbon dioxide from the ship every five hours. It would be in that opening he would be able to slip into the vent, and follow it into the ship and find its captain. Of course this presented many diffrent chanlages. They had no knowledge of the ships insides. He could end up in a trash compactor for all he knew . Jackson stopped by his quaters and went inside, grabbing something and attaching it to his sword hilt. HE always brought it with him before going into any situation. It was soemthing he treasured.

The time came for the leap and Jacksonw as beyond a bundel of nerves. He was mentally going over everything in his head in a frantic voice. Alright so, slip into the vent, wait for it to presureies after the vent closes. make my way down said ventalation shaft and out onto the ships interior. From there...don't die. Wow i make it sound so simpleHis mechanic gave his captian a quizzical look, which earned him a thumbs up and a wide smile. THe mechanic shook his head and gave a weak chuckle as he set the modifyed airlock for the proper trajectory. Jackson steeled himself as he waited for the sudden yank that would send him hurtling towards the vent. "I hate that fe..AHHHHHH" Was all that he could get out before the airlock was thrown open and he was sent out into space. He could think as the freigthing speed he was flying at messed with his though pattern. In what seemed like eons, his body suddenly went through the vent and bumpped against the cold metal siding. The vent closed and his body hit the bottom of the vent as the airlock set. He peeled off his helment and space suit as best he could in the crampped sapce. He shook out his hair. "Peice of cake"He muttered as he crawled through the vent
User Image

Don't think my past causes me to be a bitter soul, I accept what happens and I do not let it bother me.
In these hands I hold my future
No master's whip to claim me
Under command of my own ship
I'll proceed to change things...

User Image
Perfect Insanity

» Åίηίόη ℓσcίεη vαℓ∂ågℓαяίση«

"ηίgħtmαяε "

»cαρtαιη

pίяαtε «

Summary: Ainion wakes up and makes his way to the cockpit
Attire: Captain's Ware
OCC: Wonderful post! Unique way to board a ship, however I do suggest that you use spell check or possibly even download google chrome because I notice you have a lot of misspellings and typos which is understandable. I believe it'd make your writing even more fluent. Also perhaps reduce the size between 9-11. It makes the post more appeasing to the eyes o.o

xxxxxxxAinion lay sprawled on his bed, unconscious and unaware of what went on around him. Nothing but black. It was one of those dreamless days for him. Then if that wasn't bad enough Ainion found himself in limbo for the next thirty minutes of his life, only vaguely aware of what went on. He could faintly hear the people walk past his room, as well as the ever so slight hum that the ship gave off. Ainion must've been waking up more than he thought because that hum was so faint he could barely hear it awake. Finally with a stretch and a groan he succumbed to the real world once again, rising to slap the button on his wall. Across the room his window opened up to allow view of outer space and with his luck a quasar nearby. Although he was still shaking the sleep from his eyes as he leaned against the headboard he still marveled in it's beauty. Scratching an itch annoyingly placed on his chest, he threw the covers off himself and exposed his body to the cold. Giving a noticeable shudder he yawned rather loudly, looking around his room. It was fairly plain given it was the captain's quarters but he couldn't complain. After all he did have the largest room on the ship and was given the best view of his seemingly endless astral sea.
xxxxxxxFinished with his drifting of thoughts and amazement he let his bare feet touch the cold metal ground, shivering timidly as it woke him. With both of his hands he rubbed his face and then proceeded to run them through his blonde hair. Accordingly the male proceeded to the bathroom, washing himself before making his way to the closet. Snatching up his notorious pirate's outfit he examined the design with admiration. Ainion wasn't just any pirate though, he was "Silent Raccoon's" captain which held much prestigious among thieves and pirates. It was the very mask that he snatched from it's guarded casing that struck fear and respect among the galaxy. Of course there'd been legends going on that the captain was an immortal but this was beyond true. Laughing at the thought he fitted the mask snuggly against his face, putting on the clothes afterwards. Looking himself over in the closet's mirror he was interrupted by a knocking on his door. Frowning underneath the mask he hoped that whoever was behind it had good reason to interrupt him in his private quarters. In fact it was a rule on the ship and was well known someone better had been on the verge of dying. Ainion prided himself on his private time. Sighing lightly he snatched his blade, bow and basket full of quivers from off the bed fastening them all together before answering the door.
xxxxxxxAlthough Ainion wore his mask everyone on the ship knew his true identity. Even then they were still required to address him as "Captain Nightmare" in order to avoid any confusion when in the presence of those he wished to keep his identity a secret. Only a select few could call him by his true name and the one at the door wasn't one of them. It was one of the female navigators from the cockpit who looked extremely flustered. The Sethyst was incredibly nervous and with reason. He could only assume since she was a rather newer navigator that the others had pushed her into the fire to knock on his door. Strange creatures they were really.
xxxxxxx"Captain, there's been a disturbance in the hull, cameras have picked up a small pod lodged in one of our vents. What is your course of action?" she almost said in one breath, Ainion almost unable to comprehend what she spoke of. Understanding the severity of the situation he quirked an eyebrow and smile underneath the mask. 'They used something so small that it was impossible to detect drifting and placed themselves tactfully in our ventilation system. Genius as it is, I'm sure they didn't account that on my ship there are cameras practically everywhere excluding the private quarters. Interesting...' he pondered resting a finger on his mask, not a lick of his expression viewable by the poor navigator. Breaking from his silence he waved her away with the simplest of a command.
xxxxxxx"Let the vents run naturally but have the crew placed on their guard and ready to fight"he commanded effortlessly walking past. His mind was elsewhere though as he rested his hand casually on the hilt of his blade, which he so commonly did. His feet fell lightly on the metal, only a light tap registering with each footfall. The Sethyst trailed behind him until they reached a split on his ship. He went down the corridor that lead to the navigators in the cockpit while the Sethyst went down the opposite way so she could warn the crew personally. If they used the intercom it would alert the intruder to their knowledge of his existence which would make him much more cautious. 'I'm curious as to who would have the audacity and cleverness to board my ship without my permission' he pondered, his face running through ideas upon what he'd do once the intruder was caught. Walking past other members of his crew he nodded to each aware that they could no see his face from under the mask. The only thing that hinted to who he was, was the blonde hair that overlapped the mask.
xxxxxxxEver so quietly he reached the cockpit that looked out to space and took his seat in the captain's throne. From there he overlooked the navigators and helmsman that ran his ship. Tapping the arm chair a series of holographic screens popped up, as well as an A.I named Terra. Warmly she greeted him with her self personalized voice, a digital face appearing next to the holographic screens. Terra had been with "Silent Raccoon" almost as long as it existed. It's previous captain had the A.I installed after saving it from deletion. Just like the rest of the people on this ship she was a part of the crew. They even gave her a skeleton that she could possess when willing as well in order to free her limits.
xxxxxxx"Terra, bring up cameras for our carbon dioxide vents" he commanded with a sweet smile underneath his mask. She had been like a sister figure almost in an odd way. Sweetly the A.I nodded before a new series of images appeared. Several were nothing but the inside of vents but he didn't give up as he used his eyes to scan about. Then in camera seven he caught sight of the pod that remained stationary on the outside of the vent. It was waiting for them to release the carbon dioxide from the ship. With the light touch of his finger he tapped the screen enlarging it so he could possibly sort out which ship it sailed under. Unfortunately there was no hints to where it came from and so he sighed, resting his head lazily in his hands.
xxxxxxx"Terra, I want this anomaly to be tracked with visuals and sensors, lock all openings to the more valuable parts of the ships" he ordered while finding himself snug in the captain's chair. This intruder wouldn't be taken immediately but watched until he ran his course. It was Ainion's curiosity that allowed him to wander but naturally he wouldn't let this unknown passenger free roam to the more delicate parts of the ship. Never before on the ship he wouldn't notice that certain rooms were locked down for his appearance and instead could assume it was always like that. Ainion could've had a stasis chamber put around him until men could bring him up but that'd hold no results. Instead he could observe him and deduct his intentions on his ship. Ainion had to give the man his patience, and with a beep he was told that the ship was opening its vents to let free the carbon dioxide. Grinning with interest he was oh so curious on how this being would proceed. They did well to remain hidden considering this was a hi tech ship, and essentially with Terra Ainion was the ship. They had everything from hidden cameras to stasis fields that could be activated in any part of the ship with other little things as well. Somethings on the ship still lay dormant until necessary and brought to his attention by Terra. It was actually why she preferred to be integrated with the ship instead of being in her robot body. She was just as fascinated with the ship as Ainion was.
Won't let them slip, can't let them fall
I'll be a prince among gods and show them all
In this world of uncertain outcomes, I stand out as the one who makes his own out comes

I have a purpose
And it is to make me own fate

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Jackson Oneil Status~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Jackson finds himself in the middle of the Silent Raccoon, one of the universes most notorious pirate ships. His target, the ship’s captain only knows as Captain Nightmare.

User Image
Jackson slipped out of the vent and landed almost soundlessly on the ground. He would have whistled if it wouldn't have given away his position. The inside of the Raccoon was just as impressive as the outside. He shook his head, right now was not the time to admire the ships interior. Jackson bent down and slipped of his shoes and slid them into the vent with the rest of his suit. He found it to be highly respectable to take off his shoes when on another vessel, even one that he had boarded without a proper invitation. Jackson did a quick pat down, his katana was strapped to his waist, as was the pistol. With open eyes he walked down the corridors, his shoe-less feet barely making a sound on the metal floors.

Jacksons mind began to wonder on whether or not he had already been detected by any hidden cameras. If this pirate captain was as smart and cunning as the stories had made him out to be, then Captain Nightmare would have placed at least a few hidden cameras at certain spots along the ship. If it was his ship, he would have placed cameras near any opening that led outside into the void of space. Like the vents. If he was right, Jackson knew that he had already been found out, which could only mean that the Captain would be searching for ship right now. He smirked a bit, he knew that he had hid the ship well, but there was still a small flaw with it. Jackson knew that his ship might be masked by the energy of the quasar, but that also meant it would be locking the waves of energy from where it sat. Hopefully this captain wouldn't notice it till it was to late. Right now, however, Jackson needed to focus on finding the cockpit, which was where he lacked the advantage.

Unlike the captain and all of his crew members, Jackson lacked the layout of the ship, he didn't know how to navigate its long corridors, or which doors led to where. That was the one downside to his plan, luckily for him he had planned for this ahead of time. He knew that outside of the ship pretty well, hell he had obsessed over its design since he took the bounty, so he knew where every window was, and every vent. It was a simple matter of figuring out where exactly the cockpits window was from the outside, and marking the location on a holo-map. Sure he would still have to find his way around the halls, but he would at least have a decent fix on where to go, so he wasn't entirely blind. He toyed with the small trinket on the hilt of his sword, hopping that he it would grant him a tad bit of luck. He knew that he would just might need it

User Image
Don't underestimate me or think my past holds me back

User Image
Perfect Insanity

"ηίgħtmαяε "

»cαρtαιη

pίяαtε «

Summary: Ainion watches interested as the intruder makes his way through the ship
OCC:

xxxxxxxAinion watched in intrigue as Jackson took off his shoes in the vents. 'A courteous intruder?' he pondered aware of the effects it'd have on his footsteps as well. It was charming to say the least and he had to give it up to him as he watched the human male pull out a holographic map. This was no mere intruder but one who had planned this for a while. Ainion was amused to say the least, shushing Terra as she contemplated locking down the corridor. This wasn't necessary. From the looks of his map he was headed for the cockpit where he'd eventually run into the Captain himself. Of course only logically this could have been his plan. Fairly relaxed everyone continued to work as if nothing was wrong and there was no intruder. His crew respected and trusted him enough for this which was quite the honor in itself. While Ainion watched the intruder his Sethyst navigator had returned with a report, bowing to the captain before speaking exasperated by her journey around the massive ship.
xxxxxxx"Captain Nightmare, the crew is on alert and equipped with their weapons."
Ainion nodded, before patting her shoulder gingerly. Smiling underneath the mask he rubbed her reassuringly, keeping one eye on the screen at all times.
xxxxxxx"Good work, now I want the ship he came from found!" he announced the last part to not only the Sethyst but all the navigators. Ainion knew that a pod couldn't be sent out without a ship to call home and it had to be nearby. He gave props to this man, running through a list of places it could hide. Not many ships could hide themselves so covertly from the Silent Raccoon's scanners. Once again Ainion was working with someone who had much experience. Quirking an eyebrow under the mask he thought of the quasar that shined so brightly out of his quarter window. With such heat radiating from the thing it could easily be used to hide a ships heat signals. Sighing he mouthed no word of his suspicions but left it to the professionals in order to seek out the ship. Instead he returned his attention and thoughts to the main who came closer and closer to the cockpit. As a matter of fact he felt as if the frame and face was somewhat familiar, almost like a lucid dream. Shrugging he crossed his legs comfortably over one another rasping his digits against the armrest.
xxxxxxxx"Terra, make sure when our visitor reaches this room that the door is closed behind him" he chanted in a melodious tone. This was main in part to his heritage as an Efola. Ainion was getting a bit impatient at his pace. Although they had been sitting here for a stop he did have somewhere where he'd rather be. The fact he had to wait on this disturbance to show itself was beginning to take up oh so valuable time. This intruder was the center of his focus for now and until everything was taken care of he wouldn't be able to leave. 'Then again' he began thinking of going ahead to have the ship use it's FTL drive while this intruder was aboard. It'd take him from the safety of his ship where there'd be no reinforcements on his part but then again it would give that damned ship reason to pursue them even more. Finally Ainion decided that it'd be best to dispose of this intruder now than later. If he let him stay on the ship after they used the FTL he'd know their new destination immediately and be able to contact his ship. If he instead got rid of him and then used it despite the heat radiation they'd never be able to trace him. Unlike other ships his FTL drive was a new concept. It in essence created a wormhole through space that only allowed enough room for the tiny ship to pass through before closing. Sighing he eyed the cameras as surely enough the man got closer and closer.
In this world of uncertain outcomes, I stand out as the one who makes his own out comes

I have a purpose

Amongst the hallways and corridors of the Raccoon, Jackson nears his target abet a bit slower than he would have hope to move. His minds runs different scenarios that may or may not play out when he arrives in the cockpit, but whatever it may be he is ready.

User Image
Jackson sighed as he looked at the map once again. While he trusted that the directions it was giving him were correct, he was a tad bit bothered by something. He had no idea what it was exactly but it made his skin prickle a bit. Maybe it was just the fact that this ship was more or less a maze of complex and confusing halls, or the fact that he was neck deep in enemy territory. Though using the word enemy was a bit to harsh in his opinion, whoever this Captain Nightmare was he had to be incredibly patient. He had yet to see any opposing forces to hinder or stop his way towards the cockpit. More than likely he was walking into a small trap. Or maybe the captain didn't check his cameras. Jackson laughed at that, no self-respecting captain would ever leave his ship unchecked, which could only mean that it was the former that was more plausible.

A few minutes, and dozens of halls later, Jackson finally reached his destination. Well almost, according to the map he was a mere fifteen yards from his mark. Was it second thoughts that had lead to him pausing just a few yards from his goal? No, it was how exactly to enter into the cockpit. It was already bad enough that he had came onto the ship unannounced, and logged a pod into their vent systems, but now here he was about to barge in on the captain. In front of his crew no-less. Jackson chuckled a bit, more often than not, his bounty targets question his attitude towards them. They all were surprised by how he handled things and composed himself, even in a fight, he did his best not to damage their respective ships, and always waited until the crew was out of harms way. After everything was said and done, and he had collected his targets, he would put them in the guest rooms of the ship, locked of course, but they were feed and kept in good condition, he even made sure that their ships were taken care of before they were taken away. He had no respect for slavers.

Jackson once again cleared his head decided on the best way to enter into the cockpit. He stood and walked over towards the door and knocked. "I request an audience with Captain Nightmare" He stated before walking inside the cockpit. He once again had to hold back a whistle. This time out respect, the cockpit was a maverolus sight to behold, this Captain Nightmare took good care of his ship. Speaking of the captain, he spotted him, sitting cross-legged on his chair, mask on his face, just like the tales said. Jackson bowed before looking at the captain. "First allow me to apologize for infiltrating your ship. Unfortunately my job requires such things. My job is also the reason I am here, I am requesting that you and your crew come with me as i take you in to claim the bounty on you" He eyed the crew and then the captain, his fingers brushed the small trinket he had attached to its hilt. "I understand that you may not come peacefully and I am more than willing to take you by force. Though if it does come to that, may i request that your crew not be present, I would rather not harm anyone. Not even yourself Captain Nightmare" His curtsey's often had a nice little bonus to it, most Captain would underestimate him in combat, though he could tell that this captain would be different.

User Image
Because i wil; always surprise you in the end

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now that the time has come
Soon gone is the day

Aranel Aragarthiel

Location/status: Passenger on a cargo ship headed toward Gaia
Summary: Aranel says goodbye to a friend at the institution where she has been staying and receiving treatment. She now heads on a cargo ship towards Gaia in hopes that her medical problems will be solved there.
Attire: Travel clothes

"Zh-J-Jo-uhn. Ah-ay'll m-me - no. Ay'll b-be f-f-fine. T-t-tayk c-car. Wr-wr-" Giving up on speech, Aranel immitated the motion of writing. Her speech had improved significantly with therapy, but it was still incredibly difficult to understand her. She was sitting beside a 12-year-old girl with cerebral palsy and attempting to say "Joan, I'll be fine. Take care. Write to me." The words, however, did not come out quite the way she had intended.

The two of them were an odd coupling but both of them, frustrated by similar speech impediments, had bonded. Admittedly, Joanne was more patient - she had been in and out of hospitals and care centers her whole life and seemed to be quite used to everything about her condition. Aranel, on the other hand, grew more and more frustrated by the week. Her inability to communicate was a painful reminder of what had happened to her home planet and an angering impediment to her telling others what had happened. This, and her lapses of memory, which made it even more difficult to fully explain what had happened.

It wasn't long until a nurse shuffled over to Aranel and put a hand on the patient's shoulder. "It's time to go, dearie," the nurse said in a sickeningly sweet voice. Aranel tried to hide her distaste at being talked to like a child and followed the nurse. She turned to wave goodbye to Joan, only to hear the nurse's nagging voice. "Come on, honey."

Making a face, Aranel turned away from her friend and allowed the nurse to lead the way onto a small cargo ship. She was being sent to Gaia, where she would be treated by some of her own kind - Efola. The ship's engine hummed as Aranel slid into a stiff passenger seat. The nurse waved the patient's hand away as the latter attempted to buckle herself in. The nurse seemed to think that Aranel could not handle the buckle herself and clicked the metal into the slot before leaving.

Aranel waited, feeling alone, as the ship's captain and crew prepared for takeoff. Finally, there was an extra roar and the ship soared through the atmosphere and into space.

User Image
Perfect Insanity

"ηίgħtmαяε "

»cαρtαιη

pίяαtε «

Summary: Ainion speaks to the intruder, showing him the ship he came from and threatens to destroy it if he does not leave peacefully.
OCC:

xxxxxxxxAinion smiled when he finally saw the subject come closer. It was about time the infiltrator made the way to his own little slice of heaven. Closing out everything he hit a button that began to turn his captains chair to face the entrance. Lazily he sat there, anxious to see this intruder face to face, or mask in his case. Quirking an eyebrow he heard a knock at the entrance before a figure came into sight, requesting Ainion's presence. How Charming? Not only was this another bounty hunter but not only was he clever the man also had respect in some ludicrous way. From where he sat the man would stand at the same height as him with blonde hair and green eyes. Without a doubt Ainion could tell that this man was human; a very skilled one at that. Most bounty hunters would come at him headfirst and be blown to bits or at a loss for his sudden use of the FTL drive. This one however was different and took an entirely different approach. This alone was why he allowed him to get this far into his ship. Suddenly his eyes sparked, a smile gracing his lips underneath. Ainion now realized why the man had looked so familiar. Ainion had once heard chatter of a skilled bounty hunter in town who was able to claim the most difficult of bounties who now had his sights on the "Silent Raccoon". Naturally Ainion was used to such threats against his ship but not once did he ever consider someone finding safe passage into his ship without knowing.
xxxxxxxxRespectfully he clapped through his gloved hands, amazed at how he so creatively managed to slip under his most skilled navigator's radar. Ainion only recruited the best of the best and for this "Phoenix" as other pirates and bandits referred to him due to the name of his ship. Perhaps he should have paid more attention to rumors as he was a living one himself. Ainion eyed him, all features but his hair hidden from the intruder. Once he finally stopped he rose from his seat and returned a bow of his own. After all it wasn't everyday that he came across a bounty hunter so courteous and respectful.
xxxxxxxx"I congratulate you on boarding my ship, and so I welcome you to 'Silent Raccoon'" he started, his voice distorted by the mask as he took a step down from his throne of sorts. As usual his hand rested naturally over the hilt of his blade and in a nonthreatening manner he took a step toward the man. Almost instinctively his cockpit guards had surrounded the man with weapons bared but Ainion was quick to dismiss them with a wave. Reluctantly the stepped back eying the enemy cautiously. He of course understood there doubts. What they had not known was that before he had the Sethyst go take her place he instructed her to ever so discretely to tell the helmsman to make a trip around the quasar. Right before the bounty hunter had entered he had got a lock on the ship and weapons were aimed towards it strategically. Ainion always had to have an ace in the hole and this was one just one of them. Motioning a finger the entrance from whence "Phoenix" came from was closed.
xxxxxxxx"I must now apologize but I cannot allow that, as well I also wish no harm on you or your crew but as a captain you can understand that the safety of my own is even of more concern to me" he explained taking two more steps closer, having a large digital screen appear between them. On it was the black and gold ship that stood idly close to the quasar. Ainion was respected because on top of his skills in battle he was also a wonderful tactician. Pirates essentially ran on no rules and despite how cowardly this may have seemed he actually was offering the bounty hunter a way out. Under normal conditions he'd have simply killed him and the crew in one fell swoop but because of his dexterity and skill he would give them safe passage away from his ship. Of course he could only assume that one so bold to board his ship would be a captain.
xxxxxxxx"Under normal circumstances you and your crew would be killed, but seeing as I have rather important business to attend to instead I suggest that I give you a pod to return to your ship so that you may command your ship another day"
xxxxxxxxAinion didn't favor the killing of innocence and for the most part this was out of sheer respect for the man. An option wasn't something that Captain Nightmare gave so freely and it was very unwise to disregard. Now that Ainion had seen the face of the man who courageously found a way onto his ship he was satisfied and would let him go freely. He could only hope that he'd wise up and quit this foolish endeavor of capturing him but in his mind he knew that wouldn't happen. The price on the ship and captain rivaled that of a kings fortune in currency. It would be more than enough to keep the bounty hunter chasing him but at least for the moment he hoped that his crew's safety took even more importance. The most funny thing of this all was that in his threats this was all a bluff. The only one in true danger was the bounty hunter that stood before him. Ainion did have weapons targeted on the ship but they would do not harm the crew members. It was simple but practical device that nullified the ship's core and sensory data. On the current level he had it fixed on at best it'd leave them stranded there for an hour or two, more than enough time for him to make his escape. Ainion usually used this very weapon to board cargo holds, most people unaware of what was going on. Now that Ainion had seen this man was resourceful he wanted to test his character.
xxxxxxxxIf the captain put his own goals above his crew's safety Ainion would put him through what he called "the void". It was his manifestation of his extreme control over mana which put the victim in a state of stasis as his mind was caught in a hold. From there he obtained the name "Captain Nightmare" for in that state Ainion controlled all outside stimuli. There was no confusion that pain was just as real as it was in the real world as it was in his. A few times he had used it as a distraction and instead of killing another group of pirates put them in the same hold. Accordingly most went insane babbling on about how they saw death and whatnot much of what they spoke of only a general description of what happened. "The eyes of a ghost that played your worst nightmares" was all that was ever really paid attention to. Of course this was true and rumors all over space traveled of this unique "Captain Nightmare". Alongside with the handed down mask the name fit rather well. Resting a hand on the teeth of the mask he waited for a response, hopefully the right one in the case of the bounty hunter.
User Image
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I have a purpose

Jackson find himself face to face with the man known only as Captain Nightmare. he is now faced with a decision, leave or have his crew destroyed.

Jackson was positively excited at what was transpiring. Had he finally found a bounty that wold require every ounce of his skills and cunning to outwit and capture. Despite his inner feelings, Jackson maintained his respectful demeanor, the only thing giving away his feelings was his fingers as they toyed slightly with the trinket attached to the swords hilt. He had to hand it to Captain Nightmare, he certainly was clever. It would take someone clever to find his ship amongst the quasars energy signature. he studied his ship and then looked at the captain. Any other bounty hunter might have let their crew go for a chance at a bounty like this one. Jackson, however, was not motivated by greed or wealth; rather he understood the value of life and would never risk his crew. Not even when he could call a bluff.

It was something about the pirate captain that had given away his bluff. Jackson could not put his finger on it though. Was it the way he stood? The tone of his voice? The look in his eyes? Jackson's head cocked very slightly to the side, something he only did when he was attempting to understand something about someone. For a second he could have sworn what had given Captain Nightmare away, was something that he had seen in himself. His wanting not to harm the innocent. Well thats interesting he thought. Jackson smiled a tad but it was quickly turned into a quizzical look. Jackson didn't know what it was, but it felt like something was trying to claw its way to the surface of his mind. A memory that just couldn't stick. He shook his head. Jackson would have plenty of time of introspective thoughts later.

"It would appear you have painted me into the corner. And i do mean 'appear'" Jackson said. He took a step forward past the digital screen, moving closer to the captain. "First off let me congratulate you on being this cunning, and for finding my ship. Though i am ninety-nine percent sure that you will not blow my ship out of the never-ending astral sea. Yet you would not leave yourself without an attack of some sort. More than likely one that would disable my ships engines, leaving you to escape. What you would not have known is that I am prepared for such a situation. An EMP Field Generator that runs separate from the Black Phoenix's energy supply. The moment the engines are shut off by any outside force, the field is released, disabling all engines within it blast radius for up to three hours. Both of our ships would be left out here until our respective engines would return to full capabilities. Yet, as i said before, I always put my crew over myself, bluff or no. As such, I shall leave you to your devices. Though I will not stop pursuing you," He smiled again before laughing a tad bit, something he had only done one. In front of someone he had not seen in years. Jackson composed himself "Excuse me, I get like that when someone provides me with a great chanlage, or you happen someone I trust enough and enjoy your company. As for your pod offer, I must respectively decline, for mines is still stuck inside your vent" Jackson took a step back and bowed once again, his fingers still toying with the trinket. "I look forward to the next time we cross wits and maybe swords and i wish you the best. Though I will unmask you one day" he said the last part with another smile. Captain Nightmare was quite the adversary.

User Image

User Image
Perfect Insanity

"ηίgħtmαяε "

»cαρtαιη

pίяαtε «

Summary: After settling the dispute with the bounty hunter, Captain Nightmare is quick to leave. Using his FTL drive he heads on interception course to Gaia in order to raid a cargo ship with a respectable bounty. Now only waiting he calls upon Moira to stand by his side.
OCC:

xxxxxxxxxThis bounty hunter was a peculiar man, even for a human. Not only was he very vocal but he could call Ainion's bluff, one that was not easily seen through. As it appeared the bounty hunter had figured Captain Nightmare's plan of attack out but regardless of the fact was still willing to leave. 'How noble' Ainion thought watching as the man drew closer. The hand resting on his blade made no such movement to draw his sword but still it left his mind open to dwell on many things. It was if they were in a game of chess, and although many wouldn't believe it but he was very skilled at it. In many ways life was like chess. There were those who led and those who followed. To be honest he hadn't had someone this challenging since his early childhood. The small fire began to start in his mind but he dowsed it with disposing of this bounty hunter.
xxxxxxxxx"Very well then, two of my top guards will accompany you to your pod"
xxxxxxxxxAlthough Ainion was letting him go he wasn't entirely stupid. He was more than sure that the bounty hunter would try to plant some sort of tracking device in order to find him with less trouble. What he was unaware of was the fact that Terra could pick up even the smallest of signals and sniff them out with the certainty of a bloodhound. Still it was more of a act of giving him visual representation that they were not friends. Watching as his guards escorted the man out his eye caught hold of something. At first glance he felt a sudden spark of emotion, almost commanding him to snatch up the male to inspect the trinket that hung limply from his blade. Ainion had only known one who carried such a thing but the two couldn't be the same. It had been 10 years since he had seen the boy's face. In this large expanse of space it couldn't possible be him. Inside a subtle rage did build. There was no doubting it was his trinket but how did this bounty hunter come across it? What had happened to his friend from long ago?
xxxxxxxxxQuestions and thoughts filled his mind as he took his captain's seat again. At the moment Ainion did not have the luxury of freedom to ponder. Instead once he had a visual that the bounty hunter was removed from his ship he had the FTL set up and in the blink of any eye his ship tip glowed brilliantly before disappearing into what seemed like nothingness. Captain Nightmare had his sights on a cargo ship heading for Gaia. As liable as his resources were there was supposed to be a gauntlet that belonged to the Efola Royal Family from the war. Broken or not it'd fetch a more than substantial price in the black markets if retrieved. Whatever happened to it afterwards was none of his concern. The credits were all that he was worried about. The importance of this retrieval required that he took a less pacifist route and would require some bloodshed. In attempts to rid himself of the thought he called Terra. There was something small that he needed solved.
xxxxxxxxx"Terra, I want you to search through ship functions and see if we have any counter measures against an EMP, if not I want you to search for one that'd be installable" Ainion ordered sighing as he leaned back in his chair. If there ever was a next time he'd be sure to question the man on how he came across that trinket. For now he watched blankly as they passed through a wormhole, nothing but an odd array of colors guiding them. Upon breaking free he had stealth maneuver placed in set which would mask the heat signature to avoid detection. With the luck of a king they opened up only a little ways away from the cargo ship. Ainion did after all must thank Phoenix for his distraction. At any earlier time he would've had to wait. In relation to their target the cargo ship was midway between its destination and point of origin. Beckoning a guard his mood lightened at his request. Lightly underneath his mask a smile graced his face, relieving him of the stress that was previously at hand. Being a captain wans't the easiest occupation.
"Go fetch Moira, tell her that Nightmare sent for her as well as to prepare herself for a raid on the cargo ship"
xxxxxxxxxAinion knew very well she wouldn't like to be disturbed but upon hearing his name in the equation would calm down and not rip the messenger to peaces. Her beauty was only matched by her brutality and sometimes he had to remind her that despite her occupation that she was still feminine. With a sigh he waved the nervous guard off who stalked away as if Ainion was leading him to his death. This of course was not the case but he'd need his first mate right next to him when it came time to board. Ahead of time he had announced to his crew about the raid but not the item he was to procure. Instead he instructed them to take what they could and that what they could put there hands on would be theres with the exception of living beings. Ainion did not promote slavery in any shape or form. Death was a much more acceptable than that. Tapping his mask he awaited for his first mate, the ship stationary with cannons ready to immobilize the ship ahead. From his sources he was informed that the gauntlet was hidden so he'd have to spend some time searching it. Unlike with the bounty hunter he had set the cannons on a higher power which would result in the loss of power for five hours instead of two or three. At the most serious degree he could immobilize the ship completely, overloading the core and frying it beyond repair. Only once had things came to that but it was at price and safety of his shipmates. They in essence were his family and were to be protected as such.

Eloquent Lover

xxмøяιąxxғąyℓιnηxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
Mood:Calm
Wear:Normal Outfit
OOC:N/a

Today had started out to be, and still continued to be boring. Moria had woken from her deep slumber. Again, her sleep had been dreamless, nothing but darkness. It wasn't strange for this to happen, but she didn't especially like it. She sat up in her bed and the covers full into her still covered lap, revealing her naked torso. Her white hair covered her shoulders; some strands were sticking up in random directions. Sitting there silently she slowly woke up. With a groan she pushed the remaining cover's back and slid her slender, muscular legs off the side of the bed. She stood and stretched her arms to the ceiling, listening to her spine pop in a few places.

When she relaxed again, letting her arms return to her side, and she looked at her clock. It seemed that she'd slept the morning away, or at least most of it. She chuckled a bit at this and walked across the room and looked through the books that she had collected over the years. Her collection ranged from all types of books. Documentaries, Fiction, Sci-fic, all sorts. She really loved to read, and this is why she read. Every time Ainion found a new interesting looking book that he may not want for himself, he gave to her. It was a sweet gesture to say the least. Moria still stood to the side of her room, naked, her left index finger tracing over each of the books bindings looking for something to read. Normally, she would already be dressed and on her way to be with Ainion, but today she felt like reading. When she had chosen a book, the door to her room open.

She looked over with a scowl clearly written on her face, even though half of her face was hidden by her hair. The guard that stood in the doorway, stared at her exposed body. The view that he had was just of her side. She couldn't do anything about him having seen the side of one of her butt cheeks. But, the upper part of her arm covered any site of her breast. "You're very brave, or is it stupidity? Care to give me a reason not to snap your neck and paralyze you?" Moria seethed out at the guard who stood speechless. The guard shook his head before standing at complete attention. "The captain wishes for you to join in his quarters. He also wants you informed to be ready to raid a ship."

Even after the news, the guard stood in attention, too afraid to move it seemed. Moria's eyes wandered over his body, seeing a slight shiver. Hearing the reason for this guard's intrusion was for Ainion, she calmed down, but her outer demeanor remained the same. "Get out. she growled at the guard and he quickly complied, shutting the down behind him. Moria then completely relaxed and replaced the book back on the shelf. It was then she began to slip her normal white clothing on. After getting the small amount of clothing on she slipped the gun, called a Colt M1991A, she had collected from a human into the leg holster she had collected from the same man. Next, she slipped a simple harness onto her shoulders before sliding her over sized sword into it, on her back. Moria did the last thing she needed to do, and that was to pull her hair up into it's normal ponytail position. When she was done with that, she made her way to Ainion. She knew the ship like the back of her hand, and she was in Ainion's captain room in no time. "What did I miss? Moria said to her captain. Nothing about her showed she was being playful, but she knew that Ainion would know, that she was playing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
Perfect Insanity

"ηίgħtmαяε "

»cαρtαιη

pίяαtε «

Summary: Ainion sees Moira and he finds himself happy. From there he tells her that everything is ready to go.
OCC:

xxxxxxxxxxAinion sat there staring at a general mapping of the ship in front of him. You could tell he had been planning this for a while from the way he took every extra minute to make last minute adjustments. Ainion even went so far as to dictate where guards would be heaviest, sighing everything seemed to rudimentary and uninteresting. It was the lack of challenge that would be necessary in order to succeed with this mission. There was no excitement, no adrenaline to course through his veins in the face of danger. Perhaps he had experienced enough danger in his life but Ainion always loved the mind puzzles, kind of like reading an interesting book. On the subject of interesting books his mind drifted back to Moira and where she was. Of course he didn't want her to be on his side constantly as a slave, oh never that. Instead Ainion rather enjoyed her company, connected with her just as deeply as Xion when he was alive. She had seen him in his early stages before he became the captain who had countless duties to fulfill.
xxxxxxxxxxAlmost just as soon as he began to think of it, in she appeared with light hint of irritation on her face. Maybe the guard had caught her at a bad moment. Whatever it was her mood seemed to lighten when she spoke, using her rough but melodious voice. 'How beautiful' The girl was quite the beauty despite the lack of clothing she wore. Even more so she was dangerous, a dragoon who knew her way around the large blade and pistol she toted around. Ainion could respect the animosity of the sword but he'd never comprehend why she complimented it with a pistol. How simple and uncreative. He dreaded the day she ever found it and plucked the thing off the human. Standing up from his chair he smiled under his mask, and felt a sense of sadness display over his face. Though this thing kept his identity concealed no one could ever under the array of emotions that went on underneath them. Besides he had no reason to shield his face from Moira.
xxxxxxxxxx"Sleeping in again I see" Ainion stated pointing at the sleep in her eyes. It was the little things that he tended to notice and to many women's pleasure they found it both foul and charming at the same time. Running a gloved hand across his face he removed the mask to reveal his almost angelic features. For a Efola he was remarkable gifted with beauty. In no way did he try to seem conceited but thanks to these looks his master made it a special concern to never strike him there. Rubbing his face softly, he lightly winced at the leather that seemed to grate against it. Grinning he tilted his head to the side, catching the playfulness in her tone. Opening his arms to his companion, he hoped for at least a light embrace but also knew they had no time to waste. Of all people on his ship she was one of the few that was permitted to call him by his true name.
xxxxxxxxxx "We are just about to raid the cargo ship I told you of, everything is ready and your the final key." Ainion explained briefly looking at her with his sapphire shaded eyes, but then again she already knew this. As well as the briefing he had given everybody prior to this she also got a personal briefing on their objective. She too knew what he was looking for which would make it all the easier. Looking her over his face began to tint a light shade of red. Even with resolve as strong as him he was still a man and her developed figure was more than striking. Unlike the other pigs who so carelessly stared her down like a piece of meat he respected her looks inside and out. Quite to his fascination they both matched splendidly. He did however feel sullen she never seemed to express herself through other methods than obedience and fear but she was a pirate after all. Shrugging the thought off he still stood. The captain wouldn't be satisfied until he got a hug. Something about her presence brought the best out of him, or at least it did when their weren't in the middle of battle. Ainion knew very well what a clouded mind could bring you minding the scars that came from both his master and fights as a pirate.

User Image
Perfect Insanity

» Åηkσu«

Summary: Ankou hosts a meeting among mortals to discuss the destruction of the universe.
Attire: Normal
OCC:

xxxxxxxxxAround a large conference table sat a group of men and women alike. The lights was dim but it made difference to the beings, who smelled of rotting flesh and bones. This was mainly in part to that they were essentially that. A round stout man sat at the table, his flesh seeming to sag off its muscle and bone. The only mortal looking person was Ankou. In the midst of place his ship sat in it's spacious embrace, appearing as if it was inoperable and drift through space. Ankou had heard that mortals and immortals alike were tricked into believing it was haunted and was why not many dared enter. With good reason too. Ankou had necromorphs fill every hall and every room. Whoever was stupid enough to board would be killed or brought to him to be stripped of their being.
xxxxxxxxx"I think we shouldn't wait so long before gobbling another planet up, what's the wait? Can't we send your Dragoon apprentice to kill off a few planets people while we wait for it to recharge?" The round stout man expressed firmly standing up and slamming his fist against the table causing ripples in his loose skin.
Those around him seemed to silently agree but were too fearful to express this feeling. Instead they sat still in the respective seats exchanging glances between the immortal and the looming figure who sat at the head of the desk. Until now Ankou had kept his eyes closed finding the meeting going rather well until this intrusion. With a snap of his eyes they seemed to shine purple as he glared at the council immortal with a devilish smile. Now not so full of rage and testosterone he took his seat and calmed himself to only allow the dread lord speak.
xxxxxxxxx"Clerix I understand your concern, however I assure you that the plan I have mapped out is the best way to go about it" he stated calmly and as a matter of fact. The fleshed immortal interlaced his finger in one another, eying each of the members who were equally fearful nodded. The fact that he had flesh alone was a reason to fear him. Although it was the skin he was born after destroying the planet he obtained enough souls to manage this body. It did have some disadvantages though. For instance he skin was constantly cold and in this form he could not access his full potential of miasma control. Regardless those before him knew very well that with his power as of now could overpower each and every one of them.
xxxxxxxxx"Besides, a apprentice implies that I am to die and need a successor, are you conspiring against me?" he asked with a bemused look. Then not inching from his seat another him appeared behind the man with a similar look. Placing a hand on his shoulder he watched as his hand changed from flesh to bone, unstable at the use of miasma. Fully changing to bone he snatched the immortal by his collar bone before lifting him up and slamming him into the table. Everyone physically got up and jumped back, distressed. The smile now twisted into a grim frown as he shook the man.
xxxxxxxxx"If you ever act so disrespectful again I'll make sure to it that your days are lived out by my sweet necromorphs plucking the very miasma from your tapered skin."
xxxxxxxxxThis was no threat either. Ankou was a very respectable man, errm being but he had no care for the arrogant and foolish. The world's end would come soon enough and in a way that he saw fit. These cretins who sat at his table did not share his vision but only wanted more power. Rightfully he would give it to them when his plan was realized but until then they were nothing more than tools to be used to achieve his objective. Nothing would stop him and he found it quite annoying when they referred to that dragoon as his apprentice. The creature lacked any kind of miasma, losing it in some odd way. On top of that he was reckless and fool hearty with no sense of patience or being. Through all of this the dragoon did prove useful at times. This alone was the reason he entertained him with his presence. Speaking of the assassin he did have require of his skills. There was a bounty hunter who he had his sights on who would make a lovely collection to his necromorph army. In order for this to occur he would first need the soul removed so he could place his miasma in its place. As for these conference meetings. These conferences were simply to entertain the immortals that thought they had a say in the matter. It got quite boring when the result ended in the same.
User Image
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I have a purpose

Jackson is finnaly back on the Black Phoenix after an enjoyable conversation with Captain NIghtmare, though now he has mroe questions then answers.

Success is defined by the person and not by the event. Jackson had decided that this entire mission was a success. Even though he was walking back from the cockpit and to his pod, without the captain of the Silent Raccoon, he still called the mission a success. He looked at the hallways as the guards took him down a different route than the one he came down and they arrived at the vent quicker than he expected. Respectively he bowed and thanked the two gentlemen and disappeared into the vent. There was some rustling as he slipped on his space suit in the cramped space and went back inside the pod. Quickly he ran a quick check on the pods computer, being sure that the collision had not damaged its guiding system and then fired the external jets. It wouldn’t be enough to get him back to the ship, but it was strong enough to dislodge the pod form the vent. “This is Captain Jackson, requesting retrieval” he said into the on board com-link. Moments later he heard the familiar sound of the Black Phoenix’s jets as they hovered above his pod. He took one last glance at the Silent Raccoon before it glowed in the darkness of space and seemed to disappear from sight. That is a very impressive ship you have Captain. He thought as his body was finally inside of the Black Phoenix. Soon Captain Jackson was back aboard his own ship. Safely, his crew noted, but without their bounty. Even though they didn’t ask out loud, they wondered what had happened over there. Jackson could read their curiosity easily and decided to let them in on what happened.

“Seeing as you all have the same question on your mind, yes I have just let one of the most valuable bounties in the universe run free, without a single confrontation. To sate your curiosity, all I can let you know is that we are going to have a hell of a time chasing him. Navigator, bring up our astral map please.” Jackson walked over to his seat and looked at the map that floated in front of him. He crossed his legs and peeled off his socks, not bothering to put back on his shoes after getting back in his pod. More than likely Captain Nightmare would be running checks to find any sort of signal that would suggest a tracking device of some kind. As he peeled off the other he couldn’t help but smile, he would enjoy seeing, or not seeing, the Captains expression when he managed to follow him wherever he may go. Jackson turned over the sock and looked at small shine that was on it. This shine was not filth for he always kept his socks clean, it was actually a special coating that he had designed himself, one that gave of a unique radiation signature. It could be easily applied to any surface, and would take years to wash away naturally, unless you had the proper solvent of course. The only other way to remove it would be to replace the affected surface. The beautiful thing about this radiation signal was that it was incredible strong and since it was unique to his design, only he could track it signature. He pulled up a keyboard and typed in the necessary commands. The entire time that he had been walking through the Raccoon his feet was leaving a trail of that coating along its floors, leaving the perfect tracking device, an organic one. Slowly but surely the map picked up the coating signature and he smiled. “Looks like he is headed for Gaia, Helmsmen plot a course, we needed to get supplies anyway. Make sure we stay out of the Raccoon radar.” He fished out the map he had when he was inside Raccoon and linked it up to the computer in his personal quarters. He would try to construct a map of sorts from the different halls he had went down, from the vent to the cockpit and back. He left the bridge and made his way to his quarters, shutting and locking the door as he went inside.

Jackson breathed heavily before collapsing on the bed. He didn’t know why, but finding someone this challenging was a bit draining, but only a bit. Jackson slipped off the sword and looked at the trinket attached to the hilt. He wondered what it was that had bothered him as he talked to the Raccoon’s captain. What was it that had tried to claw its way up into his mind. It was probably nothing, at the most it was just the memory of his friend that he had meet all those years ago. Jackson hadn’t felt that happy about meeting someone since then. Maybe that what it was, just a small memory for the past that had chosen the wrong time to surface. As he thought back to those days, he opened the floodgate to other memories that were not as pleasant as those ones he had shared with that boy. He had all but forgotten his eyes; there was just something about them that seemed to give him hope for the better. He pushed the idle thoughts out of his mind. He would have time for grieving over his friend later on, right now he had a map to construct, his questions right now centered around the captain of the Silent Raccoon and who exactly was behind that mask.

The Black Phoenix suddenly went into movement, the engines firing as it roared, or rather didn’t roar, in the silent black sea as it shot off towards its target. They would come up on the other side of the planet, and send out their small runners for more supplies before going after the Raccoon once again. Jackson looked out the wwindow as the planet came into view. Part of him wanted to know what Captain NIghtmare was after on this planet. He sat up in the bed and hit his face. It was the planet he should be focusing on, but rather the ships coming from the planet. More than likely he was after a cargo ship, though there were numerous amounts of cargo ships that left from that planet. It would be ebtter if he just waited in the wings before making his move on the Silent Raccoon, though even if his crew did stay under their radar they would be to far away to mount any kind of offensive. He debated on using their mini-ship the Infiltrator. It was small ,sleek and perfect for someone to get close enough to a cargo ship relatively unoticed. Sure he would be going into a battle zone alone, but sometimes you have to take risk.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces