Welcome to Gaia! ::

Corpius's Husband

ZOMBIE_C u p p ii C a k e

xD Guess not then. Whew.

I love the s**t out of the depression and the cold war.
I could do a migrant worker type story. Very Steinbeck . Much more enjoyable then the Civil War.
As for the Berlin Wall - there is a lot you could mean when you say that. Do you mean before the Wall fell, set in Germany? East side was very secret police happy. It was deary and people disappeared all the time. Everyone wanted to flee to the West side, and with just the rumor that you were going to you could be taken by your government and tortured. On the West I'd say it was much less interesting, and a much happier place to live. But either way I'm not overly familiar with German Culture. The Eastern bloc would be something I'd be interested in playing though - someone trying to be a rebel in their own way and the Officer meant to stop them. Or do you mean right after the wall came down? The assimilation of culture was neigh impossible. In fact, our generation is the first one born with the wall down and willing to see Germany as One Nation again. They were divided by philosophy long after, and that could be very anthropological role play, another one I'd be interested in playing. Though I wouldn't really know what sort of characters or plot would fit into it.
Or did you mean just that time period, set in America? The wall actually fell in 1989. And ... Dude. I WISH I had been alive in the 80's. =D It would have been so ******** awesome. What with the -- right off topic. Um.
But when you said Berlin Wall I thought of the cold war. Over here the red scare was just phenomenally stupid and amazing. And so long lasting, my god. I would be interested in role playing anything set in america during the cold war. And I do have a particular fondness for the tail end of Vietnam with all the protesting, and riots, and the great music, and free love, and ... ='3 Another few year I'm planning to time travel too when I grow up and become a mad scientist.
DoV-gnilkrad

OH GAWD.
Okay, what I meant was is right when it went up and people were trying to get from the communist side to the democratic side. But you brought up so much that I don't even know! Call me crazy, but I'm not all that familiar with the vietnam war, I was out smoking for when it was covered in my classes. I could google it, but rather not. I'm not familiar with the german culture, either, more of events and such. Culture is something I don't mind looking up though. For simplicity I would keep it a East Germany rebel vs officer, but the other ones sound way cool too, so I can't decide. Then we could also do something on Nazi Germany. Just sayin'.

Corpius's Husband

checkeredbow

Quality of quantity. I'm pretty versatile and can pretty much match whatever you throw at me. I've got a few role plays where it's 200-500 words, and I'm in one now that it seems like every post I'm turning out closer to 1000. But I am much, much more concerned with the writing style. I don't get the Gaian system of lit vs semi lit vs what the ******** ever vs super lit. I really don't, so I can't really tell you what I'm look for in those terms. But I would excuse 200 words if you post was engaging to read fare more often the not, and your characters well through out and executed. I'm sure 600 would be more then enough.

Alright. I've got a plot of anything. Most of them are thought up on the spot, like the ones on the front page. But turning out characters and what they should be doing - not a problem. But narrow down your history interests. I like history too, but there are some things I have no interest in playing, right? So what are your favorite settings? Let's go from there.

Corpius's Husband

-flail- LeGasp! But it was so powerful. And the hippies. And - and - and the ... oh. Sad face, Alixx. Sad face.

Meh. Not Nazi Germany. It .... I think it's impossible to do it fairly. Either we focus on the Germans, and what it would mean to be a solider there, the brilliance of Hitler who was - lets face it, an amazing politiation promising exactly what the country needed - and we neglect the Holocaust. Or we focus on the Holocaust and neglect the psychology of the Nazi's and make it out to be pure evil. Or we do conspiracy and neglect the complex and absolute heart breaking horror of the Holocaust AND the moral dilemmas and the ******** of what governments do to their soldiers. Nazi Germany is actually mind blowing to me, and fascinating, but it's one of the few topics I think is to serious to bring into a role play.

Alright. Well I think I like East Germany rebel vs officer the best.
DoV-gnilkrad

-flail- LeGasp! But it was so powerful. And the hippies. And - and - and the ... oh. Sad face, Alixx. Sad face.

Meh. Not Nazi Germany. It .... I think it's impossible to do it fairly. Either we focus on the Germans, and what it would mean to be a solider there, the brilliance of Hitler who was - lets face it, an amazing politiation promising exactly what the country needed - and we neglect the Holocaust. Or we focus on the Holocaust and neglect the psychology of the Nazi's and make it out to be pure evil. Or we do conspiracy and neglect the complex and absolute heart breaking horror of the Holocaust AND the moral dilemmas and the ******** of what governments do to their soldiers. Nazi Germany is actually mind blowing to me, and fascinating, but it's one of the few topics I think is to serious to bring into a role play.

Alright. Well I think I like East Germany rebel vs officer the best.

I know. Hitler had amazing skills as a politician, his morals were just ********. Can't decide whether he was evil or genius. or both. It is way on the serious side, too. I actually know a holocaust survivor personally, so I know a lot about it, and it's intresting, but not great for the internet.

so we stay with East German vs Officer. So what exactly are we gonna do? How to start, who's who, and how many characters to each?

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
DoV-gnilkrad

Ah, ok! Here are my samples. 300~500 are my usual comfort range.

Hmm...well, when it comes to American history, the periods I like are antebellum period, Expansion(Wild West), Progressive Era(differences between classes), and The Great Depression. Outside of America, I suppose I'm interested in most wartime periods for countries. The ones I'm most familiar with in terms of setting and would be WW2 and the Vietnam War. I can probably also do something in regards to the Cold War.

Corpius's Husband

>.< I actually have a plot for this from years ago. I wanted to write a short story but never got around to it. Turns out its a little more rouge officer vs the world.
But ... here we go:

An officer of the Stasi - which was the East German 'state security service' coughcoughsecretpolicecoughcough - is sent to observe an enemy of the state. Someone said something about him, and they 'know' he's a terrorist but need to catch him red handed.
This guy is an investigative journalist, happily married to an artist. A young couple, scared of the government but with strong convictions. They are unaware they are being watched. He suspects it but ....This guy's old best friend had been blacklisted for things he did before the wall went up. He was black listed for years and finally killed himself. Of course the character is a little broken up, but mostly pissed. He takes it upon himself to write an article against the government with the intention of publishing it on the west side so that they could get some god damn help. It would be highly illegal and everyone who associated with him would be blacklisted - lots of risk including death. And he can't publish it alone, he knows that.
Well, after observing them for so long the officer is a little attached to this couple. It's a little creepy, a little romantically voyeuristic but he's been assigned to them for [fill in the blank] and knows what sort of people they are. He's heard all their privet conversations, day in day out. His life is about them. But he's not happy with his job. He's the sort of guy who goes home to a spartan flat and warms up yet another TV dinner alone. It's sad. And .. ya know. So he's ambivalent about his government.

I'm not sure how much you want me to say. I have more of the plot that would come in mid story but I wouldn't want to give you a script we can't deviate from, ya know?
The ... >.o the story would revolve around the officer and journalist with elements of both their coming into play separately until contact is made. One of us could play the wife, the other a high ranking officer that our character reports too. Someone who will be coming into play later. He's in the pocket of the VERY corrupt chief of police and is just meaner then a junk yard dog. And he dose some not so nice things later.
The journalist will need people who help him. perhaps the neighbor who ratted to save themselves and is still trying to be his friend. After all, if the journalist doesn't know who told the government what there is no reason they couldn't be. And the government needed a name - and name.
Nhm. I keep on coming up with an odd number of characters. xD That looks like at least two each, maybe three if we stretch it.
And for this I would think lights up would be when the journalist is working up to telling his wife his plan. Thus cluing in the Stasi.
And I really don't mind who plays the officer or who plays the journalist.

If you had your heart set on officer and rebel then we can easily do a cat an mouse game. Although, truth be told I have someone who seems to be interested in doing a role play like that already and I'm reluctant to open another with the same basic premise. It would be repetitive.

Corpius's Husband

checkeredbow
DoV-gnilkrad

Ah, ok! Here are my samples. 300~500 are my usual comfort range.

Hmm...well, when it comes to American history, the periods I like are antebellum period, Expansion(Wild West), Progressive Era(differences between classes), and The Great Depression. Outside of America, I suppose I'm interested in most wartime periods for countries. The ones I'm most familiar with in terms of setting and would be WW2 and the Vietnam War. I can probably also do something in regards to the Cold War.

Oh, see, that's a perfect amount. I like your writing. ... But they all seem to be countries. o.O maybe I'm just missing something but that struck me as odd.

Erm. Well. I think our interests overlap at the tail end of the Progressive Era. I love the Roaring 20's, but my tastes tend to lean a little more to speakeasy's and gangsters then to the differences between classes. And The Great Depression.
Cold War is a favorite of mine, but you don't seem to enthused about that one so I won't touch that one.
Outside of America I love the Renaissance and the Romantic Era, Victorian and the Industrial Revolution, for more modern settings. It looks like you favor war-kissed times. I can't say I've ever really ... liked .. war. But if I do like the crusades and the conflicts that have always surrounded Jerusalem. If I have to deal with war I like something to color it ... human. Religion dose that, and exploring different theologies in a role play is something I'm keen on and a little starved for. But I've always had a soft spot for middle eastern and Indian cultures, so basically Any time period in those settings would be fine with me. Though, I'm not sure how interesting anything I just said is. >.o

Tipsy Gekko

-yawns, strolling in and waving tiredly to everyone-
      I cannot sleep. This is getting annoying. =(
      Also, I hope you don't mind me making this thread my little hangout spot for the time being. ^^

Corpius's Husband

Not at all. ,__, your the only one online. Company always welcome.
Erm, so I'm determined to make a writing sample page on my test thread. Seems like the sort of thing that would be important. And there is this ONE post I'm looking for that I want and am trying to find in a thread that's like, zomfg many pages long. So I'mma try and do this before I respond to your PM. Which I've skimmed. Just letting ya know.

Tipsy Gekko

DoV-gnilkrad

Cool, cool. You can take your time responding, as I took time in my response. xD I was wondering if you have any instant messaging accounts? It'd make for easier plot planning. ^^

And by all means, go ahead and do that! It's definitely important, so you should probably git right to it. I hope I didn't sound too rushed in responding at the end, I wanted to send some sort of response to you as soon as possible.

On other terms, how was your day/week?

Corpius's Husband

eiwh kqfhifhenwkl jeer ;lkp -head desk-
I found it. I mother ******** found the god damn post. scream and ya know what? The little snippet from two pages earlier sent goose bumps up my arm, and this one didn't. That is SO disappointing.
My god, I should just copy all of Ava's work onto the damn test thread.
/rant
sorry.

Ah, I have a skype I use for RP buddies but I'm a wee bit on the paranoid side. If ya don't mind I'd rather stick to PMs on this site or the other.

x.x busy. I worked more hours then I ever have before. I miss school. But, tomorrow is my day off. I plan on sleeping till three and being up all night. <3

edit I've half responded, but it's 5 am and I just discovered I fell asleep on my keyboard for 20 minus. I'll finish when I wake up.

Aged Gaian

You are one of the most organized and polite people I've ever seen in the OOC. <3 I applaud you, good sir! ^_^
I gave your thread a <3, and I wish you much luck, good sir!

- Some Crazy Lady from the South Internet

Corpius's Husband

I Bronya I

^///^ Orly? Well.. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you.
Pst. Your avi reminds me of Jessica Rabbit. That's awesome, and I'm tipping you for that.

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
DoV-gnilkrad

Oh, the majority of the time I RP for a fandom called Hetalia and all the characters are human versions of countries ^^;;

I do have an interest in gangs, but I'm just not sure how well I'll be able to do it. I can't say I'm any sort of expert on inner workings of a gang. I haven't seen many gang movies, but it shouldn't be hard for me to research up.

As much as I love the Renaissance, Victorian Era, and Industrial Revolution, I'm afraid my knowledge isn't top notch in those time periods. I wouldn't mind researching, of course, but once again, I'm not sure how well I would do on those. I have basic knowledge from what they've taught me in school about the crusades and Jerusalem. Same goes for middle eastern and Indian cultures. D: But same as before, I'm willing to researh them up. Learning about new cultures is something I always enjoy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff