Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heyo everyone. :3 Good luck with your essays guys >_<. I feel kinda bad, because I'm just relaxing and doing job interviews this week while you guys are working hard!
Job interviews are hard-ish.

Anyway, it was down to the wire, but I got the paper done. Mostly to the specifications. >.<
Monkeybread Muffins
Source: My 7th grade home ec cookbook.
Level of difficulty: heart

Note: The recipe calls for Texas muffin tins to make this, but I've made huge hunks of it in bread pans or regular muffin tins. For bread pans, get the tube kind of dough instead.

Materials:
Stove, bowls, pastry brush, Texas muffin tin/regular muffin tin/pan

Ingredients: [For 3 people]
3 T sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 T. margarine, melted
12 refrigerator biscuits (Like the Pillsbury kind)

What to actually do:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. With a pastry brush, butter the cups of the Texas muffin pan using some of the melted butter. Set aside.

2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Tear each of the biscuits into 3 peices and roll to form balls.

3. Roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat and place into the buttered muffin cups, dividing evenly. (There should be 12 for each up if you're using a Texas muffin.)

4. Combine the remaining sugar mixture and butter. Spoon evenly over the biscutis.

5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.

Mmm, this is sooo good. Very easy and quick to make. I also do this when I make Challah, because it's too damn delicous smelling for me not to have a bite.
Looks good to me. I'll update when I finish eating.
I'm having a party tomorrow. I was thinking of making the Med Student brownies and maybe a veggie dish. Any suggestions?
I really like flautas. They're difficult though.

Also, I think I impressed some guy in my PE class with my random videogame rambling. He called me a hard core gamer, which is really funny because I'm not.

And I know I forgot to add the recipe. I'll do it, I swear!

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Baranquesseiel
I really like flautas. They're difficult though.

Also, I think I impressed some guy in my PE class with my random videogame rambling. He called me a hard core gamer, which is really funny because I'm not.

And I know I forgot to add the recipe. I'll do it, I swear!

I'm kinda amused how many guys are awed at my total geekdom XD
It's a good way to make friends though. I was totally talking comic books and old 90's cartoons with one of my guy classmates that I barely spoke to the entire semester as we were on an hour long drive back to campus from the print shop where our class was getting out newspaper printed.
I just seem to amaze guys with my love of meat.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Baranquesseiel
I just seem to amaze guys with my love of meat.

Apparently I've been throwing the wrench in gender conventions since I was a wee little thing.

I just remembered I had a red plastic Ghostbusters lunch box in preschool and played with hot wheels instead of barbies...
I played with both. I don't see what the big deal is.

Gender stereotypes are only contrived by society anyway.
I don't know what to call this, but it's ridiculously simple to make.

Amayonnaising pasta with tuna

Difficulty rating: heart

Equipment needed: Stove, pot, can opener, maybe a cheese grater.

Ingredients:

Pasta of any kind, I prefer penne.
Mayonnaise.
A small can of tuna
About 1/2 cup grated cheese.

Cook pasta to your liking. Drain.

While pasta is cooking, open and drain the can of tuna, break up the contents and mix with the cheese and about 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.

When pasta is drained, mix everything together and eat.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I bonded with one of the science professors about comic books.

Didn't stop him from failing me, though.

Now I make sure to berate all his comics.
I had a few barbies when I little (I preferred stuffed animals) and my dad thought it would be funny to give me the preschooler lesson about Marie Antoinette. In short? My mum walked in on me pulling off the heads of all the barbies.

In preschool, we had to talk about what jobs we wanted when we grew up, and I told everyone I wanted to be a paleontologist. (Then it changed to archaeologist, then my current choice psychologist XD)
I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. But when pressed, I would eventually come up with Vet.
Now I know that I never want to be a vet. I couldn't stand seeing all those hurt animals.

I knew by high school that writing was what I wanted to do.
Nutrition? In MY Ramen?

This is similar to other ramen recipes, but a little easier, I think.

Equipment:
Stove and pot OR microwave and large, microwave-safe container

Ingredients:
Water, 1 package ramen (flavor of your choice), about 1/2 cup frozen vegetables of your choice, 1 or 2 teaspoons butter, soy sauce and/or seasoned salt to taste (both optional)

Prep time:

5 to 10 minutes

Difficulty level:
heart Incredibly easy

Directions:
When you the water on to boil, I toss in about a half-cup of frozen vegetables (I use peas and carrots, but you can be as creative as your heart desires), a spoon or two full of butter, a dash of seasoned salt, and if I feel like it, a little soy sauce. When the water starts boiling, throw in your noodles, and by the time they're fully cooked the vegetables should be too. Drain, stir in seasoning as usual and serve!

Of course, if you prefer it as a soup, draining isn't necessary (but the broth will be murkier than usual).

Note:
I love ramen noodles, and a lot of college students practically live off them, but they pretty much have no nutritional value. Getting a serving of vegetables with them makes me feel a lot better about what I'm eating, and they don't cook very long so they maintain most of their nutrition--and they're impressively flavorful.

I usually do this on the stove top, but I think it would be easy enough to do in the microwave as well.

Oh, and just for the record, grilled mushrooms are excellent to toss in, if you have any on hand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff