Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is teaching something you really want to do?
Well, then, good! Have fun.

I considered teaching (it's one of the few things I can do with my major), but I don't think I have the patience.
Psychologist for me :3 I want to work with Doctors Without Borders!

Oh my goodness guys ><. On my evening jog last night this creepy man in his thirties started following me and asking my name/where I lived. I tried to ignore him and he asks: 'Gee, isn't it dangerous for a little girl like you to be out?'.

I responded: 'No it's ok, I had to learn self defence in school' (Which is actually true).

Then he asked me if I wanted to go walk down this dark path with him because the end of the path was 'very beautiful'. Needless to say, I bolted (thank god I sprint) and ran to a friend's house.

X_x My parents had me go to the police to report it, because it's a popular spot for young joggers.
Wow. That is REALLY creepy. I'm glad you're alright and that you reported it to the police. The world should be safe, but it isn't.

Anyway, what is Doctors Without Borders?
Doctors Without Borders is an organization where Doctors and Psychologists (among others) go to poor/wartorn/areas where an accident has occured like earthquakes, primarily in second and third world countries to provide health and mental care of people who couldn't afford it otherwise.

I feel kinda silly for the incident being reported, but I'm kinda glad too. O_o They assigned a detective to me to follow up on the case.
Well, that sounds like a good cause. I hope you do well in it.

Also, don't feel silly. That guy shouldn't be harassing young female joggers. They obviously thought it was serious enough to assign you a detective. And maybe you can stop him from doing something bad to some one who doesn't run as fast.
Yeah, that's what my mum said as well XD. Thanks for your concern!

I'm gonna go out for my jog now (Two hours earlier than I normally do it, I'm trying to be careful), so I'll be back on later tonight.
Ok. Be safe!
Baranquesseiel
Ooo. I love quiche.
As far as I know, it's hard to make though.

Taki~ I'll have to deal with terrible parking and no meal plan.
I don't know if I'll go to grad school or not.
What are you going to study there?

Oh no no no. Quiche (or at least this one) is easy, unless you make your own crust. I have to visit my sis to get the recipe, though; I can't find mine.
My sister is good at making quiche. It's really fatty though. A lot of cheese and whipping cream.
Zoom! Just got back from the jog. I went in the same area I did last night (except I went when it was light) in order to get over my fear of the place. Then I made it back home safely.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Ack...I would have run from the man the second the creepiness kicked in >_<

Carry pepper spray! Or shank him with a key held between the first and second knuckles and your pointer and your middle finger biggrin

Then run...creepy weirdo.

Glad you're safe and glad that the police are taking serious initiative on it!
I think the key thing is more annoying than it is lethal. Pepper spray would work though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff