Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prize Announcement on the bottom of First Post! Title your PMs properly!!

You can choose only one prize upon completion 0.225 22.5% [ 9 ]
Send PM to the mule: 0.1 10.0% [ 4 ]
GG/Plat (1T/100KP) / PM title: GG Prize 0.35 35.0% [ 14 ]
Group Art / PM title: GROUP ART 0.325 32.5% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Day 10 - Mandala

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eloquent Lover

True Karma
User ImageDay 10
Theme: Webtoon Fanart

User Image
Comments: Kix and Fina know exactly what I drew XDDD
Seek to be worth knowing...
MALORIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

...rather than be well known.

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Kikio-San
True Karma
User ImageDay 10
Theme: Webtoon Fanart

User Image
Comments: Kix and Fina know exactly what I drew XDDD
Seek to be worth knowing...
MALORIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

...rather than be well known.

User Image

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
100 Day Event

hey! I'm sorry, i accidentally double posted in the guild topic when i meant to crosspost it here ; v ;

i know you're not supposed to delete posts so I'm quoting here, sorry about the trouble

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
Day #10
Theme: nudibranch

User Image

Comments: just not having a lot of fun for the past couple of days. in the moment a lot of the subjects i've chosen are nice but clean cg art is really... toiling to do. over time it just feels like the fun i have is sucked out because of the monotony of sketching posing lineart cleanup base colour shading highlight cleanup photoshop rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

I think I've been pushing myself to do too many multi-hour pieces. After I made my art thread it almost seemed like I had to put up really nice work... even though that's not the point of documenting my art at all.

so today I did a few simple sketches to hopefully loosen up and then for the theme piece I forwent my original idea (more BKDK art based on "view" ) which would've taken a lot of sketching out the scene and whatnot, and just drew a monster girl based on "nudibranch" instead. I'm not happy with it because of how experimental and messy and without direction everything is, but hopefully it's let me relax a bit.

ahhhh and before I knew it I've posted a mini rant. sorry v__v;;

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Starrii
Day #10

User Image

Comments: just not having a lot of fun for the past couple of days. in the moment a lot of the subjects i've chosen are nice but clean cg art is really... toiling to do. over time it just feels like the fun i have is sucked out because of the monotony of sketching posing lineart cleanup base colour shading highlight cleanup photoshop rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

I think I've been pushing myself to do too many multi-hour pieces. After I made my art thread it almost seemed like I had to put up really nice work... even though that's not the point of documenting my art at all.

so today I did a few simple sketches to hopefully loosen up and then for the theme piece I forwent my original idea (more BKDK art based on "view" ) which would've taken a lot of sketching out the scene and whatnot, and just drew a monster girl based on "nudibranch" instead. I'm not happy with it because of how experimental and messy and without direction everything is, but hopefully it's let me relax a bit.

Clean CG is toiling XD Preach! Its healthier to do lines one day and color the next but @.@ it's not an option... In the end feeling that pressure makes you better as an artist and colorist honestly but there is a line of asking too much of your self creatively. Sounds like you know where that line is and are respecting it so ^.^ good work!

ChiiDoLLx's Partner In Crime

checkeredbow
Day # 10
Theme: request

User Image

Comments:
Sayuu

this is super cute! heart

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

There isn't enough time in a dayyyyy

Kikio-San's Queen

Daring Dabbler

Starrii
100 Day Event

hey! I'm sorry, i accidentally double posted in the guild topic when i meant to crosspost it here ; v ;

i know you're not supposed to delete posts so I'm quoting here, sorry about the trouble

Thank you for letting us know! ^ ^ We will note that for when we do the update tonight. For tonight, I would leave it as is and edit it tomorrow before submitting your day 11. Your post count will remain the same while giving your day 11 the correct date/time stamp.

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
True Karma
Starrii
Day #10

User Image

Clean CG is toiling XD Preach! Its healthier to do lines one day and color the next but @.@ it's not an option... In the end feeling that pressure makes you better as an artist and colorist honestly but there is a line of asking too much of your self creatively. Sounds like you know where that line is and are respecting it so ^.^ good work!

i actually hate doing that welp, I like doing art in one big piece (i suspect its my ADHD but who knows—but its why i did the steampunk piece in one full thing). I lose motivation real ******** fast lol. so the single day nature should work for me, but it doesn't exactly because i just have a vision and go full out every time. usually i pace myself by doing lots of little sketch chibis and whatnot that i can colour fast but many of them don't fit the 40min requirement zzz

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
DragonofHeaven
Starrii
100 Day Event

Thank you for letting us know! ^ ^ We will note that for when we do the update tonight. For tonight, I would leave it as is and edit it tomorrow before submitting your day 11. Your post count will remain the same while giving your day 11 the correct date/time stamp.

thank you! so for clarification how should i post tomorrow?

Sexy Sex Symbol

25,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Today's entry is gonna be kinda cheeky but tbh I'm a ghost so I can get away with it. razz

Edit: Nvm I think Imma just do it tomorrow when I'm hopefully feeling a bit better.

Ambivalently's Princess

Starrii
Day #10

User Image

I'm sorry that you don't like this because I think it's lovely! I love how messy and unrefined you say it is because it looks so soft and the colors flow and the contrast is so appealing. I agree with you that super polished art can get really tiresome and tedious and all the steps feel like a constant rinse and repeat. That's why I've been enjoying the sketches I've been doing because they're free and a bit messy, but they can be more later if I choose them to be. The nice part about art is not everything has to be masterpiece and you don't need to look at every messy doodle as a failure because it doesn't have direction and purpose. You drew it. So it's wonderful and I'm sure you learned something from it. ^_^
//hugs
Don't be so hard on yourself. Personally I think this is one of my favorite pieces from you so far. heart

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Starrii
True Karma
Starrii
Day #10

User Image

i actually hate doing that welp, I like doing art in one big piece (i suspect its my ADHD but who knows—but its why i did the steampunk piece in one full thing). I lose motivation real ******** fast lol. so the single day nature should work for me, but it doesn't exactly because i just have a vision and go full out every time. usually i pace myself by doing lots of little sketch chibis and whatnot that i can colour fast but many of them don't fit the 40min requirement zzz
i like to color all at once because I think my mood drives my coloring style XD
I could fit the 40 minute chibi lines and coloring but it won’t look pretty XD

Ambivalently's Princess

Starrii
DragonofHeaven
Starrii
100 Day Event

thank you! so for clarification how should i post tomorrow?

I think what she means is to just post your day 11 in the accidental 2nd post you made by editing it so your post count remains accurate. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff