Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,750 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Items/ Misc
Can you add more outfit slots or some other way for us to save our avatars? I like to keep a record of all the avatars I made.Thank you.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Narumi Misuhara
Scobre
Today will be my last day at Gaiaonline. I find it fitting timing since I joined Gaiaonline because of zOMG! to leave because of it now. It will always hold a special part of my heart and it was my favorite and first MMO. I knew when I joined that the game was in trouble since I joined Gaiaonline on February 10th, 2010 after my brother had told me that Qixter had left zOMG! I came from the Sims 2 community and I was always frustrated with that game that I couldn’t kill the gnomes and flamingos in it. My brother showed me village greens and I became hooked on the game and happy I could seek revenge on them. Since then I’ve been able to crew with my brother and sister and met many friends along the way. zOMG! saved my life and helped me get through many difficult times with my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic back pain. I liked that the game was casual enough to not cause me stress, yet silly enough to make me laugh. I guess I was one of the hardcore players since I was able to find time to play every day. I still remember the drunk nights of smebbing seeing Marshall look all swirly which was extremely funny. I did a personal record time of most time spent on Gaia with the 36 hour run in Dead Man’s Shadow for my first Kamila Bloodlust kill and wanted to quit to sleep, but friends kept me going. The community, the experience, and pure silliness is what I loved most about the game.

I’m not mad at you Gaia for closing the game, just disappointed. I actually want to thank past staff [ JK ] and s2b2 for keeping the game going as long as it did. I no longer find an entertainment and social value on Gaiaonline, so I will seek it elsewhere with Aura Kingdom and a Gaian run site recolor.me in case you want to record the stats and reasons why Gaians leave the site. Only advice I can give you Gaia is to listen to your user base because if you don’t try to compromise with them, then they will not support you financially and retention will decrease. They pay for the experience not just the virtual avatar products. I’ve read Gaia compare themselves to a supermarket and a pool with a snack bar before, but if all they offer is an ATM machine with rows of moldy food aka site features, they will seek competitor sites. Gaia Interactive is a service company first with just virtual product perks second. So long and thanks for all the fish Gaia. Continue to be as passionate, smart, and creative as you are community and never feel scared to fight for your favorite feature in a civil manner. I know many of you are different and have different tastes and opinions, but at the end of the day you are all one awesome community of Gaians.

Features

Since zOMG! is one of the newer features of the site, wouldn’t everything else on the site be a huge security risk considering how many more years the coding for them hasn’t been updated?

No, it wasn't just a code issue but also hardware. sad

That's a bummer. Thanks for answering the question and bye Narumi. I will miss seeing your girly avis even though you are a dude. Tell Sisky I said bye too and I will miss her as well. Gaia really does need to update their other features still because it could be a huge security problem. Just two days ago after many months after zOMG! was taken down, my ip Gaia mail pinged four times, so security holes do exist on the site. I hope that fishing and aquariums, the mini games, and some of the other features will be updated for the community. I did hear that a friend was able to hack into zOMG!, but wasn't able to do anything due to the security wall. Not sure if you read Mavdoc's post regarding that issue, but honestly it doesn't matter since there still won't be anyway to bring the game back. I really hope that there will be a replacement game even if it can't be another MMO for zOMG! community to call home again. I just won't be around to see it if it does even happen.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Features

Will guilds ever be revamped, or are they just one of Gaia's features that will forever be stuck with the old coding? After all, I would love the option to tip in guilds, too. emo

Sexy Kitten

Love can be a...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Features

Question; When is the marriage coming out?
And or are you still doing it?

... Beautiful thing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Can you focus your revenue on making a game as awesome as zOMG was for gaia? zOMG 2 maybe?

Fiendish Punk

Question Category: Misc. (I believe.)

I recall in a previous ATS, that there could be a possibly on a poll for a new IM system like meebo to Gaia.

Q: Any chance we could see a poll in the near future or sooner possibly?

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Lia_Mia25
Game

Since ZOMG not running anymore, whats going to happen to all our soul bound items?

They already said there will be a announcement of it on Wednesday.
Features

Why does the home moving in Gaia Homes impossible? Is there some kind of tweak or anything?

Cute Friend

Will we ever get more outfit slots?
+
Will the inventory organizer ever be updated?

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Zero Omega
Astra Green
Features: Wrestling Sub Forum

I posted this I think last AtS and the one before that so I'll ask again: Is it possible for Gaia to undergo another partnership/sponsor type thing with the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) like you guys did in the past and have a type of Q & A with the current members of the roster (RAW, Smackdown, Total Divas and NXT) or even have them post around the forums or host their own viewing thread in the Wrestling Sub-forum.

I think something similar was done with Matt Hardy and John Cena a long time ago.

As long as they partner with us for only $9.99.

Kidding. We don't have any plans in the near future, but we could pass it along as a potential outreach for a sponsorship.

I started to laugh so hard that I almost cried.

I know the times that I've seen the ads for the WWE Network on Gaia (without the paid adblock) so I was just curious if something was possible.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Rusticfur
Shops

Will Loyal's Bazzar be available to everyone soon?
By that I mean those who are unable to log in for 75 continuous days

We created Loyal's with the intent to reward users who were loyal to the site and logging in often. So it's unlikely we'll be making a change to allow every user to enter the shop.

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Hi there,

Yup, it's that time, we are locking the thread temporarily to enable us to catch up on some of those answers. We will be opening it back up when we catch up a bit some!

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Teabo Milk Tea
Princess Angelishia
His Majesty King
Features
What new features can Gaians expect for the [near] future? (i.e. a new game announcement, renovating older features, adding onto Towns, updates to mini games/introductions to new mini games, sneak preview for a holiday event, new contest)

The next big feature coming up is one of the most anticipated: an updated inventory arranger.

For reals? How far along is the inventory arranger? The reason I am asking is because we've been told for maybe 1-2 years now that it's being worked on, but the date for its update onto the live site is always being pushed back because it's either being set aside or some problems have popped up while working on it.

It's now in QA, I'll see if we can get a preview thread up tomorrow!

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

iJustwannaHug
Are you guys really shutting the site down in febuarary? and/or are you changing anything?

We have no plans to shut down. This site should still be around for a long time to come.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff